Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPN: BOV860BSS

MarnieBSouthwest, VIC

Couldn’t live without it.

This oven is the utter best. I would be lost without it. It’s versatility is second to none. It grills, toasts, bakes, roasts, slow cooks reheats. I bake cakes, roast meat slow cook casseroles reheat snacks bake vegies. If you need an over then this does it all & so easy to clean.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $275.00.

Sharon

SharonPerth, WA

So glad I made the investment

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones for $469.00.

Cayenne

CayenneSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Breville BOV860 Smart Oven is the best thing since sliced bread!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $424.00.

Mac31

Mac31Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer for $424.00.

Breville Fan

Breville FanPerth, WA

Love my BOV860 Smart Oven Air Fryer

I have one issue and that is my reluctance to use the air fryer tray without lining it with tin foil before air frying any foods that drip since the catch tray lays beneath the base elements which cop all these drippings and I'm unable to perfectly clean doing as per instructions, consequently defeating the purpose of an air fryer. I refer to foods such as chips, chicken patties, bacon and the Broiling pan is not big enough for chicken kebabs. If I'm able to find the correct size baking tray would that be okay to place at the lowest position of the oven in order to catch drippings plus protect the elements, or does Breville offer an accessory for this very purpose?

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Les F

Les FSydney, NSW

Not worth it, check door fit

I purchased the BOV860 two days ago and returned it today. The door did not align with the body and the Air Fryer was not worth the extra money, almost $500 and you can get the BOV845 for under $300. I have two of the previous models of the oven, one about nine years old which still works well and the other about three years old and the fan has stopped working so thats why I bought the new one. The quality of the new one is very inferior to previous models. I was going to replace the BOV860 with another one. I checked four new ones and they all had problems with the doors. When I checked new BOV845 models all the doors fitted well. I think Breville should look hard and fast at their supplier.

Purchased in June 2019 for $370.00.

Product is used: Rarely
BrevilleBreville

We are very sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your oven and we will be looking into the door fitting. We do understand your frustration and truly do value your feed back on this.

TC80Gold Coast

Needs to be recalled. Buy BOV845 instead.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

TC80

Hi, I got no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

TC80

Still no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

JasonI

JasonISydney, NSW

Very Very Disappointed

• +1

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $499.00.

Wisey

WiseyToowoomba

Not what we'd hoped

Product is used: Weekly
LittleJimmy

LittleJimmyBunbury

Compact smart oven is also a great air fryer

csutak40Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great, on the whole - shame we are America's poor cousin

Nic

Nicbrisbane

It's a Cracka!

Purchased in April 2019.

Product is used: Several times a week

I’m glad your in my life

Slow cooker is the best. I put on as I get to work and my breakfast is ready on time! Cheese toastier are delish too! All the boys love it as well

Purchased in January 2019.

banter

banterSydney, NSW

It's Not Just Smart... It's Brilliant!

Purchased in May 2019 at Breville.

clem03

clem03asked

When is the Breville Model BOV900BSS Smart oven Available in Australia as I am interested in Buying one ???

MarnieB

Ask Breville, Im a customer not a distributor.

DEBN

DEBNasked

I purchased the oven because I liked the idea of getting rid of the air fryer and the toaster. I read lots of reviews and watched a lot of youtube videos. I watched a Breville promo video with an Australian women showing the proofing and dehydrating functions. I couldn't believe it when I set up the oven and discovered that I did not have these functions. Why would you have an obviously australian person demonstrating something that is not available in Australia. I, like everyone else am really annoyed that Breville should release a different product in Australia.
Any way, I have been happy with the toasting, baking and reheating functions. I am happy with the air frying mode but I too am concerned with anything dripping on the fragile elements. I also find I have to put something under the rack if I am grilling cheese on toast or something because again, I do not want anything dripping onto the elements.
I had the E05 error and the instruction book put the fear of God into me when it said "unplug and return to place of purchase" I got a replacement and the error has happened again. This time I turned off and on and continued to use it. I rang Breville and the first question I was asked was "Do you have solar power?" Yes, I do. The lady explained that this seems to be causing the E05 because of a possible fluctuation in power. I asked if the oven was going to blow up if I continued to use it and she assured me it would not, so at the moment I am continuing to use it. I am using it with a surge protector plug so hopeful that alleviates any fluctuation in power. So far the E05 has only happened once with this new oven, but if it is recurring, I will sadly have to return and opt for a refund. If I want to use the oven in daylight hours and this continues to happen. I will have no choice.
I must say that I am very impressed that Breville is easily contactable and I am able to speak to someone in this country. That is a rarity in this day and age.

MarnieB

I have solar energy but have not had that problem at all. Seems a strange response from Breville. If the problem occurs again I would get in touch again as no use waiting until the warranty expires. I just love mine but must admit I do still use my toaster & air fryer. I also cover the bottom slide out tray in my oven with foil to catch any spillage & the elements dont seem to suffer from any occasional overflows. Good Luck.

SuzieOasked

When is Breville going to introduce the bigger version BOV900 to Australia?
I am very interested in getting the air fryer oven, but the BOV860 is way too small! It can only fit in a 9 muffin tray and cannot fit in a standard size cookie sheet. With an expensive price tag of $500 AUD, I expect this oven to have enough capacity to cook a family meal. If I have to cook chips and meat in multiple batches to feed the family, this is time consuming and defeats the purpose of using the air fryer, as speed is one of its draw cards. Could you please introduce the larger model BOV900 to Australia as I am sure this will be much more popular than the current version? We Aussies may not cook turkey regularly like the Americans, but we do need the capacity to cook for a large family nonetheless.

csutak40

I am not convinced that the US version is any larger. (may be wrong) I presume a toaster oven (which is what this is, really) isn't meant to be large. After all, it is something you keep on your bench, so don't want it to take up too much room. Cooking dinner (meat and chips) for a family is what a proper oven is used for. I would use this for times when turning on the proper oven would be overkill

SuzieO

US offers two versions: a smaller size one like the one currently sold in Australia with 10 functions, and a larger size one that can fit a standard cookie sheet tray with 13 functions. Personally I would use this oven as an air fryer to cook chips, fried chicken ...etc. and it would be a hassle to have to cook these in multiple batches just to feed a family of 4. Appreciate that some people with a smaller family would prefer to have a smaller oven, but it would be good if Breville at least gives us the same options as offered in the US. Why is Australia always the poor cousin that gets the old models?

BrevilleBreville

We understand that the larger Breville® BOV900BSS Smart Oven® Air is an oven that many people have an interest in. Please know this is under development to be released in Australia. While we don't have a definitive date for it yet, we will make it known once it's ready for release.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers