Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

Great for small/regular sized cars

We purchased this from Baby Bunting and were very happy with the size and features. I have a VW Jetta and don’t plan on getting an SUV any time soon, so it’s wonderful that I can fit several of these in the back for when I plan to have more children. It also leaves a little extra space for the front seats. It’s an easy chair to use and very comfy for babies!

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $449.00.

Car ModelVolkswagen Jetta
Hi DelMac, thank you for taking the time to leave your terrific review on the Safe-n-Sound Graphene car seat. Please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330 if you have any questions in the future. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Safe & comfortable

I am so glad I bought these car seats for my 3 kids. Britax are not only leaders in safety but have designed these seats to accommodate larger families and to fit into your average sized vehicle with ease. I have confidence in knowing my children are secure and safe in the car and they seem to be quite comfy. I can easily adjust the height of the straps to when my children want to switch seats and wash inserts with ease.

Purchased .

Ease of Installation
Ease of Height Adjustment
Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe DM (2012-2018)
Hi Brooke, Thank you for your valuable feedback and wonderful review on the Safe-n-Sound Graphene car seat. Please contact us if you have any questions in the future. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Comfy and functional

Converted to this seat when Bub was about 9 months old, he had loved his first capsule and slept well so we were nervous to change but he loves this seat too! He falls asleep easily. Was easy to install with isofix. Nay downside is it Does leave limited leg room for front seat with baby facing rearward in Mazda 3, but think most seats will. Like the amount of head support& protection

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $445.00.

Ease of Installation
Car ModelMazda 3 BL (2009-2013)
Hi Dani, Thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review and valuable feedback on the Safe-n-Sound Graphene car seat. If you have any questions please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Great car seat!

We bought this as a second seat in our smaller car. It's a good, safe compact option. Visually appealing, easy to use and fits well in our Nissan Micra. My son is 14 months old now and likes sitting up a bit more in this seat than in our Maxi Cosi Euro NXT. Overall, really happy and prefer it to our other seat.

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review Lilian! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Doesn’t sit right

I bought this one cause of the narrow base. What I didn’t realise is that it’s not a flat base so i have had issues trying to get it to sit back flat enough for my newborn to be safe. At the moment I have my 20 month in it and as she is old enough to walk etc it’s not an issue for her.
My new baby is due soon and I have spoken to countless people and fitters and they say it’s all installed perfectly.
However, it is way too upright for a newborn.
It doesn’t sit flush against the seat and no matter how may rolled up towel you use (as suggested by fitters), soon as you pull the anchor strap it just pulls the seat upright again.
I wish I had of stuck with the millennia like I did with my first. This new one is nothing but trouble

Hi Nicole, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. When adjusting the top tether it needs to tight however shouldn't lift the Graphene car seat off the vehicle seat. If you would like to give us a call on 1300 303 330 we would like to discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great car seat!

Baby is very comfortable- a lot of support around the head region which was my mai concern after seeing so many with minimal head support. The car seat isn’t taken out regularly but when it has been swapped in cars ect the process was pain free and easy to do!

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review Kat! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

I want to give 5 stars, but.....

I absolutely love this seat. So easy to use and my toddler finds it very comfortable and she is still rear facing with plenty of room at nearly 2 years of age. The reason I cannot give 5 stars is that I needed to buy another seat for my second baby, but found out from Britax that the tether strap cannot be moved to the opposite side of the shell due to the SICT. It's a shame as this seat is marketed as being able to fit 3 across, but when the tether is not on the closest side to the door, it makes loosening and re-tightening a bit tricky.

Hi Brooke, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review and feedback. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great car seat

This is our first time buying a car seat and was recommended by a friend. The seat is secure, cushioned and comfortable for a 6 month old. Love that it can be used to children up to 4-5 years and is convertible as well. The seat fits comfortably in our mid size SUV. The fabric also feels lovely and no complaints so far!

Hi Jen50, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Perfect for small cars

Such an amazing innovative seat!
My son is 21 months and still rearward facing comfortably in the graphene.
We also own a millena, but unfortunately it didn’t fit in my husbands forester in a rearward facing position.
I was surprised to learn that both the millennia and the graphene have the same heighmarkers internally, but externally the graphene is more compact which is perfect for small cars or trying to fit multiple children in seats across the back seat.
It is extremely easy to install with the use of the isofix, although because the anchor point is in a funny position(on the roof) we needed to purchase an extension strap.
It’s packed with features like SICT to help prevent side impact, harness holders to hold the harness out of the way, silver harness straps so they don’t get too hot, bamboo charcoal wicking fabric to keep the child cool, easy adjust head rest that also adjusts the harness with it.
Great price from Baby Bunting, yet high quality and loads of features.

