Cuisinart Pressure Cooker

Cuisinart Pressure Cooker

CPC-610A, CPC-600 and CPC-600A

Absolute lemon

This pressure cooker is absolute rubbish and the worst appliance I have ever bought. I bought it because it was reviewed as one of the 10 best pressure cookers to buy. I also liked the simplicity of it, and the fact that it was easy to clean and was a reasonable price. I am new to pressure cooking so didn't want to many bells and whistles. I have had it for nearly 4 months and it has been nothing but a headache. It worked the first time I used it...but after that it just went to hell. I have used it approximately 8 times (I would have used it more...but got sick of playing around with it) and out of those 8 dishes it worked 3 times without me having to investigate to see what the problem was. It comes up to pressure and then stops. I have done all the checks and made sure nothing is blocking the valve; made sure the ring is on correctly, and that the valve is turned to 'pressure' etc...but nothing I do makes this appliance work properly. It is an absolute lemon. Now I have to waste more time ringing Cuisinart to see what can be done about it, then package it and send it to wherever they are to get it repaired, and hope that it comes back fixed. Not only that but the inconvenience of not having the appliance, which was bought for convenience sake! Never again!

Purchased in March 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $186.00.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Several times a week
Features / Functions
Pressure Cooking

I just bought an instant pot and cut my losses on the cuisinart

To say that the Cuisinart is tempermental is an understatement. It has frustrated me ever since I bought it. It's great when it works, but it is a terrible experience trying to get it to work. I stayed up for hours one night trying to get it to work. I finally had to go to bed without getting it to work. It seems that if you heat it up for ANYTHING such as sautéing, it won't work again until it has COMPLETELY cooled down, which means the next day!!
So I could not finish my recipe after the first step of sautéing. What should have taken an hour to cook, wasn't completed until the next day. I bought this to save time and worry with cooking and it does just the opposite. Who can wait around for hours trying to turn on the device, having to check it over and over again to see if it's cool enough to turn on again. Arruugh!! I get frustrated just thinking about all the times I struggled with this! My model is discontinued and I am stuck with junk. And I am sure the company knew of this problem. Never again!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Timing doesn't hold if you brown or saute first as in the recipe book

I really wanted this pressure cooker to impress but no, it did not. After sauteeing and browning for a shank recipe then moved to cook the shanks, this pressure cooker continued to disappoint. As soon as it reaches temperature it would shut off. Piece of nice looking junk. Back to my cooktop pressure cooker.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
It's faulty, if in warranty they should replace. I was given one recently had to cheuck it out as out of warranty. I prefer stovetop anyhow,

I will NEVER buy Cuisinart products again!

We purchased two of these pressure cookers. One for me, one for my son. The pots both have a line on bottom like its peeling. I called Cuisinatt customer service, they could've cared less. I only had the cookers for a month! The girl I spoke with was no help at all. Never again will I purchase Cuisinart. Poor customer service!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Keeps going to keep warm mode

Managed to do 1meal in it without it clicking over to "keep warm" mode. Tried everything to get it to work but it just keeps turning off. It would make a very nice door stop. Please do your homework before you buy this as there are heaps of people having the same problem.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

This sucks!

Received as gift. Used 5x over in 1 year. Digital lights have burned out, red pressure bulb must be manipulated to get to pop, unit overheats almost everytime, won't stay in pressure mode and has been a massive disappointment as a fan of cuisinart and user of several of their products.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

What a piece of crap

The solution to using this machine is to half fill it way way below the full line. It will then sometimes work. If it almost gets to pressurise and then begins beeping don’t even try again it is so temperamental we have persisted for a year with this model after returning the first one
Very disappointed.
Avoid Cuisinart at all costs

Date PurchasedAug 2017

I am totally converted!

I was sceptical about using pressure cookers but I had heard good things about them. After purchasing and using the Cuisinart Pressure Cooker Plus I am totally converted. I thought it would be really complicated to use. I had assembled it and cooked a meal within the hour! Every stage of the cooking process was done in the pressure cooker (no extra pots and pans to clean), and the food was succulent and full of flavour. As for cleaning it. Piece of cake! So quick and easy (I choose to do this by hand). I'm thoroughly delighted that I took the plunge.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Does the job and does it well

Missus wanted a multi purpose cook pot and after reading multiple reviews online decides to go with this. Really happy that we took the plunge. Easy to use and there's heaps of recipes online that you can find. Given it's pretty popular brand, a lot of the recipe are tailored specifically when prepared with this pot.

Pot itself is pretty heavy, but quite durable. Cleaning is quite straight forward. We had it for 6 months and still going strong.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Works well and simple operation

Very simple to use and also good customer service. The pressure cooker works really well and I have cooked some beautiful hearty meals in no time. Also good for making bone broth and liquid stock; help using up veggies and carcasses to make nutritious broth. Warranty period was what sold me and also good reviews from Amazon.com customers. I have used it for slow cooker too and it works well. The browning function was good too, less cleaning up. Makes good one pot meals. Washing up is easy and can also throw most parts into dishwasher.
One negative point was the non-stick bowl has tiny chip within 1 month of owing it, maybe as I used it to pressure cook a few pieces of lamb shanks. Maybe the bone scratched it while cooking under pressure? Not sure...
A stainless bowl would be a great idea if cuisine art can sell it or add a spare bowl with the unit.
The unit doesn't have a delay start like some other pressure/slow cooker, personally the haven't needed this function.
The machine was bought 2+ years ago and it sat in my cupboard for a while. now I use it 1-2x a week. if you have a Thermomix or thermo cooker, this is a great addition to cook whole food or just to cook in big batches and freeze for later.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Does everything it claims...and then some.

