Compare The Market

Compare The Market

Suggestions were more expensive than other options and they called me out of the blue!

Hey Compare the Market! I had a look on the compare the market site to, well, compare the market for car insurance.

Stupidly I left my phone number and lo and behold an hour later I get a cold call from you offering to 'save me money'. It felt very pushy and kind of odd to think that you wouldn't just put the best deal up on the website so you could call me offering a better deal? Just give me the best deal to begin with, that's why I'm on your site!

Even after explaining I'd gone with a company that wasn't on your initial list (and was also much cheaper) the salesperson tried to coerce me into cancelling that and going with someone obviously on their bankroll. The desperation of the salesperson made me ponder the structure their pay too.

Change your ways guys!

Pushy and rude

I look at info online to start doing my own research without having to talk to people. I got the comparison quotes and then closed the browser when I could see that the quotes were considerably higher than what I currently am paying (and I was fairly certain I was comparing apples v apples). Within a couple of minutes I had a call from a man who was abrupt and rude right from the get go and when I said I didn't have time at this point to do a detailed comparison and that I would do it later myself when I had time he said something along the lines of "if everyone did everything online he wouldn't have a job" and that If I wanted to do it myself "good luck to you". It wasn't so much the words but the way in which he said it was very rude and frankly if one of my staff spoke to a potential customer that way they'be fired. Maybe you guys should spend less $$$ on your clever TV ads and put more into staff training and/or hiring better quality people.

Going above and beyond

Completely satisfied with Dane who contacted me and assisted with finding the best health insurance for our family. Very impressive! We needed to include orthodontic extras and were given multiple options to choose from.

Online healthcover review

I submitted information to compare health cover. I was called multiple times on Saturday and Sunday. They just don't stop calling. I purchased cover elsewhere and they wanted to know through who.

Stay away from compare the market, and do not give them your phone number.

I jumped online to compare health insurance quotes. To do so you have to put in your mobile phone number. Within a minute, I had a telemaketer on the phone trying to push me into signing up there and then. I like to do my research and take my time. I eventually convinced this person to give me a few days to think about it. When he called back, I asked if he could send me some other quote to compare. He became rude and spoke to me like I was an idiot because I wouldn't sign up to the " best deal he could give me" right there and then, so I hung up. Since then, it seems like they have given my details to other telemarketers, as I have had a neverending stream of phonecalls offering me great deals on stuff I don't want or need. Do not give them your phone number. Go to each health insurer and get quotes.

Thank you very much for getting in touch – we are very sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. We would greatly appreciate if you would take a few moments to contact our Customer Resolutions Team at customerresolutions@comparethemarket.com.au to discuss this further to ensure this doesn't happen again.Not much point sending you an email. I think you get the point, your salesperson was rude and pushy, much like many other reviews on product review. Doesn't seem like you have learned anything from previous reviews.

Health cover review

I decided to use compare the market to review my cover. I was told better to leave hospital as is but change for extras, I would save. First that was wrong turned out more expensive. They were to contact existing fund to cancel extras but did not so ended up paying both funds.
Fortunately I had cooling off period and reinstated my extras with existing fund BUT compare the market were going to contact new fund to cancel extras. Fortunately I decided to contact new fund to make sure extras cover was cancelled and that I would get refund. They had not heard anything from compare the market
That was their second not doing anything.
I would not recommend service

A Seamless Transition

I have been researching Health Funds which best suite our requirements as we have always had Top Hospital and Extras cover, but with the increase in premiums I wanted to find something that was kinder to our budget. Trying to equate the numerous Funds was becoming an impossible task so I contacted
Compare the Market.
Thank goodness I did as Aiden at Toowong; Queensland was able to answer all our questions and concerns. He was able to find us a Fund that we feel confident in and made the transition seamless.
Thank you again Aiden, and because of your ability to make a difficult task appear simple, we would recommend Compare the Market to all our family and friends.

Misrepresentation of cover

I bought GMF, now HCF, insurance through CTM and was mislead by the information that was provided. It was only after I lodged a claim that I found out that I wasn't covered. The difficulty using CTM is that HCF claims that it wasn't their fault and CTM claims it wasn't their fault. After 3 years of fighting with both organizations, the ombudsman ruled in my favour and I am to receive my claim. The overall effort is not worth using a broker because both organizations will use each other to deflect responsibility.

Thank you very much for getting in touch – we are very sorry to hear about your experience with Compare the Market. We are sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. We would greatly appreciate if you would take a few moments to contact our Customer Resolutions Team at customerresolutions@comparethemarket.com.au to discuss this further to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you.I have been speaking with you for 3 years. I think that is enough of my time.

Perfect service

Service was on point got exactly what I needed and wanted saving of $775 a year which is outstanding and Dane was an absolute pleasure to deal with.. was a positive experience

Fantastic Service thank you Justin

Popped my details in on compare the market.com and as I was trying to decipher all the website jargon, I received a call from Justin! He made the whole process super easy, gave me all my options & also explained everything in greater detail when i didn't quite understand! I usually hate when people call me to discuss but genuinely he was brilliant! I am now covered, with exactly what I need and no extra crap slotted in :) Very happy customer. Thank you Justin.

Compared Health Insurance

Went online to Compare the Market to compare health insurers. Got a call from Justin who had excellent customer service, discussed my options and has signed me up for new cover. What I thought would be daunting was made very easy. Would definitely use their services again.

Very helpful

I spoke with a great person called Alex, she was very helpful and friendly. I wasn't sure what to expect with this service but I found it to be very good experience. She did an amazing job and I enjoyed the chat.

Private health insurance

I went into looking at private health nervous and very confused.
I had used Iselect and found them horrible customer officer made me feel like I was a burden.
However I then had the absolute pleasure of being advised and helped via compare the market.
I was so lucky to have gotten Nick from the Brisbane office on the other end of the phone.
He was professional, polite and he really genuinely understood my chronic health issues that effect me in comprehending normal explanation.
He broke it down so simple that I was not frustrated or confused , in fact quite the opposite I had confidence in this officer and very grateful he was the officer on the other end of the phone.
He reassured me he was here to help me and would do his very best to inform me and guide me through this normally overwhelming process.
This young customer officer went above and beyond his normal job description, well I believe he did .
I am overwhelmed at the length Nick has gone to for me.
I recommend compare the market with Gold stars +++++++++ absolutely amazing service
Thank You Nick and the trainers that are clearly doing their job with staff.
Professional, Understanding and a few laughs had along the way.
I now have top Hospital cover and top extras at affordable price but more to the point I’m covered for exactly what I require to help get a quality lifestyle back
I hope the management team see my review
Thanks you compare and Nick

Very Rude

I want to get a quote on this website, someone called me one day later. I told him I have bought the insurance from another company. Right before I hang up the phone, he said 'what the hall' !!!??? That is how they treat you, unbelievable.

rubbish - website not working could get quotes

i am looking for insurance for a new vehicle and their website is not working (past hour or so Mar 2019) - that says a lot about their customer service and infrastructure so avoid at all costs. I went on to each major insurer separately and got the quotes i needed.

PLEASE STOP CALLING

I only wanted to see some quotes, please stop calling me. I work, I drive stop the calling, I will never use your service again. They keep calling at least twice every day. Honestly should be a class action against them.

False advertising

Steve from you online chat was not helpful he didnt even care to help so i can get a quote for private health said if i sent my current policy that Comaprethemarket will be the same price.

they have a best price promise that is advertised on there website. false advertising im guessing..

Health insurance

I've recently returned to Australia after 14 years overseas. Had no idea of which health insurance to buy...if at all. Was looking online to compare and got a call from CTM within seconds. I was prepared to chat because I wanted more facts. Should have been suspicious....they are so slick and pleasant. To cut a long story short, there was no mention of the fact I'd have to demonstrate (from Govt.) I'd been overseas to get the rebate. I was quoted $400.90 over the phone for me and my partner. It was then sent through as a quote. Agreed to sign up. When the policy came through, the figure is $591.75. Do not buy anything through these people. Thank God there's a cooling off period so I can cancel and sort out the docs I need to apply.

Deceptive & fraudulent.

12 hours after 'comparing' I receive a marketing call from a CTM salesman. He was pushy, deceptive & fraudulent. I did not have the details of the bank account I use for these matters & asked him to call back when I was at home with the correct account details. He then told me "I could call you back but rarely do get back in contact with people". He then told me to give him any account details & when I receive my confirmation email "you can change the banking details to the account you want the money to come out of" I have received the confirmation email with no way of changing any details or even canceling the insurance, despite the 30 days cooling off period to cancel.

You can do better searching yourself.

I have tried Compare for house and car insurance. In both instances I found better deals myself as they didn’t offer all the insurance companies. I went with a large common insurer that beat their comparison. Felt like the ‘pushed ‘ their selected insurers. Then the endless follow up phone calls started that were hard to stop.