Hi Lita, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Larger in size but great

It definitely seems comfortable. She doesn’t sweat like her old one. With extended rear facing is great for their safe and she doesn’t complain at all. The clasp protected shifts easily though and I have accidentally pinched her with the buckle a couple of times. Easy to remove and re install in other cars. It is bulky in our prado though.

Hi Jess, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

The BMW of car seats

A great secure car seat. Baby fits well into car seat and seems to comfortable in it. Quite a large set up when rear facing and does mean the front passenger loses a lot of leg room.

From what we’ve been showing, very easy to adjust and change as baby grows - we just haven’t quite reached that stage yet!!!

Hi Kelly N, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

the right seat

The few times I have travelled without it, I miss it! The base makes life so much easier, especially when you're trying not to wake a sleeping baby while also trying to juggle a diaper bag. We have two bases (one in each car) to make life even easier! A much cheaper alternative than having two carseats! I want my little guy to stay in his infant carseat as long as possible so we can use the base longer!

Hi Leo, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! . The Graphene doesn't have a separate base available, can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

So safe and easy to use

My child loves her special car seat. We love how easy it was to fit in a standard car (not an SUV) because of the compact size but there’s still plenty of room. She is so comfy and it’s easy to adjust the straps or height as she grows. It works well with ISOFIX in one car and just as well without in the other. We didn’t need a compact one in our second car but wouldn’t get anything else. Happily still rear facing at 14mo- safe in her Britax!

Hi Katy, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

So far so good

My baby hated the car seat for the first few weeks... but he also hated anything that restricted him. He is now 6 months and sits happily for car rides. I was so scared of using a car seat as I’m terrible at untwisting seat belts and ones I have used previously with family members babies have been frustrating, this one has been super easy to buckle up every time. The head rest is easy to adjust, it did take me a few frustrating minutes to work out how to put it back down when I accidentally lifted it too high and didn’t have my partner to help, but I managed without reading a manual so that says a lot for me. Overall happy with our purchase.

Hi godanni, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Love it!

Fits in my tiny car. Easy to get baby in and out. Bamboo fabric keeps baby cool from sweating. Easy to install your self with ISO fix, it took less than 5 minutes and I’m not a handy person! They hardly go on sale but worth every dollar! Will buy again for next baby.

Hi Ver, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Safe and easy to use!!

Fantastic car seat! Super comfy for my baby, easy to install due to the ISOFIX, it has made travelling easy so far and we plan on taking it with us to America. Very happy with the safety and how compact it fits in the back of our car. Extended rear facing to help with the safety of our baby is also something we wanted when investing in a car seat and made the britax graphene the perfect seat.

Hi Abby N, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Perfect to get 3 across in an SUV

This is a great child seat along with all the excellent features it's pretty straight forward to install and is narrow enough to allow 3 seats across in a compact SUV.
We have a cx 5 and with the arrival of our 3rd child we had to either buy a new car or new car seats so we did the latter and also bought a britax maxi guard pro and were able to keep one of our existing seats the safe and sound meridian

Hi a79, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Great car seat

My baby loves going for drives in this and is almost guaranteed to fall asleep in it. Easy to use, install and take out to put into another car if need by with the isofix clips. I was doing it myself and I’m a small woman. The fabric feels nice and breathable and is easy to take off and re-install on the seat for convenient washing

Hi Haiisbdbf, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Nice seat. Super easy to install.

Chose this seat after his capsule became too small.
I like it. He is still too short to be forward facing so I am just reviewing the seat in it's rear facing mode. The installation was a doddle and literally done in under 2 mins. I was so surprised I went back to check that I hadn't missed something. No, it was just very easy (2015 Qashqai).
It seems very comfortable and protective for him.
Quibbles would be that it was hard to attach his toy so that he could play. I had to use the restraining strap and a bit of tape to stop it sliding. That same strap is quite high in my car and it is a little bit of a mission to lift him over it to get him in.

Hi Roetoc, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Love it

We love this car seat. Our bubs grew out of the capsule really early so we had to get a rear facing one until he was 6 months. Would highly recommend this product for anyone looking. We’ve had another in the past and felt it didn’t fit too well in the car.