Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:BSM888X

83% · 787 · 7%

justyn k.
justyn k.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Acurate monitoring

Does the job really well. My brother was the one who discovered this and recommended this specific brand to me. He said it does not cost much but performs really great. He was right after all. Show details ·  1
Lawrie
LawrieCanberra 2600, ACT

Had an intermittent failure on one of the two I purchased

Contacted Oricom, had a replacement in 2 days. Found these very useful caravanning and camping. Can monitor car or van battery and determine when to connect solar panels to either car or van. Show reply
Scottric
Scottric2 posts

Fit for purpose

Happy with product and performance, would be better if you could drill down further into 15min lots to review impact of loads Show details ·  1
Dane B.
Dane B.Central Queensland, QLD2 posts

Does the Job

The App is very accurate with its monitoring. It's the only system I could find that does 4 batteries on the one app. Show details ·  1
Robert.B.
Robert.B.Victoria

Works as expected

I have a Samsung phone and found it difficult to make the app work.
My I pad on the other hand loaded the app and it worked straight away.
Great information from the device very happy. I can check the battery condition from inside my house. 2 devices for $95.00 Show details ·  1
Straddy
StraddyBrisbane4 posts

Great Battery Monitor

Very easy to fit and a practical addition to my 4wd.
I thought one of my two batteries was failing and this proved it correct. Show details ·  1
Michael S.
Michael S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Battery Monitor

excellent product, works very well giving you all the information that you need to keep your battery in top shape. Show details ·  1
william
williamSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Great little unit

Easy to install and a perfect alternative to an unaffordable battery monitoring setup, quick and easy to open the app to view percentage Show reply
Will Granfield
Will Granfield

Testing time for a couple batteries

I purshase 2 monitors . 1 for the tow vehicle and the other for the campertrailer . A present number one has been installed , and seems to be doing what it was intended for. The second will be install shorty, fingers crossed it will be okay. Show details ·  1
Lorenzo Fioriti
Lorenzo Fioriti

Good tool

Very accurate readings and resisted under lots of water. Rate it 100% Show reply
Jarrad O'dea
Jarrad O'dea

Stuggles to connet to the App

Using 1 for each battery 2 connected to the App but doesnt consistently connect it will only connect 1 or the other or none have to open and close app Show details
Oricom   DM

Sorry to hear you are having issues connecting to the App. Please contact our support team and they will be able to troubleshoot with you over the phone. (02) 4574 8888 weekdays 8am - 6pm.

Ross
RossSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Bluetooth range poor with under bonnet install, drains battery after a couple of weeks if vehicle not driven or charged

Bought 3 battery monitors for 3 large separate N70 batteries in my 4WD.
All batteries are independently isolated when ignition is off.
After 4WD was parked for 2weeks all batteries were Flat Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we are sorry to hear of your experience, and would love to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. Oricom.

Chris Bowyer
Chris Bowyer

Started off great - stopped working after 2 weeks

The device was very Easy to install. The App was functional and reasonably accurate in real time. Device stopped working after two weeks though. Luckily I bought a two pack. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we would like to discuss and rectify this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Tony V
Tony V2 posts

Very useful, ultimate battery management

I use these to monitor both the main battery and auxiliary on my Toyota. It helps to maintain confidence that i can always start the car an run the fridge freezer without running out of electricity. I’ve been experimenting running a wind vane to charge overnight when necessary and the monitors have been a great help! Show details ·  1
Raf
Raf5 posts

Device is ok but the App is a let down

The device is well designed and BT connectivity is better than other battery monitors I have used.
The App however leaves much to be desired, it lacks the following,
- Ability to set battery type (SLI, AGM...etc)
- Battery selection (car battery, AUX battery etc)
My car has an AGM battery which sits at 13.01v when fully charged. The app marks it as "charging" since the voltage is over 13v. I never get the % charge level. Having different battery types with voltage profiles would resolve this issue.
I contacted support and was advised the Oricom BSM888X "wasn't designed for AGM batteries" even tough the website states "Compatible with all 12/24 volt batteries".
I hope the app is improved soon. Show details

Mike s.
Mike s.

Hi, Can a Battery Sense Monitor - BSM888 be used on a Li battery in a caravan that is charged via a solar panel or a 240-12V battery charger, without being damaged or damaging the caravan electrics?

Oricom   DM

Hi Mike, we would want to discuss this one with you. Please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to help. Oricom.

Gazza Huck
Gazza Huck

Why doesn't the temperature function work. I have two and both have the same problem.

Oricom   DM

Hi Gazza, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Phillip L
Phillip L

My car battery failed and I have just had my car battery replaced by the NRMA and now the battery monitor is not working. Any thoughts?

Oricom   DM

Hi Phillip, would love to assist you with this. Please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to help. Oricom.

CategoryCar Care Products