Coles
2.5 from 1,926 reviews

milk is not fresh

the milk that is packed for online delivery is not fresh, while the fresh milk in store has a two weeks or more shelf life, the due date of the online orders is exactly 6 days which happens to be their policy and it goes off the next day which means we cannot keep any milk for the next day being a childcare center and we have to throw it away.

Too exspensive. Rubbish quality food. Over expired foods delivered. No toilet paper !!

Fairfield in Brisbane must have packers who cannot see. Fruit vegetables old . threw in bin. Eggs delivered expired two weeks ago ! R u serious. They ran out of toilet paper. Lol. I can't walk and Anzac day tomorrow so shops closed. A joke !

time wasting!!

I thought the whole point of online shopping was for convenience and save time, with two little kids its been nothing but a nightmare, took me 45mins to put all my items in as technical errors then I couldn't checkout and had to call customer service, guy was nice but sooooo slow 15mins with no resolution. Such a disappointment!!!

Garlos junior pies riddles with mould

Coles myer centre sold mouldy frozen pies Purchased Garlos Junior pies 22/04/19 purchased from myer centre Coles in Brisbane were riddled with mould and sold within date... notice buyer beware

Beautiful Fruit Outside - Rotten Inside

On the 18th of April 2019, I purchased nectarines at Coles in Curtin, ACT. I generally like to shop at Coles and especially at the Curtin shop as the service is very friendly and helpful. The produce is mostly fresh and well presented. Nevertheless, on the above-mentioned date, I purchased these wonderful and great looking nectarines, some were of the white flesh variety and the rest of the dark skin variety. For sure for a vegetarian, it is important to get fruit that is fresh and nice to eat. So, I thought in this case as well. I was really keen to have a nice feast on this superb-looking nectarines. And then it happened. - Opening up one of the nectarines, I got a bad shock. The inside was rotten and uneatable. I opened the other eight nectarines (four only photographed here) and the same disaster has happened. All of the nectarines looking so beautifully on the outside where rot and brown on the inside. Unfortunately, I could not go back to Coles as it was evening and on Good Friday the shop was closed. Tough luck for me!
As I am an incurable optimist, instead of having the wonderful nectarines myself, they became a feast for the worms in my recycle facility. What did I learn about this? The on the outside nice looking fruit maybe rather useless on the inside.
Is this not the same with people? The often beautiful looking ones, being done up on the outside, having sparkling souls maybe rather rotten and sinister on the inside. Write me a note if you had a similar experience, with the nectarines I mean.

Bad customer online service

I have shopped with Coles online for some years now, however on many of my shops (since January) I have had many items in my order either substituted (this is fine mostly. However some items I have had to take back to my local Coles for a refund or change the substitute) and some not available (in stock). My issue is the amount of products not in my orders is ridiculous, the consistency is bad, I have had anything from 6, 8 even 10 items missing. So this means I have make my way to a supermarket. Why bother shopping online then.
The quality of vegetables does not keep and is bad e.g. baby spinach with a use by date for 4 days time, needed to be thrown out the next day of delivery with soggy yellow leaves in packet this has happened on several occasions, I had pre cut pumpkin that had mould on the pieces.

I contacted Coles online customer service regarding my concerns re the outlet my orders are coming from. I received an email reply saying someone will be in contact within 5-10 working days. No one has contacted me so I emailed again as a courtesy ...... still waiting.

Bakery fail

I've been shopping at Coles for a number of years. Recently, I noticed that some of the rolls from the bakery section were giving me bad gas and bloating. Also, they no longer stock the Pane di Casa rolls individually in the glass case and you have to buy them in bulk (this is at the Cowes store). A few days ago, I again thought I'd give the pumpkin seed rolls (pack of 3) a try. I really regret it. All I had was one roll, and I had stomach pains, gas, diarrhoea and bloating just like the other times, only this time I couldn't really eat anything for the next few days. I feel like I've been poisoned. I don't know what Coles are putting in their rolls these days, but I am very disappointed and won't be buying bakery products from there again.

Half the order out of stock

I placed an online order Good Friday but an hour before it was delivered Saturday, on only the second day of Easter, fully half the order (eggs, steel-cut oats, prawns and many barramundi fillets) was 'discovered' to be out of stock. Yet they are still advertising the prawns and Barramundi on TV! Amateurish dishonest company. I won't shop online with them again.

Range of vegetarian products

Really appreciate the vegetarian labels on different products. Hopefully we will see even more coles products having vegetarian labels.
The customer service has also improved with time. Keep it up coles.

It is amazing cheese.

Quality and taste are fantastic. We were a Coon family, but the quality and taste dropped, so found the BEST alternative. Taste, quality and price are exceptional. We are converts.

Best Hot Cross buns EVER...2

Thank you Coles for producing the absolute BEST Hot Cross Buns I've EVER had and also for the remarkable use of All Australian fruit ...Your Bakery Products are just the best along with your range of quality COLES HOME BRAND goods ...So well done COLES and keep it up ...Very happy customer ....Rob Lang , Sth Australia...

