VerifiedMPN:W1008185

4.5

David H.
David H.Murray Region, NSW

Excellent Service

I bought this welder 2 1/2 years ago and from Total Tools based on knowing the quality of this brand. Unfortunately, the welder developed a fault which could not be repaired. The service that I received from both Total Tools in Albury and the Cigweld Technical team was excellent and although the welder was just out of warranty they agreed to replace the unit with a brand new one. Thank you to your teams to back up what is in my experience a very good product. Show details ·  1
Wes Peacock
Wes PeacockSouth East Queensland, QLD

185 Ultra

I personally know that cig welders are really the best product. I’ve just upgraded to the new 185 ultra welder and paid quick a price for it. Knowing it won’t disappoint, I think it would even be better if the pack came with a set of gloves and a helmet. It would also encourage home enthusiasts to buy and hit the ground running with a very good product Show details ·  1
Ricky Blaze2 posts

Broken down 3 times

Was nice machine however broken down 3 times still under warranty... have been waiting a week to hear back.. cigweld more interested in palming me off to the place of purchase.. meanwhile I'm still down my welder with an increasing work load not to mention frustrated mangment at my work place, could cost me my job. Show details
Ricky Blaze

3 day and no response from Cigweld..

Cameron M.
Cameron M.

Wire keeps burning back in drive rollers

Had this model for nearly two years. Nothing on my old lincoln mig welder. Welds okay have wire speed and amps set correctly. Keeps fusing back in drive rollers have to re thread through power lead. Very time consuming. Happens up to 5 times over 3 hrs welding. I don't like the delayed wire speed it has. Starts off slow than powers away. Cheers can anyone give me some technical advice. Show details
Chip
Chip3 posts

Frustrated actually

A good machine when its working. Had it for a couple of years now and used on a half a dozen MIG jobs welding aluminium. Since new wire feed is continually catching and birdsnesting at the feed roller into the control lead. I have replaced the liner and the problem persists to the point that I am thinking about getting something else. Like I said when its working it's good but I have spent way too much time fixing this problem and not welding. Show details
Cigweld
Cigweld   DM
Jason D.
Jason D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Outstanding performance

Just purchased this machine and found it very user friendly. Looking forward to putting it to work. Show reply
Hoges020
Hoges020Northern Region, NSW

Best welder on the market

I’ve used a lot of welders and this is the best lays good consistent beads I am yet to use the tug function but I look forward to it thanks for making such a good product Show reply
Nick
NickGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect versatile do-it-all

I've used this welder a multiple of times from welding dollies together to fitting full gates into frames. Used the gas mig , gasless mig and the stick welder and with small adjustments its a super easy unit to use for beginners and experienced alike Show details ·  1
JLR
JLR

Great Product

Cannot fault this machine, perfect in every way. Really easy to use and operates as described on the website and throughout the manual. Cigweld has done it again, innovation in their nature. Show reply
Wayno
Wayno2 posts

Awesome machine

Bought this for work around home this machine is awesome. Easy to use highly recommend for any handyman. Cheap spares. Now my m ates want to borrow it. Thank you Show reply
John N.
John N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Great option for tradies!

Cost effective, reliable and efficient. A great option for both new tradesmen and long term professionals. Easy to use and never have to worry about reliability issues (no break downs) Show details ·  1
Liz
Liz2 posts

Perfect gift for hubby

Got this for hubby for repairs around the property. Hasn't missed a beat fixed the fence gate and has been easy to use. Would recommend to any body beginner to pro Show details ·  1
62bfree
62bfreeWestern Australia

Perfect home handy man welder

Purchased for around the house use on small metla and now the whole street wants me to help wiht repairs from cars to boat trailers and patio work, very portable and handy unit Show details ·  1
Ricardo
RicardoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Robust Machine!!!!

Bullet proof machine and value for money 185 amps .Very stable arc ,easy to use and service and delivery was exceptional .
Will buy again as I have been very impressed with Cigweld's quality machines Show details ·  1
Mark
Mark

1kg spool spring

Just used for the first time today. Removed the 5kg spool adaptor and fitted a 1kg wire reel, found that the spring is too strong and pushes the plastic tensioning nut off completely. Had to adapt a different friction mechanism so that I was able to use. Really not suitable for the 1kg reel fitment.

UPDATE

Cigweld saw my review contacted me and sent me an updated spring and metal flanged tensioning nut. Great they recognised the issue and did something about it. Now very happy. Show details

Cigweld
Cigweld   DM

Mark, I am sorry to hear you had difficulties. I would like to see if I can fix this for you. I am going to send you a direct message so I can get more info.