Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia

See the Best Booking Comparison-Only Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cruise1st Australia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Completed Yes (34) · No (88)
  • Price Accuracy

Rude response on my enquiry with cruise 1st

Unacceptable, rude response on an enquiry related to booking made through them. Some of them do not seem to have received any basic training on customer interaction. For me this unpleasant experience occurred on 27th June at around 13.10 PM when I wanted some details about some booking with Pacific Explorer. I hope this feedback reaches them.

Blue
BlueCentral Coast nsw

on Hold

Just spent 28 minutes on hold, finally got through only to be put back on hold as operator was unable to assist with general enquire, I followed all recorded prompts .

Nik
NikSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam artists.

Cancelled my trip due to covid, no refund over 2 years, they do not reply. simple don't deal with this guys and report them to ACCC, businesses like these shouldn't be operating if their main priority is to take peoples money and ignore them.

Peter C
Peter C

Legelised Thief

We had paid a deposit for a cruise from New York to the Caribbean and connecting flights (over $6000.00 deposit)
we cancelled the trip rather then pay the final payment(5800.00) and hope Cruise1st would cancel and refund the full amount ,I think I made the right decision .
It took nealy 11 mouths to get some money back. We lost nearly $3000.00 and believe that was money that should have been refunded to us.
NEVER AGAIN would I concidering using Cruise1st for our travels.

Booking Comparison-Only Services

Find out how Cruise1st Australia compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

Ron
RonPerth, WA

TRAVEL SHARKS

In 2018 I booked a tour to China with these sharks (3 in our group). The tour wasn't quite what we wanted but we needed to juggle other travel to suite the dates. A few months later they advertised a similar tour which would match our holiday plans perfectly so we decided to swap tours. They advised it would cost a fee of $750 to change this was due to the need for them to cancel and rebook flights (so we accepted). Again a few months down the road (about a week before departure) I rang them to check the luggage allowances for our flight within China. They advised that they have not booked any of our flights within China. They could then not explain why they charged a fee of $750. No refund was provided. BE AWARE OF THIS TRAVEL PROVIDER.

Ced N
Ced NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service .

We have booked 7 of our 9 cruises thru Cruise 1st , always had great service and quick responses. We also had 2 cruises ( approx $ 25,000 AU ) booked in early 2020 when the pandemic hit, even though it took a few mths to get our refund we only lost $175 as the accommodation in Dubai would not refund. Will be using Cruise 1st again. Cedric

Thanks Cruise 1st- never again!

Cancelled cruise by P and O, funds were transferred to Cruise 1st in April 2021, emailed, no reply, chances are nil I think. I know times are tough, and I personally have already lost a bomb, but this is ridiculous. I won’t forget Cruise 1st!

Nikki
NikkiCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Give Me My Money Back!!!!!

They offered a cruise with a $8,375 deposit, balance due in 6 months (November). Took my bank details and called back in less than an hour so say we can’t honour the contract and need the balance within 7 days. When I refused to pay it they cancelled my cruise and when I finally got hold of them and they refused to cancel the bank transfer even though it was pending. Once the money had gone through it took ages to get them to process a refund and then they refuse to give the full amount back. I’m waiting to see if I get any back at all! Awful service! Great until they have your money! Be careful!!!!

Thomso
ThomsoQueensland

Still waiting for refund

We purchased a cruise in February 2020 which was to sail in April 2021 but was cancelled by the cruise line in December 2020. Still waiting for the refund from Cruise 1st? can only email and was told to wait 45 days, then 3 months and still no refund. Seems like they are heading for closure and no intention of refunding our money. Have also been told that Royal Caribbean have refunded Cruise 1st but this hasn't been passed on.

Slow inflexible service. Rude. No refund after 6 months

They cancelled my holiday and 6 months later still waiting for my promised refund. They insist you can only email and not phone? Will only deal with a local travel agent in future

KStanley
KStanleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor service

Still waiting for refunds for 2 cruises refunded to cruise 1st by Celebrity Cruises, always given the sob story about only a few days a week working and only a few staff whilst they use our money to get interest from the banks etc. I will never use an agency again, celebrity refunded me very quickly for onboard spend so why can’t the agency, quick to take our money, slow to repay. Very disappointed .

Unhappy Jan
Unhappy JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unsatisfactory delays in refunds

Bondy
BondySouth East Queensland, QLD

forever to get paid

Had a claim with Cruies 1st for cruise and air flights they kept stretching the time for the refund then I finally get it and do my math and I am $700 short after already loses they claim for cancellation.
I send them a query as to why the missing funds and they tell me that is money from MSC cruise lines and that I will have to wait another 18-22 weeks for that refund.
There was no mention of the missing money when they paid me out only an amount without any mention of the $700, its only that I queried the pay out then all of a sudden they tell me there is more to come but have to wait the same period as for the last lot, can this company be trusted? not by me!

Not happy

Been phoning cruise 1st and was told it’s going to take 16 weeks for my refund.
I had already phoned carrabeen cruises a month ago and they said that they gave the refund to cruise 1st I am not very happy I will have to see if current affairs can do something about it.

No.3 Shirley
No.3 ShirleySydney, NSW

Rude customer service

Just called Cruise1st asking for group refund procedure. I told her (first name given to me) some members in our group may have communication problem in English, whether I can send an email with all the booking reference information to her. Then she has got very angry with me saying “this is a English speaking country we don’t employ staff who speak other languages..........”

Hans
Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D
Paul D
ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell
Anita Bunnell
Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap