Costco

Costco shopping experience

Really enjoy shopping here excellent products and prices as well as great customer service. It can take a bit of getting used to but when you get the hang of it you can save a lot of money and get great products

Ann

AnnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not what I expected

Not that cheap actually some items are dearer than elsewhere. I feel very sorry for poor cashiers having to stand on their feet for duration of their shift..Give them the chair..I’d like to see top managers standing on their feet all day.

Amanda.C

Amanda.CPerth, WA

Worst experience ever!!

Anne

AnneSydney

Bread that doesn’t taste like Aussie bread

Bread that doesn’t taste like Aussie bread
Bought a big bag of small bread rolls
Very disappointing
Horrible taste ! Baker needs to change ingredients

Store LocationAuburn
Eddy

EddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Delivery service is worthless

Joined Costco principally to purchase a rowing machine they advertised. After joining, found out that Forest Lakes store does not have the item available. Attempted to order online only to find they refuse to deliver anywhere near us, even though we are only 25km north of Brisbane.
Have found that there are some items that are very cheap, but it seems that goods that we prefer are expensive - waste of money except for the cheaper fuel.

Not good at all

They don't answer calls. They made sit and wait for nothing perth drivers on eastern Friday, when we call to find out whether the gas station gonna be open, they didn't pick up their phone..we're about 50 drivers waiting for hours. That's a worst customer service never had.

Nazim

NazimPerth, WA

Pay pay & pay

Pay 1: Such a massive store and takes time to shop and end up paying parking fees... What a shame.

Pay 2: Trolleys, yeah if you want them, insert a coin. In 2020 we will have flying cars... And coined trolleys.. shame

Pay 3: Membership for $60, really.. shame again..

Pay 4: And on top of that all not all products are fairly priced. You can find some stuff cheaper at other stores..

Cris

CrisSydney, NSW

Appalling - Costco Casula Management

Your store at Costco Casula advertise on the internet Opening and Closing Hours. As we are working people who is prepared to spend money and a paid member of your store. At one Saturday as I am a working person came in at your store right on the dot 6pm rushing to get before closing hours as advertised at 6:30. I turned up at your front door 6Pm only to be told it’s close. Why do you put on the internet that you close at 6:30 if you are already blocking people that wanted to come in at 6pm . Just to grab a quick item. Your shop should review as what it means are false advertising. If you advertise closing time at 6:30 you should stop people coming in at 6:30 not 6Pm.. .

Disgusting but yet you guys are quick to ask to renew membership ...

wato

watoSydney, NSW

cheaper at dan murphys

I always compare prices before buying at Costco, yet again its quicker and cheaper for me to go to dan murphys and buy a bottle of jack Daniels or vodka than Costco. Whatever happened to Costco having lower prices? I thought that's why I pay a $60 annual fee! And to top it off you can't email them to complain. How convenient!

Store Locationauburn

Walls-have-ears

Walls-have-earsSydney, NSW

Employee using offensive language

Visited Costco today. Two persons who seemed to be tyre installers were standing together and one was talking loud on his mobile phone using extremely vulgar Panjabi severe words which was annoying to us as we were standing very close to them and understood the language.

Toni P

Toni P

Water Saturated Chicken

First time buying chicken fillets from Costco. Cooked it in my usual recipe and had almost a litre of water come out, making it a soup! Chicken was so unsavoury and rubbery! Won’t be buying any meat from there again. Feel it is a deceitful and contemptuous profiteering practice.

Chris

ChrisSydney, NSW

Worst tyre centre.

Warning. Costco Marsden Park Tyre centre worst kind of time waster. Check in car for tyre rotation prior to 11.45am today. And pay in advance. Informed to come back in 1.5 hr. Got a call at 1.06pm that both front tyres not safe to be rotate to the back tyres. Should have told us when we check instead if waiting 1.5 hours wasted for nothing. Absolutely disappointing service.

elle49

elle49perth

A bit like Alcatraz

guo c.

guo c.Sydney, NSW

Missing part from product.Worst customer service

Bought a big cat tree in Marsden park but there is a missing part. Called the store and sent email with photos as directed but nothing happened after three days. Went to store In person to ask for the missing part .They require me to give back the big item back. It’s been assembled already and I showed them the photo. And they refused to pay the postage as well. It looks like having a missing part is my fault. Poor service and unfriendly staff. Very disappointed

Lilly

LillyMelbourne

Customer satisfaction

I presume Costco don’t factor in “customer satisfaction” in their business model. My daughter travelled some distance to purchase items she needed only to be rejected at the checkout because our membership had expired 12 hours earlier. She asked if she could just purchase these as she was already at the checkout, with staff giving a firm NO. Ironic that I didn’t ask for a refund of my membership during Covid when I didn’t have access to the store for months because I had compassion on how difficult it must be for these businesses.
Another form of greed by a large multi national where $$$ is their only consideration. Does Australia really need companies like these acting in such an un Australian way. I don’t think so.

brilea72

brilea72

Totally frustrating

hbomb

hbombCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Very poor service

Some time ago I bought a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin because its price was lower than at Dan Murphy. But on checkout I was charged a higher price. It took 15 mins at customer service to reach the head of the queue and then another 15 mins for the refund of the difference to be made. Both staff who dealt with the issue were sullen throughput and offered no apology: rather they left the impression that I was the problem rather than their system. Their bureaucratic checking was truly Soviet style, which goes with the examination on departure.
Today I tried to call for advice on how to handle a very heavy item. Their phone menu offers no relevant option. Nobody answered. I will go to Bunnings.

Sisi D.

Sisi D.Western Australia

Very bad

The service are very very bad you can use your family card to shop. what that is very very bad

Mugunth

MugunthGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Membership is worth every penny

If you have a car and change the tyres once in 3 years, you get back your membership money just on that. (I saved about $210)

On top of this, petrol (U98) is usually 40 to 55c cheaper than outside (Costco sells Caltex IIRC)

Most groceries are good, the fresh produce should be avoided. It’s too big and you end up wasting more than half of it (we are a family of 3)

Eggs are significantly cheaper, spices too are significantly cheap.

On Electronics, I’ve heard good things about Costco’s no questions asked return policy, although I haven’t returned any.

Products on special were out of stock

I went there this afternoon for some products on special on the coupon 28.01-31.01.But they were all sold out, and new stock will come next Monday or Tuesday.What's the point for the special but no stock?It really wasted my time,I am very disappointed.