2.1 (1,185)
    2.3 (1,167)
  • Return Claim MadeYes (114) · No (1,200)

Kelly
Kelly

Defeated and out of pocket

Emma H.
Emma H.Perth, WA

Abysmal

Chose items I wanted. Couldn’t get it to go to the payment step. Just kept returning to a page that wasn’t even an order page. Ended up trying next day. Same result. Eventually phoned order through. Got charged $8.15 more than what the online price was. Emailed with complaint. Reply gave 1800 number to call which didn’t work. Hopeless. Ripped off

Other Supermarkets

Disgusting service-coles don’t even deserve the one star

Ordered online and was charged for my items which were $470. Come to pick up my items to realise a lot of things were out of stock and was charged again $320 for the items in stock. Told I have to wait up to ten days for a refund of the original amount of money. Disgusting! Never had this issue with Woolworths! Be smart don’t use coles online!!!! Bunch of rip offs!

Worst customer service!

Made my first order on Coles. Got an invoice and notification my order is on the way to be there between 1-2pm. At 1.30pm when I am sitting ready to sign I get a call that they can't deliver? But it was already on the way. Now I can't leave the house to get the groceries myself and no other delivery slots. Won't ever use again.

fair value
fair value

Rip people off with cheap packaging that ends up in landfill and they discriminate against the disabled

They sell cheap milk in leaking containers and when I tried to return it by showing the receipt and a picture of the milk bottle that leaked everywhere so I threw it out, the store refused and 'Coles Customer Care' took a week to respond and said cannot help without the barcode.

Who keeps the barcode. I even had the receipt. Good thing this is a breach of Australian Consumer Law by Coles. It's only about $3 to me but the point is Coles can just make bad products and sell millions of bottles knowing most will give up when genuine refund attempts are made.

Shame on you Coles!

Andrew
Andrewew

Getting use by stock

Coles online shopping does a lot of things well, however prioritising their freshest produce for their online customers is not one of them. I continually get old bananas, and avocados in particular, and chicken which has to be used within two days . When I complained I was told that 2 days was within Coles acceptable guidelines . Really?? Did you consult your customers when you drew up those guidelines?

Minnie G.
Minnie G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Out of stock products

I’ve had several instances with Coles online when I have placed an order and paid in full then received email saying they were out of certain stock and that I haven’t been charged for it, when I clearly have paid for it! When I try to talk to Coles online (which is an impossible task for them to answer the phones) I’ve been told I will get a refund within a couple of days and I never have! Coles ripping their customers off big time!!

The Fillinghams
The FillinghamsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mixed but on the whole positive

Online Order

Received an SMS saying my order was ready for pick up, followed by an SMS saying my order had been cancelled. I did not cancel the order so I went to store, the clerk tried to explain they had had a technical hitch and even though my groceries had been picked he could not give them to me and our payment would be refunded. Wanted me to pay for groceries again and wait for refund. No way. Not happy Coles.

solon m.
solon m.

Masterchef cookware

Emm
EmmSouth East Queensland, QLD

Non existent customer service. Over priced goods and get Rotten vegetables on my home delivery order !

Never received money back from receiving rotten vegetables. Terrible customer service. Never investigate the query. Call centre in Melbourne is useless.

The website is not actually user friendly and i a big online shopper.

Found myself going all over the place on their website it needs an overhaul, unlike theur competition. In addition when paying by paypal it did not take me to the paypal site so i can put my password in. This is really dangerous, anyone could use it, cant believe paypal allows it. Dangerous

lmax2021
lmax2021South East Queensland, QLD

Tried it for my first time yesterday.

First, the stupid website, when I clearly clicked delivery at every phase, automatically reverted to pickup, during the process of checking out. Then, they could not find 1 item, after I had already completed my order, and removed any conflicting items from my cart, before, checking out. After I have done that, it is not my issue to make sure there is stock. I got no phone call, just "Order has been cancelled" and they tried charging me twice, and then told me I need to wait to have my money refunded to me. Total incompetence. I will be closing my account with them as soon as I get my money back. I am disgusted. Woolworths online is far better, and I will stick with them from now on.

NJ Naps
NJ NapsSydney, NSW

They didn't deliver and charged me 30$ in a cancellation fee

Worst experience, they called me and asked about cancelling and reordering the same since both parties couldn't meet at the correct pickup location and didn't mention anything about a cancellation fee. but out of nowhere I have no items and 30$ down for a 60$ order. The delivery person never contacted me directly where it could have sorted easily. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Taken my money

Su C.asked
Online

On 1 June 2021, I have emailed Coles Online customers care regarding my $20 refund as Coles didn't have enough stock but they have already charged my online purchase dated 21 May. I am still waiting for my refund after more than a week. Woolworths online is much better than Coles.

Has anyone has any issue with Coles online refund?

George1953
George1953

Good luck getting a $20 refund from Coles. Try phoning them.
Coles owe me $145 for a complete order they didn't delver. Consumer Complaints are now handling my case.

Su C.

I have checked my PayPal account, Coles has charged the correct amount (minus $20 for not enough stock) after packing of goods. PayPal emailed me regarding my authorisation of the full amount after Coles online purchase confirmation but PayPal didn't email me again for the lesser amount charged.

The Major
The Major

Same here, did an online order for $65 and they substituted some items which were not equivalent. The total order value was $58 which they refunded after I chased it up. The additional $7 is still outstanding though. No wonder they are doing so well, they are ripping people off all over the place. I have a family member who has had similar experience and had to wait about 8 weeks for a refund of $400 after they cancelled her entire order for no apparent reason.

Nate b
Nate basked
Online

Can I exchange an item in store that the online shopper got wrong for the item I ordered

andrew
andrew

dont know have you tried

Cyndy B.
Cyndy B.asked
Coles

Ok why can't i buy fresh Bananas from coles on an on line shop. it is really shitting me of!!

Rosie
Rosie

Yes u can buy fresh bananas from Coles, their skins are perfectly yellow, or even yellow and green take them home, good to eat in a few days, Cindy i hate over ripe bananas Cindy have i ihelped you

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Of?? Or do you mean Off?
How about you contact Coles directly and post the response.

Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives