MPN: EM720CRL(F)-PM

See the Best Microwaves in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cheap and Nasty

I am a computer tech with over twenty years experience, still yet to figure out the controls???? a cheap and nasty system that I will be donating to the op shop ASAP!

Noise Level

Contempo microwave from big w

Great microwave for budget price.
Can complete everyday cooking task such as heating, cooking and defrosting. I usually steam my vegetables and sometime make curries using the microwave and have had no trouble it cooks really well.
The touch screen buttons and controls are good however there is one thing I have you have to press the power button to set time too cook and then start, I did find this difficult for my first time and it took my teenage daughter a couple months to figure out.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Just for survival

This is not my favourite microwave. It doesn't last long. From my memory, I used it for 2 years before it broke. The compartment was small and the quality was mediocre. But of course, it was cheap hence it's popular. For me though I rather save more money and buy a better microwave.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Going to donate this to the op shop asap!

Just bought a unit and this was left behind, after trying to use it I can now see why, I am yet to figure out the control panel to just heat something up for a quick minute???Yyou can easily get lost in the control information overload. I am going to donate this to the op shop asap!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

a good all rounder

although i'm yet to fully use it(just bought it this morning(26/6/18)i'm yet to see exactly what it does/doesn't do.since i live independantly in a share house environment,it now replaces the black and decker(no longer with us)800 watt microwave oven.can't wait to fully use it.oh,the price $48.00 from BIGW mouny ommany.the features look easy and basic to use.The old one had no features for e.g. there was no quick start which was a separate button press,the defrost and and quick defrost selections were separate again which you had to input manualy.big difference in technology.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Not worth it

This is the second contempo microwave that I have bought from big w, I bought this second one as I was happy with the last model we had but this product does not work well at all. It cuts off after heating for maybe a maximum of 5minutes and takes over 10minutes to turn back on. The controls are hard to use and sometimes buttons don’t work. Overall bad quality.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Perfect and cheap!

Highly recommend this!! I bought this because of good reviews. And I absolutely agree with it. It is easy to use and easy to clean inside and outside as well. Of course I'm satisfied with cooking results. It's not loud when using it. I think it's appearance is nice too.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Reliable. Economical Choice

This microwave might be cheap, but it is reliable and does the job. I bought one for myself and one for my two daughters. I use it daily and it is quiet and does the job. It is easy to clean, but it does build up quite a bit of condensation during the cooking process. It is also easy to set the clock and cooking times. I like that I can just press the quick start button to increase the cooking time in small increments.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Cheap but reliable

My dad bought this for me for $49 and although it is small, it's a great reliable microwave. I use it for quickly heating up bottles, food and it defrosts well. The manual that comes with it seems a bit confusing but I just figured it out on my own. It is very simple to use.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Does the job, value for money

Perfect for a cheap microwave. Smaller than I thought, but worth the $48. Being a single mum of 2, I needed something cheap and relatable and this does the job. I love the quick start selection, allowing it to heat in 30 second lots, perfect for warming my daughters bottles.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great little microwave

I love this microwave it's small tidy and sleek. It is so easy to use for heating defrosting and adjusting the power that even my husband can figure it out! It's easy to clean and doesn't make to much noise and it is still loud enough to easily be able to hear the beep when food is ready.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good mircowave

I purchased this microwave as I didn't want to spend too much.. I found that this microwave measures up to the LG microwave I was using prior. It's a good size, high wattage to ensure food heats up in little time & still looks good because of it's stainless steel appearance, plus really easy to use with push button & turn wheel features. Only $99 from Big W, I'm impressed!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Micro wave,Macro value.!

I bought this microwave 2 years ago and ever since the purchase of it I have been completely been very happy with its performance & reliability.the buttons and settings are made very easy for use and it also has a digital clock display.great machine always provides well heated/cooked meals in no time.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Reasonable - could be bigger though

I brought this microwave for a 1 bedroom self-contained flat that is occasionally used by visiting family. The unit is good quality, is well put together, and well priced - but is a little bit on the small side, even for 1 or two people. Is good for defrosting small quantities but not much else.

Date PurchasedDec 2016