3Breville Toast & Melt BSG220

87% · 131 · 7%

Dham P.
Dham P.Sydney, NSW3 posts
  BSG220

Wonderful machine, does the job quickly and efficiently

I use it to make sandwiches with a filling and grilled cheese . Feels heavy and well built as opposed to a cheapie Kmart sandwich maker. It is super quick to heat and makes nice crispy sandwich if you leave the sandwich there for sometime as the machine goes on for it's heating up on/off cycles. Non stick coating is excellent and it is easy to clean.
lebron720
lebron720Sydney Surrounds, NSW62 posts

Great 2 slice sandwich press

Very happy with this purchase. It's compact and light so I can easily pick it up and store it away in the cupboard. It is very quick to heat up and my toasties are done before I've made my coffee. The browning is even on the sandwiches, which is what I like. Quick and easy if you also want to cook your steaks on it too. Very simple to clean. Wish they made the exterior so your fingerprints didn't appear all over it but that's my only issue. Otherwise it also has the adjustable height which many of the cheaper ones don't have. So far so good. Show details
annazianna
annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC46 posts

Excellent sandwich press

This item is great and has lasted over two years already which unfortunately considering the crappy quality of manufacturing today and also serious issues I've had with other Breville products is doing very well. No complaints, it does what it is supposed to and it does it well.
Cassandra
CassandraIllawarra, NSW18 posts
  BSG220

Open Grill function doesn't work well

It makes great toasted sandwiches ,but annoyingly if you want to make more than one (and I find making 2 at a time means one of them won't be cooked properly) you have to turn the machine off and totally let it cool down or the ready light will display early and the second sandwich will not be toasted properly ! The open grill never worked well and after 2 years it is even worse . The ready light turns on well before the cheese is melted on your muffin meaning you have to turn it off and cool the machine half way through cooking and then turn it on again and try again. I have had to do this 3 times just to get the muffin I wanted for lunch done and I'm done with this Breville now !!! Show details
faerydoc
faerydocGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Great little machine

Just needed a small but good sandwich maker - this is a small one but more than big enough for me. Heats quickly and cooks evenly. Has two non-stick flat plates that are easy to clean. Very happy. Show details
Terry Zhu
Terry ZhuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified BSG220

Very compact design but does the job perfectly

Easy to use, just plug in and switch on the power and there you go.
Heat up or toast, whatever you want done in 1 min.
We love the it as it is compact and won't take up too much of the space. Show details
Tina England
Tina EnglandSydney, NSW4 posts

Kitchen Must Have

Can't go past a toasted sandwich or a melt.

This device gives you cafe standard sandwiches.

Quick and easy. Everyone loves a toasties!

Would highly recommend.

Got a great discount at The Good Guys Alexandria. Always ask for their best price they always give you a better price than the displayed price.

Rhian
RhianMarcoola4 posts
  BSG220

Ensure you get a product like this one with a floating hinge!

Previously we had a Brefille machine which produced toasties only. When it came to replacing it after years a servic , a friend advised us to pay a little extra and purchase a Toast and Melt that incorporated a floating hinge. This proved excellent advice. The hinge enables us to make toasties and open melts of different heights and types with ease. The teenager in the household and his friends can easily make different creations themselves - an instant solution to after school hunger pangs or a quick lunch. We have a number of Breville products in our home and they always give a high degree of satisfaction.

Anna
AnnaMelbourne27 posts

Good sandwich maker

I use this most mornings at breakfast time. It heats quickly, cooks evenly and overall I am impressed with it. Hopefully it lasts a long time. I am little nervous about the longevity given that I have had three other small Breville appliances that failed within a year, but if it continues to cook as well as it has then I would be happy to recommend this product.

NATHAN
NATHAN
  BSG220

I didn't know I could cook

I didn't know I could cook at all until I got this now I can cook ANYTHING i on this I made bacon and eggs ON A SANDWICH PRESS! and than made it into A SANDWICH!....WITH CHEESE!. It's the best thing to have if you live on a budget this is for you easy to clean and use

Karen louise Hinds
Karen louise HindsMidway Point Tas 717142 posts

Keep on toasting

I am so happy with my choice of Breville BSG220. It's even cooking temperature allows everyone eats at the same time. Easy to clean with storage a breeze. Simply wipe over after cooking.The chrome finish looks classy, shinning up well with a damp cloth and a towel to add shine.The on/off red/green icons reminds one to turn off the unit when finished.

taj barat
taj baratGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts
  BSG220

pity they don't make non-stick to last

I love toasted sandwiches but I'm disappointed by the non stick surface that breville and others now use. About six months of excellence before the surface began peeling onto sandwiches. Yet dad's 30 y.o. breville is like new. Once upon a time there was quality instead of carcinogens from breville. Two I've sent to the bin. Tried another brand third time. Same rubbish. No more thanks. The grill will have to do.

Tam
TamCairns, Queensland62 posts

So good!

This is a great appliance, almost life changing :) Since buying it we've had a toastie or a melt nearly every day for lunch. So quick and easy and this Breville makes them perfectly. I love the melt option, very handy for when you don't feel hungry enough for 2 slices of bread.

There's plenty of space for 2 sandwiches, we use large wholemeal bread and there's more than enough room. It cooks the tomatoes/ spring onions/ whatever's in the sandwich very well.

It's a snap to clean and I use the upright storage method as we have limited kitchen space. If you're looking for a toastie or melt maker I highly recommend this one.

The Aussie Mailman
The Aussie MailmanSydneyAustralia9 posts
  BSG220

Quick and easy to create a toastie

The 2 slice toast & melt is ideal for quick tasty toastie as it heats up fast and is so easy to clean even if cheese is over the non stick plates.

Show reply

Chantel
Chantel

Love this appliance

I have had a Breville toaster for about 4 years and this appliance is the one I use the most. I cook meat, pancakes, do toasties, bacon and eggs, almost anything can be cooked and you don't even have to use oil. Clean up is so easy. I wipe over with a damp cloth while still hot and it's ready to go for next time. I'll definitely buy this product again, next time I'll get the bigger size.