Easy peasee to use....It does the job with ease....After just a few cook-ups, you will feel at ease using this fantastic Cooker for all your cooking needs...A quality product, that comes with an excellent Warranty. It really doesn't have any negatives, and once used, its quite easy to clean. I feel that anyone can buy this product with confidence.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

This is all I want for perfect cooking! It's time saver.

It's easy to use. Detailed description of all features. Most of the time we make Indian food and I found most of all features very useful for our style of food. Specifically I can make better curry with this product than without. It doesn't alter taste which happens with some pressure cooker. Very easy to wash in dishwasher so I use almost very single day.
I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Love cooking with a pressure cooker, but this one is finicky

Certain things come out great. It works best with items that need a lot of water (like soup or beans). But when you do something that you don't want to put a lot of water (like lasagna) it will keep going to the warm setting and wont build pressure. That is frustrating as I have ruined food because of this or it takes forever, which defeats the purpose of cooking with pressure.

Does not work!

I returned one Cuisinart CPC-600 pressure cooker because it went to "warm" mode as soon as it reached pressure. Now the second one does the same thing if I use the brown or sauté mode first. I have even put the entire unit out side in below freezing weather to cool it down, and it still will go to the warm mode if I have browned meat first. I am researching another brand so I can trash this useless boat anchor.

Bad Customer Service

Mine did the same and when I called about warranty the charged me $10.00 to ship out the replacement and it cost me another $25.00 to return the bad one. Stay away from this product and all Conair/Cuisinart products. I have read of others having the same problem. I think we should do a class action suit.

I love it - best appliance I have bought in years - and I've bought a few!

This is a combination slow cooker/pressure cooker/browning/steaming all singing and dancing appliance. I have not used it for browning - mainly pressure cooking and it is great. I really wonder if the negative reviewers have used the appliance correctly and have the insert for the lid correctly placed etc. The seal does really absorb the odours of whatever you are cooking, but - it doesn't interfere with the taste of the next dish. I have owned two pressure cookers previously and this one, far and away, is the easiest and most foolproof one I have ever had. I wouldn't care if the other functions weren't there - I would buy it on the basis of its excellent pressure cooking abilities. I wish I had of bought one when they first came out because they are a truly set and forget cooking tool. Thankyou Cuisinart - and no, I don't work for them or have any relaitonship with them.

Total Rubbis

Husband bought it for me. Used it three times, browned the meat, followed instructions, placed it on high pressure, set time to 20 min, then after only 2 min, it beeps and stops, goes to warm, don't waste your money, I will be returning mine.

so frustrating!

Had enough!
Set the cooking time and pressure (low or high). Press start. Starts beautifully.
After a short while, it STOPS with a beep that we have come to hate.
No matter how runny or liquid the cooking medium, it just keeps turning off.
Have replaced the top seal. No change.
Today we finally decided to bin it and get another brand.
can't think
Stops during cooking cycle

Post Script: The "work around" we found by accident is to only use the "Low Pressure" setting. Faultless so far and only slightly increased cooking times required.PPS The Low Pressure decided to stop working. It is now in the bin!

Cooks as promised.

I am happy with my Cuisinart but it was a little more expensive than other brands and I have no idea if there is any difference between this and a cheaper brand. I haven't yet needed parts, such as a new seal or inner lid which eventually need replacing but looking at the prices online I suspect parts will be more expensive than hoped for. Comes with a reasonable instruction and recipe book. My cooker has a loose connection where the cord plugs into the appliance and I have to jiggle it around to get a connection but I didn't return it because I purchased online and it is too much trouble to return. I don't use this appliance as much as my Convection Oven but find it perfect for corned beef, steamed chicken fillets to use in other recipes, and especially useful in winter for casseroles and soup.
Easy to use. Cooks perfectly.
Cost of essential replacement parts.

Waste of money- useless

Absolute waste of money. Same problem as everyone else it seems. Worked fine the first time but now cuts out and goes to keep warm mode before reaching pressure. Tried to take it back to where i purchased it but was treated like an [censored word removed] and was asked if i had read the instructions. Was then told it couldnt be returned as it had been used????? How else would i know it didnt work. I cant afford to be ripped off like this. Was so excited with this purchase, now so angry.

Price?
We actually purchased ours from the Cruisinart website as a part exchange for another product, so we didn't pay the full price. I believe it was $239 on their website.

Can anyone recommend where I can purchase the plug in cord for this product? I have gone to store in Melbourne that sell this product.. but not extra parts. Cheers Rocio
Cuisinart Australia stock spare parts http://cuisinart.com.au/search.php?search_query=Pressure+cooker&Search=

I was in love with this appliance, but after more than a year of use, it's no longer sealing correctly. I purchased this from Kitchen Warehouse in Cockburn. Is it possible to get a new seal or do I have to return the whole appliance?
Hi Jen...Most of the manufactures of these appliances suggest that we replace the main seal, being the one that secures the lid, on a yearly basis. It doesn't really matter which brand we have, these seals are very readily available directly from the company, or from their retailers. In my own case, I have a number of different brands of Pressure Cookers, and have always found the different companies very prompt to respond to sending out a replacement seal, without any great expense. Most of the modern seals seem to be made from a 'silicon' material. I hope this assists you....Regards....Joshua.Hi, As soon as I bought my cooker I purchased replacement seals. I bought them from EBay (they came from Hong Kong) and were heaps cheaper than the brand name seal. I have not had to use them yet, but I can't see any reason not to save money and buy a generic brand - it really looks identical to the branded one. Good luck.

Pressure Cooker Plus CPC-610APressure Cooker CPC-600Pressure Cooker CPC-600A