MPN: KAC5DMARK4

See the Best DSLR Cameras in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

I Love this Camera

Call me old fashioned liking a DSLR when everyone is going mirror-less but, I have my reasons for that mainly to do with the viewfinder. I have owned every 5D and I have to say that the Mk4 has the features that the Mk3 should have had such as built in GPS, NFC and WiFi. Having said that the camera feels and performs well in this competitive world and whilst it is large and heavy compared to a mirror-less body, at least it feels like value for money.

The other issue as cameras get smaller is that they don't fit my hand and I find that I'm holding them with two fingers but, not the Mk4, it fits my hand very well. Also with a DSLR there is space for quick access buttons and they haven't disappeared into a menu like on some cameras.

I could write on about the features on the camera but, this review would get pages long so I'll tell you about the only thing I dislike, the dual card slot. With the Mk3 the camera stuck with your choice to be the main card to save to and when you removed the card it would switch to the other card until you put the card back and it would switch back to the main card again. Not with the Mk4, if you remove the CF card it switches to the SD card but, when you put the CF back it stays on the SD and I find this absolutely irritating because you only notice when your continuous frame rate falls because you've switched to the SD card.

This is a great camera that only has one silly issue and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a top quality DSLR.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Since I wrote this I've noticed that the continuous shooting rate drops significantly as soon as the battery hits 50% charge remaining. Putting in a full battery fixes the issue.

Brilliant Full Frame

Having upgraded from an EOS 6D, I have found the larger file size 30.4 megapixel and low noise capabilities with an ISO range of 100-32,000 plus 7 frames per sec on this camera are excellent. As an avid amateur Macro, Wild Life and Landscape photographer the auto focus utilising 61 AF points. The new touch screen is excellent for Live View allowing touch selection of focus points plus touch control of all "Q" button controls and easy touch selection when in full Menu mode.

Date PurchasedAug 2017