100% · 40%

Clinton O.
Clinton O.Perth, WA27 posts

Great budget radio

I bought this radio on sale from Autobahn for $169. I found the radio to be very easy to install. It has a 3.5 aux output socket so that you can plug in an external speaker to allow for more clarity. It has 80 channels.

The transmission is very clear for a cheap radio, i have mine plugged in to an external speaker.

This radio is 5w. I combined this with a $20 4.5db antenna from Supercheap auto. My partner was at home on a 0.5w handheld radio and i could clearly hear her from about 1.5km away.

I have no doubt that if the handheld was a 5w instead of 0.5w I would hear from much further away.

It doesnt have all the bells and wistles of a premium radio but is excellent for budget users, I highly recommend for the price. Show details

Hollis
HollisSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Crystal uhf

I have had this crystal uhf for just over three years now its been submerged under water and it still kicks the beat I have had it definitely holds its own against the big brands you pay way more for. Show details
Miroku
MirokuADELAIDE31 posts

Crystal DB477E top little unit

The Crystal DB477E UHF ultra compact radio is good bang for the buck $$$$$ definitely well worth every dollar. With 3 years warranty

The radio does not have all the fancy extras the high end radio's come with. However it does exactly what its made for......communications, also will fit in later model vehicles where space is tight.

Definitely worth considering if looking at buying a UHF in the lower priced bracket.

lucadori
lucadoriAU

Ingolf S.
Ingolf S.

I am surprised to see questions here that should NOT be answered>>> no power??
First say what is installed>>do you have the antenna connected??? Never try a radio without a connected antenna ---where shall the energy go??? you cook the radio! After reading a few reviews I just bought one too.Te antenna is te most important thing...research ---where do you use it? Does it have a ground plain??? Ground independent is to go for. A antenna is a RADIATOR...it radiates energy OUT and bundles it. If you have it on a bullbar close to the metall most of your energy will NOT go out!!! Think of a light beam going out --can it be seen all round?

andreliggett
andreliggett

Hi can someone please forward me the operating instructions for a Crystal DB477E CB Radio. Thanks A.

Gav J.
Gav J.

What is the distance of its range?

Michael T.
Michael T.

Today mine was clearly sending and receiving from 50km away but I do have a rubber ducky on my antenna so that might have helped haha however pretty damn happy with 50k

Extra Information