Oricom DTX4200

Oricom DTX4200

Sue

SueSydney, NSW

This is great

Works as advertised, very happy with unit. Easy to install and operate, great for travelling with a group of caravanners, easy to communicate. Dual channels are great, aerial was easy to install.

Purchased in September 2020 at 12 Volt Direct Online store for A$466.65.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. Wishing you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Tim Scarman

Tim ScarmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not buy a DTX4200!

This is a crap UHF. The volume that it transmits to other UHF's is appalling and extremely "muffled". The volume of the speaker in the hand held microphone is too quiet for a 79 series Landcruiser, I've had to install an external speaker. Oricom were no help when I emailed them, they said to "reset" it or some crap.
I've gone ahead and purchased another 2nd hand UHF that works way better than this unit. I'll either sell this DTX4200 onto SOME other poor sod or bin it. I'd never buy another Oricom again. Stick to GME, and no problems.

Ricardo

RicardoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great piece of kit

Real clever design, all functions on the mic and at the touch of a button. Great for use in convoy and those long trips, being able to swap from local channel on the go with the lads and then monitor and speak with traffic ahead.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$450.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and for sending through the valued feedback. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom

Welms

WelmsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Dual Receive feature but outsmart by a premium handheld.

Purchased in August 2020 at Oricom for A$382.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and feedback, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Joshua Curnow

Joshua CurnowOutback, SA

Great product

Great product easy to install. I was hesitant to pay this much for a UHF but I'm very happy with this product. Would recommend this product to all wantinf a good quality UHF

Purchased in August 2020 for A$548.00.

Tech SupportOricom

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with others Joshua. All the best Oricom UHF CB.

Mark

MarkNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Great UHF 4200

Takes a while to work out functions. Instructions in the manual supplied need to explain functions and how to use in better details. Very important for first time users. Great unit.

Purchased in August 2020 at Oricom for A$465.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback and for the review. We will continue to simplify and thanks for the valued feedback that will ensure is used for continual product development. All the best, Oricom.

Mark Howell

Mark HowellSydney, NSW

Great compact unit

Great size, mounted out of way down in driver footwell, all the controls are on the handmic so easy to access.
Love the fact I can monitor two channels at once

Purchased in November 2019 at On-line for A$549.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Mark, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Peter J P.

Peter J P.South East Queensland, QLD

Not the best known- but the best.

Purchased in December 2019.

Good Product

When hand piece plugged in did not work, Turns out after fault finding that the plug on the hand piece does not make tight contact on the unit even after the finger tightening process. I would appreciate Oricoms agent in Darwin to take a look if one is available.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Ed, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Nevskii

NevskiiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent unit

I have used many UHF radios in past years and this is as easy as it gets. Installed it myself, it’s a small base unit so easy to find a suitable location in the vehicle. Plenty of coax with the Town/Country antenna kit. It’s used most days for the past 5 months and is super easy to operate with all controls and the rotary channel dial on the mic. The dual receive (which is really why I purchased it) is such a good feature. I’m nearly always listening on CH40 while on another channel. Very handy on the freeways. Gets good range with the supplied antennas. Has a load more features which I’m still exploring. Can’t think of any negatives so far.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$549.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks so much for the review, we do appreciate it. Glad to hear of your experience, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

David C.

David C.

Nice one Oricom

Easy unobtrusive installation and well paired with the Antenna in the Ultimate pack. Looking forward to trying this one out on my next trip up North and will feel a lot safer if we get chased by bushfires again.

Purchased in May 2020 at Oricom for A$460.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi David, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback on the DTX4200 and glad to hear that the installation was nice and easy! All the best, Oricom

Geoff Schuler

Geoff SchulerNorth Queensland, QLD

Compact unit very good.

Very happy with the unit, it performs really good and has good range. Benefits of the unit is it benign small and compact is good making it easy to install in confined places, and having speaker in hand set gives better sound to.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Geoff, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Nick

NickWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Top quality and easy to use! Excellent UHF.

