D-link Cobra AC5300 DSL-5300

D-link Cobra AC5300 DSL-5300

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ThomasGoulburn Valley, VIC

Blazing fast speed aggressive styling

Purchased in February 2019 at Computer Alliance Online store for $539.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices

Very powerful and versatile Modem/Router

Date PurchasedMay 2018

SpodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Change of Review.

initially I had exactly the same problem as others. I was trying to configure more than 3 port forwards. It would not save settings and was useless for its intended purpose. After hitting up their tech support for a few weeks I was given access to a new Australian Firmware that resolved these software glitches. Hasn't skipped a beat. Would have been 5 stars but they should never have released it in the state it was. The firmware I was supplied at the time was a beta version and wasn't available to all. Check their Australian website for the update before purchasing.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Doug D

Doug DPerth

Buggy software, settings disappear! Useless

Was excited to receive this modem router after reading all the great reviews. But major disappointmentr. When I added all my settings and saved them, it lost all my Port Forwarding settings I reentered many times and eventually it saved 3 Rules but any more disappeared.

For a $700 router to have major faults like this is a complete joke. Have D-Link never tested it properly or just with some default settings. Terrible! Sending back to supplier and looking for better brand.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Prasath N.

Prasath N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Beast of a Modem/Router

An awesome upgrade from the Taipan AC3200 on the same chasis! With 8 beam-forming antennas - it looks like a mean spider on my desk! Quadcore processors providing more than needed processing power. Amazing coverage around the house (average sized 3 bedroom home). Price is very much on the up side - only recommended for powerhouse users. Modem is ADSL, VDSL (FTTN, FTTC and FTTB) and FTTP (Ethernet WAN) compliant.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

FloppyMinkyasked

Has anyone successfully used this modem for FTTC connection ? I purchased for that purpose and first NBN connection not working yet. NBN provider usually sells NetCom router, but the wifi on that one not as good d as Cobra and sue to our house arrangement we need all those funky cobra aerials. However the NBN provider said maybe the problem is it is not compatible with FTTC. The documentation implies it is. So would just like a verified purchaser (or D-link user/rep) who has actually connected FTTC to Cobra successfully

john

This modem will work on all connections. Whether it be FTTN FTTC NBN fibre or ADSL 2 they all work with this modem

FloppyMinky

I’ve read everything I can find on the settings to choose to make the connection work but nothing I’ve tried has worked. So hoping someone can give me specific settings that have been tried. For a while I had the choice residential gateway giving internet access but not nbn. Now nothing. Tried vlan 2.

Jim

Jimasked

Does this modem/router have a button to turn the wifi off?

No it does not.

Thomas

Gday Jim if you reach over the back of the unit next to where the power supply connects in you'll find a round power button cheers

Hi Jim
Whilst it does not have a button to turn the wifi on and off physically you can login to the modem interface and turn of the wifi through the software
Hope this answers your question
John

Sandy McC

Sandy McCasked

Have you seen this advice "Curiously, the SRA (Seamless Rate Adaption) option was disabled by default – something we discovered after our first dropped connection. NBN recommends having SRA enabled to help avoid dropped connections. Once we turned on SRA, we didn't experience any dropouts and the connection remained rock solid during our five day test period."

Get an answer from our members and D-Link representatives