RZT S 46, RZT S 42, RZT L 42, RZT S 50
See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cub Cadet? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Outstanding cutting performance

• Navigates seamlessly around obstacles

• Climbs hills easily

4.5

Purchased for $6,500.00.

heath J.
heath J.Northeast, VIC

This is fast

Had a standard ride on before and with all the trees I have it use to rip up the lawn.
now the lawn is coming back its worth the extra money .
The Steele fab deck is the go as it takes the knocks and won't rust out as quick .
Easy to use cause now my mother in law is doing the lawn .
Has enough power to tow a large lawn aerator and spray tank .
As a mechanic I would highly recommend the kolher motor because of the superior air filter seal design over other motors I have experienced .
I wish I bought a zero turn to start with .

Purchased in May 2020 for $6,000.00.

Other Ride-On Mowers

Brangus
Brangus

Climbs Like a 4wd

Was going to buy a 4wd drive mower as I have a very steep block about one acre in size . This mower does it easy . It’s an awesome mower. Cuts anything easily and leaves a great finish.

Purchased in August 2020.

Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Cub Cadet RZT Zero Turns compares to other Ride-On Mowers

DDP
DDPDarling Downs, QLD

Great for hilly blocks

Very powerful and well built. Particularly good on very steep block. Steering wheel is great and doesn’t get bogged easily on steep, slippery block. Also seems quite easy to service.

Purchased for $4,000.00.

Miller O.
Miller O.North Queensland, QLD

ok mower

ok mower belt slips of when you ingage blades so you have to have it a full reves
cuts well hate the reverse mowing button pedls bit hard to push lost bagger on the way home form mowing our beach house so we orderd another one but now we dont use it overall ok mower but could have some changes

Purchased in July 2019 at Home Hardware for $5.50.

Jenna S.
Jenna S.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

My partner loves this mower more than me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE our 2017 rzt s 46 inch fab deck! So much power, love the steering wheel, great handling, comfy ride, well priced replacement parts. cant wait to purchase a grass catcher asap. 2 happy customers :) if you live in the kyogle/ tweed area NSW I highly recommend going to kyogle Saw spot to purchase the Rzt s and any small farm machinery you may need! These guys look after you and give the best after sales service in the business and no I didnt post this add to get paid ;)

Purchased in August 2017 for $6,800.00.

Bob
BobRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Perfect

I have a very steep block. This machine Turns well and is very easy to ride. It’s probably the best ride on mower I’ve had. I highly recommend it. I’ve added a hitch and it will pull a decent load on a wagon uphill. The only fault I can find is the mulch cover is plastic and let’s som grass blow out the side. Very minor though.

Purchased in October 2016 for $5,000.00.

Best mower i have owned.

Full revs when you engage blades if you engage blades at low throttle cutter belt will come off.
I have had my cub cadet since April it is the best on slopes and around trees.
The sales man from Nambour QLD bought the mower to my block and demonstrated its capability ,he did warn me not to engage blades at low revs as this would cause it to throw cutter belts off.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Other Ride-On Mowers

Peter from the Tweed
Peter from the TweedTweed

Perfect large residential mower

Like many others I bought this mower to handle a steep block, which it does brilliantly. It effectively has 4 wheel steering, and I have had it on 20 degrees, though of course I don’t recommend that.

It’s a good mower in other respects too, being a little more heavily built than many others of this class. I particularly like the simplicity of its design- the dual steering mechanism is a simple mechanical (not electrical) link and the 2 blade set up adds simplicity in belts and pulleys.
Mine has 220+ hours on it with very little trouble.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Cub Cadet RZT Zero Turns compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Nick
NickLismore

Love of my life!

Finally a mower that handles slopes and it's a zero turn! Steering wheel makes it easy it control. Takes more fuel than my old ride ons because the engine has the power to climb hills effortlessly. Fantastic value for money. Cuts mowing time particularly where trees are involved. Allows for reverse mowing at a good speed.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Happy as Larry

I have had this mower for 9 months. I have a hilly block so research pointed me in this direction. I had had 2 .tractor mowers previously.
This thing really is terrific. Comfortable, stable, easy to master. We have about 1.5 acres to mow. I now do the lot in about 60% of time it used to take. The paddock looks a lot better too.
Great value. Fabricated deck looks like it will last the distance.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
gin
ginAuckland

This model of product has a protential defect problem!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Deviot
DeviotSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for hills and obstacles

Linda S.
Linda S.asked
RZT Zero Turns

Can anyone give me an idea on how do you adjust the cutting deck when the left hand front side is about 10mm lower than the other side and the adjustment on the hanger is at its lowest.

Lee M.
Lee M.asked
RZT S 46

How to adjust the drive belt tension

Paige
Paigeasked
RZT Zero Turns

Can you tow behind these mowers?
How much fuel is used per acre on the 42"?

See all Cub Cadet RZT Zero Turns questions

Cub Cadet RZT Zero Turns

The RZT S Zero Turn range features two mowers; the S42 ($6, 599) and the S46 ($7,499).

The differences between the S42 and S46

• The S46 uses a 46-inch cutting deck, whereas the S42 model uses a 42-inch cutting deck.
  • The S42 features 21.5 horsepower, while the S46 has 23 horsepower.

The similarities between the two models

• Both models use 4-wheel steering and are petrol-operated ride-on mowers.
  • Zero-turn capability is paired with a dual hydro-gear transmission.
  • Can be put into reverse
  • 10.6-litre fuel tank
  • Standard mulch kit provided

Points of Praise

• These mowers are light and easy to operate.
  • Great to use if you have a lot of trees on your property to navigate around, thanks to the zero turning circle.
  • The mower was also reported to climb hills smoothly, and mow the grass on them effectively.
Compare all 4 Cub Cadet RZT Zero Turns

CategoryRide-On MowersRide-On MowersRide-On MowersRide-On Mowers
Price (RRP) $7,399.00$6,499.00$7,199.00$5,699.00
Zero Turn YesYesYesYes
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
FeaturesMulching CapabilityMulching CapabilityMulching CapabilityMulching Capability
Catcher Type NoneNoneNoneNone
Transmission TypeHydrostaticHydrostaticHydrostaticHydrostatic
Horsepower23 hp22 hp23 hp22 hp
Max Speed11 km/hr11 km/hr11 km/hr11 km/hr
Reverse Speed5 km/hr5 km/hr5 km/hr5 km/hr
Dimensions 914 x 1232 x 2032 mm914 x 1130 x 2032 mm914 x 1359 x 2032 mm914 x 1118 x 2032 mm
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)6 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameKohler 7000 Series V-Twin OHVKohler 7000 Series V-TwinKohler 7000 Series V-TwinKohler 7000 Series V-Twin
Engine TypeOHV (Overhead Valve)OHV (Overhead Valve)OHV (Overhead Valve)OHV (Overhead Valve)
BrandKohlerKohlerKohlerKohler