Car Next Door Car Owner

Car Next Door Car Owner

Unfairly charged professional cleaning fee

Nik

NikSydney, NSW

A smart scam built on a great idea

Suze

SuzeVictoria

Bad experience for car owner

chloeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer Service is getting worse!

Jon OGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible experience. More stress than it's worth

Car Next door is ideal

Being a pensioner CND is an ideal way to achieve that extra income from an asset that is only used when necessary. CND are very helpful and pay on time

Rafael

RafaelSydney, NSW

This is perfect, tks

The best way to make some extra money , brilliant idea, always looking after the owners and hope the borrowers enjoy riding my car . Thanks car next door for the opportunity.

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

CND work above and beyond to ensure all parties are taken care of

CND have never let me down once. They work tirelessly to ensure everything runs smoothly. Always checking that I am happy with outcomes and with my owner experience. If a driver lets me down by incurring a speeding fine, minor scrape or returns the car without fuel they attend to the issue immediately. Even providing financial compensation for the inconvenience.

Rowan -.

Rowan -.South East Queensland, QLD

Great use of a car that has spare time sitting on the street

What a great way for our local community to use a under utilised vehicle. Thankfully the community of users is a great bunch of like minded people who get it and respect the platform and other peoples property.

Jesse P.

Jesse P.

Car Next Door look after the Owner's of the Car's and make then fill good to be able to put there car's on for Rent. I like car next door.

AshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Listing car rejected with no reason, to why.

I signed up to get my car listed. I read all the conditions and complied with them before applying. Only to have application rejected and they emailed me with a lame excuse that they don't give a reason why. Totally unprofessional, and they should review their process to ensure transparency, yet I get phone calls from the company asking me that they want to list my car, hmmm

Ash

I would have appreciated an actual answer to why, rather than some long winded generated reply which actually tells you nothing.

Horrible Customer Service

I enlisted my car to be rented through Car Next Door. Having missed their call for installation, I returned their call the following day. Wait times are ridiculous, waited 22 mins after being told the wait time was 2 mins. Their Online Chat platform is useless, they are unable to answer questions and they just redirected me to requested a call back from the call center. They never called. I completely agree with other reviews on here and my biggest concern would be their ability as a company to followup and resolve any disputes. They obviously don't have enough staff to deal. Have decided not to use Car Next Door to rent my car. Thanks to other for reviews as I feel they have helped me avoid a big mistake.

Eugene H.

Eugene H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Posted 2 negative reviews for borrowers but CarNextDoor refused to publish them!

I am a car owner who is currently listing on Car Next Door. After 2 separate bookings, I gave negative reviews as one of the borrower returned my car filled with pet hairs whilst the other borrower returned the car very dirty externally with the car covered in dust. Despite my reviews being factual and courteous, CND decided not to publish my reviews. How are you suppose to keep your platform working with integrity and honesty if honest reviews from car owners are not published to warn other car owners???

Matthew

MatthewHunter Region, NSW

Great service. Great for the environment

Car Next Door is great! It is cost-effective, easy to use and convenient. Reducing my footprint is important for future generations... Car Next Door is a small way I can do that each week. Cheers, great service!

Review collected in partnership with Car Next Door

Car next door; & sharing economy; 'all good'

From my experience this share platform works fine, as per the CarNextDoor web-site; meaning that if your car is 'under-utilized' ( it sits at home at times), then other people who have been screened by Carnextdoor can book & drive your car, and it's all done online.
    Yes it works; my car in Melbourne has had ~120+ trips over 4 years, so this helps pay for 'standing costs' of the car. It gives access to a car to people who do not own one, and so supporting people to do what they want to do...
    You do get used to 'booking' your own car for when you need it, that's a minor inconvenience.
    I have found the CND team helpful & supportive, on the few times I've needed them.
    Overall, well done to the Car next door team!

Find out how Car Next Door Car Owner compares to other Services

Give a timeframe for bookings

Really annoying when people on zero notice. I understand it is for convenience. But people should book ahead of time and if they choose not to then the owners should get paid more. It’s not enough to have to rush etc. My car doesn’t get rented often enough for it to be ready all the time

Louise R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Charged $2000 for accident that wasn't my fault without communicating.

Took $2000 without any communication because they haven't received payment from insurance company even though they admitted fault.
    So thankyou for ruining Christmas with all your extra charges you refuse to explain and $2000 for a accident that wasn't my fault .
    I am also in as lot of pain from it but they had no concern, in fact they wanted me to drive it back damaged. When racv came they neglected to tell them there was mechanical issues or where to drop it off. Dont give them your credit card details!!
    Will never use again.

Bernard A.

Bernard A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not happy with the manner my application was handled.

I applied to list my car, I was initially approved and was asked to send some information, as I was busily organising for those requirements I was sent an email that my application has been declined and they're not obliged to let me know the reason.
    I replied I'm just interested in listing my car but not to borrow one from them, I didn't hear from them again.
    Moreover they need to review their questions on the the application form because owners and borrowers have different objectives, e.g. someone might loss their license reason they want to list their car, a question with regards to the licensing should rather be emphasised on the borrower not the owner because he already knows he can't drive hence listing the car in the place.

Glen D.Sydney, NSW

Awful. Be warned. Stay away.

They do not answer the phone. It takes them over 72 hours to return any kind of contact. And they ignore ur time window getting back to u when they feel like it. What if there was damage?! Their operators are friendly and patient I guess I can give them that. But they are charging me for the second time, I have made no money, have nowhere to attach their equipment because we have a wooden fence here and they have screwed up my autoelectrics and central locking through their installation of a tracker.

Tom N.

Tom N.Sydney, NSW

Full of ideas and vision; awesome people, within the start-up and among the community of Car Owners and Borrowers