Bridgestone Ecopia EP25

Bridgestone Ecopia EP25

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Barely lasted 20 K

Good in the wet and dry. No fault with handling but I needed to replace them after 20 KM on my Yaris. Never had a tyre finish so quickly. So not really long lasting. I think I will change to Pirelli next. Hopefully last a lot more than 20 K.

CarYaris

Good Value

These tyres seem to grip really well and have been reliable on our CX5. We did have a puncture due to a screw becoming embedded but that was cost effective to replace and not a problem. Good on steep driveways and hills, even in the wet. Nice and smooth without too much noise on the highway.

CarMazda CX5

Fair tyres - would have preferred another brand.

My Hyundai Accent needed new tyres and due to the size, I was limited in the choice of brand and there was a buy 3, get 1 free offer. I had the 4 new tyres fitted just before Christmas by Bob Jane T-Mart (who did a great job and were a pleasure to deal with but I'll save that for another review). They do seem to be a bit more noisy compared to the original Khumo tyres but there isn't much I can do about that now. It remains to be seen how quickly they will wear. There has been a bit of rain around lately and they feel pretty secure on the road. My husband's Mazda has Michelin tyres and I prefer the road feel of them but they didn't fit my car.

CarHyundai Accent (2012)

Excellent Wet Weather Performance - Poor Durability & Very Expensive

Great wet weather performance and I've never had them aquaplane on me even in torrential rain at 110km/h, relatively quiet and a comfortable ride.

The down side of these tyres is they are made of a very soft compound which is easily damaged - I'll explain;

One of my tires mounted a gutter and consequently had a massive chunk taken out of it's side wall (this was not a sharp or larger gutter and the tyre only was about 6 months old with about 15,000kms on it at the time).

Toyota politely informed me at my 40,000km service that all four tyres were completely bald and in their words "Illegal" and had to be replaced ASAP.

If that wasn't shocking enough that these tyres wore out so quickly at only 40,000kms on a Toyota Yaris! A lightweight naturally aspirated vehicle well the pièce de résistance was the fact that I was quoted the industry standard price of Ecopia Ep25s at no less than $201 per tyre - That's $804 for all four tyres and add to that a $74 tyre fitment and rotation fee on my just serviced vehicle.

That's $878 for 4 tyres on a Toyota Yaris - an economy car bought because I wanted to save on running costs.

I am currently looking at alternative tyres as I'm not prepared to spend close to $900 for 4 tyres on a Yaris.