ChooseWell Health Insurance

ChooseWell Health Insurance

Pushy sales

Love the concept.

But the reality was that the salesperson was more focused on making the sale than looking out my best interests.

Are they too commission focused?

The whole private health system requires significant reform

Does CHOOSEWELL comparison site belong to AHM insurance?

After receiving an unsolicited email from Choosewell offering to find a better health insurance policy, I visited their website and left after deciding that they did not have anything worth my interest.
Their representative followed up with a phone call (again, unsolicited).
During the conversation, I said that I would not commit to the AHM membership that he was offering until after I could examine the details that he would send in an email.
On the following day, I received an email welcoming me as a new member and attaching the cover details, and stating that they would use direct debit to withdraw $146.30 from my bank account.
I immediately rang back to cancel the unwanted membership and requested the cancellation of the proposed withdrawal. They apparently agreed to this but several days later, the said amount was withdrawn from my account.
I rang AHM and complained and their representative agreed to immediately return the amount.
Two days later the re-instatement of the $146.30 has still not happened.

Is CHOOSEWELL actually part of the AHM organisation?

Terrible Customer Service

Choosewell is a Melbourne based health insurance comparison service. I had the misfortune to somehow getting involved with them when I was looking to change my private health insurer.
Adam Whitty is the customer service rep I was dealing with and he convinced me to change my private health insurer to another one that he recommended suits me better. Whether that's true or not is still outstanding and not the criticism I have with him and by extension the company he works for, namely Choosewell.
My criticism is with the fact that he gave me the wrong (of course lower) premium then I would have to pay eventually with the new insurer. Upon discovery he promised me a $100 voucher to make it all good again. I don’t want to accuse him of a deliberate tactic he used to increase sales, I give the benefit of the doubt that it was a genuine mistake.
However, for some reason he said that it will take 60 days before I get that voucher ????? That is crazy, why on earth would it take Choosewell 60 days to send out a voucher they probably have sitting by the dozen in their draws. A sceptical person might suggest that they were hoping that after such a long time people will forget, and I am guessing that they are right, most people will.
I didn’t and of course the voucher did not arrive after 66 days or so. I contacted Adam about that and got some excuse, which I don’t recall. Suffice to say I was promised that it will be in the mail that week. Anyway, cut a long story short I had to contact him 3 or 4 times after that before I finally received that elusive voucher after 105 days !
BUT, guess what, if you thought you can't get disappointed by Choosewell further, you can…they only sent a $50 voucher not the $100.
Suffice to say that I will not deal with this company again, ever.