Certa 52cc 20" Chainsaw CTCHNSAW52A

Certa 52cc 20" Chainsaw CTCHNSAW52A

MPN: CTCHNSAW52A

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just can't start it

I juts continue to have troubles starting it, don't know if its me or the chainsaw. I've spent hours trying to get it to go, only to be let down. It's done a bit of work, maybe 10 hours worth. Cheap - but won't buy another.

Purchased in February 2018 at Kogan.com for $100.00.

Paul

Thanks, It's nothing against Kogan, your support is very good. Think I just got a dud. I noticed you don't stock this model, so maybe you are already aware. It's more than a year old so I think out of warranty. Kind regards Paul

Reasonable power...poor oil feed to chain

Chainsaw has reasonable power output...doesn't like being started on solid base...vibration is a little off putting....saw starts easily after using choke on first pull...oil feed has not worked from get go...have tried vacuum and air compressor on oil feed hole...have tried cleaning oil filter..have tried no filter...have tried adjusting oil pump rate under saw...no oil to chain ..oil leaks from saw at a great rate if you leave oil in oil tank...I oil chain manually from oil can...

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Assemble difficult

I can't get this thing assembled and the guidebook is useless. If you're not very mechanically reminded don't buy a chain saw online unless you know a mechanic who can assemble it for you. I'm going to throw mine away unused unless I can talk to someone.. The guidebook is semi-literate and written probably for tradies with very little help and explanations apart from short bare uninformative instructions.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
John O
John O

Actually I fixed this up. I had the chain brake on...Duh! Once I did that everything was cool so I take back my previous comments.

TonyAdelaide

You can't complain for the price!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Tony

Sadly I did buy the 88c Certa. Don't buy one, they're total rubbish.

It's an awesome machine

Didn't intend to place feedback but used this saw for five days cutting fallen Blue Gum it has not missed a beat and I gave it heaps. Was careful with oil ratios and keep a close eye on chain tension. As a qualified saw doctor I always keep the chain sharp as a blunt chain places all sorts of strains on a saw.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

RangerWorongary

Very bad. Do not buy this chainsaw

Machine only runs for ten minutes at a time and cannot be restarted for hours. Sent unit back and was told that is how it is.
A chainsaw should run for as long as required or until it runs out of fuel. Very frustrating for a new modern machine.
Not happy. Have requested a full refund.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Ross x.Kogan

Thanks for those extra details.

If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your order or enquiry number and we will assist you further with this.

Hugo C.

Hugo C.New Plymouth

Does a great job.

The day it arrived I quickly assembled it (No trouble at all)
Filled it up with oil etc. The saw started up easily, and cut through a very hard tree. No leaks from saw I did tighten the chain after first couple of hours. Thanks Kogan, great saw for a cheap price.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

nabsie

nabsieBridgewater

Leaks oil from oiler

From the day I received my new chain saw it has leaked out the oil that should oil the chain.
The chain runs dry as no oil gets to it.
I know its a very cheap chain saw and it came with a lot of equipment but the nut/spark plug spanner was of such thin inferior material it ended in the bin straight away. I really wanted to like this machine but I cannot use it with the oiling problem. When it gets hot can not be restarted. You get what you pay for I guess

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Mike K

Mike KLinden NSW

Fantastic machine

Excellent tool at a very good price. Would highly recommend it, only wish I'd purchased one sooner!! A powerful tool that's easy to use and does an excellent job!

David

Davidasked

Hi! I like to check and fix again.
I failed to start again.
Let me know your agency.Here is Westharbour in Auckland.
My email is [email removed]
Kindly regards
David

Gail M

Gail Masked

what is the correct fuel and oil mixture? on the machine says 25:1 in manual says 50:1

Tony

I don't think it really matters. The saw's carburetor will block up long before a lean fuel mix does any damage to the piston. I've noticed over the years most chinese saws recommend 25:1. I only had one brand recommend 40:1. I use 150ml 2 stroke oil in to 5 litres of petrol. That works out about 37:1. That's never given me any problems.

25:1

Ron

Ronasked

my 52cc certa is doing a great job. my complaint is chain bar is excessively worn and don't know what to replace it with, any ideas? dont mind buying a better quality bar.

Hi Ron
Happy to hear your chainsaw is doing a great job.
I've had two and they have both given me heaps of grief. Not starting and always cutting out.
In regards to a better chain bar, I cannot see any other brand fitting.
Garry

Tony

My experience has been the same as Gary's, but the bar and chain was the only redeeming feature of it.
The Certa bar and Oregon chain works on my 62cc MTM, oiling correctly. So by that rational this bar here on eBay should fit the Certa saw as it states it fits an MTM......222847683024.

I think all these chinese saws of a similar size, chain pitch and gauge (Certa, MTM, Giantz, Baumr-AG, Yukon, BBT etc.) are all basically the same design, which is a knock off of earlier Husqvarna models and they probably all come of the same production lines from the same factories using the same machinery. I put a 3/8 24" bar and chain from an 88cc Giantz on to my dad's Husky 365 and it was a perfect match, it ran better on the 65cc Husky than it did on the Giantz it came on.

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives

CategoryPetrol Chainsaws