VerifiedMPN:DTX4200

Adrian L
Adrian LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
David I.
David I.2 posts

Very professional after sales service from Oricom

New Oricom had an issue with weak transmissions and receiving. Australian support was great. Ended up with a new unit which all worked properly Show details ·  1
Cobus
CobusSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Great after sales service from Oricom

I have had my Oricom DTX4200 in my 4x4 for almost 30 months. It works really well! I have noticed that the insulation around the coiled cord of the hand piece has cracked and separated in several places. I contacted Oricom and received a return email immediately. After reviewing of some photos, Oricom confirmed that they have forwarded a new coiled cable and hand piece to me. I received the new part yesterday.
Wow....that is after sales service that is hard to find these days! Show details ·  1
Blake
BlakeNew South Wales2 posts

Oricom can’t reset

So I’ve hooked up my uhf turns on fine so I thought, then says channel 12 with the s on top right but can’t do nothing from there. Can’t reset doesn’t let me do anything. I’m stuck on what to Show reply
Daryl
DarylMid West, WA

Quality of service from Oricom is not comparable

Danial and Janet were above and beyond expectation of any company I have dealt with for a long time for their response, helpful and courteous nature. I am extremely happy with the DTX4200 Thank you Guys. Show details ·  1
linviv2
linviv2Pilbara, WA3 posts

Warranty

I got in touch with Oricom warranty service about a lead on the hand held mic on the DTX 4200 it had perished in a couple of places I spoke to Jess on the phone and nothing was a problem for her all sorted in less than 5 minutes A big thanks to Jess and Oricom for a hassle free outcome Show details ·  1
RIGGER
RIGGERSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

I bought the DTX4200 because of the easy press and dial controls on the hand piece

I hate having to keep press a tiny button for volume for channel selection and so easy dialing the numbers or volume quickly and easy with my thumb no looking. After about 10months have had issue with the lead coming apart , but one phone call and a new one is being sent straight out, awesome after service .  Show details ·  1
Darryl
DarrylPerth, WA3 posts

Exactly want I wanted

This is a great unit and it fits perfectly in my Prado, good functionality with channel switching. Controls are easy to operate especially with the backlit display. I’m really happy with this purchase  Show details ·  1
Brent Johnston
Brent Johnston

Speaker not loud enough

We got the dtx4200 because of the 2 channel option and we love it. The bit that sucks is the speaker isn't loud enough, we really have to be holding the mic to hear what's being said. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi Brent, thanks for the review and passing on your feedback. We assure you that this will be passed on and we are always developing new improvements on our products. Stay tuned. Oricom

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

This is great

Works as advertised, very happy with unit. Easy to install and operate, great for travelling with a group of caravanners, easy to communicate. Dual channels are great, aerial was easy to install. Show details ·  1
Tim Scarman
Tim ScarmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not buy a DTX4200!

This is a crap UHF. The volume that it transmits to other UHF's is appalling and extremely "muffled". The volume of the speaker in the hand held microphone is too quiet for a 79 series Landcruiser, I've had to install an external speaker. Oricom were no help when I emailed them, they said to "reset" it or some crap.
I've gone ahead and purchased another 2nd hand UHF that works way better than this unit. I'll either sell this DTX4200 onto SOME other poor sod or bin it. I'd never buy another Oricom again. Stick to GME, and no problems.
Ricardo
RicardoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great piece of kit

Real clever design, all functions on the mic and at the touch of a button. Great for use in convoy and those long trips, being able to swap from local channel on the go with the lads and then monitor and speak with traffic ahead. Show details ·  1
Welms
WelmsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts
Joshua Curnow
Joshua CurnowOutback, SA

Great product

Great product easy to install. I was hesitant to pay this much for a UHF but I'm very happy with this product. Would recommend this product to all wantinf a good quality UHF Show details ·  1
Mark
MarkNorth-West & West coast, TAS3 posts

Great UHF 4200

Takes a while to work out functions. Instructions in the manual supplied need to explain functions and how to use in better details. Very important for first time users. Great unit. Show details ·  1

Tegan P.
Tegan P.

Hi, I just installed my DTX4200X. The hand piece display shows the number 12 and a small s in the top right hand corner. There can be a small amount of static heard if your place the hand piece near your ear. None of the buttons work/do anything/change the display and I am unable to turn it on/off or complete a factory reset. When it is unplugged and re-plugged in via the car battery or the transceiver it goes back to the same display of 12 and a small s.

Oricom   DM

Hey there, sorry to hear your having issues with your radio connection. Please send through your best contact number and a member of our support team will give you a call to troubleshoot.

Paul cross
Paul cross

Hi can you get an rj45 plug to suit the dtx4200

Oricom   DM

Hi there, the DTX4200 utilizes a secure 5 pin connector, so unfortunately there is no replacement RJ45 plug for this model. Oricom.

Geoff M.
Geoff M.

What do I get with the Omicrom 4200 dtx that is better than the Onicrom 390?

CategoryUHF & VHF Radios