Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia

• Trip Completed Yes (33) · No (80)
  • Price Accuracy
Unhappy Jan

Unhappy JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unsatisfactory delays in refunds

Bondy

BondySouth East Queensland, QLD

forever to get paid

Had a claim with Cruies 1st for cruise and air flights they kept stretching the time for the refund then I finally get it and do my math and I am $700 short after already loses they claim for cancellation.
I send them a query as to why the missing funds and they tell me that is money from MSC cruise lines and that I will have to wait another 18-22 weeks for that refund.
There was no mention of the missing money when they paid me out only an amount without any mention of the $700, its only that I queried the pay out then all of a sudden they tell me there is more to come but have to wait the same period as for the last lot, can this company be trusted? not by me!

Not happy

Been phoning cruise 1st and was told it’s going to take 16 weeks for my refund.
I had already phoned carrabeen cruises a month ago and they said that they gave the refund to cruise 1st I am not very happy I will have to see if current affairs can do something about it.

Booking Comparison-Only Services

Find out how Cruise1st Australia compares to other Booking Comparison-Only Services

No.3 Shirley

No.3 ShirleySydney, NSW

Rude customer service

Just called Cruise1st asking for group refund procedure. I told her (first name given to me) some members in our group may have communication problem in English, whether I can send an email with all the booking reference information to her. Then she has got very angry with me saying “this is a English speaking country we don’t employ staff who speak other languages..........”

Kirsty

KirstyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Up to 55weeks now and still no refund!!!

Tom

TomIllawarra, NSW

Cruise first frustrating service

Cruise First has been terrible refunding the last portion of money due to us. We have received 50% of what is owed, Still waiting .. We booked on the cruise departing April 2020 to South Africa, through the Suez to Venice. Question asked to Qantas regarding refund tells me to refer back to Cruise 1st. No joy there. So disappointing as they keep moving the goal posts re timing for refunds. It started at 10 to 12 weeks and now it's 12 months. Our Holiday was cancelled before Covid lockdown ,But due to illness.
Disgusted with the service from Cruise First.
Tom Armstrong

Thank You!

Thank you to the people who have helped me, I have been waiting for my refund for 11
months but over that time I have realised the processes travel agents have to go through to obtain our refund from the cruise lines etc. I apologise for some of my angry emails and appreciate all the assistance you have given me. This has definitely been a frustrating time for all of us and I wish you all the best for the future. Thank you again!

Lorraine M

Lorraine MIllawarra, NSW

Hats off to Cruise1st consultants!!

We were booked to go on the trip of a lifetime last year, however this was not to be.
Our communication with Cruise1st regarding cancellations was not excellent but it was informative. Although we had to wait a while, our refunds were completed today and I can only say that during this very unpredictable time in the travel industry I think they did a great job.
I think people should be a bit more patient and realise Cruise1st cannot refund until they themselves receive refunds from suppliers.
Would I book thru Cruise1st again ....... Yes most definitely!

KayA

KayASydney, NSW

So frustrating.

I was booked on the cruise departing April 2020 to South Africa, through the Suez to Venice. Question asked to Qantas and MSC regarding refund tells me to refer back to Cruise 1st. No joy there. So disappointing as they keep moving the goal posts re timing for refunds. It started at 10 to 12 weeks and now it's 10 months.

Vanessa C.

Vanessa C.South East Queensland, QLD

Cruise 1st refunds

We were supposed to be on a cruise/ land package with cruise 1st in October/ November 2020. This was cancelled in July . We have many broken promises and lack of communication and have still not seen any refund. I keep emailing them and I get told we will be paid out by this date then another date then something else . I am very disappointed with their service and intend to take court action in the near future if I don’t get the refund

EXCUSES after EXCUSES!! So when will we see our money back??!!

Trip CompletedNo
Booking TypeCruise
Artur W.

Artur W.Southwest, VIC

Where is our money!!!!

So it looks like we are not the only one. It is now 6 months since our cruise was cancelled. We were told it would take 12 weeks to get our money back, 12 became 18 weeks and now 26 weeks. Doesn't look like we'll be using that company in the future.

