Oricom DTX4200

Listing monitored by Oricom

Darryl
DarrylPerth, WA

Exactly want I wanted

This is a great unit and it fits perfectly in my Prado, good functionality with channel switching. Controls are easy to operate especially with the backlit display. I’m really happy with this purchase

Purchased in September 2020 for $469.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and the time taken to let others know of your experience with the UHF. All the best, Oricom.

Speaker not loud enough

We got the dtx4200 because of the 2 channel option and we love it. The bit that sucks is the speaker isn't loud enough, we really have to be holding the mic to hear what's being said.

Purchased in June 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Brent, thanks for the review and passing on your feedback. We assure you that this will be passed on and we are always developing new improvements on our products. Stay tuned. Oricom

Sue
SueSydney, NSW

This is great

Works as advertised, very happy with unit. Easy to install and operate, great for travelling with a group of caravanners, easy to communicate. Dual channels are great, aerial was easy to install.

Purchased in September 2020 at 12 Volt Direct Online store for $466.65.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. Wishing you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Tim Scarman
Tim ScarmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not buy a DTX4200!

This is a crap UHF. The volume that it transmits to other UHF's is appalling and extremely "muffled". The volume of the speaker in the hand held microphone is too quiet for a 79 series Landcruiser, I've had to install an external speaker. Oricom were no help when I emailed them, they said to "reset" it or some crap.
I've gone ahead and purchased another 2nd hand UHF that works way better than this unit. I'll either sell this DTX4200 onto SOME other poor sod or bin it. I'd never buy another Oricom again. Stick to GME, and no problems.

Ricardo
RicardoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great piece of kit

Real clever design, all functions on the mic and at the touch of a button. Great for use in convoy and those long trips, being able to swap from local channel on the go with the lads and then monitor and speak with traffic ahead.

Purchased in January 2020 for $450.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and for sending through the valued feedback. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom

Welms
WelmsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Dual Receive feature but outsmart by a premium handheld.

Purchased in August 2020 at Oricom for $382.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and feedback, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Joshua Curnow
Joshua CurnowOutback, SA

Great product

Great product easy to install. I was hesitant to pay this much for a UHF but I'm very happy with this product. Would recommend this product to all wantinf a good quality UHF

Purchased in August 2020 for $548.00.

Tech SupportOricom

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with others Joshua. All the best Oricom UHF CB.

Mark
MarkNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Great UHF 4200

Takes a while to work out functions. Instructions in the manual supplied need to explain functions and how to use in better details. Very important for first time users. Great unit.

Purchased in August 2020 at Oricom for $465.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback and for the review. We will continue to simplify and thanks for the valued feedback that will ensure is used for continual product development. All the best, Oricom.

Mark Howell
Mark HowellSydney, NSW

Great compact unit

Great size, mounted out of way down in driver footwell, all the controls are on the handmic so easy to access.
Love the fact I can monitor two channels at once

Purchased in November 2019 at On-line for $549.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Mark, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Peter J P.
Peter J P.South East Queensland, QLD

Not the best known- but the best.

Purchased in December 2019.

Ed Tuyl
Ed Tuyl

Good Product

When hand piece plugged in did not work, Turns out after fault finding that the plug on the hand piece does not make tight contact on the unit even after the finger tightening process. I would appreciate Oricoms agent in Darwin to take a look if one is available.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Ed, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Nevskii
NevskiiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent unit

I have used many UHF radios in past years and this is as easy as it gets. Installed it myself, it’s a small base unit so easy to find a suitable location in the vehicle. Plenty of coax with the Town/Country antenna kit. It’s used most days for the past 5 months and is super easy to operate with all controls and the rotary channel dial on the mic. The dual receive (which is really why I purchased it) is such a good feature. I’m nearly always listening on CH40 while on another channel. Very handy on the freeways. Gets good range with the supplied antennas. Has a load more features which I’m still exploring. Can’t think of any negatives so far.

