Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia

See the Best Comparison-Only Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Be careful booking with Cruise 1st.

We have booked two cruises with Cruise 1st, First & Last, come across so professional, get your booking & money then write you off, no personal contact, say they will ring back but don't, couldn't care less about you, we will never use them again, we have booked another cruise with Deckchair Cruises with no problems like Cruise 1st who couldn't run a bath !!

Booking Type Cruise

Stay away, worst holiday ever!

We booked our holiday for Japan. They are very helpful at first until they get your money as many people have said. I've never been on a holiday where there is no transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to port even though they were all 1 hour apart. We didn't know that there were no transfers until 2 days before we were leaving Australia and when we called around to book transfers they were all full. So we looked at taxi it was going to cost us $350 USD each way. So we then realised we had to go by train which was incredibly difficult as trains are government and privately owned so they don't link up. We even had to catch different trains and walk with our suitcases for a km as well as hauling them up and down staircases because there is no lift at some if the stations. It would have been better to book the cruise ourselves. We even called them asking about why there were no transfers they said its not part of it and we asked if they could organise transfers tgey said they would send an email to us which never happened as they would have found exactly what we found no transfers left. Can't believe what we had to do to get to our hotel, port and airport especially wgen I was travellibg with my dad who is 76yrs old, very inconsiderate. We will never use this company again. Extremely disappointed!

very helpful staff member

Hi we would just like to recognise one of your staff members for her excellent service. We had booked two trips and had some questions we did call and speak to a staff member who had to call us back but got no reply, we phoned and spoke to Clara Cohen who gave us excellent service found out all the information and got back to us with answers to our question excellent service very rare these days in any field.
Regards
N&J Turner

Booking Type Cruise, Flights and Tour

Stay away from cruise1st

I was misled by Cruise1st right from the moment I received a call back from then. Inaccurate and misleading information and asked to pay in full for my booking even though their website indicated otherwise. I was allocated a pathetic cabin and was told that cabins are issued by cruise line. Their agent would not listen and would speak with a loud voice.
People do not book with Cruise1st.

Poor service

We found cruise 1st great till we had paid for every thing we booked transport from the hotel to the port which didn't arrive we waited from 9am (Their booked time }till 12md I then sent them an email stating we would taxi to the Port and would they look into why they hadn't arrived we then had our passports stolen from the boot of the taxi .as this was Thursday before Easter it was a disaster ,cruise 1st sent an email back days later saying the transport guy couldn't locate us so the cost stood the reception girls and staff were well aware of whom we were waiting for this was stupidity On visiting the Australian consulate for emergency passports we were told that the hotel cruise 1st booked us into was notorious for thievery ,we also met another couple at the consulate who had also lost their passports as well same hotel in the foyer ,also booked through cruise 1st ,so why put us there. As we were in Spain we had to be up 2am to call their office in Sydney the number put you on hold by the time you could speak to some one the call had dropped out .numerous emails and phone calls for copies of all our documents that had been stolen were stress full and mainly unproductive . we were also booked on a shuttle in Singapore again organized by cruise 1st the fellow arrived on time but cruise 1st hadn't supplied him with a list of names there was over 40 of us and he had no idea who went where he spent more time yelling on the phone I would expect many more reviews on this fiasco .We have dealt with many travel agents will never use this one again Yvonne

Rocky Mountain & Alaska tour - very good value deal

We joined the Rocky Mountain and Alaska tour 24/4 to 10/5. We were a bit worried with Cruise1st review when we booked this tour last year but the price was too good to say no. We took the risk and were surprised with the result. We need to give our sincerely thanks Cruise1st. Angie Hackett was very helpful and efficient. We had a brand new coach and our guide Nathan Scott was so professional and he had done a lot of extra to make us an unforgettable trip. Thank you.

China tour with Japan cruise

We have also just returned from the China tour with Japan cruise in April this year. We had nothing but trouble with Cruise 1st from the start. Friends had booked and when I tried to book my calls were not returned from the agent who had booked them and when I finally got to speak to him he told me the trip was full and I could only book if I paid an extra $150 per person and there was no guarantee we would be with our friends so I opted out. A week later the same advert came up on the internet at the original price so I booked online and after paying deposit was told our booking could be linked with our friends' bookings. However once the payment was received then ended any help. The actual trip was OK but trying to get in touch with Cruise 1st before the holiday proved extremely stressful over a long period of time. Numerous phone calls and emails didn't achieve satisfaction. They didn't send our paperwork and we couldn't get our Chinese visa without flight details and despite explaining this to the Cruise 1st operators I was repeatedly fobbed off with various excuses. Some of the "customer service" staff were very unhelpful and just gave platitudes as if reading off a script and didn't really listen to what I was asking. Cruise 1st offered a transfer from ship to airport in Shanghai but as it was leaving too late for our flight I chose to book a private transfer and thank goodness I did as I heard that at least 12 people missed our flight due to the cruise 1st transfer not arriving in time. Royal Caribbean cruise line also need to up their game in respect to disembarking passengers - it was absolute chaos with over 4,000 people all trying to get off at the same time! The cruise part of the holiday was spoilt by the ports of call all being far away from the cities - one and a half hours on the bullet train to get to Kyoto and the other ports were nowhere near anything and we had to get a shuttle bus from 15-40 minutes into the town. This was also the case with the hotels some being an hour's drive into the city and not much around in respect of restaurants etc. The tour/cruise sounded very good value but there were many extras to pay for "optional" tours.

