VerifiedMPN:W1004135

3.9

James
James
 Pinned

Great welder for home use

I got this a couple of years ago and it's been great to use. I have used it to build gates, a shed and all sorts of repairs from 1mm plate upto 5mm. It was tricky learning how to get the settings right for both amps to wire feed but once right it works fantastic. Considering i had never welded a thing in my life before, it didn't take much practice to get going and feel comfortable using it. I recently contacted the Cigweld customer service for a new part and was surprised at how helpful and friendly they were. I would get another the same if this one ever dies.

Purchased in for $350.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
shane mc mellon
shane mc mellon3 posts

RobertMurrumbidgee Region, NSW3 posts

cig mig welder 135

good little welder nice and portable easy to use good reliable brand Show details ·  1
Matt
MattGippsland, VIC

Ol faithful 135 10 years of work

I've had my 135 for just over 10 years now and it's seen a lot of work only recently within the last week the power select switch has jammed on to power select 4 still works fine but looking for the supplier of spare parts so I can repair my ol faithful I have welded alloy up to 5mm and up to 10mm steel with this welder never faulting I'm in Victoria Show details ·  1
Albert poon
Albert poonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good welder but beware poor quality of manufacture

I bought this from super cheap auto last June. It is very easy to use but after 2 weeks of the warranty expiry, the trigger suddenly stopped working. It could neither pass the wire or weld. I read about other failures of this which was deemed uneconomic to repair. Luckily I decided to have a look in case it was something simple. Sure enough luckily it was a failed solder at both wires of the trigger switch. I fixed it and all is good. The soldering of these wires must have been done by a child, it was of poor standard. Show details
Cigweld
Cigweld   DM
Colin.
Colin.Northern Region, NSW

Fantastic welder

I have used a few welders for general maintenance & restoration work. This is by far the best welder I have used. Easy to use and the price was great ( was on sale @ Supercheap). Definitely recommend this product. Show details ·  1
Ross
Ross

Easy to set up and use

Having used a stick arc welder in the past I was keen to see what a MIG was like. I first used it in gas less then gas. Both made welding easy, but the gas was so much neater in the finished product. Show reply
Eric W.
Eric W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great compact welder for home maintenance work

I was looking for a small, compact and portable welder for a bit of maintenance work at home. Being a first-time welder, I am glad I picked Cigweld Weldskill 135 after a bit of research. The unit is really easy to use and more than capable of weld jobs I needed to do around the house. The set-up is easy and the fusion and penetration of the weld is great. Great value and quality for the money. Show details ·  1
neasan black
neasan black
  Fair Incentive

This product is very easy to use and is the only product I would use in the workplace

This product is fantastic it is quick, reliable and never skips a beat I’ve told all my family and friends about it and they say the exact same when they’ve used the product. Show reply
Ads
AdsCentral West, NSW2 posts

Awesome little unit

Bought this to weld my fence rails , works awesome , also welded a rail in my fire pit and fixed the clothesline love this machine would recommend to anyone for welding Show details ·  1
Lauren
Lauren

Perfect for beginners

A good unit for beginners and smaller jobs. If you plan on doing a lot of work or using for long periods at a time consider getting a bigger unit from the outset. Show details ·  1
Scott E.
Scott E.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Best thing since sliced bread

This is a fantastic machine.
As reliable as they come.
I couldn’t recommend this blue beast enough.
If you want power/size ratio in check, this is the machine for you.
Outstanding stuff Cigweld. Have always been a fan, and always will be. Show details ·  1
Abbey
Abbey

Could not recommend enough!

Could not recommend this product enough! Great customer service and was impressed with how easy it is to use. Very pleased and I will definitely be buying again from Cigweld. Show reply
Damian B
Damian BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it!!

How good is this welding machine. Even I can lay down a great weld with this machine. It's small and powerful and easy to use. I used it with the Cigweld gasless wire which was also great. Can't recommend it enough. Show details ·  1

David F.
David F.

Weldskill 135 welder functioned fine for years did some welding no problems returned to weld following day wire feeds everything functioning excellent Connections but will not strike an arc at all

Lachlan C.
Lachlan C.

I turn the machine on and wire feeds through without pressing down the trigger, moments before this happens the trigger needed lots of pressure to feed wire out and now it constantly feeds out without pressing trigger. What’s up with it?

brian h.
brian h.

CIG weld 135. Would i be correct in thinking that this machine does not have a gas solenoid valve that supplies gas only when the trigger is pulled. Mine has gas flow all the time

Robert

It would have there might have a wire off or the solenoid is stuck open

Mark Marsh
Mark Marsh

Check the trigger. The relay switch sticks