MPN: CTCHNSAW52A

Just can't start it

I juts continue to have troubles starting it, don't know if its me or the chainsaw. I've spent hours trying to get it to go, only to be let down. It's done a bit of work, maybe 10 hours worth. Cheap - but won't buy another.

Purchased in February 2018 at Kogan.com for $100.00.

Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that your item appears to be not working. Our warehouse staff and delivery partners work hard to ship all our customer orders carefully and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. For best assistance, pease contact our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/helpThanks, It's nothing against Kogan, your support is very good. Think I just got a dud. I noticed you don't stock this model, so maybe you are already aware. It's more than a year old so I think out of warranty. Kind regards Paul

Reasonable power...poor oil feed to chain

Chainsaw has reasonable power output...doesn't like being started on solid base...vibration is a little off putting....saw starts easily after using choke on first pull...oil feed has not worked from get go...have tried vacuum and air compressor on oil feed hole...have tried cleaning oil filter..have tried no filter...have tried adjusting oil pump rate under saw...no oil to chain ..oil leaks from saw at a great rate if you leave oil in oil tank...I oil chain manually from oil can...

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Assemble difficult

I can't get this thing assembled and the guidebook is useless. If you're not very mechanically reminded don't buy a chain saw online unless you know a mechanic who can assemble it for you. I'm going to throw mine away unused unless I can talk to someone.. The guidebook is semi-literate and written probably for tradies with very little help and explanations apart from short bare uninformative instructions.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Actually I fixed this up. I had the chain brake on...Duh! Once I did that everything was cool so I take back my previous comments.

You can't complain for the price!

I got this on sale through Dick Smith for $89. I wasn't blown over by the actual unit but was amazed at how good the bar (and of course Oregon chain) was. It lasted approx. 25 hours use (yes I counted each session). The saw has plenty of grunt for 52cc. I thought it would struggle with a 20" bar on it (my choice would be an 18" bar), but it cut a lot of red gum and stringy bark for me. The only issue I had was that it wouldn't use up a whole tank load of fuel before it died, it would use up half to three quarters of the fuel. And it didn't like to start again when it was hot, I'd let it cool down after topping it up with fuel before starting it again. However, it was asked to do a lot of work in a short amount of time as my Husqvarnas were being repaired or waiting to be repaired.
Eventually the saw just wouldn't start and I binned it (but kept the half worn chain). It could have been a clogged carburetor as, like with all these Chinese saws, the air filter was as good as useless. But I couldn't be bothered pulling it apart to see as it's a fiddly delicate job that may bring no joy as a result. I see on Youtube that a wood cutter made a seal to fit over the air filter which he said stopped sawdust getting into the carburetor.
Anyway, based on the amount of work it did for me and how good the bar and chain were I'd be prepared to buy the 88cc Certa version of this saw for sale through Kogan/Dick Smith and keep it just for cutting through big logs as it comes with a 24" bar

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sadly I did buy the 88c Certa. Don't buy one, they're total rubbish.

It's an awesome machine

Didn't intend to place feedback but used this saw for five days cutting fallen Blue Gum it has not missed a beat and I gave it heaps. Was careful with oil ratios and keep a close eye on chain tension. As a qualified saw doctor I always keep the chain sharp as a blunt chain places all sorts of strains on a saw.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Very bad. Do not buy this chainsaw

Machine only runs for ten minutes at a time and cannot be restarted for hours. Sent unit back and was told that is how it is.
A chainsaw should run for as long as required or until it runs out of fuel. Very frustrating for a new modern machine.
Not happy. Have requested a full refund.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi, Thanks for your review and sorry to hear about this experience. This is certainly not the expected performance of this chainsaw, so it's possible we may need some extra details on how the unit was being used. If you'd like to provide your current order or enquiry number, we'd be happy to arrange someone to get in touch to have this resolved.I was using the chainsaw as it was intended to be used for. It was just being used to cut down a small tree and to cut it up into smaller pieces. After approximately 10 minutes of use it, the engine stopped operating and could not be restarted for at least two hours. It then operated for another ten minutes and the engine stopped once again. I have owned other chainsaws and they operated for as long as required or until it ran out of fuel.Thanks for those extra details. If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your order or enquiry number and we will assist you further with this.

Does a great job.

The day it arrived I quickly assembled it (No trouble at all)
Filled it up with oil etc. The saw started up easily, and cut through a very hard tree. No leaks from saw I did tighten the chain after first couple of hours. Thanks Kogan, great saw for a cheap price.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Leaks oil from oiler

From the day I received my new chain saw it has leaked out the oil that should oil the chain.
The chain runs dry as no oil gets to it.
I know its a very cheap chain saw and it came with a lot of equipment but the nut/spark plug spanner was of such thin inferior material it ended in the bin straight away. I really wanted to like this machine but I cannot use it with the oiling problem. When it gets hot can not be restarted. You get what you pay for I guess

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi, Thanks for writing a review and we're very sorry to hear that you've experienced a couple of issues with your new Chainsaw. The best thing to do would be to get in touch with our Support team who will be able to help you in resolving this. We can be contacted on 1300 304 292 or at the following link: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/question/new/

Fantastic machine

Excellent tool at a very good price. Would highly recommend it, only wish I'd purchased one sooner!! A powerful tool that's easy to use and does an excellent job!

Hi! I like to check and fix again. I failed to start again. Let me know your agency.Here is Westharbour in Auckland. My email is [email removed] Kindly regards David

what is the correct fuel and oil mixture? on the machine says 25:1 in manual says 50:1
I don't think it really matters. The saw's carburetor will block up long before a lean fuel mix does any damage to the piston. I've noticed over the years most chinese saws recommend 25:1. I only had one brand recommend 40:1. I use 150ml 2 stroke oil in to 5 litres of petrol. That works out about 37:1. That's never given me any problems.25:1

my 52cc certa is doing a great job. my complaint is chain bar is excessively worn and don't know what to replace it with, any ideas? dont mind buying a better quality bar.
Hi Ron Happy to hear your chainsaw is doing a great job. I've had two and they have both given me heaps of grief. Not starting and always cutting out. In regards to a better chain bar, I cannot see any other brand fitting. GarryMy experience has been the same as Gary's, but the bar and chain was the only redeeming feature of it. The Certa bar and Oregon chain works on my 62cc MTM, oiling correctly. So by that rational this bar here on eBay should fit the Certa saw as it states it fits an MTM......222847683024. I think all these chinese saws of a similar size, chain pitch and gauge (Certa, MTM, Giantz, Baumr-AG, Yukon, BBT etc.) are all basically the same design, which is a knock off of earlier Husqvarna models and they probably all come of the same production lines from the same factories using the same machinery. I put a 3/8 24" bar and chain from an 88cc Giantz on to my dad's Husky 365 and it was a perfect match, it ran better on the 65cc Husky than it did on the Giantz it came on.

Bar Length51 cm