2Cuckoo CRP-P1009S

Lena
LenaSydney, NSW14 posts
  Top Review

CRP-P1009S 10 cup rice & multi cooker

I've had this appliance for around 3 years, bought second hand but near-new.
As a rice cooker, it's fab: options to automatically cook various types of rice, and rice could be ready in as little as 20 minutes.
Lately, however, I've been really enjoying using it as a pressure cooker under its multi cook function. Stewed beef is tender in 40 minutes and the flavours are rich. It frees me from the stove. I only wished this model had a sear function, which would have been really handy.
I've also used its multi cook function to bake cakes. Because steam is used in part, the cake is moist, though not as fluffy as oven baked cakes. Perfect for baking South-east Asian 'kuehs", though!
The inner pot is a good weight and solid, unlike cheap rice cookers' thin and light aluminium inner pots.
The inner 'roof' plate and its silicone ring are both removable for easy washing.

Purchased in .

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
imdafons
imdafonsSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Cuckoo CRP-P1009S top of the line

A great rice cooker with voice integrated.

Clear manual instruction heaps of YouTube videos for tutorials.

Making rice easy any kind you desire.
It’s also a pressure cooker and a multi cooker

This is my to go broth and stew maker easy to clean and control temps. Show details

Jeremy
JeremySydney, NSW6 posts

CRP-P1009S maybe a good machine, but the poor instruction manual is ruining the experience

I think this may be a good machine. It feels well made. However, the instruction manual is frustrating and confusing and there is no recipe book to get operating clues from. I can't find much by way of online help or forums either. If you are experienced at using a sophisticated rice cooker you'll undoubtedly have a better time than we are having. Cuckoo... you really need to do better if you want to turn first time customers into ambassadors. Show details
Cat
CatPerth, WA4 posts

Best rice cooker we've used

We've used this rice cooker for a couple of years now and it's still running strong. Was the cheapest on the market but the quality has been fantastic. Price/quality ratio wise it's definitely the best on the market. Don't need to buy the fancier version, the base model is enough to give you the best tasting rice.
Isaac S.
Isaac S.Perth, WA4 posts

This is the best rice cooker

I bought this early this year. This is the best rice cooker. I'm cooking rice everyday and never disappointed. I tried to use many rice cooker which is Kmart brand. Most of them not bad but not happy either. Show details
Kennoo
Kennoo

The rice is too sticky

Very noisy.

it sound like a steam train in my house.

Keep hearing chu chu chu sound, then it play a rock tune. Then it expulse all the steam in one loud CHU.

when finish it play cuckoo tune. CUCKOO!!!

My old tiger give me less sticky rice and better tase than this cuckooo !!

Kellie9
Kellie9Perth20 posts

Tom. V
Tom. VKeilor East5 posts

Love the cooker

The cocker arrived quickly but I found that a small part (the "over flow tube inside") was broken. I contacted Cuckoo Australia, but they said they only replace the part at their service centre in Clayton, which is far away from my home. I think they should have done better than that by sending the part to me. I love the cooker though, it's fast and the rice tastes better.

James P.
James P.melbourne

My first Cuckoo and I love it. Great for brown rice and multi cook

Very good product purchased this 10 cup Electric Rice Pressure cooker after owning a smaller Cuckoo one for several years. The first few times that I made the rice, it came out a little sticky, but after adjusting the heat setting (as was recommended), the rice came out perfectly! I now make both brown and white rice it several times a week and have not had any problems with the quality. The Cuckoo rice pressure cookers give the rice a shiny texture and even if the rice is left in the unit overnight, in the warming mode, the rice remains fluffy and tastes as if you've just made it. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking to purchase another rice cooker. If you eat rice every day, this is the one yo want to buy!

franciecas
franciecas3 posts

lai
laiSydney5 posts

bad quality

I bought from a Korean shop in Campsie, cost me $400 , after one year the touch screen failed. repaired under warranty , two things very annoying, I cleaned it regularly, it still make a messy when cook rice even only cook small amount and with recommended water level. Had a few times can not open the lid , after pressure is released fully , Last week the lid stuck again , spend 2 hour still failed to open it , I put it in the bin.

Jill Huak
Jill HuakSydney

Finally in english!

I was looking for a rice cooker and was recommended the cuckoo brand by a korean friend. I bought the heritage model as it was the only model with an english menu and voice function. It looks great, like a little rice cooking terminator! There are various automatic cooking modes for different types of rice - looking forward to trying them all!
great design, cooks other food besides rice, amazing brown rice
it can be a bit heavy to store and take out everytime u want to cook rice, ok if you leave in one place in kitchen
andlep
andlepGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC46 posts

Rival
RivalAU30 posts

Eric
Eric

Does this rice cooker have non-pressurized cooking function to cook rice?

hungly1158
hungly1158

I bought the rice cooker cuckoo about 13 months ago , still can cook , but there is too much water in the boiler lid , causing the rice to spoil , what to do now ? Thanks

susaninmunich
susaninmunich

Hi - I am having difficulties in making sushi rice- that is not too sticky! I tried reducing the water (when cooking 4 cups of rice going to water level "3". This still doesnt help. I tried the glutinous rice program, as well as the turbo glutinous program, but the rice is coming out very sticky and dense. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks, Susan

Yvon M.
Yvon M.

The water should only be about 5 millimeters above the top of the rice line. You don't need that much water. Experiment with it. Good luck!

With Cuckoo’s Pressure Rice cookers, you get the sophistication of an induction cooker plus the addition of pressure-cooking which makes for the most delicious rice with luxurious flavours.

High pressure level at 26 psi (178 kpa): Throughout Cuckoo's 40 years of experience in pressure rice cooking technology, it has outdone itself by creating one of the highest pressure rice cookers at 26 PSI (178KPa). Pressure cooking breaks down the structures in food to make it more nutritious and delicious.

11 versatile menu options: Enjoy unique menu options from glutin rice, high heat glutin rice, turbo glutinous rice, mixed rice, high heat mixed rice, brown rice, high heat brown rice, gaba rice, nutritious porridge, nu rung ji, multi cook.

Efficient and intelligent: These rice cooker feature fuzzy logic and intelligent cooking algorithms that expertly detect grain type, regulates temperature, and monitor cooking time.

Quality in strength: Comes with 304(18/10) highest stainless steel grade including inner pot, stainless detachable cover and stainless inner lid for great heat conductivity and durability.

10 cup large family-size capacity: Enjoy the versatility of the10 cup uncooked (20 cups cooked) rice cookers which are perfect for large families of 5 or more.

Safety first: There are 15 safety features for your peace of mind. With the automatic steam and pressure release, lid locking device, auto temperature control and an alarm for overheating, Cuckoo have created rice cookers that put your safety first.

Accessories: Comes with a user manual, rice scoop, measuring cup, steam plate and cleaning pin.

CategoryRice Cookers