CUCKOO Rice Cooker

CUCKOO Rice Cooker

See the Best Rice Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Isaac S.

Isaac S.Perth, WA

This is the best rice cooker.

I bought this early this year. This is the best rice cooker. I'm cooking rice everyday and never disappointed. I tried to use many rice cooker which is Kmart brand. Most of them not bad but not happy either.

Purchased in January 2019 for $350.00.

Roger N

Roger NSydney, NSW

Meant to be a reliable brand, broke down in less than 6 months

Purchased this Cuckoo Commercial Rice Cooker 35 Cup CR-3511 about 6 months ago, the hinge that connects the lid and the base is made from plastic. With regular opening and closing of the lid, the plastic made hinge is bound to be broken in no time. Considering the rice cooker was never dropped and slammed shut with any ruthless force, the inevitable happen in 5 to 6 months with the hinge cracked and gave in exposing the wires. I ended up putting the wires back into place and sit the rice cooker against the wall for extra support.
Upon calling Cuckoo Service centers in Sydney and Melbourne, both sites were taking no responsibility and warranty do not cover for such damage.

CoreyAspley

Cuckoo IH 10 Cup Cooker is awesome

Purchased in March 2019 for $649.00.

The rice is too sticky

Very noisy.
it sound like a steam train in my house.
Keep hearing chu chu chu sound, then it play a rock tune. Then it expulse all the steam in one loud CHU.
when finish it play cuckoo tune. CUCKOO!!!
My old tiger give me less sticky rice and better tase than this cuckooo !!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Kellie9

Kellie9Perth

Expected More

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Tom. V

Tom. VKeilor East

Love the cooker

The cocker arrived quickly but I found that a small part (the "over flow tube inside") was broken. I contacted Cuckoo Australia, but they said they only replace the part at their service centre in Clayton, which is far away from my home. I think they should have done better than that by sending the part to me. I love the cooker though, it's fast and the rice tastes better.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

James P.

James P.melbourne

My first Cuckoo and I love it. Great for brown rice and multi cook.

Very good product purchased this 10 cup Electric Rice Pressure cooker after owning a smaller Cuckoo one for several years. The first few times that I made the rice, it came out a little sticky, but after adjusting the heat setting (as was recommended), the rice came out perfectly! I now make both brown and white rice it several times a week and have not had any problems with the quality. The Cuckoo rice pressure cookers give the rice a shiny texture and even if the rice is left in the unit overnight, in the warming mode, the rice remains fluffy and tastes as if you've just made it. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking to purchase another rice cooker. If you eat rice every day, this is the one yo want to buy!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

The best rice cookers ever!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
lai

laiSydney

bad quality

I bought from a Korean shop in Campsie, cost me $400 , after one year the touch screen failed. repaired under warranty , two things very annoying, I cleaned it regularly, it still make a messy when cook rice even only cook small amount and with recommended water level. Had a few times can not open the lid , after pressure is released fully , Last week the lid stuck again , spend 2 hour still failed to open it , I put it in the bin.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
dong5deankim

dong5deankimsydney

Perfect ! I am using the newest silver CHSS model...

I had different company rice cooker that didn't last long...
rice won't last long enough (after 8 hours or so rice become hard and really hard to eat)
this one. rice is just so delicious and yummy. Especially for brown rice. It becomes just really soft and easier to digest.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Jill Huak

Jill HuakSydney

Finally in english!

I was looking for a rice cooker and was recommended the cuckoo brand by a korean friend. I bought the heritage model as it was the only model with an english menu and voice function. It looks great, like a little rice cooking terminator! There are various automatic cooking modes for different types of rice - looking forward to trying them all!
great design, cooks other food besides rice, amazing brown rice
it can be a bit heavy to store and take out everytime u want to cook rice, ok if you leave in one place in kitchen

andlepvictoria, 3058

I'm cuckoo for cuckoo.

andlep

Full English version here http://www.mylivingstore.com.au/cuckoo/267-cuckoo-rice-cooker-heritage-hw1087f.html

RivalAU

Love it, worth the price tag.

cathy
cathy

How is the power requirement of this rice cooker? is it work fine with the australian power 240v 50hz? I saw that on the website require for 60hz

Cathy you can buy ones made for Australia from Korean Markets :D

Lilluz
Lilluz

Hi. Can anyone tell me which Korean markets I can buy this rice cooker from please?

Tigermummyasked

How long does your cuckoo take to cook 2 cups of white rice and which one do you have? Looking at the $330 ones

Hello
Its been a while since Ive used my Cuckoo as Im overseas but I think maybe 15-20 minutes. I have the largest one 10 cup Cuckoo (think I paid approx $700) and for versatility (cooking foods other than rice) I think its necessary. If you only want to cook rice and smaller volumes then I think the one you are looking at should be fine.

thanh

thanhasked

I just bought cuckoo rice cookers (6cups),but it is quite small for my family, can I change it to take (10 cups)?

Corey

I think you’ll need to chat with the distributor but I imagine they won’t allow it if it’s been used. I’ve got the 10 cup and is a good size. Maybe you could sell the 6 cup and put the money towards the 10 cup

Coreyasked

I asked a question months ago. No answer. Some of these reviews don't say which item they bought so how are we meant to make use of these reviews? Anything worth reading is too old and out of date. Not helpful

Get an answer from our members and Cuckoo representatives

CategoryRice Cookers