Philips Premium Digital Airfryer
Listing monitored by Philips

Pros

• Quick cooking times

• Effortless to clean

• Has variety of cooking functions

Simon C.
Simon C.Perth, WA

Top quality Air fryer

Just brilliant ! Leaps and bounds over the others in the market. Expensive but you get what you pay for here.

Tried a couple of the lower budget options, and while good they were clunky and awkward to use. This is so simple, easy to use and most importantly a breeze to clean.

Produces great food and comes with a sample recipe book, which will leave you wanting to try more and more in this great device.

Purchased in July 2021 at Harvey Norman for $449.00.

cornish1
cornish1MELBOURNE

Fantastic appliance - use it more than my oven as it is so versatile

This is a fantastic appliance. This is my first air fryer. It holds a huge amount as well as being very quick at cooking. Philips also offer a great app featuring lots of different recipes to try out in the air fryer. This model also features fat removal and it is scary to see how much oil can come out of various products whilst cooking. This cooks chips well but I have also purchased the original grill plate and baking accessories for it. Cooks steak and pork to perfection.
From the cleaning perspective it is relatively easy to clean however you do need to turn it upside down if you want to clean the heating element well.
I love this air fryer so much that I have bought the same model for my holiday house.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

Premium Air Fryer with a small capacity

Purchased in July 2021 at Amazon for $299.00.

annadel
annadelSydney, NSW

this is most overused appliance in my kitchen

have progressed onto my second airfryer - the digital version and much better with touch button function. this is used for reheating leftovers, cooking veges and crumbed meats and fish and so quick although cleanup is the only downside

Purchased in February 2021 for $550.00.

Philips S.Philips

Great appliance BUT cleaning this product is near impossible

This air fryer is great cooks foods well.
But when I went to give it a "deep clean". Flipped over the machine to clean the element and fan but there is no way to remove or detach it to be able to clean it.
I even went as far as trying to remove the outer casing but still I couldn't even do that.

This has really put me off the machine.

Philips S.Philips

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

So Unreliable

Bought this air fryer about a year ago.Cooked really well then after a few months the display went to dashes and would not heat.Back to the shop.Waited 3weeks for repair.Back home again.Lasted a few weeks then capput,same problem.Back to shop.Waited 3 weeks then back home again.Used it last night and capput same problem yet again.
This time i will be asking for a different brand as this has let me down so many times let alone the trips to Bankstown to return the piece of junk which takes an hour and a half.
Cme with a strong Do NOT BUY recomdation.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

Amazing product

This has been an amazing appliance in our home...everyone should have it in our home !! Highly recommended product to every family. Kudos to the invention that philips have made..keep it up !!!

Purchased in May 2019 at FitZone Solutions for $800.00.

Sinta
SintaSydney, NSW

Good every day appliance

We bought the HD9656/93 model from Costco in April 2020. We’ve been using it almost daily. Can’t complain. Big enough for a family of four (two young kids below 10). Easy to use. Great service too. There was a small crack on the oil collector that I reported to Philips via WhatsApp, and they posted a replacement within a week. Some reviews have said get a cheaper model - I am happy to stick with a trusted brand like Philips. Esp after reading this study in Hong Kong https://www.consumer.org.hk/ws_en/news/press/532/air-fryers.html

Purchased in April 2020 at Costco NSW for $399.00.

Product is used Several times a week

you need a 2 year warranty if it is like mine

dont think that philips air fryer is any different to other Chinese made brands. it failed after a year. Philips dont have the correct parts and takes 30 day to repair. i think there service is worse than many brands.save yourself the trouble don't waist your money. you can buy 2 or 3 cheap Chinese air fryers for the price.

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys Physical store for $350.00.

Darren P.
Darren P.Hunter Region, NSW

Repeated failures

To prospective buyers be warned the electronics in the air fryer cannot handle the heat owned it for approximately 8 months and main PCB had to be replaced it was ok for 8 months and again main computer failed for a second time in just 18 months I would not recommend this unit to anyone not for the price you pay for it

Purchased in September 2019 at eBay for $360.00.

RAJ
RAJGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dont waste your money

I wasted my money for this airfryer. It started to peel off next day after buying it although we use it very carefully. They used cheap material and sold it in high price. I cant see any advantages above the one from kmart. It made of plastic which the company tries to hide on advertisement. I was looking for material before buying wasn't able to find. I thought it is from metal but it is made of plastic. I waited for ages to buy it on sale and when I applied for 50$ bonus the company make excuses to not return 50$ to me. The worst experience ever with Philips. I will never buy fro this company again. Trust me there are many brands better and healthier

Purchased in December 2020 at David Jones for $439.00.

Alex131
Alex131Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great addition to the kitchen

Picked up this machine right at the start of the covid pandemic.
It was a saviour for our house of 4 kids, as we had so many uses for this machine.
The air fryer has plenty of room, and with the additional party kit (extra cost) it can really utilise the space.

