Commonwealth Bank Life Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Life Insurance

New Standard for Incompetence

Every year when I receive my renewal notices, there will be at least one mistake. One year I received 12 copies of the renewal notices for 4 policies. Every year I receive my renewal notices, every year I make my usual call to the Call Centre, every year I make a complaint, every year they apologise and agree to advise their supervisor, and then every year there is another mistake. Incompetence has a new standard and it is Comminsure.

Insurance claim madeNo
After ongoing frustration with Comminsure, I cancelled 4 x policies. Unfortunately I had to keep one policy open as it is too difficult to get coverage at present and sure enough, Comminsure screwed it up again. I received a 'Demand Letter' for non payment of the one policy that had been amended. The 'Help Desk' explained this off as 'it always happens with cancelled policies, it is just the system'. This attitude is indicative of a non progressive, non helpful organisation that needs a significant cultural change in its systems methodology and attitude of its staff. At least they are consistent - consistently incompetent.

Receiving someone elses mail 5 times even after returning mail twice and 3 separate phone calls advi

NO one took responsibility to implement changes. Out of community service I needed to advise CommInsure this person never lived at this address and his insurance was probably in jeopardy as we were receiving his mail.
Poor bloke assuming he had life insurance, unaware his policy was expiring.This happened 5 times over a period of 6 months! I returned the mail twice and rang the next 3 separate times to advise CommInsure. Each time I was told it must be a computer error and it would be sorted out. NEVR HAPPENED. Lets hope the problem is fixed, I don't receive anymore of his mail and he is aware his insurance expired!

Perfect service. It was easy to fill in the paperwork and the benefits paid were exactly as stated in the easy-to-understeand policy. No runaround.
Easy to claim straight forward process. My claim was paid in less than a month. The benefits were exactly as stated. No runaround.
none. (It would be great if it were cheaper, but I believe you get what you pay for and I'm happy to pay for this service.)