6Cigweld Transmig 185 Ultra AUTOSET MIG/Manual MIG/STICK/TIG Welder

ALM
ALMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
 Pinned

Cant imagine life without the 185 ultra

The Transmig 185 Ultra, Is as simple as it gets, I have been a maintenance fitters for 20+ years and CIGWELD has been my go to brand.

With all the great product CIGWELD is promoting I decided it was time to upgrade from my  wire wasp as I wanted to start some home projects and also teach my son the art of welding as he has shown a keen interest.

The transmig 185 Ultra ticked all the boxes I wanted something easy to use and wanted to run on 10 amps and the ability to weld at max 8mm .Having the synergic function where I can select material thickness and also have the flexibility to adjust outside of the preset settings as well as adjust settings manually if i wanted was a no brainer

Great product Cigweld  and thank you to the local local rep who was was next level he knows product can demo he knows his trade.

Thanks Cigweld five stars from me.

Purchased in .

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Cigweld   DM

ALM, your feedback is amazing. Thank you for being such a long term fan of Team Blue. We appreciate it.

Paul Robert
Paul Robert North-West & West coast, TAS9 posts

Mitch
MitchSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great welder

Amazing welder I hadn’t welded in a while and it made it so easy to get back into the swing of things have used it on mild steel much larger then 8mm and it handled it with ease and also on cutting edge which it also handled very well Show details ·  1
Jason D.
Jason D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Awesome Machine

Great machine easy to use highly recommended "cant beleive how easy to use" Show reply
nathan davies
nathan daviesIllawarra, NSW

Stacks of power

I read a lot of reviews before purchasing. I brought this machine and couldn’t be happier. As soon as I opened the box I cranked it to max power and layed a fillet weld down on 8mm mild steel with 0.8 wire.
The results were a 5-6mm flat clean fillet. As good as any big industrial machines I’ve used in my 14 years of boilermaking. Show details ·  1
Seb
Seb2 posts

20% duty of a 10amp plug

Only 10 amp machine I know of that has a decent duty cycle that can be used in every standard GPO. The deeper you look into the setting of this machine in manual mode the better it gets for MIG. Show reply
Andrew P.2 posts

Zero to Hero

This unit turns novices into professionals. I just followed 3-4 simple steps in the menu and I was up and welding. My first weld was as good as my last. Cant wait to try out all its features. Show details ·  1
Brian
Brian

Transmig 185 Ultra

Fantastic machine welding got a whole lot easier very easy to use very easy to set up a lot of vidoes on youtube on how to set up the machine. Show details ·  1
Just Cass
Just Cass North Queensland, QLD4 posts

Happy husband

This 185ultra is awesome, my husband loves his & he has built some cool stuff in the shed with it as well as some repairs on the trailer, he says it’s the easiest welder he has used before Show reply
Debbie M
Debbie M

Needed an easy setup machine…

I bought my Dad this machine to help him with easy of set up and because it can MIG weld his car panels. He loves it ✅
He is now a self confessed expert ;) Show details ·  1
Shane M.
Shane M.Canberra 2600, ACT2 posts

Great after sales services

Recently bought the Cigweld 185Ultra. Very happy with its capability for the work I was doing however, had a problem with the MIG wirefeed. Was returned to the dealer for a warranty repair however the failure was noticed by the Cigweld team who followed up and prioritised the repair. When it appeared the part shipping would be delayed, Cigweld stepped in and organised a brand new replacement welder. Very happy with the service and shout out to Chris Brewer for organising it all. Show details ·  1
Anthony
AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome machine that exceeded my expectations

This machine was securely packaged and once unboxed was very easy to assemble. After a few practice welds to get familiar with the digital screen and controls of this new style of machine (my previous machine was an old school CIGWELD 200i with clunky switches) the first job was to repair my father-in-law’s mower deck which it did easily. A few simple button pushes and I was dialled. In no time at the job was done and done well. The only criticism I have was my “Promo Kit” was supplied with the wrong MIG gun. After a quick message to CIGWELD it was confirmed that I indeed had the incorrect gun and the correct gun was sent to me via courier 2 days later. The after sales support was faultless, thanks very much. Show details ·  1
Gibbo
GibboCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Simple To Use and Excellent Aftersales Support

Semi new to MIG and always wanted to learn TIG. The 185 Ultra makes it easy and the auto setup is fantastic and easy to use. Had an issue with a gun, but the aftersales support at CIGWeld was brilliant and no questions new part posted and sorted.

As we are flooded with more overseas product, I will always pay extra for hassle free support. Thanks CIGWeld! Show details ·  1

Ford Auto Salvage
Ford Auto Salvage

Awesome machine

Awesome machine for the home hanyman.
No issues with it.
Highly recommended to anyone who has an interest and passion for welding
Great for my workshop
Easy to use, operation manual clear and easy to read. Show details ·  1
Big Kev
Big Kev

Easy to setup

I bought this machine & it is so easy to setup, you can be welding within 5 minutes of setting up, even my mates can set it up & they have never welded before Show details ·  1