Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

Excellent well designed car seat

Our newborn enjoys using the Britax Safe n Sound Graphene carseat. We ordered this from Baby Bunting in December 2018 and have found it to be very sturdy, well built and offering excellent protection. The car seat is designed to be both rear and forward facing with the necessary adjustments available to grow with your bub. It's not too large so depending on your car, you may still be able to fit two people alongside in the rear seat. I really appreciate the little touches like the seat belt holders which keep the two pieces in place whilst you are putting bub in/taking out, as well as everything being easily removable and washable for when (not if) those types of accidents occur. The seat is easy to use and fits into ISOFIX mounts. Price is reasonable and whilst not "cheap", it's not too expensive and feels like it will last a while.

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $447.00.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C250 W205
Hi JaCe888, thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review and feedback on the Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Great value for money

I love this seat. It was recommended for my car size and I’m glad we went with it. I’ve never had any issues with bub in the car and she seems perfectly happy to sit for an extended period if we need to drive far. I love that it’s convertible and comes with an extended warranty. I haven’t had to take it out the car to put in another so I can’t comment on how easy it would be but when the seat was installed, it looked very simple to do. For peace of mind I paid to have the seat installed by a professional.

Purchased in September 2018 at Baby Bunting for $450.00.

Car ModelLexus CT200h F Sport
Hi Momma-Sar, thanks for taking the time to leave a wonderful review on the Safe-n-Sound Graphene. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Fantastic car seat

We purchased the graphene in the Nanotex range and love it! Initially I was after the Millenia but it was going to be too taxing on space in our car. Great quality, it has all the safety features and is well padded and comfortable for bub. We purchased this to replace our capsule as bub was starting to outgrow it. Still rear facing at 9 months. The Tex range is water and stain resistant which sold me!

Purchased in July 2019 at Babywinks NSW, Tamworth for $570.00.

Car ModelMazda CX-5 KF GT
Hi Ellie S. Thanks for taking the time to leave an excellent review and valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Can not access tether from either side

This is a great seat apart from one massive inconvenience. After purchasing the graphene plus and installing it behind the drivers seat we realized you cannot access easily and loosen the tether from either side which is a massive disadvantage and if known before hand we would not have purchased this seat. We need the passenger side of the car for my eldest daughter who is dropped off and picked up in the kiss and go zone for school and having bub behind the driver is not user friendly. Even more so in a 4wd you'll nearly put your back out trying to reach in to loosen the tether. I hope this helps someone else in the same situation as we are now out of pocket and will have to buy another seat.

Hi Melissa, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and some valuable feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience with the Safe-n-Sound Graphene. If there anything we can assist you with in future, please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Love it!

Love everything about it, it feels baby is safe and supported well. although my 9 months old seems very uncomfortable with straps being so tight around her also I feel needs to be forward facing now which is too soon for my expectations. I was hoping to turn her forwards after 1 year atleast.

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $450.00.

Car ModelHolden Astra BK (Hatchback) R Auto
Hi Megha, thank you for taking the time to leave a great review and valuable feedback. Please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can give you some tips and advice regarding the straps being too tight. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Exceelent seat

I love the cushiony feel that makes the baby very comfy. The extra layer of security gives more peace of mind. Just one drawback the sear belt is too tight for the baby now and it is very uncomfortable for the baby to sit there now. Tried loosening it but cannot.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $450.00.

Car ModelHonda Accord 9th Gen V6L
Hi Mandy, thanks for taking the time to leave an excellent review and valuable feedback. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 303 330 for further assistance and advice regarding the harness. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Good Mid-Range Car Seat

We haven't had any problems with this car seat. Relatively easy to install when following the instructions.

Our little one is snug and comfortable in this seat and it's a good size for a hatch back.

The material is relatively easy to wipe clean if you're quick enough as fluids tend to bead on top.

One minor setback was having to buy an extension cable to anchor the seat in a hatchback. We had to make another journey to the shop to buy one.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Hi John B, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Good but could be perfect

I had to take out the infant insert for my 2.5month old, it became snug very quickly. Baby seems comfy in it. however, both straps need to be pulled at the same time when tightened to prevent tangling.
Front seat space still roomy with the car seat installed directly behind it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for $428.00.

Car ModelSubaru Impreza
Hi LynL, thanks for taking the time to leave a great review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Top product

It's very safe and comfortable as well. You can rely on and is an excellent product for your kids. I am using this item for a long time . Never had any issues

Purchased in May 2016.

Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU50R GX AWD
Hi tawhid, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Love it!

Our little man absolutely loves travelling in the car and has since birth The seat is easy to install, easy to adjust, a good fit in our car and super comfy. He is still happily read facing at just over 12 months. Highly recommend!

Purchased in March 2018 at Baby Bounce for $350.00.

Car ModelMazda 3 BN
Hi Jessica, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Easy install and great tex material

Comes in black in the easy wipe off material. Baby seems to like it so far, snug fit for the infant with an insert that can be removed when the baby grows. First Safe and Sound product and am not disappointed.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Kingdom Physical store.

Car ModelLexus
Hi Priyanka, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Love it

This is my second Safe n Sound product and love this one as well. Very comfy and easy to use. Was super easy to install the seat and specially the isofix works a treat. I have a maxi guard pro as well which are next to each other and makes the 3rd seat narrower. So if you have a compact SUV like my Honda CR-V, it is worth taking this into consideration. All in all, Graphene is a great product, easy to use and comes with world class safety features. Would recommend.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting for $409.00.