Cleaning is easy, and parts come apart with ease.
Pizza and chips are crispy, meat juicy and tender, and the party pies are perfect.

I would recommend this air fryer to anyone who needs a larger than standard air fryer.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $488.00.

Mal
Mal

It's still working well after more than 2 years

I can't speak highly enough about this product. I'm horrified how much oil comes out or supermarket chips or reheating KFC. Easy to cook a chicken and just enough room for road potatoes. The solid basket bought separately saves cleaning a lot and cooks cakes and bacon and eggs pie etc so quickly. An amazing product!

Purchased in March 2018 for $399.00.

Cherry
CherryPerth, WA

Excellent, quick and efficient cooking.

Purchased in August 2020 at Costco.

Mila
MilaSydney, NSW

Not what I expected for$$$$

Bought Second air fryer in 1 week at Devid Jons. Both folty. 1st one was with rose gold XXL $599. Cooked chicken thigh , smoke was all over my apartment, smell like chicken with plastic. Couldn't get rid of the smell from my place all day.
Did exchange to other model HD 9630 XXL
Cooked chicken again, no plastic smell but very strong smell of food and was very annoying sound from top grill bar. Going return again . Very disappointed.
By the way, chicken was seasoning just with solt and pepper.

Purchased in August 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $599.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Carly H.
Carly H.asked
Compact Digital HD9742/93

Is there a baking tray/accessory for this model? it is very unclear on their website which models the baking tray works with

Angel
Angel

Then ring Philips obviously

Philips S.Philips

Hi Carly, thank you for your question and sorry for our late reply! Yes, there are different accessories available for this Airfryer model from baking tray to grill. Here on the product page, you can find all the compatible accessories: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HD9742_93/premium/partsandaccessories.

We hope this helpe, if you need further information we'd like to refer you to our Consumer Care team. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Judigrah
Judigrahasked
Premium Digital Airfryer

I’ve had my XXL digital airfryer since January. I used it a dozen times without incident. A couple of weeks ago it tripped a switch and the tv and internet went off. I then turned off the tv when using it, but tonight it tripped the switch when it was the only appliance running. Do I return it or call an electrician?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Judigrah, and thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear about the accident. Luckily, you're ok. We would like to have a closer look. At your earliest convenience, please contact our product team. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

julielu

If it trips the circuit it has overloaded it and is dangerous!
NEVER use a faulty electrical appliance. It could lead to injury or worse!

Ace
Aceasked
XXL Digital HD9651/91

Is there anyone experiencing smoke everytime you use this product? My smoke alarm go off everytime i use it even with my fan kitchen is on.

Hi there,

Thank you for your query. That does not sound well. We advise you not to use your Airfryer untill further notice. To give you an expert answer on this issue, we kindly advise that you contact our product specialists directly through the numbers below:
0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

julielu

YES! Especially fatty meats... That are close to the top of basket (and element ). I am wondering whether the "snack master" accessory (a SS trivet /cover designed to prevent thin sliced veggie chips from flying up to element) would minimise fats up to element also especially if combined with foil over the meat. (I tried foil alone and unless entirely wrapped around -weighted by the food cooking, it also just flew up to the element. What do you think @ Philips Australia Team?

Hi there, Julielu.

Thank you for thinking along. The smoke could be produced by old fat in the AirFryer. We advise that you clean in thoroughly. Otherwise, we'd like to refer you to our product team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

See all Philips Premium Digital Airfryer questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Philips Premium Digital Airfryer

Features:

• The air fryers in the Philips Premium Digital Airfryer range use hot air to fry food, requiring either no or little added oil.
  • They have Fat Removal technology that extracts fat from food, letting you cook healthier meals without sacrificing flavour.
  • A QuickClean basket with a removable non-stick mesh insert, as well as dishwasher-safe parts makes cleaning up straightforward.
  • They have a digital display with preset cooking programs, so you can prepare a variety of foods with one touch.
  • These air fryers come with a recipe book that has over 30 easy-to-follow food ideas, making experimenting with different dishes less daunting.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the air fryer cooked foods efficiently, saying that it could cook anything from bacon and eggs to roasts and pies very quickly.
  • They also noted that cleaning up after using the air fryer was easy.
  • Reviewers appreciated how the air fryer could do things like grill and heat up food in addition to frying food, and said that these functions worked well and all cooked food beautifully.
Compare all 5 Philips Premium Digital Airfryer
TimerNoYesYesNo
Weight8.28 kg5.3 kg8.28 kg7.99 kg
Power2,225 W1,500 W2,225 W2,225 W
Cord Length0.8 m
Dimensions 315 x 321 x 433 mm280 x 266 x 365 mm315 x 321 x 433 mm315 x 321 x 433 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlackBlackBlack