Compare The Market

Compare The Market

Private health insurance

I went into looking at private health nervous and very confused.
I had used Iselect and found them horrible customer officer made me feel like I was a burden.
However I then had the absolute pleasure of being advised and helped via compare the market.
I was so lucky to have gotten Nick from the Brisbane office on the other end of the phone.
He was professional, polite and he really genuinely understood my chronic health issues that effect me in comprehending normal explanation.
He broke it down so simple that I was not frustrated or confused , in fact quite the opposite I had confidence in this officer and very grateful he was the officer on the other end of the phone.
He reassured me he was here to help me and would do his very best to inform me and guide me through this normally overwhelming process.
This young customer officer went above and beyond his normal job description, well I believe he did .
I am overwhelmed at the length Nick has gone to for me.
I recommend compare the market with Gold stars +++++++++ absolutely amazing service
Thank You Nick and the trainers that are clearly doing their job with staff.
Professional, Understanding and a few laughs had along the way.
I now have top Hospital cover and top extras at affordable price but more to the point I’m covered for exactly what I require to help get a quality lifestyle back
I hope the management team see my review
Thanks you compare and Nick

Very Rude

I want to get a quote on this website, someone called me one day later. I told him I have bought the insurance from another company. Right before I hang up the phone, he said 'what the hall' !!!??? That is how they treat you, unbelievable.

rubbish - website not working could get quotes

i am looking for insurance for a new vehicle and their website is not working (past hour or so Mar 2019) - that says a lot about their customer service and infrastructure so avoid at all costs. I went on to each major insurer separately and got the quotes i needed.

PLEASE STOP CALLING

I only wanted to see some quotes, please stop calling me. I work, I drive stop the calling, I will never use your service again. They keep calling at least twice every day. Honestly should be a class action against them.

False advertising

Steve from you online chat was not helpful he didnt even care to help so i can get a quote for private health said if i sent my current policy that Comaprethemarket will be the same price.

they have a best price promise that is advertised on there website. false advertising im guessing..

Health insurance

I've recently returned to Australia after 14 years overseas. Had no idea of which health insurance to buy...if at all. Was looking online to compare and got a call from CTM within seconds. I was prepared to chat because I wanted more facts. Should have been suspicious....they are so slick and pleasant. To cut a long story short, there was no mention of the fact I'd have to demonstrate (from Govt.) I'd been overseas to get the rebate. I was quoted $400.90 over the phone for me and my partner. It was then sent through as a quote. Agreed to sign up. When the policy came through, the figure is $591.75. Do not buy anything through these people. Thank God there's a cooling off period so I can cancel and sort out the docs I need to apply.

Deceptive & fraudulent.

12 hours after 'comparing' I receive a marketing call from a CTM salesman. He was pushy, deceptive & fraudulent. I did not have the details of the bank account I use for these matters & asked him to call back when I was at home with the correct account details. He then told me "I could call you back but rarely do get back in contact with people". He then told me to give him any account details & when I receive my confirmation email "you can change the banking details to the account you want the money to come out of" I have received the confirmation email with no way of changing any details or even canceling the insurance, despite the 30 days cooling off period to cancel.

You can do better searching yourself.

I have tried Compare for house and car insurance. In both instances I found better deals myself as they didn’t offer all the insurance companies. I went with a large common insurer that beat their comparison. Felt like the ‘pushed ‘ their selected insurers. Then the endless follow up phone calls started that were hard to stop.

Pushy sales people and terrible customer service

Stay away from this people at all cost. They promised to give me a $100 voucher after signing up and stay with the health fund for 55 days. Voucher didn't arrive after 60 days and I had to chase really hard. It took me 5 phone calls to get this through. Every time I called, i had given different excuse (lie) as to why the voucher didn't come through. They are banking on people forget about this short of voucher.

wanted a comparison, now being harassed with phone calls

I wanted a comparison and now I am getting calls from these idiots whilst I am at work teaching and also at home trying to cook dinner. Go away, not interested and I am starting to block your number. YOu would think they would get the message when I hang up the phone on them but they are clearly not bright enough to understand.

Healthful and 1hr to get me what I want

Absolutely so very helpful with everything, not trying to sell me but to help, its hard to sell me anything but this company did everything to compare the health market, I could not have done the comparison like this. Thankyou with a great service.

Compare is bad news for the elderly

My father aged well into his 80's continues to get calls from Compare about changing his energy provider, unfortunately I was not with him on one of the calls and he changed. He gave them enough details for them to steal his identity, why they need so much information is beyond me. Nevertheless he changed only to get a call from Compare about 1 week into the change to be harassed about changing his energy provider, why is anyone guess. Unfortunately for us his phone number after 50 years will have to be changed.

If you give Compare your details be prepared to be annoyed by their phone calls for ever and a day.

Rude. Pushy. Annoying

Really wish I didn’t give my contact details to this mob when looking at private health insurance. Within 4 minutes I received a call, at first I thought it was automatic because of how scripted it sounded. I informed the person that I was in the middle of a haircut and requested they call me back in half an hour. This person completely disregarded what I said and continued to speak. I’m astounded! How incredibly rude! They informed me that they were the fastest and most efficient person to process this, I then hung up on them because I will not tolerate such rudeness. After looking at all the reviews, I certainly hope my number hasn’t been given out as I have had it for nearly 10 years with no spam phone calls. Remove my number from your system immediately!

Thank you very much for your feedback – we are very sorry to hear about your experience with Compare the Market. We would like to investigate your feedback further as it appears one of our team members is letting Compare the Market down. We would greatly appreciate if you would take a few moments to contact our Customer Resolutions Team at complaints@comparethemarket.com.au to give a little further information about your experience . Thank you.

WISH I NEVER VISITED THE WEBSITE

I made the mistake of comparing insurance quotes through this website. As part of the quote I put in my phone number. Since that day I am receiving a MINIMUM of 3 spam calls everyday from different numbers. Some of them have nothing to do with insurance are are telling me I have debts owing on mortgages I don't even have. I've tried to block a few numbers put they just keep coming back for more. I will never use or recommend this website to anyone

Thank you for your feedback and apologies that your experience with Compare the Market fell short of your expectations. We would greatly appreciate if you would take a moment to contact our Customer Resolutions Team at complaints@comparethemarket.com.au so we can investigate this further and unsubscribe your number. Thank you.

What a disgrace!

Do not use this service! I was told to wait 3 days for connection of electricity- just go straight to the retailer they will connect it with in 24 hrs! I was told the mains did not need to turn off - Oh yes I did need to turn off the mains! What a joke! They have not idea and screwed up my final inspection to test appliances before property settlement and caused countless stress!

Hi Isi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review – we take all customer feedback very seriously. We are sorry to hear about the experience that you had with Compare the Market and are very keen to investigate further to determine the issue. We pride ourselves on the expertise of our consultants, but it appears that in this instance we have fallen short of providing you with an experience that was valuable and informative. It would be very helpful if you could please email our Customer Resolutions Team at complaints@comparethemarket.com.au with your information and we will investigate further. Thank you

waste of time and dishonest

Dishonest Prices listed that did not reflect what the insurers were offering. waste of time. i hope the ACCC are looking into this

Thank you for your review. We’re very sorry to hear that you didn’t find our comparison service useful. We would like to look into your feedback in more detail, in particular to find out which product you were comparing through our comparison service. When looking at certain products, for example car insurance, there can sometimes be a difference in price between what is presented through Compare the Market and the final price provided by the insurer as some insurers choose to ask additional underwriting questions once customers are on their website. We would be extremely grateful if you could get in touch with our Customer Resolutions Team on: complaints@comparethemarket.com.au with further information so they can look into your review. Thanks once again – we value all feedback as it enables us to improve our service for all consumers.

This company should be fined for false advertising!

Went online today to get comprehensive car insurance quotes, while still online comparing quotes, having given my mobile number, I was called by them trying really hard to push Budget Direct only while still online. The telemarketer on-commision sales lady admitted to me they can only push and sell Budget Direct currently for car insurance. "Compare the Market" gives you many insurance companies and their quotes, but they are only able to answer questions for Budget Direct... They are a front for them and the info on the insurance quotes is totally baised so they can sign you up for a commission. What's more the prices they quote are MORE EXPENSIVE than if you go direct to any of the insurance quotes they give you from those companies... They are nothing more than a broker in disguise putting a mark up on insurance and getting commissions from those companies... Do yourself a favour and go direct and cut out this unethical 'middleman'. I have also taken steps to report them to the Consumers affairs.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience with Compare the Market didn’t meet your expectations. We are proud to enable consumers to compare and buy from up to 20 car insurance products online via our comparison service. We currently have an agreement in place with one of our car insurance providers – Budget Direct – to contact customers via the telephone if during the customer’s online comparison, a Budget Direct policy is rated the best value product that meets all of the customer’s requirements. However, customers are able to purchase any of the car insurance products available through our comparison service when online. We would like to assure you that we do not mark up any polices or products available through Compare the Market. If there is a difference in price between what is presented through Compare the Market and the final price provided by the insurer, then it is due to additional underwriting questions that each individual insurer asks consumers once they are on their website. Finally, it is concerning to hear that the car call centre consultant you spoke with was “trying really hard to push Budget Direct”. Our sales processes clearly discourage high pressure sales techniques and we constantly monitor and record our call centre consultants to ensure compliance. It sounds like one of our team members could do with some further training – therefore we would be very appreciative if you would take a few moments to contact our Customer Resolutions Team at complaints@comparethemarket.com.au to give further details about the person you spoke with. Many thanks.

Compare the market did not do a good job with setting up my accounts and providing the right address

Compare the market seem to track user searches. I received a call from them and they offered to setup my gas, electricity and broadband connections which they did. However, they did not pass the correct addresses resulting in all my connections being delayed. When it comes to addresses it is so crucial to do it on your own and send your address in writing. People to people, addresses get effed up!

Thank you very much for your review – we take all feedback seriously and use it to help improve our service for consumers. We are very sorry to hear that you faced a delay with your connections. We pride ourselves on our service, which helps thousands of customers find more valuable household products, however it appears that we fell short in this instance and you were inconvenienced as a result. We hope that you will accept our apology and please be assured that we will learn from this experience and do our all to ensure it is not repeated again. Thank you.

The Road to Spam called start at CompareTheMarket

Made the mistake of looking into private health insurance and entering my phone number into the enquiry. I was contacted immediately by a salesman, who repeatedly ignored my requests to call back later as I was at work. Was then contacted up to 3 times a day, and not just by Compare the Market, it seems they have handed out my number to anyone Spam caller who would take it.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

Thank you very much for getting in touch Heath – we are very sorry to hear about your experience with Compare the Market. We would like to investigate your feedback further as it appears one of our team members is letting Compare the Market down. We would greatly appreciate if you would take a few moments to contact our Customer Resolutions Team at complaints@comparethemarket.com.au to give a little further information about your experience e.g. if you remember any details of the person you spoke with. Thank you.

Non Stop Calls

I thought I'd see if there was better value out there, and since putting my phone number in I've had constant spam callers for the last 3 days. NEVER AGAIN.

Thank you for your feedback and apologies that your experience with Compare the Market fell short of your expectations. We would greatly appreciate if you would take a moment to contact our Customer Resolutions Team at complaints@comparethemarket.com.au with your full name (unfortunately we can’t find the name Warren McMawson in our system) and the product that you were comparing to enable us to ensure that you are not contacted by Compare the Market again in the future. Thank you.