Purchased in February 2020 for $549.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks so much for the review, we do appreciate it. Glad to hear of your experience, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

David C.
David C.

Nice one Oricom

Easy unobtrusive installation and well paired with the Antenna in the Ultimate pack. Looking forward to trying this one out on my next trip up North and will feel a lot safer if we get chased by bushfires again.

Purchased in May 2020 at Oricom for $460.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi David, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback on the DTX4200 and glad to hear that the installation was nice and easy! All the best, Oricom

Geoff Schuler
Geoff SchulerNorth Queensland, QLD

Compact unit very good.

Very happy with the unit, it performs really good and has good range. Benefits of the unit is it benign small and compact is good making it easy to install in confined places, and having speaker in hand set gives better sound to.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Geoff, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Nick
NickWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Top quality and easy to use! Excellent UHF.

This UHF Radio is an incredible bit of gear, paired with the town and country aerial pack which includes a 3dbi and 6.5dbi aerial it gives me crystal clear communication no matter where i am. It is easy to use and has the added bonus of being able to dual receive which means it can listen to 2 channels at once. It is also packed full of other handy features. Great UHF!

Purchased in November 2019 for $449.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Nick, thanks very much for the review and we do appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Reece J.
Reece J.asked

Hi, I'm yet to purchase as I've seen a couple of complaints about it not being loud enough and not being able to hear anything. I don't exactly have a quiet car and would like to know if this is an issue and or if its been resolved, thanks.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Reece, thanks for the message. We have just released the brand the new DTX4200X which has been built louder and larger. I have added the link the page for you to check out. To discuss these upgrades further, please feel free to contact our customer service team 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as they will be happy to assist. All the best, Oricom. https://oricomdtx.com/

Paul cross
Paul crossasked

Hi my DTX-4200 has no power to the hand set it has power to the unit but no power to the hand control. When I first installed it it worked for about 2 days then stopped working all fuses are OK and power to the unit. This is my second one now the first had the same problem. I have replaced the whole lot including the antenna ANU 110 under warranty is there something I'm doing wrong or is there just a bad batch out there please help I'm running out of patience with this unit

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we would like to discuss this with you and uncover what the issue is. Please contact our locally based team on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Matt H.
Matt H.

I have had the same issue, I had a professional mount this unit in my dash which was very difficult to get to, it looked great and clean. It stopped working about 2 months after the install and I honestly thought it had just been a blown a fuse. I have finally got around to pulling almost all my dash out (installer was going to charge to find the issue, adamant that it was not his work and he was right) to access and track down the problem. I tested the fuse on a meter it is fine, there was 12v on the back of the unit but trying to get it to turn on with the power button on the remote mic it just appears dead. I have since removed the unit, hooked it up to my lab power supplier, and I cant get this thing to power on at all. I have now left it too long to sort this out under warranty so after looking on the web, and discovered this is a common issue with these units, I decided to open it up myself to see if I could see if there was anything that stood out. Apart from quite a few suspect solder joins there wasn't anything that stood out to have popped. I did see there was a capacitor retro fitted to VC IN on an FAC2596 (DC DC buck convertor) which indicates that there was an issue with the original design of these units and they tried to fix it with a patch. I don't have time to further dig into this and find information on servicing these units is impossible. So, instead of wasting any more time on this and given what I have discovered and how poor the quality is internally, I have decided stop wasting time, exercise my consumer right and never to buy Oricom junk again. I hope this helps others who have the same problems with this unit. Don't wait, send it back and get a refund if you can or don't buy it in the first place.

Welms
Welmsasked

Hi, on dual-receive mode, the sub-channel receive signal strength indicator only shows “half” strength. If I swap it so that the sub-channel now becomes the main channel, the receive signal strength indicator shows at “full” strength.

Is this by design or defect?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, due to tolerances of parts used in the receivers there can be some differences in received signal strength indications the receivers however, will meet the required sensitivity specifications. If you would like to discuss, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as a team member will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF & VHF Radios