Costco

Petrol savings over the year make it worth the $60 fee

As the heading suggests I generally save $7-10 filling up at costco fuel per tank

Yeah buying in bulk maximises the savings, but even the the bulk items you need to calculate if it’s cheaper than Coles or woolies, you’ll need to know what’s worth it and what’s not when buying there.

Like CK business shirts for $19.99 are worth it

As the whingers will talk about $60 annual fee, unfriendly staff, packed on weekends, have to buy in bulk, waiting for petrol, to pay or to get service or their membership cards / photo.
To simply avoid this come in during weekdays or if you need to go weekends come in when coatco opens in the morning. simple as that, and you’ll have a positive experience unlike some of the complainers you’ll read about here.

Don’t listen to them, customer service is overrated in these time poor days, if you can’t figure it out yourself (read the how to signs, observe other people) and let the Costco staff do their thing you will be fine.

worth it for tyres, fuel, specials.

The $60 a year is a great deterrent to a lot of complainers, hopefully they don’t renew their memberships which would make it one less person to see at Costco next time I go there.

Store LocationMorrabbin

Ideal for those who understood costco policy

I felt compelled to put my 2 cents share on here after reading some bad reviews about Costco.

Firstly, $60 membership. Costco has clear policy... don’t do it if you don’t see the advantage of bulk buying. If you cannot afford to get a membership card or less likely to visit Costco, then don’t become a member.

Second, poor customer service are everywhere in Australia! Go to Bunnings for example.

Third, I hope for Costco to add more products like Clear and Free for sensitive skin (laundry).

Fourth, Costco fuel ofcourse will be long queue as its cheap. If you don’t want to wait for refund or change of your fuel, go to non Costco petrol station and pay more!

I think Costco gives our local grocery a good competition because we are being ripped off well and truly!

Store LocationIpswich

They want you to pay before you can use their store?

This kind of store should be illegal in QLD. You have to pay to even go inside the store. Then everything in the store is like double the price of Coles or Woolworths. I wonder how much money the premier was given to allow this nasty company into our state.

Crazy fuel system!

I have been a Costco member for nearly 12 months and do not propose to renew membership.
I have found the petrol filling system ridiculous. Yes the fuel is cheaper - certainly comparable to the rewards system with supermarkets, but there is invariably a long wait at the pumps. When you get there, it is self serve requiring your Costco card and credit card, but YOU CAN'T JUST FILL UP! You have to pick $25-, $50- etc. If your car won't take the amount you have selected, they state they will give you credit on your bank account! Crazy talk! Why not just let you fill up like every other self serve in Australia?
Inside Cosco the few staff there are helpful, but pity help you if you want advice on a TV or computer. No-one around. Other products are hard to find. They need aisle signs or a card like Woolworths to find things. And let's hope you like the biggest peanut butter jar in creation or want to buy everything in bulk!
It could so easily be so much better!

Store LocationMoorabbin, Victoria, near the airport & DFO

What a waste of time and money

Really bad and humiliated customer experience. Have to stay in a queue for 50 min to get membership plastic card. And then stay in another queue to check my trolley before exit.
It was not at all cheap. Mostly everything was bulk and not practical.
I will not be renewing my membership once it expires.

Store LocationIpswich

Bridgestone tyres

Best price for my car tyres they the cheapest at costco then anywhere else. Bought 4 tyres and booked time and they did my car while shopping and u can always take to xheck the air in the tyres

Store LocationCasula

Great Place to Shop

The Service provided by the Staff is exceptional. The product range is very very transient and there is a regular turnover of range.
The BBQ Chicken is the best value I have found. Their Take Home Pizza is fantastic.

Store LocationBundamba

Poor Customer Service

With their new store opening in Bundamba some 22 kms from my place I thought I'd go and check out their products and prices. I was advised that I had to join up before I could do this at a cost of $60. This I did on line some 3 weeks prior to their store opening. One week after opening I decided to go an collect my card and do some shopping. I took with me my confirmation email receipt for the $60. After waiting in line for 45 minutes I got to the admissions counter where after much discussion I was advised that they had no record of my joining. The fact that I showed them the email receipt, carried no weight at all and I was told I would have to pay another $60 to continue into their store. This I declined and was then told to"take it up with Head Office" when I got home. Several emails and phone calls and some days later, Costco advised me that they would process a refund to my credit card. To date the credit has not appeared. Extremely poor Customer Service by the Bundamba staff who not interested in helping me despite the official receipt. Not much better from H O either.

