Philips Premium Digital Airfryer

Philips Premium Digital Airfryer

HD9643/17, HD9651/91, HD9650/93, etc...

Air Fryers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of air fryer would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used
    • Several times a week (65)
    • Daily (39)
    • Weekly (17)
    • Monthly (1)

Svay

SvaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect mini oven!

It functions as an mini oven. It is easy to use and clean, easy to carry and install it. Worth to own it for sure. Get back 50 aud in Harvey Norman

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.

Eric C

Eric CSydney, NSW

Perfect, I cant live without it!

I've had the prior Phillips air-fryer models and can say that cleaning this one is so much easier!

I use it everyday and don' t know what i would do with out it. Easy to use, easy to clean and makes amazing food!

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $449.00.

Sendle user

Sendle userGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great addition to kitchen

Very satisfied with purchase, worth it just for the crispy chips you can make without excess oil. Love reheating croissants in it and making "fried" bread sticks. Also caramelises roast veges well. And it's so fast to use, no preheating like with a conventional oven, and the nonstick surfaces work well. Stick it in the dishwasher!

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with the Airfryer Premium XXl. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with this product. If you have any questions feel free to ask it!

Mrs Hagan

Mrs HaganPerth, WA

Love this machine

You can use this good quality piece of kitchen equipment to cook almost anything you would in an oven.
Hot chips (home made or shop bought) come out perfectly. Reheating different food such as pastries to chicken wings or even roast meats from raw.
So versatile we use it daily!
Uses little power and I can reheat small amounts of things without turning on our huge oven.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $299.00.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks a lot for your review, Mrs Hagan! It's much appreciated that you've taken a moment to share some thoughts, and some of your greatest successes with the Airfryer.

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

XXL turbo is awesome

This is a great machine, I would not buy anything smaller as it's a waste..the XXL is only just big enough for two adults maybe three.
I love my Airfryer although it was way over priced. 2nd year using it on a daily basis.

srjh82

srjh82

Very convenient, but failure prone

I use this air fryer a lot - it's very convenient for thinks like frozen chips, schnitzels and roast vegetables, etc.

Unfortunately I have experienced several design faults that have left me wondering whether I made the right choice. I had to send it back once when the interface died, and the new unit rattles and shakes like crazy (there is clearly something wrong with the fan) with an interlock that doesn't seem to work either.

Without these issues it would be a much better product.

Purchased in March 2019.

howardfl

howardflSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just loving my Airfryer

Very impressed with this airfryer, had the standard white Philips Airfryer for approx 6 years. still works but the basket no longer clicks in the draw properly and if I don't hold onto the bottom falls on the ground. Perfect opportunity to purchase one of these sleek black airfryers. Have cooked a roast chicken and vegetables, lamb cutlets and porterhouse steak and they were all done beautifully in fact the steak was a budget one which tends to be a little tough but cooked in the airfryer was so tender. To be able to cook a whole chicken in this appliance is fabulous, no need to fire up the big oven. I decided to go with Philips again because of the after sales help I received from my 1st airfryer, plus the quality is very, very good.

Purchased in December 2019 at JBHIFI.

NicktjGippsland, VIC

One of my best buys

I use my airfryer at least 4/5 times a week as I hate cooking in oil. We usually cook our crumbed chicken, roast potatoes or chips, roasted cauliflower or practically anything that is oven baked. It cooks very thoroughly and it doesn't heat up my house like my oven does. Cleaning is easy as each section pulls out and can be washed in hot soapy water.

Purchased in February 2018 at Betta Home Living for $290.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with the Airfryer. We're happy to hear that your satisfied with this product and use it very often. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us!

Simply Amazing

This Philips AirFryer is simply an amazing piece of technology. It is super efficient in cooking food and results in food being crispy without the need of oil. Would absolutely recommend for anyone looking for a healthier way to cook. It cooked 50 mini Dim Sims in 20 miniutes with not one undercooked or still frozen. This product is super easy to clean and can be used from baking to grilling to frying.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Samantha Hinderman

Samantha HindermanSydney, NSW

This is Perfect

Air fryer fries the food pretty quick and the food is always crispy when taken out. The chips especially! However the air fryer is difficult to clean due to its heavy weight.

Purchased in April 2018 at Coles for $540.00.

Veewilson

VeewilsonNorth Queensland, QLD

Used 3 times and it never work again!

We bought this item because our friend recommendation. We used it three times and the airfryer wont work at all not even the digital display. So we returned it to JB Hifi where we bought it from and apparently its been couple people come back with it. Very disappointed! As we had big expectations with this product and shame that we cant get the different one because that was the only one left in store ( this is happened after Christmas-Boxing Day- New Year sale)

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $320.00.

Amazing!

We havent used our oven since we got it over a month ago, its so much better! I love how you can cook almost anything in it! Love it so much

Philips S.Philips

Great to hear you enjoy using the Airfryer so much, Toni-Louise! We would love to hear some of your recipes. Please feel free to download our NutriU App and share recipes with us and other Airfryer users.

ninifoodie

ninifoodieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect everyday appliance - a kitchen staple!

We have had the original, smaller Philips Airfryer for about 2 years and used it often, but after upgrading to the XXL we honestly couldnt live without it! The XXL is the perfect size to create a whole meal for two such as a roast with veges or our weekly regular of homemade chips and marinated protein like chicken or fish. The XXL has a really easy to clean design as the basket is fully removable, and the interface is really easy to use as well. Definitely recommend!

