Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPN: BOV860BSS

• Product is used
    • Daily (10)
    • Several times a week (4)
    • Weekly (2)
    • Monthly (1)
    • Rarely (1)

Burkstrum

BurkstrumCaloundra

Pizza in 10 minute's!

I love fried food. I can cook fresh home made pizza in 10 minutes, frozen fries come out crispy, cheesy garlic bread is a breeze! I love all of the functions this little oven has and it's the perfect counter top oven for those smaller meals.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for $428.00.

Elle

ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't get it hot - chips have taken 75 mins and still cooking!

My first ever use of this machine and I'm disappointed. I thought it would be a faster cooker, not painstakingly slower. I'm about to give up cooking chips in the Breville and put them in my normal oven as it's been well over an hour now. Not sure if there's something wrong with my machine or if if this is just it. Very disappointing as I was so excited to use it! Will need to take it back I think as this is basically unusable.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Euan

Euan

Breville Smart Oven/ Air Fryer model BOV860 Error E05 if you have solar panels

We had just bought a new Breville BOV860 bench-top oven/toaster. We followed the pre-use instructions exactly. About 30 seconds after the pre-use heating had been completed error code E05 showed on the control panel. I called the Breville customer support number and explained the problem. The immediate response from the support person was 'Do you have solar panels?' which we do. It seems that there is an issue with these appliances where they do not work if the premises have solar panels.
We will be returning the oven to the store where we bought it.
Very disappointed (we did not even get to try using it) and not good enough considering that approx. 25% of households have solar panels.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Mimi

MimiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very, very happy with this oven.

Purchased in October 2019 at Myers for $400.00.

john1818Sydney, NSW

Disappointed with Airfry function

large oven that works ok on most functions but didn't realise that the airflow fan is placed at the side of the oven and not from the top. When airfrying you want the airflow hitting the chips across the whole surface from the top down. I find it more uneven when cooking with the air coming from the side plus the most annoying feature of this is the oven has preheat when you select Airfry. Which adds cooking time and is not how other models seem to work . It feels like Airfry has been added on as an after thought. If you are looking especially for the airfry function I wouldn't recommend

Purchased in September 2019.

Product is used Weekly

Rusty air fryer basket

Initially I was excited to buy the product however the product is not even 1 month with me the air fryer basket started to get rusty on my first use. If this is made for food it should not rust at all plus it is a stainless steel it should not rust. Tried contacting Breville and their customer service representative is useless, I was promised they will send air fryer basket 5 to 7 business days and I've even given them chance to extend it till 3 weeks the basket hasn't come yet. Tried calling again and was advised they still need few more days to get it delivered. How ridiculous this company can be!

Will never buy their products again and will never recommend to everyone.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.

Product is used Monthly
MarnieB

MarnieBSouthwest, VIC

Couldn’t live without it.

This oven is the utter best. I would be lost without it. It’s versatility is second to none. It grills, toasts, bakes, roasts, slow cooks reheats. I bake cakes, roast meat slow cook casseroles reheat snacks bake vegies. If you need an over then this does it all & so easy to clean.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $275.00.

Sharon

SharonPerth, WA

So glad I made the investment

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones for $469.00.

Cayenne

CayenneSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Breville BOV860 Smart Oven is the best thing since sliced bread!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $424.00.

Mac31

Mac31Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer for $424.00.

Breville Fan

Breville FanPerth, WA

Love my BOV860 Smart Oven Air Fryer

I have one issue and that is my reluctance to use the air fryer tray without lining it with tin foil before air frying any foods that drip since the catch tray lays beneath the base elements which cop all these drippings and I'm unable to perfectly clean doing as per instructions, consequently defeating the purpose of an air fryer. I refer to foods such as chips, chicken patties, bacon and the Broiling pan is not big enough for chicken kebabs. If I'm able to find the correct size baking tray would that be okay to place at the lowest position of the oven in order to catch drippings plus protect the elements, or does Breville offer an accessory for this very purpose?

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Les F

Les FSydney, NSW

Not worth it, check door fit

I purchased the BOV860 two days ago and returned it today. The door did not align with the body and the Air Fryer was not worth the extra money, almost $500 and you can get the BOV845 for under $300. I have two of the previous models of the oven, one about nine years old which still works well and the other about three years old and the fan has stopped working so thats why I bought the new one. The quality of the new one is very inferior to previous models. I was going to replace the BOV860 with another one. I checked four new ones and they all had problems with the doors. When I checked new BOV845 models all the doors fitted well. I think Breville should look hard and fast at their supplier.

Purchased in June 2019 for $370.00.

Product is used Rarely
BrevilleBreville

We are very sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your oven and we will be looking into the door fitting. We do understand your frustration and truly do value your feed back on this.

TC80Gold Coast

Needs to be recalled. Buy BOV845 instead.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

TC80

Hi, I got no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

TC80

Still no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

JasonI

JasonISydney, NSW

Very Very Disappointed

• +1

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $499.00.

Wisey

WiseyToowoomba

Not what we'd hoped

Product is used Weekly

LittleJimmy

LittleJimmyBunbury

Compact smart oven is also a great air fryer

csutak40Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great, on the whole - shame we are America's poor cousin

Nic

Nicbrisbane

It's a Cracka!

Purchased in April 2019.

Product is used Several times a week

I’m glad your in my life

Slow cooker is the best. I put on as I get to work and my breakfast is ready on time! Cheese toastier are delish too! All the boys love it as well

Purchased in January 2019.

banter

banterSydney, NSW

It's Not Just Smart... It's Brilliant!

Purchased in May 2019 at Breville.