Store LocationBundamba Qld

Best pricing for tyres

I shopped around for a set of tires in the city and found that Costco had by far the best price on Michelin with their $100.00 off on four tires promo.
Even if this promo wasn’t there, they were still the lowest price. Interestingly when I called back to a few other retailers and told them Costco price, the only reason they gave me was “Costco needs membership”
Even with a $60.00 yearly membership, it’s still worth it.
Angelo and his team at the center did a fantastic job in getting the install completed. Thank you.

It is what it is!

Costco make their money on incidental purchases but if you know what you are looking for and check prices on your phone, you can save a lot of money. We made up our membership fee after just two visits and we have only gone four times in the whole year.
The staff have all been very friendly to us and we were given the option of a refund after our first visit because as the membership lady said, "Costco isn't for everyone!" I love the way that they pack the trolley for me ...(Take note Woolworths and Coles).
Yes, I agree that some (not most) of the customers are pushy, as they are in any such crowded environment including markets etc, and there's barely any room in the aisles for the oversized, fully laden carts to pass each other. To be fair, I fully understand why staff and other customers might get grumpy if people allow their children to run around unsupervised (and I say that as parent of young children who understands the temptation to let them run around too).
I was going to get tyres from Costco for the car, however, I had to phone them for a quote and they only offered a limited choice of more expensive brands. They then expected me to go in person to order the tyres and go back a week or so later when the tyres came in for the fitting. As I do not live locally and they didn't stock the brand I wanted, I found it was much cheaper and quicker to get my preferred brand of tyres fitted locally the next day. Again, it's a case of being aware, as with any other store.

Service provided to costumers

Okay so I came to Costco with my family to get some appetisers and have some food tastings, it was a huge disappointment. Can you please tell me how on a day we’re theres not a special occasion your shop is full of testers and when we’re shopping for Easter you don’t have one food tester like seriously this was a bad experience, also Why is your Staff throwing our groceries like there playing catch With us like can they be bothered to “place” our shopping If they know what that means..?

abysmal product management and customer service

I bought a TV there yesterday. When I opened the box later yesterday, the plastic bag containing components was already ripped open with power cord missing and the battery already inside the remote. So I went back to the store to exchange it today. I explained the situations and the staff responded to my query mechanically. I wanted to exchange it with the same TV with all the components inside but she said they could only refund it and I need to buy a new item. But refunded money didn't come through my bank account straight away and the staff said it might take a couple of business days depending on bank. I don't understand why they could take the money straight away when I buy the product but it could take a couple of days when they refund it.
I was frustrated by the fact that the staff there responded in a mechanical attitude and said sorry without even looking at me and she didn't look like she meant it. I asked for the store manager and she responded in a similar way. She didn't seem to understand how hard it was for me to understand something like this could happen - a company like Cosco could sell already-opened product with missing components. It seemed to me that even if they made this appalling mistake, they think that all they should do was just refunding it.
They didn't care about how frustrating it is for a customer like me to find out that Costco sold this kind of product so that I had to pack the 65'' TV back into the box, load back into the boot and drove all the way back to Costco just to exchange the next day, then found out that Costco's policy was not to exchange but to refund it which takes a couple of days.
I asked the manager how could they sell TV suspected to be already opened and missing some components and she said that they would investigate. I asked her to inform me the progress of the investigation but she said that she is not required to do so and wouldn't let me know. So I asked her for Costco headquarters' complaint contact but she gave me Ringwood store's membership team's contact details only.
Afterwards, I went inside the store again to check and buy the same TV and found out the packaging of other products (the same TV) is different from what Costco had sold me yesterday - sticky taped only on top and two hard straps covering the box around. What I got yesterday from Costco was with lots of tapes around all top and bottom sides without plastic straps.
I inquired with the duty manager why the product I bought was missing some components with different packaging, suspecting they might have put returned product without checking properly whether all components are inside the box. The manager repeatedly claimed that they wouldn't sell returned products without notes on it and the manufacturer might have sent wrong product. But any person with common sense would think that it is more probable Costco put out this product with other new items by mistake or on purpose.
I was so frustrated by their attitude unable to express their apology and delayed refund after selling a faulty product in the first place and just left there not buying the TV I intended to purchase.
After I left Costco, I went to another electronic store and bought the same product. When I opened the box, I realised that the TV I bought at Costco was also missing 3 more protective foams in the box as well.
They should properly manage their products before selling to customer, train their staff to respond customer's complaint in a more sympathetic way and arrange refund to be processed straight away.

Perfect store for big families

Wonderful product line, excellent customer service, always diverse range of products available. Very friendly staff members, always there to help, specials are great to buy when available, really value for money for the membership. Fuel is good quality.

Store LocationCanberra Airport

really good customer service

I have experienced really good customer service at Costco. after paying my blueberry, I dropped on the floor. One of the staffs come alone and asked me if they could exchange another box of blueberry for me. I refused as this is my fault. However, they make me feel valuable

Store Locationcanberra

Random Price hikes Weekends & Rude Customers/Staff

I do not think I've ever been to a place where I absolutely dread having to go due to the sheer amount of rudeness that goes in in Costco carparks alone. Not only from the staff, but the customers. I have never had a problem with the Customer Service inside Costco, they have been superb! Simply the people outside that pick up trolleys. Customers shoving others about are rude. The prices are always and I mean always cheaper during the weekday trade. However every single time I go on a weekend, the prices are randomly higher. Extremely strange. Have been a member now for 2 years and will continue to be one, however, Costco need to get a grip on those rude staff outside with the trolleys. Some people can't move as fast as others due to injury and need to be a little patient if possible.

Store LocationMoorabbin, Victoria

Love this place. Wish there were more in Australia

Pricing for many food and electronics items is hard to beat. I always go with a plan to spend a certain amount but that gets blown away when I see all the other great stuff they have for sale. You can easily recoup the membership fee in the first month. Not sure why they charge a fee really but we enjoy coming here often. Wish they had more Costco warehouses in QLD

Store LocationBRISBANE

Need to report to Brisbane QGSC #Very bad customer experience and Racism in NorthLake Costco

Hi Executive team of Costco Northlake store,
This is Wendy, I went to your store this morning at around 10:30am and prepare to pay at around 11:40am.
But I got stopped because of me using my friend’s card.

I was told that it’s not OK and I did want to open my new card when I understood your very strict policy, until I heard one of your cashier laughing very loudly and said to her so-called manager: "Hahaha I got another one! I got it! “

At that moment, I was ashamed being treated like a “thief" and she, who dressed in Green and pregnant, treat herself and the team as “Police”.
What kind of the service employee attained their qualify work permit by treating customers as “thief”?

The most unbelievable thing is: The woman took my friend’s card and stated it like she was the Queen “your friend have to pick this card by herself ! You are not allowed to take it!” What right do you have to take another person’t private property?!

Am I a customer? YES! I have over 300AUD goods in my card and willing to pay!

Was I going to pay to be your member? YES ! I drove 40KM to be here and willing to shop more in the future.

What turned my mind? The attitude! The insult !

I am a postgraduate student of UQ studying hospitality, and I have a course name “service management” and I exactly know what negative feedback will cause a company eventually. I also know customer experience is the most important thing to a service industry. I will share this experience with my colleague, my peers and my teachers about what is “BAD and Humiliated customer experience. “

I also talk to my friends who have lived in Brisbane for many years, and they told me that Northlake Costco have a female staff who is famous for aiming at Asian faces and make particular inspections on Asian group. The woman also famous for very tough at not doing any reasonable return and refunds just because they are Asian. This is racism! But although this is just word-of-mouth, but what happened today makes me really believe in it.

I will also write a report to customer service department of Queensland-Brisbane QGSC, and state what happened today. I will put this case as a priority of my study and I will need to be answered very properly.

Wendy

Store LocationNorthlakes

Worst Customer care

Worst customer service , arrogant and unfriendly guys at the Auburn store.
I was wondering the levels of customer care from Costco. With each level going up, they seem to be more hostile and arrogant. Frankly speaking, I have never experienced this kind of a behaviour anywhere in the world. Not seen any of the staff over there showing the minimum courtesy of even smiling to customers.

Friendly staff make a difference

Huge store, great prices and friendly helpful staff. Product queries and directions quickly addressed in a helpful manner. Range of big name and own brands. Other supermarket chains should be this helpful

Store LocationMarsden Park

The new packaging for the birthday cakes

Bring back the box, the new packaging doesn't do its job it can't even be kept sealed without popping open & ruining the icing.frustrating as 2 cakes went to waste because of this issue
Not happy