7Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

Slim fit
ISOFIX compatible
Robust and sturdy build
Comfortable for children
Adjustable head restraint and harness
Premium price

Ellen D.
Ellen D.34 posts
  Top Review

Frustrating

I bought this car seat because it is compact and highly recommended; however, I find it very difficult to use and have concerns regarding safety.

The main issue I have is with the seatbelt straps.
1. They don't have enough slack so it is difficult getting my newborn into and out of the seat comfortably (even with padding removed). And she's a small baby!

2. The straps have also become twisted and it is hard to now tighten them enough so I worry about the safety of my baby. It is not a secure fit.

I also find the seat coverings hard to take apart and reassemble for cleaning, which is problematic since my baby is a spewer. The manual and Britax website are no help in this regard. If I hadn't spent so much on this seat, I'd be looking for an alternative.

Purchased in at Baby Bunting.

• Car Model: Audi A3
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Ellen D. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience with the Safe-n-Sound Graphene. Please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can assist you further. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

JaCe888
JaCe888Sydney, NSW29 posts
  Verified Top Review

Excellent well designed car seat

Our newborn enjoys using the Britax Safe n Sound Graphene carseat. We ordered this from Baby Bunting in December 2018 and have found it to be very sturdy, well built and offering excellent protection. The car seat is designed to be both rear and forward facing with the necessary adjustments available to grow with your bub. It's not too large so depending on your car, you may still be able to fit two people alongside in the rear seat. I really appreciate the little touches like the seat belt holders which keep the two pieces in place whilst you are putting bub in/taking out, as well as everything being easily removable and washable for when (not if) those types of accidents occur. The seat is easy to use and fits into ISOFIX mounts. Price is reasonable and whilst not "cheap", it's not too expensive and feels like it will last a while.

Purchased in at Baby Bunting Online store for $447.

• Car Model: Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 W205
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi JaCe888, thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review and feedback on the Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

BrisbaneGuy23
BrisbaneGuy23South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Recline mode isn't reclined at all

When it is rear-facing there is absolutely no room and your kids knees will be in their face. When it's forward facing the mode they call "recline" isn't reclined at all making it more dangerous. For our second car we bought a cheaper maxi cosi and it turns out that one is better in basically every way
Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi, We're sorry to hear about your experience. We take child safety very seriously and we pride ourselves on providing our customers with a positive experience.

An engineer
An engineer6 posts

Bought three in 18 months, no issues

We bought three of these over the past 18 months, no issues.
Material is good quality, no visible wear or fade.
Comes with both Isofix and seatbelt retention systems, but Isofix is much more secure (and easy to use - easy enough that you could take the seat in and out regularly without fuss).
More expensive models didnt appear to add significant features, cheaper models use noticeably lower quality material.
Height adjustment is easy enough, can be done with child either in the seat or not. Show reply
Tennille C.
Tennille C.South East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Fabulous car seat

We've had this seat 2 years and used it rear facing and forward facing for my son. Great seat, easy to install and sons are comfy. I took all the fabric covers off and washed them in the washing machine ready for our second son. They washed well and all went back on easily. We have the Brava for my car and the Graphene is slightly more plush but otherwise very similar. Both are great seats, the Brava a bit cheaper. Show details
Elisha A.
Elisha A.Victoria

Sky Skyler
Sky SkylerSydney, NSW4 posts

the best car seat in the market for its price, safety and easy installation

This is the best car seat in the market for its price, safety and easy installation. This can be best for small or big cars, this doesn’t occupy much space. I would highly recommend this car seat to anyone planning to get a car seat for newborn. As being a first time mom it is very hard to choose what is right or wrong. Trust me you won’t miss on this one. I switched from maxi cosi mico plus capsules to this after many research. It was worth it. Only regret is I should have gotten earlier instead of the capsule as bub seems so comfortable on this car seat.

My small recommendation to company would be to create like a video version of installation particularly on this model. It would be a great help for first time parents. Show details ·  1

Ollie
OllieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC15 posts

Love it

Its very comfortable, very easy to use, great adjustment belts, stable sturdy isofix , memory foam was the deal breaker for me)) also the beautiful look, i got the grey one so it doesnt get too hot in summer))
Separate thanx to baby bunting Frankston for helpful advice (regarding small/big space in the car), so we picked the right fit car seat Show details ·  1
Max
MaxSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Quality and safe

Has been a good car seat since my son was about 6 months old. The few issues I have encountered are, the cover is sometimes difficult to remove and wash, the tightening mechanism sometimes gets stuck and you aren't able to fully tighten, the chest/waist straps sometimes get twisted within the seat itslelf and are difficult to untwist quickly.
All in all, it has been a quality product and I could recommend this to other parents. Show details ·  1
Charles
CharlesSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Petax
Petax5 posts

Faulty and dangerous

Upon putting my rear facing daughter into her seat I noticed the harness straps were super loose. They released on their own. Pulled strap to tighten and nothing, back to loose. The mechanism to hold the belt tight had failed. Thank goodness it didn’t fail while driving or in an accident! Super dangerous.
So I messaged britax and their solution was to return it to them and forfeit having a seat for my child.
Not really good enough. I’m so disappointed in the seat to begin with (compared to infasecure Quattro it’s just not even in the same ball park) given it failed in its most basic job, to restrain. But the customer support is lacking. Sending my seat away and being left with nothing isn’t good enough britax. Show details
Kate R
Kate RBrisbane25 posts

Dan
DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA20 posts

Good Product

Easy to clean and doesn’t take up to much space in a small SUV. (CX-5) And ( X1 )

Extra head support (Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology - SICT) was a winner for us!

Did you know!
This seat can be rearward facing up to 3 years, As Forward facing if you were in an accident baby neck would get hit with a force of 180kg plus?? Whereas if they were to be rearward facing that force would be 40kg - 60kg?

Been using for over a year with no issues!
Would highly recommend if your looking for a smaller car seat and want peace of mind on safety. Show details ·  1

Rachel X.
Rachel X.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC13 posts

Excellent quality and comfy

My daughter used to cry in her old seat and she enjoyed this one the moment we installed it. Got it from baby buntings and installed it on site. Safety features go without the saying. It is also of great quality. Easy to set straps aside and adjust. Have been using it for 3, 4 months now with zero problem. Highly recommend. Show details ·  1
Sonia
Sonia8 posts
  Fair Incentive

Easy to use and get baby safe and secure

Best car seat purchased so far. I have had other brands but are not so user friendly to adjust once you get baby in the seat. I would highly recommend this baby seat to anyone looking at purchasing one Show details ·  1

Stacey S.
Stacey S.

Hi I’ve just turned my 3yr old forward facing. He was right on the must be forward facing marker, however now he has dropped right down and is almost below the must be rear facing marker. Can I use the insert in the forward facing position, to lift him up a little?

Abi J.
Abi J.

Hello,

Does the britax graphene plus have an adjustable crotch buckle?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi, thank you for contacting us, the Graphene+ does not have an adjustable crotch buckle.
Kind Regards the Britax Team

Chris M.
Chris M.

I have a graphene in the forward facing position for my 3 year old. The back is raised so that the straps line up to his shoulders as is described in the manual. However, with the backrest raised it rattles significantly when driving. Is this meant to happen?

Product features:

• Full, secure, well-rounded protection with Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ - SICT™ and Active Head Restraint (AHR)™
  • A great, compact and slim-fitting design to work around large families and limited spaces
  • A versatile convertible baby car seat that can be used from birth until 4 years of age
  • THERMO5® Bamboo fabric to keep your child as comfortable as possible during long rides

Reviewers particularly loved:

• Slim fit - for smaller cars, this is a great alternative to other Britax convertible baby car seats. People have found that they can fit multiple in their car in the case of twins or young siblings and still sit comfortably in the front passenger seat.

• ISOFIX compatible - the installation and uninstallation process is very easy allowing for seamless transition between cars.

• Like most Britax products, the car seat is made with the strongest regulations in mind and is extremely safe to use, providing full head and body protection in the event of a crash.

• The Safe-n-Sound Graphene is very easy to clean as the covers can be detached easily.

• The product is a convertible model with the ability to transition from rearward-facing to forward-facing as your child grows. In addition, the headrest and harness are adjustable.

• Reviewers often comment that their toddlers fall asleep very easily in this seat and admire the comfort Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene provides.

CategoryConvertible Car Seats