Car ModelHonda CR-V
Hi SavvyShopper, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Love it!

This was my 3rd baby car seat purchase for my tiny VW polo. Nothing fitted corrrectly except for this. The baby loves it as well. Very easy to put her in and out. The bamboo fabric helps keeping her cool. Money well spent.

Purchased in August 2018.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Hi Ms Vee, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Great for small/regular sized cars

We purchased this from Baby Bunting and were very happy with the size and features. I have a VW Jetta and don’t plan on getting an SUV any time soon, so it’s wonderful that I can fit several of these in the back for when I plan to have more children. It also leaves a little extra space for the front seats. It’s an easy chair to use and very comfy for babies!

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting for $449.00.

Car ModelVolkswagen Jetta
Hi DelMac, thank you for taking the time to leave your terrific review on the Safe-n-Sound Graphene car seat. Please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330 if you have any questions in the future. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Safe & comfortable

I am so glad I bought these car seats for my 3 kids. Britax are not only leaders in safety but have designed these seats to accommodate larger families and to fit into your average sized vehicle with ease. I have confidence in knowing my children are secure and safe in the car and they seem to be quite comfy. I can easily adjust the height of the straps to when my children want to switch seats and wash inserts with ease.

Purchased in September 2017.

Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe DM
Hi Brooke, Thank you for your valuable feedback and wonderful review on the Safe-n-Sound Graphene car seat. Please contact us if you have any questions in the future. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Comfy and functional

Converted to this seat when Bub was about 9 months old, he had loved his first capsule and slept well so we were nervous to change but he loves this seat too! He falls asleep easily. Was easy to install with isofix. Nay downside is it Does leave limited leg room for front seat with baby facing rearward in Mazda 3, but think most seats will. Like the amount of head support& protection

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for $445.00.

Car ModelMazda 3 BL
Hi Dani, Thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review and valuable feedback on the Safe-n-Sound Graphene car seat. If you have any questions please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Great car seat!

We bought this as a second seat in our smaller car. It's a good, safe compact option. Visually appealing, easy to use and fits well in our Nissan Micra. My son is 14 months old now and likes sitting up a bit more in this seat than in our Maxi Cosi Euro NXT. Overall, really happy and prefer it to our other seat.

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review Lilian! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Doesn’t sit right

I bought this one cause of the narrow base. What I didn’t realise is that it’s not a flat base so i have had issues trying to get it to sit back flat enough for my newborn to be safe. At the moment I have my 20 month in it and as she is old enough to walk etc it’s not an issue for her.
My new baby is due soon and I have spoken to countless people and fitters and they say it’s all installed perfectly.
However, it is way too upright for a newborn.
It doesn’t sit flush against the seat and no matter how may rolled up towel you use (as suggested by fitters), soon as you pull the anchor strap it just pulls the seat upright again.
I wish I had of stuck with the millennia like I did with my first. This new one is nothing but trouble

Hi Nicole, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. When adjusting the top tether it needs to tight however shouldn't lift the Graphene car seat off the vehicle seat. If you would like to give us a call on 1300 303 330 we would like to discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great car seat!

Baby is very comfortable- a lot of support around the head region which was my mai concern after seeing so many with minimal head support. The car seat isn’t taken out regularly but when it has been swapped in cars ect the process was pain free and easy to do!

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review Kat! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

I want to give 5 stars, but.....

I absolutely love this seat. So easy to use and my toddler finds it very comfortable and she is still rear facing with plenty of room at nearly 2 years of age. The reason I cannot give 5 stars is that I needed to buy another seat for my second baby, but found out from Britax that the tether strap cannot be moved to the opposite side of the shell due to the SICT. It's a shame as this seat is marketed as being able to fit 3 across, but when the tether is not on the closest side to the door, it makes loosening and re-tightening a bit tricky.

Hi Brooke, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review and feedback. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

We are thinking of purchasing a graphene for our daughter. My only concern is I have tall children. Will my daughter out grow it before she is 4. We have the maxi guard pro for our son so it's not an issue with him.
Hi Angela, thanks for your question. The Graphene's highest shoulder marker is positioned at approx. 435mm. This is a convertible car seat that is suitable from birth to approx. 4yrs of age. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Is the Graphene easy to clean? Or should we get the Graphene Nano Tex, as it’s fabric is meant to be easy and to clean?
Hi Bri, thanks for your question. Britax Safe-n-Sound TEX Series combines Thermo5® High Performance fabrics with Nanotex® technology. The combination of Thermo5® and Nanotex® creates an advanced fabric resistant to stains and moisture, providing comfort with hygiene and convenience. This means when little accidents happen on the go, your seat is easy to clean and will continue to keep your little one comfortable. The TEX Series incorporates liquid barrier technology, causing spills to bead up and roll off your seat without compromising on its look, feel or comfort. https://my.britax.com.au/tex-series/ Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Which car seat is smaller? The Graohene or the Millenia? The dimensions available online for the Millenia are very in depth but the Graphene's dimensions do not show a comparison in regards to forward and rear facing. I have a Hyundai i30 and am looking at the potential of having 3 car seats in the back.
Graphene is smaller than the Millenia.Hi IHYM, thanks for your question. The Graphene car seats width is approx. 44cm and the Millenia is approx. 47cm. We would recommend that you visit your local baby shop as they will allow you to fit the seats into your vehicle to ensure suitability and fitment. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

CategoryBaby Car Seats