5Kathmandu Retreat 360

Kathmandu Retreat 360

5Kathmandu Retreat 360

89% · 81 · 11%

Portability
Brand Manager for Kathmandu? Claim your listing.

NickIllawarra, NSW3 posts

Portability
Pete
Pete2 posts

Heavy duty poles

Does Kathmandu have heavy duty poles that now come with the retreat 360 in 2018, after all the broken poles customers have bought back in.

Have katmanduu acknowledgement the problem and referee it back to the manufacturer to fix

Ian C
Ian C

Blue poles break on every use

The manufacturers seem to have acknowledged the problem as the more recent version of the retreat 360 has elbows for the blue poles - presumably to take the strain off.

On the version we have, the blue poles snap EVERY time we use it - and everytime we get kathmandu to give us a replacement. I've just taken them in this morning and have asked if you can use the poles from the new version on our tent - but they don't know.

Very frustrating.

MervynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Andre
Andre2 posts

Snapping poles

Good tent but the fibre glass poles are bent and had one black and one grey pole snapped on me. Kathmandu wants to charge me for it. All other poles have bends in them. So we will see if it lasts.

Anthea
AntheaNew Plymouth, New Zealand

Bendy poles

Over all we are happy with this tent however have had issues with the poles bending in the connection part & snapping this happened with our blue poles & Kathmandu did replace them free of charge which was great but only for those replacement poles to start bending again half way threw our camping trip & formed a v type look in the middle causing it to put immense strain on the lining also noticed when we pulled it down the yellow poles are starting to bend too.

luke
luke

Best tent ive ever owned

I scored my retreat 360 second hand for half the price so maybe a bit bias although if I could afford full price I'd pay it. I have blue grey one. Very spacious inside. Ultra modern design. Everybody remarks on its design. Only negarive is lack of ceiling vents. These are needed on warm days
The look
No ceiling venting
Jaffa
JaffaMelbourne4 posts

Best 7m meter tent out there!

Got this tent 1 year ago. I have got to say very good. It only leaked a few drops in super heavy rain and it is very durable unlike my old high-country tent. takes about 20 minutes to set up but really forgiving when you get all that room. weighs 35kg. best tent!! you can sleep more than 8 people easily.
reliable, durable, not to expensive, so much room, great design, very simple and easy to set up.
heavy
LoveCamping
LoveCampingHamilton

Leaky Verandah

Poor design of fly, Kathmandu maintain it would leak the same around all zip entries on the entire tent fly, just the verandah is attached so the water leaks into the tent floor. Moderate rain for 1 hour and the tent leaked, we were given full replacement of the product as goodwill.
Living areas and vestibule
Within 1 hour in moderate rain, the front verandah leaked in all 5 zip entries and was not a one off, was sunny days in between to dry out and rained again only to leak again in the same zip entries

M. B.
M. B.

I need to find out how many poles there is for the new version of the Kathmandu 360 retreat tent as I bought one but without any poles I asked a few Kathmandu stores only one guy said 10 but no one knows how many of which lengths and colours I need exactly if someone could help with lengths and colours and how many I need would be great.

Thank you.

Haydn L.
Haydn L.

I’m looking for a replacement fly for my 360 as the current one now seems paper thin and holes are appearing everywhere. Is the quality better on the new flys ?

mervgiam
mervgiam

Does the rear/back room (showing 1 person sleeping) has a covered floor? I have seen some videos online that it only shows the fly over grass/exposed ground - but on the Kathmandu website it shows it has a covered floor? is this a model change in recently years?

Mervyn

It's been a few years since I sold the tent to my work college for his family. I seem to recall that it was not a covered floor for that small section.

Nick

The version I purchased in 2019 does have a covered floor. I assume this is a feature of the newer 2018 version.

See all Kathmandu Retreat 360 questions

Weight34.65kg
Release date
ManualDownload manual

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Kathmandu? Claim your listing.