Colonial First State

• Rates and Fees
RonS

RonSSydney, NSW

been with colonial 23 years & it's all good

I started with colonial in 1997 with my super in 100% Geared Australian shares ever since that date & now many years later my super has grown into a very substantial amount. Did a switch along the 24 years way way to their Wholesale product but still 100% geared Australian Shares all the way. Of course because it's a geared product there was some very big dips during the Global Financial Crisis & during the COVID scare but it's always recovered in time & powered through for a very good overall long term result (remember super is supposed to be long term; right?).

Greg S.

Greg S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Brilliant

Its a fantastic website, excellent range of funds to choose from with very low fees. They picked up an error by one of the managers I invested in and gave me a credit and I didn't even ask or pick this up myself. Staff in the call centre are very professional. More than I can say compared to my Kinetic (Rubbish) super I used to be invested in before hand. Not the cheapest but you pay for what you get...

Alex

AlexSydney, NSW

Waist of money and time.

Just terrible fund. Very high rates, poor investment strategies and total lack of responsibility for your money. I have been with them for 3 years. They do not care about your asserts growth or defence but rather prefer fully waist it with all the confidence and arrogance.

erinpmf

erinpmfSydney, NSW

FRAUDULENT AND UNCONSCIONABLE BEHAVIOUR

Oh this an Australian made scam at its finest

Waclaw

Waclaw

Disappointing, unprofessional, arrogant

SLAussie

SLAussieMelbourne

Negative 4.63 growth rate at end of first year

3y with them. Not happy at all. You loose your money at the end of the day!!!! ? Transparency ? rates and ? investment all questionable. Instead of growing money loosing is sure!!!

Danny

DannyMid North Coast, NSW

Worse than Telstra!

Three months in and still they have not released our money. Have rang and emailed numerous times to no avail. It is my opinion that they deliberately implement stalling tactics to milk more admin fees.

Goobr

GoobrSydney, NSW

Took forever to open an account and they put the money in the wrong fund

It took 5 months to open an account. Calling 3 times along the way. At the end of that they put my money into the wrong fund! I had to submit 4 paper documents. All to have my money put into a high fee option that I didn't want, having to call 2 more times to get it in the right option. Quite possibly the worst, most incompetent super company in Australia.

Darren

DarrenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Care factor of 0

Disgusting customer service, they almost cost me 20k and couldn't care less. Wasted my time over and over. 10 calls to date and counting, still cant sort it out - hopeless and no-one there cares

Mr potato head

Mr potato headSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rogues

I believe it's money I will never see.My employer sign me up for high growth years ago should be called no growth financial crisis lost $8,000 I get I get a measly measly interest return each month not even a hundred dollars and now it's getting close to getting my money outThey wan't signed certified copies of everything. With very strict conditions about the documents in the way they're formatted it's just total crap because I gave them all my ID information when first signed up.

Alan T.

Alan T.Perth, WA

Unbelievably bad communication

I'm convinced that there's a department within CFS that does nothing else but take simple issues, that need to be communicated to investors, and entangle them in gibberish.
All communications from CFS are full of mistakes and contradictions which leaves you to try and contact them to find out what they are actually trying to communicate.
You then come across what is everyone's favourite current excuse - COVID-19.
Get over it, most restrictions have been dropped. Your people can answer the phone.

anon

anon

Investing - really bad decision

Worst customer service experience. They made an error and have cost me a lot of money and have taken no responsibility. They won't call me - despite asking them numerous times. I wouldn't recommend opening an investment account with them.

Ben

BenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Dismal Customer Service and Responsibility

Poor Customer Service, Staff are either that inept or have poor training, information was inconsistent and inaccurate, they would rather lie to you so that they don't have to deal with the problem, there is no escalation point. They refuse to let you speak with a manager. COVID super payouts were intentionally delayed, they dragged their feet to take as long as possible to pay out. And was well over the allocated 5 days paid out on day 11. 0 faith or thrust in this brand now, they cannot be trusted and do not have members best interests at heart, only the shareholders.

Jose Carrillo

Jose CarrilloSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible management of assets during the covid 19 crisis.

A very questionable superfund. I lost almost 30% of my superannuation due to their incompetence. Fortunately for me, I am 29 yo, therefore, only lost a couple of thousands, I feel sorry for the elder people. I withdrew all my funds.

I will not recommend this superfund to anyone, under any circumstances.

Julian

JulianPerth, WA

Absolute crap

Was placed with these guys by my workplace and it has been terrible. Just setting up an account is abysmal. They don't respond to emails or have a call back service, the waiting time is ridiculous. Their solution? send a bunch of mail to you until you become inundated.

Alan

AlanPerth, WA

Difficulty dealing with Colonial

I am finding going with these guys to be the worst decision. Have been working through setting up account with them for nearly two months, get letters for requests for information they have been supplied. Finally get it set up 3 weeks ago, still waiting for password in the mail. They had the wrong address, fixed the address, they send confirmation of change of address out to the wrong address. Have spent 45mins on the phone twice a day for the last week and cant get through. Can't wait to get access to allow me to strip my money out asap and put it down to a bad choice/experience

Jeremy Dawson

Jeremy DawsonKambah 2902, ACT

appalling lazy unhelpful service

Zoe

ZoeSydney, NSW

Very poor communication/ handling

My ex-employer set up an account for me and i tried transferring to other super fund and closing my current account finding that they spelled my name wrongly. They immediately changed this in and notified CFS about this. However, now when i speak with them they need me to fill form, send it via post ( their lack of digital is big so don't expect anything than manual) and go to GP or a lawyer to verify it's my name and send it back to them with my ID even though i have not set up account,nor made a mistake and this was also fixed by my ex-employer. Just avoid this super fund as one small mistake will cost you so much of your time that it comes to our citizen experience being so poor.

Thieves!

I went through the process of getting my super early due to financial hardship, they sent the forms, I filled them out and sent them back. then they sent them back to me asking me to cross a T or dot an "I"... almost literally. it was something as stupid and simple as that... I think I had to send them 3 times.
And all those times cost me an administration fee, this super company is dodgy and I hope they go bust.