Booking Type Cruise and Tour

Don’t use this company

We booked on a back to back 3 cruises with this company with hotel stop overs in three different countries. The cruises were fine with Norwegian but the trouble was with cruise first. The hotels were supposed to be 4 star which they weren’t. The worst was in New York the stairs into the hotel was only 80cm wide and the hotel had no lift and we were put on the fourth floor. We complained to the front desk that we were told that this was 4 star, she laughed and said we have never been 4 star. As we were their for a total of 7 days we only stayed one night and found a better hotel. We asked for our money back from cruise first but was told to bad. We ended getting back 1 night from the hotel that was it. Never use them again and we have warned all our travel buddies

nightmare holiday

just finished a tour/cruise of China & Japan. Agree with other reviews, a total nightmare. They get your money and thats it....customer service non existent, ignore emails, Worst holiday I have had in years,
Just arrived home and will do a review in more detail soon. Just one of 35 people on the tour with the same thoughts. Think twice before you book this holiday. Some of our group missed their flight because the transfer coach didnt turn up.

Booking Type Accomodation, Car Hire, Cruise, Flights and Tour
Just wonder if cruise Ist reads their reviews....worst travel company I have ever used......

Dream holiday turned into a nightmare

We booked a tour of China and cruise to Japan with Cruise 1st last November and I have waited until now to write a review because I was feeling so bad after our China holiday.
Cruise 1st were very helpful before they had our money but afterwards they were very slow in getting information to us and would not return calls or answer emails. What was supposed to have been a dream holiday turned into a nightmare.
Firstly it was promoted as a holiday for seniors, we were expecting a relaxing time but instead it was a different hotel almost every day and we had to be packed and ready to get on the bus by 8am.
We did very little sightseeing but were taken to places where high pressure sales people tried to sell us high priced goods.
Another thing that unset us was the fact that every hotel we stayed it was miles away from the center of town and we found it impossible to buy meals other than the overpriced, disgusting hotel meals, don't get me wrong I love Chinese food and have had it in many countries but not like this.
Tipping was also expected by the guides and bus drivers. We were expected to pay $10.00 AUD to each every day. Most days they would pick us up from the hotel in the morning, take us on a 1 - 2 hour excursion then onto a train. When we got off the train we were greeted by another driver and guide and taken to our hotel and were expected to pay again.
Two weeks before leaving Australia I received an email from Cruise 1st asking if we wanted transport from the cruise back to the airport which we agreed to. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I sent an email to which I had no response. I emailed them again with the same result. I then made 4 phone calls and was told that someone would call me back, but nobody ever did. In desperation I went online and made a private booking with a local company for a fraction of the cost Cruise 1st were going to charge for the bus transfer.
When I emailed the tour company in China with our flight details and the name of the airport given to me by Cruise 1st I received an email back asking me to check the details again because they had checked and our flight did not leave from the airport I had given them. I sent them a copy of my ticket and they made the arrangements.
I am so glad that I did book a private company because there were many people on our cruise that had paid for their transfers only to find that nobody was at the port waiting for them and they had to frantically try and find their own way to the airport.
We had a stop over in Guangzhou on the way home and Cruise 1st told us to go to Gate 50 on the 1st floor where we would be met and taken to our hotel. What a nightmare. We went as directed but there was nobody there to meet us, nor could we find anyone that could speak English. We walked for miles around the airport trying to find where we should have been but everyone we asked just shrugged their shoulders. After almost an hour we found the area on the ground floor just outside of the terminal and were taken to our hotel which was in the middle of an industrial area.
On my return to Australia there was an email waiting for me advising me of our port to airport transfer. I am so glad that that email arrived while I was away and I did not have access to it otherwise we would have definitely missed our flight home. As a matter of interest I googled the distance between the two airports and it would take 1.5 hours by car to drive between the two.
I would definitely NOT recommend Cruise 1st to anyone wanting a trouble free holiday. Their after sales service is non existent, they are more concerned with your money than they are with you and the information they provide is not accurate.
I intended to write to Cruise 1st on my return and voice my disappointment but alas they do not have a department that accepts complains. I have to wonder why.