What a nightmare. Stay right away from Cruise 1st

Judy

JudyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Will happily book with them again

doc

docSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst customer service ever

Suzanne Pinnington

Suzanne PinningtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Show me the money

My holiday was cancelled in July & I've had every excuse why the refund hasn't been issued. Princess has issued their part of the refund to them months ago. I'm sure that Qantas would have issued their part as well by now. I haven't received any email promotion offers for December. Have they gone bust !!

Freda Porter

Freda PorterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still Waiting for refund of Deposits (UPDATED 8/4/2021)

Just received our refund. Thank you Cruise 1st. We wish your company the very best for the future. Just needs patience after an event that "blindsided" the World.

Our Nov. cruise on Queen Elizabeth was cancelled earlier in the year. We opted for a refund of our deposit, being elderly pensioners. We were told Cunard U.K. had refunded monies to Cruise 1st Australia in September, but despite our emails, we keep being told they are busy refunding everybody and it will take some time. Time is something you don't have alot of when you're in your eighties! Thank goodness we didn't pay in full - nonetheless, every dollar is precious to us and I'm sad our first experience with this company has been a negative one.

ColinH

ColinHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Anybody hear from Cruise 1st after the initial transaction ?

tara

tara

Worst service ever !!

Do not anyone ever book through this company !! Worst customer service and never any response to emails and also have my money and not giving it back that they received weeks ago from a third party !!

Anyone Get Refund For April 2 Weeks China Tour Please?

A China tour for April was obviously cancelled. We tried cancelling but advised to wait as would only get a small refund, and it they had to cancel we would get more. Well 7 months later we have received even less and have just had a refund of $464 from over $4000 paid after 7 months after we were supposed to leave. Had to send lots of emails to get even that. Very disappointing. I know it is difficult times but they are still trading and selling cruises. Has anyone received a better refund please? We have big medical bills now so were hoping for more even if we could not get it all as could understand that in these present times.

Hans

Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

Hi
We paid Cruise 1st over $14000 for two cruises (Queen Victoria) departing Sydney in May 2020. We had a Westjet flight from Canada to Ireland included in the package.
We have spent the best part of the last 10 months trying to get refunds. We have eventually through our own efforts obtained refunds from Cunard and Qatar Airlines but Westjet will only offer future flight credits good until May 2022. Naturally this is unacceptable to us as I doubt we will be travelling anywhere for a few years. Cruise 1st have failed to pay us a refund of the Westjet fares claiming they were non refundable tickets. We never knew this when the package was arranged. Anyway, I am not going to give up and will take action against Cruise 1st if they do not refund the approx. $1000 owing to us.
Cruise 1st have lied to us over and over again. I wouldn't trust anything they are telling you. I can only suggest that you continue to insist that they refund all money owing to you.

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D

Hi Angel. I had paid Cruise 1st $13,300 AUD for a holiday package departing in early May 20. It included 2 cruises, air fares with Qantas and Delta (USA) Hotel bookings and a 3 day bus tour in Alaska. They promised a full refund and they were true to their word. It did take a while. They paid me $12,800. Delta Air lines issued a credit for $500. They are under extreme pressure and I can appreciate the delays. I really think they did their best.. I communicated with them by email. It did take some time to get a reply, but they did reply and kept their word.

ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Hi

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell
Anita Bunnell

We were e told the same but we kept on asking about our refunds.. We corresponded with our agent Ian Titman & he responded very quickly with information. Cruise1st have different team for each problem&makes hard to know what is happening. We still have not received anything yet but Ian told us this week that it should not take much longer. Keep on trying &hope that we all get our refund.

Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap
JScrap

I'm sorry that I can't add anything more yet. My cruise was scheduled for 12 April. Cunard have told me that they paid the refund to Cruise1st on 26&27 June. Cruise1st have told me that they received the refund from Cunard around 17 July but, for some reason would take 6 weeks to pass the refund on to me. Nothing received as yet, 6 August.

I feel for anyone with cruises that were scheduled for a later date than mine.

Other Booking Comparison-Only Services