Car Next Door Car Owner

3.6

Great concept, shocking execution

Tejas B.

Tejas B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You lose money through depreciation, you lose it faster through CND

Denis

DenisSydney, NSW

It just works well for me

My little Suzuki is named SUZI she is not our main car in fact she followed us around Australia last year behind our motor home where we covered 30,000 kls she is fitted to be towed on a fixed A frame that is the two brackets to the front an din all that time she never missed a beat we would un hitch her when we got to our location and take her for the next adventure be it on the beach fishing or exploring the Bungle Bungles or visit a remote part of this great country so if you take Suzi you can be sure you are going to get where you want to go we often folded down the rear seats and loaded her with camping gear

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never ever use car next door - from an owner.

We put our car on the system as an owner about 2 months ago. the first weekend it got rented, we had a man named "harmony" borrow our car for 14hrs, then cancel within 15min after driving for 5km and then comeback within 24hrs to steal it (burglar). Luckily our immobiliser stopped the theif. We raised the concern through car next door twice, they did nothing. There call centres never call you back and they didn't show up to remove the service when we booked. Absolute joke this company.

James C.

James C.South East Queensland, QLD

Early on they'll look after you but then discard you

I joined CND several years ago and my car has been booked on well over 100 journey. Early on the company was quick to provide support however recently they have taken longer and longer to answer simple question. There is too much protection provided to the renter and no recourse for the car owners to protect their assets. I had a renter leave the lights on and drain a brand new battery 1 week after a new one was installed and I had to pay the call out fee and battery replacement fee. Don't ask to leave though as they'll try to get your to waste more time and then leave your car and your requests untouched for months. They've lost their way.

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Great idea

I really love sharing my car on “car next door” I love the fact it is allowing people who normally wouldn’t have a car to get about, and love the idea it’s actually helping to remove cars from the road.

Highly recommended

Liliana V.

Liliana V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Signing up is fine, leaving is an absolute nightmare.

SimonCSydney, NSW

Unfixed car damage & bad UX costing me thousands

• +1
    Melinda

MelindaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So happy I joined!

I only joined at 1pm & had my first booking at 3.30pm! Wish I started earlier. Great user friendly app for both parties. Support team are great. Definitely recommend owners to join & borrowers to great a great cheap hire.

Palmed Off??

I got there and took my pre trip photo's. Ready to roll, but had to generate new lock box code for previous client, which took up 10 mins of my booking time. The trolley that was provided was not strapped down, by, I"m assuming the last guy, so you guessed it, I strapped it down, which took up more of my time. Anyway, got back, strapped the trolley down again, and found another strap jammed in lift gate, by the way I WAS BLAMED FOR EVERYTHING?? Nothing against car next door, but thanks that guy with the white Toyota Hilux 2.7 WT-1 Work mate with lift gate..

TheReciprocist

TheReciprocist

Banned as a Canberra car owner for no apparent reason

Signed up to drive when they were looking for drivers in Canberra. My car is in excellent condition and well-maintained, and my driving history is spotless. I found the sign up process extremely unclear, and staff were constantly pressuring me to sign up for the keybox plan rather than the key handover plan. I also expressed disappointment that there were no signup incentives for new car lessors. I waited weeks, to be abruptly told my application had been rejected and I would not be provided an explanation. Ive also since found out that Ive been completely banned from even renting for seemingly no other reason than I complained. Horrible service and would not recommend.

Its a great Green solution specially in densed populated areas of the city!

I have been part of Car Next door for more than 5 months now, and I believe this is a great solution to having too many cars on the road these days when there's too much pollution in our cities which is a big hazard to our health overall, It saves money to the regular household by using the car only when is needed, saves petrol, car spaces, money and space. As long as we all follow the guidelines on security, safety, health measures etc. then it is a very convenient and cheap solution for all. I highly recommend it.

Robert S.

Robert S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refused To Payout After CND Wrote Off My Car

Jennifer J.

Jennifer J.South East Queensland, QLD

fraudulent !! i have not been provided evidence of damage they keep taking money from my bank without my approval

MichaelCar Next Door

Car damaged and refused to repair

DO NOT put your car on Car Next Door.

A borrower scratch nearly every panel of my car and I have the photos to prove it.

Shame CND

They are claiming it was normal wear and tear.

steven
    steven

One trip and nearly every panel was scratched. This is not normal!!!

LucaSydney, NSW

Honestly the worst

Started off great! Then I was hit up for money during a national crisis when I’m
    Unable to leave the house! I’ve returned all times but the gps and they take 220 for this , it’s actually pathetic

Luca

Unfairly charged professional cleaning fee

Nik

NikSydney, NSW

A smart scam built on a great idea

Suze

SuzeVictoria

Bad experience for car owner

chloeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer Service is getting worse!