4.4

Welms

WelmsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good but has higher standby power than expected

The features and functionality are as expected. The app works great with the ability to update the firmware.

However, the actual current drains (I bought two of these) when measured are consistently 9.2mA -- which are higher than advertised (<2.5mA), and much higher than an alternative out there (<1mA).

For this type of device, the power drain is as important as its functionality.

Purchased in August 2020 at Oricom for A$99.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. If you would like to discuss with a team member, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Excellent, easy to install and use

Fitted to my intermittently used motorcycle. When the bike is parked, I can easily monitor the battery helping me to ensure it is charged in time before voltage deteriorate too far. Great for maintenance of a battery not regularly used/charged. Also, measuring charging voltage helps in fault-finding when a battery is failing.

Purchased in July 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Anders, thanks for the review and taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate the support and glad to hear of your use and positive experience with the product. All the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Emrys Jones

Emrys JonesPerth, WA

Rubbish

I installed my battery monitor on my landrover discovery the blutooth conection was unstable i had to reinstall the ap each time i tried to get a reading. But it did what it said when it worked. 3 days later i went to get in my car to go for a drive battery totaly dead it was fine and starting prior to that. the battery is about 6 months old. I removed the battery monitor put the battery on charge and it is fine again. The monitor is likely at the tip now.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$59.95.

Car Care Products

Find out how Oricom BSM888 compares to other Car Care Products

Mitchell Barnard

Mitchell BarnardCentral West, NSW

Oricom BSM888

It’s a great fun and easy to use product can’t complain at all about it tells me exactly what I want to know about my 12v system and what’s happing with both batteries

Purchased in May 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Mitchell, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Garry Burton

Garry Burton

Excellent, allows me to monitor my charge where I couldn't before

My vehicle doesn't show me any voltage state. I now can do so with also day mapping. Brilliant!! allows me now to monitor an mange my battery condition.

recommended, cheers Gaz

Purchased in June 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Garry, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. We appreciate the support. All the best, Oricom.

Oricom BSM888

The BSM888 was easy to install it and the app. Everything is easy and now there's no guesswork about the state of charge of my batteries, one less thing to worry about when I go away.

Purchased in February 2020 at pre-order for A$50.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Mark, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback, and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Easy to install and use.

Easy to install to 2nd battery in boot area that runs fridge and I use for charging phones etc when camping. Only drawback is that it doesn't collect data unless the phone app is running in the foreground. I have to have the app open to collect data and then review. But ideal for checking what charge the battery has.

Purchased in June 2020 at Oricom for A$59.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Wayne, thanks so much for the review and feedback on the BSM888 Battery Monitor. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Tom F

Tom FPerth, WA

Awesome little gadget!!

Great gadget - easy to install and app is super easy to setup. Only problem is I want another one!!! Set it up on my dual battery and want one for my starter battery!! App works with iWatch too, so get updated whilst driving and in camp site! And I got $5 off too!!!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$54.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Tom, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support and wishing you all the best with your future use mate! Oricom.

Ian

Ian

Great Product

Does exactly as described very easy to use and set up. The smart phone app is great and gives a lot of information on the condition of the battery and how the power is used.

Purchased in June 2020 at Oricom for A$59.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Ian, thanks for the message. We appreciate the support and wishing you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Car Care Products

Find out how Oricom BSM888 compares to other Car Care Products

Daniel Gray

Daniel GrayIllawarra, NSW

Good - but app could be better.

I wish there was a background service that collected data. It doesn't seem to connect data unless the app is in the foreground. Means that you always have to have the app open, collect data and then review. Main screen sometimes shows data that is different than when you click into the individual batteries. I have 3 of these, worth the buy, hoping the app gets better.

Purchased in May 2020 at Oricom Website for A$60.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Daniel, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and have taken it on board. Many thanks, Oricom.

Kevink

Kevink

Ultimate battery monitor

This does exactly as described. It's greatest feature is it's wireless connection to the app which monitor the battery status which means no wire routing.Easy connection directly to battery. Fully recommend this product.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Does exactly what it says

The unit came in a nice little case. The Install was very quick and simple. The connection time between phone and Bluetooth is excellent And the app displays the info clearly

Purchased in May 2020 at Oricom Website for A$58.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Tarant, thanks for the review, much appreciated. Oricom.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

I am pleased with its performance

While pleased with its performance I do find it sluggish in connecting to my phone but it might be my phone rather than device. But never the less a handy gadget.

Purchased in May 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Stephen, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and feedback on the Battery monitor, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom