Brother NS-30

Brother NS-30

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rae

Sewing Experience Level Advanced

Jodie

Jodie

Really solid little performer

I have used this over quite a number of projects, most recently reupholstering all the seats and trim and curtains in a caravan .
I was really happy with machines capabilities.
I love that i dont need glasses to thread machine. The automaric threader is perfect everytime.
The bobbin filling feature is in need of some reworking I have found I have had to cut away the thread of a newly filled bobbin and start again as the tension is far to loose and it jams machine .Its easy to get the threading and filling of hobbin wrong . This causes problems whilst sewing if not right. Otherwise it is a quality machine with lots of stitch options

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Bec

BecMelbourne

So many issues

I loved this machine, for about a year. Then the issues started. The light kept dying, 4-5 times over the 4 years I owned it. It also had issues with jamming when in freestyle quilting mode with the $$ brother quilting foot. it also had jitters with the specialties stitches. They would be working fine for 40cm of motive then, bam it would start having issues with thread tension.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

EduardoSydney

Best non-industrial machine

Charlie

CharlieAU

Can't go anywhere without …

My NS30 Brother Machine - needed a new machine didn't have a lot of cash and bought this one! Fantastic machine! This little guy has been all over the world with me! Tough little guy from being jammed in overhead baggage of planes to road trips in the car! Has NEVER let me down! And i love the fact you can do lazy sewing - no pedal even needed! Just start and stop buttons so easy a monkey could use it! Couldn't recommend it enough and i am a qualified seamstress! Most people only put bad feedback so I'm giving a positive shout-out! <3

Spook

Spookcurrumbin

lemon

Had a Janome for years and years, but had to replace recently. Purchased through Spotlight a Brother NS30 and have used very little, looked after it, and it suddenly seized during a 3 minute sewing session. The gears have gone JUST out of warranty...still waiting on repair options...Never buy brother again

Really Great machine

pigeon

pigeonAU

Best machine out of my 6 sewing machine

Great little buddy

I have had my NS 30 for 5 years sewn,and have sewn sewn and sewn and never ever had a problem. Great basic machine with a good selection of decorative stitches. Cant understand how others has so much trouble. I would recommend to any amateur sewer. Good value for money
variety of stitches at cheap price
small throat

GidgePerth

Never again!

Bought 2 years ago and hardly used. Wheel jammed, took for service/repair and was told it wasn't worth repairing as the gears had gone. Only used it for simple repairs but I'll never buy Brother again! In fact I'm going to take it up with Brother as a machine that's had little use should have lasted a lot longer.
Ease of use
Not worth repairing

Rhonda75

Rhonda75Warrnambool

Fantastic

This is my 4th brother machine and its a fantastic machine both for functionality and price . I have had 2 of there high end machines and find this machine on par ans far as it being Easy to use quiet and as always has all the brother little touches making it a pleasure to use .Love the easy buttonhole .
Quiet and has some nice extra stitches .
Not a thing .

Meri

Meri

GREAT (so far)

I bought NS 30 today from my local Spotlight shop in Newcastle, NSW. Literally, started sewing from the box. Couldn't wait to use all the decorative stitches and auto threader :) so cool. I have made 2 garments in one day and so far, the machine is being great. On/Off button is great, needle up/down button so helpful and the fact that you don't need a pedal foot-makes me so exciting.
I like it...so far so good. Read the manual as well....a lot of helpful tips and how-to instructions. Love all the stitches and included foots.
Easiness and very simple to use
One of the included foots missing....

ChelleidTasmania

NEVER AGAIN!

I have bought 10 + of these machines for my classroom. What a terrible mistake. Not worth $50 let alone $500! Nothing but trouble. No quality at all. NO support whatsoever from Brother. Bobbin cases not worth a cracker. Constantly needing attention. Constantly jamming, knotting, tangling etc. Needle threader useless. Quite a few fancy stitches to be used if the machine was capable. Have spent so much on service and repair I wish I had simply gone back to Janome or Bernina. Will NEVER touch Brother again!
Dial to switch between stitches.
See above - heaps.

christa bute
christa bute
Chelleid

I have definitely not bought a lemon unless I have 12 of them. We bought 12 of these machines and they are all the same. If you purchase this model I hope you do better with it. I would not touch another one personally.

Evie
Evie

fliss

fliss

Very Disappointing

kate_b25
kate_b25

Hi there, I have been testing out an NS 50 and am very impressed but am wondering if I'd be better to spend that little bit extra in getting a NV-400? Given your experience with machines etc I would appreciate your opinion.

vikki40
vikki40
Jaybelle

JaybelleTasmania, 7253

In love..

I recived this machine as a birthday present and have learnt to sew using it. I cannot live without it now, I love sewing and creating things for my daughters. Since owning this machine I have sewing toys, clothing and done repairs all my self.
Everything From the Price, look and ease of use if you are a bigginer I would recomend this machine.
None at all, its a great sewing machine you will not be dissapointed.

The Brother NS-30 is a fantastic machine, great for me as i mainly hem items and use for craft work and baby dresses. Bought the machine for around $400 as i waited for spotlight to have their sale on it.
fantastic machine
loads of stitches
quiet
you don't need to use the foot pedal attatchment
most exciting of all.. it threads itself
i am yet to find anything bad

MarieH

MarieHasked

does the NS30 need oiling

John B.

John B.asked

how do you thread needle

david

davidasked

Hi my machine NS30 is on full time reverse. Does anyone know what I need to do?Thank you!

Eduardo

I can only think of 2 scenarios here. (1) You might have enabled the "automatic reverse/reinforcement stitch" button and (2) You may have a sticky (reverse) button which you need to tap a bit to loosen contact - or better off open and clean the rubber contact between the button and PCB. However, you should only do this kind of cleaning if you are technical enough, know what you're doing, and the machine out of warranty. Otherwise, the best thing to do is to bring it to the nearest sewing machine repair shop. I know HobbySew supports this kind of machine - and they are official Brother Service Repair Centre - in case your machine is under warranty.

Get an answer from our members and Brother representatives