8Cuisinart Pressure Cooker

3.0

DOnnaK
DOnnaKQueensland
  CPC-600A

It does what it’s supposed to do

This appliance is awesome. I’ve had it for 19 years and it’s still going really well. It’s easy to use and easy to clean. My main dish I make in it is stroganoff, with a cheaper meat and it comes out tender. Show details
Paul
PaulSydney, NSW
  Pressure Cooker

No good

Fast slow cook is only Luke warm , ruined one expensive meat purchase managed to save last on stove top , no good , it’s gone down to the curb and won’t be coming back Show details
suemarshall14
suemarshall14Hobart, TAS3 posts

Very Disappointed

Really happy with this when I first got it however now it is not working properly. The steam valve is hit and miss putting it in the write place. Too many times it has failed to build pressure and instead just boiled the food even for simple rice dishes. Not happy. Show details
Brandie
BrandieSydney, NSW
  CPC-600

Still kicking on in 2020!

I was gifted this pressure cooker in 2016. Not going to lie, I had never pressure cooked or had a desire to so it sat in the box for a few months until I got curious enough to try it... I loved it! I have had it ever since, never skipped a beat and SO easy to clean... still looks brand new. Very impressed with all my cuisinart products. Show details
Skeeter
SkeeterEchuca2 posts

Excellent product

This is the third pressure cooker which I have purchased online. My first attempt was a failure...my fault, pressure relief valve was not in right place. Works perfectly now for chicken (20 minutes) & corned beef (50 minutes) in high pressure...both placed on included rack, with a cup of hot water & a good splash of cooking oil.
A minor/major problem was the power cord which did not connect to the cooker securely. I replaced with one from another pressure cooker.
Interesting that there are many negative comments posted here. My suggestion is the pressure release valve. If it is not placed correctly on the small dot near the word "pressure" the unit will not count down once started.
Seal inside lid is easily removed & replaced for cleaning. Show details
yakflow
yakflowSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Verified CPC-610XA
holly
holly
RockingRobyn2 posts
  CPC-600

Timing doesn't hold if you brown or saute first as in the recipe book

I really wanted this pressure cooker to impress but no, it did not. After sauteeing and browning for a shank recipe then moved to cook the shanks, this pressure cooker continued to disappoint. As soon as it reaches temperature it would shut off. Piece of nice looking junk. Back to my cooktop pressure cooker.

RockingRobyn

It's faulty, if in warranty they should replace. I was given one recently had to cheuck it out as out of warranty. I prefer stovetop anyhow,

Callie
Callie
  CPC-600

I will NEVER buy Cuisinart products again!

We purchased two of these pressure cookers. One for me, one for my son. The pots both have a line on bottom like its peeling. I called Cuisinatt customer service, they could've cared less. I only had the cookers for a month! The girl I spoke with was no help at all. Never again will I purchase Cuisinart. Poor customer service!

Richard love
Richard love2 posts
  CPC-610XA

Keeps going to keep warm mode

Managed to do 1meal in it without it clicking over to "keep warm" mode. Tried everything to get it to work but it just keeps turning off. It would make a very nice door stop. Please do your homework before you buy this as there are heaps of people having the same problem.

Disappointed E
Disappointed E

This sucks!

Received as gift. Used 5x over in 1 year. Digital lights have burned out, red pressure bulb must be manipulated to get to pop, unit overheats almost everytime, won't stay in pressure mode and has been a massive disappointment as a fan of cuisinart and user of several of their products.

J H
J H

What a piece of crap

The solution to using this machine is to half fill it way way below the full line. It will then sometimes work. If it almost gets to pressurise and then begins beeping don’t even try again it is so temperamental we have persisted for a year with this model after returning the first one

Very disappointed.

Avoid Cuisinart at all costs

Happy ShopperVictoria25 posts

I am totally converted!

I was sceptical about using pressure cookers but I had heard good things about them. After purchasing and using the Cuisinart Pressure Cooker Plus I am totally converted. I thought it would be really complicated to use. I had assembled it and cooked a meal within the hour! Every stage of the cooking process was done in the pressure cooker (no extra pots and pans to clean), and the food was succulent and full of flavour. As for cleaning it. Piece of cake! So quick and easy (I choose to do this by hand). I'm thoroughly delighted that I took the plunge.

Bakedbeans
BakedbeansGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
  CPC-610XA

Does the job and does it well

Missus wanted a multi purpose cook pot and after reading multiple reviews online decides to go with this. Really happy that we took the plunge. Easy to use and there's heaps of recipes online that you can find. Given it's pretty popular brand, a lot of the recipe are tailored specifically when prepared with this pot.

Pot itself is pretty heavy, but quite durable. Cleaning is quite straight forward. We had it for 6 months and still going strong.

Fluffs
FluffsSouth East Queensland, QLD23 posts

mm0311
mm0311 · Pressure Cooker

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement pot?

Cuisinart
Cuisinart   DM

Thank you for your enquiry. Contact our Australian Customer Service Team on

1800 808 971

Victoria Riddle
Victoria Riddle · Pressure Cooker CPC-600

I purchased the CPC Cuisinart Pressure Cooker in October of 2018. I have used it only thre or four times. I have the same problems other owners have described. Now I just read about a dozen law suits for this model and that it has been discontinued. Now I am afraid to use it! I have the original box , booklet and all packaging as ell as the original receipt, and I registered it. I think that JC Penny should take it back or Cuisinart should. Someone needs to take it back and refund my $76.00! I have always loved a Cuisinart products. I own their high tech food processor and their slim stainless toaster. I love them both! But I want this pressure cooker to be taken back and refunded. How Do I go about that?

Gail G.
Gail G.

I paid 199 dollars only used it about 9times and the seal is kaput and I can’t get a new 1 stinks another thing in life they shouldn’t b allowed

Georgina K
Georgina K · Pressure Cooker Plus CPC-610XA

Price?

Happy Shopper

We actually purchased ours from the Cruisinart website as a part exchange for another product, so we didn't pay the full price. I believe it was $239 on their website.

See all Cuisinart Pressure Cooker questions

Compare all Cuisinart Pressure Cooker listings
CategoryMulti Cookers and Pressure CookersMulti Cookers and Pressure CookersMulti Cookers and Pressure Cookers
Price (RRP) $239