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

Would Never Use Them Again!

Very poor operator. Failed too conveniently advise that the accommodation component requires you too pay a “Resort Fee” never ever was this mentioned too us, they did not complete the transfers from ship too hotel that we paid for and we had since been advised that the transport firm booked was barred from entering the ship terminal. Many passengers stranded and many upset with the hidden resort fee. Upon raising these issues on return, the resort fee is noted in our special conditions and we need too read this fully it’s not for them to outline too us, and the transfer could not facilitate the delayed off load from ship.

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise and Flights

Avoid booking with this company

After booking a pre cruise extension of 2 nights to the Iguazu Falls for $1000pp flights and room at Hotel Melia. The hotel voucher stated standard room with views. We were shown to a room overlooking the carpark- no view. The views are all in the other direction. Cruise 1st had booked the cheapest room in the hotel. We had to pay an additional $200 US to get a view of the waterfall and Cruise 1st said they did not promise a waterfall view. The only 'views' are towards the waterfall. They flatly refused to accept any responsibility or to negotiate- even when Consumer Affairs approached them. Extremely poor customer relations and service. Will never ever trust them again or ever recommend them.

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise and Flights

Very disappointing in all respects

We were very disappointed with out holiday in February/2019. Cruise 1st were very slow to get our travel documents to us despite numerous requests. Many of the things such as airport transfares were not included and we were not warned that it would cost us more than $1000 in 'extras' such as taxi fares to get to Train stations and cruise terminals etc. Even the return train trip was not included and we had to book it ourselves when we got there. The cruise itself (on the Sinfonia) was disappointing and expensive and we were 'Gouged' at every opportunity. It was cold, there were no movies and minimal entertainment on board. We got food poisoning and did not recieve much assistance. On the last day they added on a multitude of service charges and even a Charity donation, all without our approval. The excursions were very poor value despite the cost and if you went on the shuttle bus anywhere no information was forthcoming or suggestions as a result we missed out on a lot of things that we would have like to have seen in Italy and Spain. Will never book with them again nor recommend them to anyone.

Fantastic hassle free holiday

I just came of 18day cruise with flights hotels and transfers included.. Everything went like clockwork.. Cruise1st were easy to deal with and everything was as stated in package.. I have booked another package deal and very much looking forward to.. Thanks Guys for making my holiday so easy.

poor customer service

During my booking online i could't finish my booking due to getting message "unable to finish this session" . I logged off and booked my cruise with another agent over the phone thinking after attempting twice to finish the booking and getting the same error message " unable to finish this session" that this booking hasn't gone through. Wrong!! next day i founded that this site took from my account $1284.86 as a deposit. I have contacted Cruise1st over the phone trying to explain what happened and cancel my booking in order to get my money back. But in vain i had to send an email explaining and requesting my money back. After 3 days and several calls still no one called or send an email back. Not happy from the customer service at all however I'm hoping that i will get my money back.

Booking Type Cruise

They ignore you once they have your money

Be very careful booking with this company. Once they get your money there is very little after sales service. I have tried 5 times to get questions answered and even asked to speak to a supervisor on most occasions. No luck. I'm beginning to think they don't exist. Our hotels had hidden charges that they don't tell you about until you get your final documents, thinking you have fully paid.

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise and Flights

Professional and excellent service.

I have booked 4 cruise/ flight/ accommodation deals with Amanda & Sara at Cruise 1st. Always get a quick response and the deals the company offers are more than competitive. When booking I have extended my stays before and after the cruise without any hassles. As a matter of fact we are boarding a cruise at Barcelona to Singapore and Sara & Amanda have booked all flights from Melbourne to Scotland- London - Italy and then to Barcelona for us .Nothing was too hard. Deal with Sara Whitmee if cruising. ( Amanda has just moved ) make sure you subscribe to Cruise 1st.

Fantastic Trip

We ( 2 couples) have just returned from our Cruise 1st trip. Out flights and hotels were excellent and everything ran to plan. We were able to extend out trip by a few extra days an the cost was extremely acceptable.
Cruise 1st were more than happy to help with our arrangements and we will definately book with them again.

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise and Flights

Rude staff that ignore you once they get your deposit.

It is obvious the staff work on commissions for the amount of bookings they take. I had to constantly chase them for answers for our huge group booking. Rude/aggressive staff

Booking Type Cruise

I haven't even left on my cruise yet and I already have had issues

I booked a package deal and I understand that they are cheap because they may not have a lot of flexibilty. But I have been badgering for months to extend my stay after the cruise and change the package flight dates. And I have been run around ever since. I can't even buy a separate cheap return flight because the closer to cruise date the dearer they get and I don't want to if I dont have to. But they keep giving me the run around. I even contacted the airline myself but they referred me back to Cruise 1st

Booking Type Cruise, Flights and Tour