Crosley Collegiate CR6010A

Crosley Collegiate CR6010A

3.0 from 1 review · View Statistics
See the Best Turntables / Record Players in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Crosley Collegiate CR6010A? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.0
1 review
Brett234Perth

Better than you think

Let me start by saying I only paid $100 for this player. It has a decent solid feel with good sounding (if not loud) stereo speakers. It also has a decent quality Audio Technica stylus on it. A pretty standard tonearm which has an adjustable counterweight. The Collegiate is transportable with a built-in leather handle . Also USB to PC tranfer of your records.
I found the sound acceptable, quite a warm tone from my records.And surprise it doesn't damage your records.
I've had expensive sound systems in the past and this is fine by me.
If you want to go the full vinyl experience then this is not for you but if you want to just chill with a beer on a Sunday it's fine.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Donna F.asked

Hello.
I am looking to buy my 13 year old niece something like this. She is just getting into vinyls & I thought this may be a good start. I couldn't see on other pics but you stated it does have a carry handle/strap. Is the case basically plastic & power source via cord only? She probably wouldn't use the radio. Like how she can use bluetooth if wanted. Any other suggestions?
Cheers Donna

Brett234

Yeah it's plastic and only runs of 12v power cord. There's no radio or BT on this unit. But it's a good first record player with good speakers and a quality needle/stylus.

Cheers Donna