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for your positive review! Nice to hear you enjoy using the Airfyer XXL so much. Please feel free to share your delicious recipes with us and other Airfryer users in the NutriU App!

novaxstar

novaxstarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Airfryer is a must have in your life

If you don't own an air fryer you should definitely get one now. Not having to turn on your oven and wait a long time is so rewarding when you want to make things like fried foods. Also removes the oil so it's healthier and it can heat up bread very easily and much better than using a microwave. Don't really see how I can have a house without this item.

Purchased in July 2019 at Amazon.

Jason N.

Jason N.Sydney, NSW

The most perfect invention ever made!

This is a 5 / 5 rating from me due to the below reasons..
I've absolutely love the airfryer. Used it almost everyday for most of my essential meals. Vegetable, meats, fries and everything under the sun. If you like you can be creative and make something great from it, such as Japanese fried chicken, aranchini balls etc.

The airfryer has definitely saved me a lot of time doing the cooking for the family and myself during my busy week. When I feel hungry late at night, I can just simply start this beauty up straight away without any kind of wait time, which is awesome!

Completely change the way I see fried food. Things are alot more healthier and food I love to eat is becoming much more guilt free. :)

Kera

KeraSydney, NSW

Amazing product, juiciest meat ever.

Since receiving this airfryer Ive been using it on the regular. Ive cooked chicken, seafood, and deep fried food. The results are very juicy meats, that my traditional oven could never do. There was also barely any leftover liquid at the bottom of the tray, just the fats, which meant the juices stayed inside the meat. Least to say I am very impressed with this result. I look forward to cooking with it every time.

Jodi

JodiIllawarra, NSW

My favourite appliance!

I love it! I've used other brand airfryers before and the Philips XXL is 4000 times better! Food is CRISPIER! Cooking is FASTER! Cleaning is so EASY! I definitely recommend!

Purchased in September 2019.

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for the great review, Jodi! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the Airfryer XXL. Are you also already using our NutriU app? There you can find more, delicious and easy recipes.

Beautiful and Efficient Air Fryer

From the moment I received Philips the air fryer, I've been smitten. The size is perfect for a family of three adults with a good appetite! I've made some perfectly crunchy pita chips, some roast chicken and a LOT of French fries, both frozen and fresh, and each time the results have been perfect.

I also loved the recipe book and instructions to better understand how to use the machine.

I can't recommend the product highly enough, give it 10/10 and a must have for anyone looking to reduce the amount of oil in their diet!

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for the nice review, Sanai! We're happy to hear you and your family are ejoying the Airfryer XXL. You can download our NutriU app for more delicious recipes.

Tim

TimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic product!

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for the nice review, Tim! Great to hear you and your family are enjoying the Airfryer XXL so much. Please feel free to also share your own recipes in the app!

bettina

bettina

So quick, easy and mess free!

I was really excited about receiving the Philips XXL Airfryer, I had read a lot of great reviews and it hasnt disappointed! So easy to cook a quick snack for the kids, I love cooking crumbed chicken and tofu without the oil and mess. I baked a super quick and easy cake and it turned out perfectly - eaten in a day!

Purchased in August 2019.

kylea

kyleaasked

Premium Airfryer XXL Digital HD9650/93

which is better 9861/99 or 9651/91? Family of 2 adults and 2 male teenagers, and is the difference worth the price?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Kyleea, thank you for your question. Both products are ideal for a familiy of four. The higher end model is able to save favorite cooking settings, The 9861/99 model also has Smart Sensing technology, this means that a Smart sensor automatically adjusts the time and temperature for perfect results. We hope this helps. If you have any further questions, then feel free to contact us. We are available on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for Australia and 0800 658 224 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm) for New Zealand. We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Eman b.

Eman b.asked

I have a xxl digital Philipps airfryer for almost one year now(bought from Qatar). When I turn it on,the display turns on with no beep sound . The touch buttons don't work to set the timer and temperature. When I press the knob button to start heating, nothing happen. I feel so disappointed for buying it again after my last Xl one failed also with a board issue.

Hi there Eman,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your Airfryer with us. We're sorry to hear it's been far from ideal, especially since this is the second time it has happened with your Airfryers. Please know that we'd like to investigate this for you further.

You can get in touch with our Consumer Care team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They'd be happy to help!

Michelle

Just take it back and get another as they have a great service department..I have one and purchased three more for .y kuds and they alk widk perfect. Best of luck.

David

Davidasked

My daughter has a unit that turns on, all indicators are on but the fan doesn't seem to turn on. Unit heats up and will eventually cook. I have the same unit, fan turns on , frozen chips done in 10 mins, daughters takes 30
Been to repairers once, no fault found. Still problem. Known problem? Replacement this time as still in warranty?

Nicktj

How could no fault be found of the fan isn't coming on? Hmm strange. My fan comes on. That's the whole idea of an air fryer. If under warranty I would go for the replacement.

Hi David,

We're sorry hear to hear about that, this could indeed be an issue with her machine but it could also be that she's cooking on the wrong mode. For the fastest and crispiest chips we recommend the frying mode on your AirFryer. If this doesn't help out then you can feel free to give us a call at 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST).

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Download manual