D-Link AC750 DSL-2878

See the Best Modems / Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terrible Performance

While the device is relatively easy to set up, the performance is absolutely terrible.

Without any external antennae, the 5GHz range is relatively bad even compared to usual 5GHz range. The 2.4GHz is reasonable, but coupled with the consistent speed drops and connection drop outs that plague both wireless (frequently) and wired (infrequent but enough to be frustrating) it makes the router fairly useless for most tasks.

If you're browsing the web for even a short period of time, you'll experience timeouts and problems resolving websites. That's not world-ending if you're browsing, but if you're trying to play games online or are in the middle of streaming video... it is a continual source of frustration.

Considering the price point of this model, there are cheaper and more reliable routers out there if you've only got two or three devices on your network. If you have more than 3-4, then avoid this product and spend a little more money to get something that will provide you with consistent performance.

Purchased in June 2019 for $149.00.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
ISPInternode ADSL
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

This modem is excellent

The modem I got from JB HiFi is easy to set up and performs excellently. It never drops out and can stably get connect to the internet. Its administrative control software is very user friendly. The only shortfall is that you can not register the purchase for warranty due to software glitch.

I have a DSL-2878 & I'm having trouble with internet connection. The trouble happens quite a lot, I will have connection & it will drop-out on my laptop so connected but no internet. I check my phones wifi & I have internet connection. I have 2 phones, 1laptop & 1 camera to connect. sometimes I turn wifi on once & its connected again, other times I turn it off & on so many times I give up. does anyone have any ideas for me. Cheers Geoff. T

How do I connect my home phone to this modem

CategoryModems / Routers