Chrysler Voyager

3.9

MalcolmSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Van

I use this every day I love the electric 2x back doors
    I love the fact all the rear seats fold INTO and UNDER the floor
    Powerful yet economical car
    Incredibly comfortable with electric seats
    Best van on the market A REAL Cruiser Great for long country drives and camping
    I can fit a 1220 x 2440 panel in the back

TransmissionAutomatic
    Date PurchasedFeb 2012
    GothicBabe
    GothicBabeMildura

Fantastic car

I own x2 2003 chrysler grand voyager ( SE & Limited ) both brought second hand and both fantastic cars.
    I've never spent anything more then normal wear and tear on them both.
    They have heaps of room
    Great to drive very comfy
    Love the dual air conditioning that most other people movers dont have.
    Great on fuel
    I honestly can't say anything bad about the 2003 chrysler grand voyager.

If you have a large family like myself and are looking for a bigger car get a chrysler grand voyager.

I've owned taragos and Caravelles both I've had nothing but trouble with.

TransmissionAutomatic

keitoQueensland, Australia

half way through and chomping at the bit to drive!!

WhitevaliantSydney, NSW

Bought it with problems but easy and cheap to fix

maximus111
    maximus111
    Roger
    RogerAustralia

Perfect family mover - top price and value

TransmissionAuto

S CollingsMELBOURNE

1998 Lemon!

carros
    carros

We have a 2002 model which we bought brand new and have had absolutely no problems with it. It drives beautiful. Hardly any engine noise extremely comfortable and quite a reasonable amount of boot space. Tested other cheaper vehicles and found that this was the best one. Basicly you get what you pay for. Would recommend.
    Beautiful to drive, having automatic sliding doors, comfortable seating.
    bit thirsty

Other People Movers

Best machine ever owned !

Warning, unsafe car

My 1999 is an older model but has had numerous safety recalls over the years. Faulty seatbelts, faulty air bag, faulty roof lining. Front bumper sagging after a few years. Engine cuts off unexpectedly, ghost problem that mechanics are unable to fix. Loss of engine could leave you in a sticky situation whilst driving. Safety rating 2 stars out of 5 only.
    Do your research before buying a Chrysler, hundreds of horror stories from other Voyager owners. Avoid, avoid.
    spacious, but that's it.
    Numerous safety faults, serious problems with electronic system, zero reliability.

grandvoyager
    grandvoyager

frenchie2803Perth, WA

Total lemon

I've had a 1998 Voyager since 2002, it has spent more time in the workshop than on the road plus 3 safety recalls. Every repair is damn expensive, Chrysler dealerships ripp you off, last bill $286 to diagnose a faulty cluster, cost to replace nearly $2,200 which is about market value of the damn car.
    I would be better off taking it to the wrecker. Never buy Chrysler!
    It is comfortable
    totally unreliable. expensive, sluggish, a nightmare

CJohnson
    CJohnson

Your experience is with the previous model, NOT the 2001-2005 model. I certainly wouldn't rely on a review of a completely different car - which is what the 1998 Voyager is.

frenchie2803

Was better than all the opposition people movers when I bought in 2002.

The voyager had the most space and best power for my family when i bought in 2002. Enough for 6 of us and my mum or mum in law! Had issues with electric side mirrors once in warranty and twice out of. Very expensive to fix cost $1200 approx each time!!!
    I find the brake pedal too far away from accelerator compared to normal cars. Due to being converted from left hand drive?
    great car, more power and space than other people movers.
    Expensive to service, parts hard to get.

timmalfiya
    timmalfiya

Good

matex
    matex

John M.
    John M.asked
    Voyager

Where can I find the key numbers for my 2004 Chrysler grand voyager. I need a new key but I dont have the manual book

Natasha M.
    Natasha M.asked
    Voyager

Hi I am looking at a 2004 model
    Wanting any advise on this brand of car
    Are they good on fuel
    I have heard parts are expensive
    Any faults that anyone has had

Malcolm

Absolutely the best van I have ever had a luxury compared to the rest Fantastic fuel economy also You need a "We come to you " Mechanic

Teneale w
    Teneale wasked
    Voyager RS (2001-2004)

Is the 2004 Chrysler voyager a good car any problems with them

Whitevaliant

Mine has just clocked over 200,000k's.
    Basically my advice would be to check everything electrical. Open and close all the windows and if it has electric sliding doors, make sure they work ok. Check that the air bag light is not lit, that the horn and cruise control works and that the indicators cancel. Each problem will be about $500 - $600 to repair but with the electric doors you can just disconnect the drive wheel and use them as normal sliding doors. The central locking units can be bought on Ebay very cheaply and there are Youtube vids that show how to change them. If it has an electric drivers seat, play with the controls and make sure it all works. Mine has heated seats but both only work on the low setting now. I couldn't even be bothered checking out what's wrong.
    Check that the back door doesn't sag. You can easily get struts but don't do what I did and get them from Chrysler. Too expensive!
    Engine wise, listen for rattly noises. I have replaced idler wheels which wasn't actually that expensive. About $250 at the auto electrician. It should run as smooth as silk. Drive it up hill and if the transmission shudders when changing from 1st to 2nd, it's been flogged and you should avoid that car. Mine also gets the shakes through the steering wheel at about 80k's/hr which I suspect is the wishbone bushes which are about $300 each, but considering the mileage I'm not surprised.
    Check the a/c. It should be freezing and make sure the vents in the middle of the dash are pumping out air that is roughly the same temperature.
    The skin on the dash may also start to lift from the passenger side and the roof lining may be saggy. I had the roof lining replaced for about $500 and you can't tell the difference from the old one. I couldn't be bothered fixing the dash though.
    I can say that if my car gets written off tomorrow, I would hope to buy another one. I hope this helps.

Chrysler Voyager