Don't waste your time or money!

I had a coles e-giftcard ($200) which I tried to use at 4 different registers (at 2 different stores), but none would accept the e-giftcard ...both the one on my phone or the printed out version. Staff also had no idea what to do as well. So had to pay with an alternative means - using valuable funds which had been allocated to other things

I contacted the customer service line, who told me that only the last 17 digits were required to be entered in at checkout to use the card. So, armed with that knowledge I went back to coles to do my weekly shop....only to find at the checkout that the card wouldn't scan (unsurprisingly) and also that the 17 digits weren't correct either....I demanded to speak to store manager, who had never heard of using only the 17 digits, but did, in the end, manage to put my purchases through

But once it had gone through, it told me the available balance was only $5something .....totally incorrect as every other time it hadn't gone through. What had happened was that It had gone through previous times, but said it hadn't. I was furious....Coles had basically stolen the money off me by making me pay twice for the last couple of lots of groceries

In all fairness, the store manager did sort it out for me (took a fair while, but he did get it there in the end).

Basically, if you value your sanity, time and money, don't buy Coles e-giftcards!!! Woolorths ones are much more reliable and easy to use

Best supermarket

The cost of items in Coles are a bit lesser as compared to other supermarkets. I have been going to Coles for all my daily needs products. It has been really helpful to find all house products in a single place

Like my local Coles

I love that I always find fresh bread and produce there. Sometimes on Saturday's it can get quite busy there but all in all happy. Very clean store as well.

Terrible online service

Bought some items on Coles eBay store and as usual with eBay, I paid up front via PayPal. I later get an email to say some quantities were not available and that a refund will be issued in 4-5 days.
Three weeks later, no refund. I ring Coles and they say eBay will automatically do the refund and that it was out of their hands. I then rang eBay and they say they can't refund until Coles raises a refund notice with them.
I had no option but to raise a claim through eBay to get my refund. Normally when I get a refund, the eBay store just does it via PayPal but with Coles, they take no responsibility whatsoever.
Coles online services is a joke and they make the customer do all the running around to get their money back. I will never use Coles online again.

worst supermarket and getting even worse than before now

the staff atttudie and service is quite rude, I was just asking a single question about the item is priced by quantity or weight, it turns out their price tags are quite close and confusing me. I don't know what they are thinking, it appears their service was never getting better. My last time shop at coles.

Good quality and price

I do my fornightly shopping at Cole's and I am never let down good customer service and great prices for great food. The nappies I use for my daughter they are good too the Huggies give her a rash so I tried them and they work and so much cheaper.

Waste of time

I started online shopping for 1st time with Coles as I have a baby. I just needed to buy baby formula, upon checkout it asked me to spent another xx amount to make up 50$ At checkout...as I shopper why would spent more than what I require.

I have no issues with other big brands while shopping then why only Coles have this silly requirement. M sure shopper would try to save here and there not ended up buying unwanted things to make up $50 @ checkout. Very inconvenient and unpleasant.

Lack of home delivering

I joined up to have my products delivered to my home and when I tried to get it delivered, I couldn't get my products until Thursday. Not good enough ! !
Then a sign came up saying you couldn't deliver my product to my address.? Again, not good enough.
160 Park Road; Maryborough. 3465. Maybe about 3 kms away from your store.
This service is crap. I've just have Heart Surgery and I though this would be a great idea. Wrong! ! I can't drive for 2 weeks.
Am I angry? Bloody oath I am.
I think I'm going to have to change supermarkets after going to you for 5 years now and this is the little service I get.
For this, you don't rate a star at all ! !

Why have this service if you can't use it.

Grating voice on nerves

Just wanted to say that the woman's voice in the ads is VERY high pitched and grating. Couldn't you have found a better voice.
Spare my ears please and her voice lol.

I would like to know why whiskas pack for cats has gone up from $7.oo to $11.00 it is quite a price hike which means i might have to swap to a cheaper brand
The reason has been reported in the newspapers.swap it for a cheaper brand whiskas has gone up everywhere not only in coles

I would like to enquire as to whether the 'roast pork' I bought yesterday is indeed pork.It was dark,no crackling and tasted like corned beef.
How would the public know? I can sure tell the difference. Either the packing was wrong or you erred. As this is a review site I would check with the store. Please post back the outcome and store name.the roast pork i bought was pork.

What specifically is the problem with online order deliveries at the Kensington ,Bundaberg QLD.,4670 store. My last two orders over a period of 2 weeks have failed (i was advised at the last minute before delivery time that due to technical issues this was not possible . I then cancelled order.All i want is an explanation . If this is not forthcoming i will change to Woolworths even though i am a relatively longterm Coles online customer and have had no problems until now ,thank you.
Good idea as Coles don’t answer herewoolworths are no better if you dont want problems just go to the store & do your own shopping problem solved

Similar listings