This UHF Radio is an incredible bit of gear, paired with the town and country aerial pack which includes a 3dbi and 6.5dbi aerial it gives me crystal clear communication no matter where i am. It is easy to use and has the added bonus of being able to dual receive which means it can listen to 2 channels at once. It is also packed full of other handy features. Great UHF!

Purchased in November 2019 for A$449.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Nick, thanks very much for the review and we do appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Dave

DaveHunter Region, NSW

Excellent communication tool for the outback and open road

Hi all first big trip through the centre now done 8,360 kms in 3 weeks. Without doubt this is the best uhf I have ever owned and would recommend it too anyone. Coupled with a 6 dB aerial I am able to listen to and communicate with trucks On simplex channels up to 20kms away.

Purchased in August 2018.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Dave, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your experience and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Funky_jam1

Funky_jam1Great Southern, WA

Fantastic bit of kit

Perfect for the FJ as the unit is hidden and the controls are mounted in the roof console, everything you need on the hand piece paired with the 6.5 db antenna I feel safer on solo trips now.

Purchased in May 2019 at 4x4 Supa Centre for A$250.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. Thanks for the review and feedback and we appreciate the support! All the best, Oricom.

Jenko

JenkoHunter Region, NSW

Great product

Bought this and matched with the town and country antenna. Can not fault it. Use It on the tracks and highway. That’s all I really have to say about it! Lol get one.

Purchased in June 2019 at TJM for A$280.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and feedback. We wish you all the best with your future use! Oricom.

Awesome product, couldn’t fault it.

Got this UHF as a gift and honestly couldn’t be happier. Easy to install and works brilliantly. Haven’t had a single issue with it and would recommend it to anyone. 10/10.

Purchased in January 2019.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jake, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom

Roadtrip Australia

Roadtrip AustraliaHunter Region, NSW

Great unit for travelling Australia

What a great UHF. We installed this unit into our touring vehicle for travelling Australia and we couldn't be happier. The dual receive function is just what we need while road tripping in convoy and talking to other road users.

Purchased in May 2019.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best on your travels! Oricom.

Fill

FillSydney, NSW

Unbelievable after Service

Purchased the DTX4200 and was very impressed with the unit. However I was having a small problem with the supplied antenna. I contacted Oricom and explained my concern. These people were so understanding and helpful and had a new antenna mailed to me that same day. I have never experienced such a quick resolution to a problem in all my life. Thank you Oricom I would give you 10 stars if it were possible. I would recommend your service and product to anybody who asks.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$350.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. Thanks so much for letting us know of your experience and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know. All the best with your future use. Oricom.

Frank and Terezia Varga

Frank and Terezia VargaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Product and Value

Purchased in February 2019 at 4WD Supacentre Online store.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and taking the time to review the Oricom radio and antennas. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom

All good will give another review once we finished our trip

Welms

Welmsasked

Hi, on dual-receive mode, the sub-channel receive signal strength indicator only shows “half” strength. If I swap it so that the sub-channel now becomes the main channel, the receive signal strength indicator shows at “full” strength.

Is this by design or defect?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, due to tolerances of parts used in the receivers there can be some differences in received signal strength indications the receivers however, will meet the required sensitivity specifications. If you would like to discuss, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as a team member will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Jeremy P.

Jeremy P.asked

Hi, I have a DTX4200 unit around two weeks old and initially it seemed to work fine but now I can hear (receive) but no one can hear me, there is a audible noise when I push the PTT button heard on other devices (our hand held units) but no voice is heard, almost like the mic is not picking up the voice. Any Ideas??
Cheers
Jez

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jez, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of your recent experience. For this, we would recommend you give our locally based Oricom Support team a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as the team will be able to troubleshoot with you. All the best, Oricom.

btdt

btdtasked

I seem to be having trouble with my hand piece the other party say that they do not get the full story i am telling even when i make sure i have the hand piece pushed in all the way ?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience, and would love to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF & VHF Radios