California Custom Purple Metal Polish

California Custom Purple Metal Polish

Nicko61South East Queensland, QLD

How do I protect aluminium from bird droppings after PurplePolish?

Am building a replica Airstream Basecamp with factory 1.5mm aluminium sheets (2400x1200 X10).
PurplePolish has brought it up to almost mirror finish. Want to maintain the shine without clear coat paint.
Bird poo on roof gets washed down in the dew to leave white spray pattern which will not PurplePolish out. Auto shops advise against wax. Tiny bottle of Ceramic @$230 is a gamble....... is that the only thing I can try?
I’ll need at least 2 bottles and no way of knowing if it will work.

Purchased in April 2018 at Autobarn.

StevePerth

Just an amazing product

I have used California Custom Purple on the aluminium bull bar with great results with very little effort it has produced a mirror finish. It almost looks like it is chrome plated and the shine lasts forever. I had some serious scratches in the acrylic windows on the caravan and the polish was very effective in restoring the finish to like new.

Healing plants

Healing plantsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing product!! Works like magic!!

Love purple metal polish!! I've been using this stuff for years now as a motorcycle detailer I have been through a few different brands, but this is the one that has won me over!! Excellent product & so easy to use also you don't need much of it to do it's job so well!!

Car Care Products

Find out how California Custom Purple Metal Polish compares to other Car Care Products

Rara79

Rara79Newcastle

Awesome product

Brian

BrianBrisbane

The best metal polish I've ever used

Its true when they say this product is in a class of its own. The results are unbelievably great. Will turn almost anything into a mirror! Not too steep for the pockets either.

KerriF

KerriFasked

Is this product better than autosol?
I currently use autosol for polishing engine casings, fork legs & rims etc on older motorcycles.

UPDATED: for alloy engine casings and fork legs carrying a lot of colour (corrosion), Autosol wins hands down. The purple polish might be good on straight aluminium, but it hasn’t won me over yet for restoring old motorcycles.

Steve

Sorry I’m not familiar with autosol so I can’t compare the two products. What I can say is that Purple Metal Polish is a very good product for polishing and protecting metal, particularly aluminium, also extremely good at removing fine scratches in acrylic sheets.

Nicko61

I found auto sol excellent for restoring a brass samovar. But to polish an aluminium caravan of 8’x40’ using electric polisher California polish much more appropriate....excellent results for a totally different job.

Warren B.
Warren B.

I am polishing a vintage aluminium caravan and using Autosol for the first pass and finishing off with Purple polish. I am fining the Austosol could have a more abrasive base as it removes the heavy oxidation of of the aluminium slightly better than Purple polish. Overall I would think there not a lot of difference between them for overall finish.

mal91

mal91asked

Do people use Purple Polish on Aluminium Boats (outside and in), how long does it last using a boat say 20 times a year in salt water and does it do any harm to the alloy?????

John G.

John G.asked

Can you use Purple near the paint on a car