Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now

Linda

LindaGreat Southern, WA

Worst appliance I have ever bought

The air fryer is impossible to clean it has a sticky substance on the bottom which won’t come off it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in months but is only a few weeks old

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman.

PJT

PJTSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do yourself a favour

My brother has this unit and, while it is good, I purchased the Cuisinart Combi steam/convection oven instead and I am glad I did. It was cheaper and does a lot more than the Breville. It doesn't airfry but I also bought a small inexpensive airfryer

Purchased at Myer for A$499.00.

SAMMY

SAMMYHobart, TAS

This pocket rocket is awesome

Just bought this little unit and have tried out a few functions already. So far so good. Its easy to set up and use with a pre set buttons for most things. We tried out the chip mesh tray and it was great. Chips were crispy but not too dry and nice that they weren't oily. Chicken strip's were also delicious in the air fryer. Crispy on the outside and juicy and moist inside. I will update more functions as I use them.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$399.00.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Robyn R

Robyn RSouth East Queensland, QLD

I use it so much more than expected.

I originally bought this to act as a "sort of" proofing oven but find myself using it often for many other things. I love the air-fryer for potato wedges - thanks for nothing Breville - but it toasts gluten free bread really well, grills very gently, and even fits my 26cm casserole pot. It's an excellent addition to my kitchen freeing up space in the built in 90cm oven for larger items and also quicker to heat for smaller jobs

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$479.00.

Alan

AlanSydney, NSW

Breville Smart Oven Fryer a definite winner in our household, work place and farm.

I have three of the original Breville Smart Ovens, at home, at work and at the farm. I recently upgrade to the Smart Oven Air Fryer. A great appliance that can just about cook anything. A bit small for the large family roast. I cook the vegetables in the Smart Oven and Meat or Chicken in the Smart Oven Air Fryer. My Sister and Brother have purchased the Smart Oven Air Fryer for their kitchens. No need for the gas oven.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$480.00.

MLM

MLMBrisbane

Good all around oven

Purchased in June 2020 at David Jones Online Store for A$399.00.

Brian

BrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer - loving it!

This Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer is proving really versatile. I am loving experimenting with it. I can see that my normal twin full size ovens will be getting far less use now.

Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very handy and I used it every day since purchase

I really like this smart oven day 1, it can cook very crispy chips, fried chicken and bake nice cake as well. except one thing - it's actually quite hard to clean compare to the traditional oven.

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones for A$429.00.

St John M.

St John M.

Great

We love this little oven. So useful and fast. Got the air fryer to go on top of the straight oven/toaster.
Very useful combo
Its very easy to program and so is useful.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$500.00.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

part of the oven peeling

Purchased on April 27, 2020 and used almost daily. We liked it until today (June 10) It started to smoke and smelled like rubber or electrical burning. Paint is peeling off the outside, close to the controls. We are taking it back. I don't want aerosolized toxins in our food.

Purchased in April 2020.

crisssydoll

crisssydollSouthwest, VIC

Meh.....pretty mediocre

It does not have thorough explanations of using each program. Very basic, have no idea how to cook a roast in it. When i follow instructions it takes much longer to air fry than i want. Its taken me 40 minutes to air fry calamari after heating oven. Wouldnt recommend this product

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$465.00.

Love love love

This is a fantastic oven . We live in a rental property with a really terrible oven , so i bought this oven as substitute for anything i wanted browned instead of steamed . I cook roast meats , great roast potatoes , cakes, pizza and muffins to name a few .The reheat and warm options are very helpful. I can't live without my new oven .

Purchased in February 2020 at Betta Home Living for A$450.00.

Nette3976

Nette3976Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good things come in small packages

Bought this six months ago as a temporary replacement for my regular oven that’s on its way out. It’s done it’s job having cooked roast meat, baked cakes and other snack foods. While it’s done it’s job and certainly filled a void with my cooking needs it does need some improvements. The roof of the oven is extremely difficult to clean. Can’t remove oily splatters off the roof and my light doesn’t switch on when the door is opened. This aside it does crackle my pork really well and it’s great for frozen pizzas and oven cooking small meals. Although it has an airfry option it won’t replace my airfryer.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

Colin Foley

Colin FoleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great machine, don't even use the oven any more!

Great product, perfect for a family of three, best toast ever and have used every function. Only thing is it can take about 20% longer to cook then packet would suggest

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for A$350.00.

Burkstrum

BurkstrumCaloundra

Pizza in 10 minute's!

I love fried food. I can cook fresh home made pizza in 10 minutes, frozen fries come out crispy, cheesy garlic bread is a breeze! I love all of the functions this little oven has and it's the perfect counter top oven for those smaller meals.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for A$428.00.

Elle

ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't get it hot - chips have taken 75 mins and still cooking!

My first ever use of this machine and I'm disappointed. I thought it would be a faster cooker, not painstakingly slower. I'm about to give up cooking chips in the Breville and put them in my normal oven as it's been well over an hour now. Not sure if there's something wrong with my machine or if if this is just it. Very disappointing as I was so excited to use it! Will need to take it back I think as this is basically unusable.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

Euan

Euan

Breville Smart Oven/ Air Fryer model BOV860 Error E05 if you have solar panels

We had just bought a new Breville BOV860 bench-top oven/toaster. We followed the pre-use instructions exactly. About 30 seconds after the pre-use heating had been completed error code E05 showed on the control panel. I called the Breville customer support number and explained the problem. The immediate response from the support person was 'Do you have solar panels?' which we do. It seems that there is an issue with these appliances where they do not work if the premises have solar panels.
We will be returning the oven to the store where we bought it.
Very disappointed (we did not even get to try using it) and not good enough considering that approx. 25% of households have solar panels.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Mimi

MimiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very, very happy with this oven.

Purchased in October 2019 at Myers for A$400.00.

john1818

john1818Sydney, NSW

Disappointed with Airfry function

large oven that works ok on most functions but didn't realise that the airflow fan is placed at the side of the oven and not from the top. When airfrying you want the airflow hitting the chips across the whole surface from the top down. I find it more uneven when cooking with the air coming from the side plus the most annoying feature of this is the oven has preheat when you select Airfry. Which adds cooking time and is not how other models seem to work . It feels like Airfry has been added on as an after thought. If you are looking especially for the airfry function I wouldn't recommend

Purchased in September 2019.

Product is usedWeekly

Rusty air fryer basket

Initially I was excited to buy the product however the product is not even 1 month with me the air fryer basket started to get rusty on my first use. If this is made for food it should not rust at all plus it is a stainless steel it should not rust. Tried contacting Breville and their customer service representative is useless, I was promised they will send air fryer basket 5 to 7 business days and I've even given them chance to extend it till 3 weeks the basket hasn't come yet. Tried calling again and was advised they still need few more days to get it delivered. How ridiculous this company can be!

Will never buy their products again and will never recommend to everyone.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$350.00.

Product is usedMonthly