D-Link AC2300 DSL-3890

D-Link AC2300 DSL-3890

MPN: DSL-3890
See the Best Modems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for D-Link? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.1
  • Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range

Works as a router, but not a modem

I bought this modem/router to replace my Telstra Gen 2 Smart Modem. I could not get it connected to the internet regardless of what I tried. I contacted Dlink and they gave me a standard response (i.e. explained how to do a default setup, which I had already done a number of times). They have not responded to my follow up questions. I have now got it working as a router which means I am still relying on my Telstra modem to provide internet. If I wanted this type of setup I could have saved $100 and bought a router.

Purchased in March 2021 at Officeworks Physical store.

Robin K.
Robin K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect for NBN, hard to configure though

bought to replace belong nbn modem, connect wizard doesnt work, contacted dlink chat support who fixed the issue within a few minutes, range is awesome and no dropouts, well done!

Purchased in December 2020 for $168.00.

Other Modems

quicker more reliable than the ISP router

Quicker more reliable it might be a bit hard to set up if you don't know what you are doing but once you do you will love it the coverage is amazing it covers the whole house just fine

Purchased in November 2020.

Junk x 2

Purchased unit but can't log into the internet - it doesn't recognize it 's own password/s
My IT bloke couldn't help. Took it back to Officeworks and got another unit - exact same problem. Refund please.
DO NOT BUY THIS !!!

Purchased in October 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $249.00.

Modems

Find out how D-Link AC2300 DSL-3890 compares to other Modems

Nate
NateGold Coast, -Choose a state-

Garbage, expensive good for nothing but a small boat anchor. Wish I read reviews first.

Doesn't connect to my provider after 3 hours of trouble shooting painstakingly through the overseas based technical support thats typical with many isp's with no success. Went back to the store to return it after 3 hours of troubleshooting, Wish I had read these reviews before buying I would have saved the round trip plus the 3 hours of stress. I reconnected a free modem I had which worked immediately.
I don't recommend this product.

Purchased in October 2020 for $249.00.

Nemo
Nemo

I can't connect it to my FTTC nbn. The wizard seems very basic and wont connect to the nbn. Used to work for ADSL.

The wizard is very basic and wont connect to the nbn. Used to work for ADSL. The manual is obtuse and there are no youtube guides. Support is vacant. I will not by another D-Link ever again

Purchased in October 2019 for $249.00.

TheHBpencil
TheHBpencilSydney Surrounds, NSW

Won't connect with iinet

Disappointed as purchased it to replace the iinet supplied (Technicolor) which can't handle more than 4 devices connected to wifi and it won't connect to iinet. Have to return it after 4 hours with Tech support and a further couple of hours myself trying to troubleshoot it online. It says for NBN on the packaging but its a no. Hopefully I can return it as purchased online otherwise the 4 aerials may allow it to double as a boat anchor albeit probably not heavy enough for that.

Purchased in May 2020 for $189.00.

Chris
ChrisBrisbane

Very dissapointed

Returning this tomorrow, multiple wifi devices need to be manually reconnected after a few house of non use. Never had a problem previously. Also, unable to use special characters within the wifi password is an absolute joke. Gives you the idea what sort of 'technology company' d-link is. User interface is very limited and terrible to use, e.g. refreshing the page takes you back to the login page. Brand has massively gone downhill, look elsewhere.

Purchased in May 2020.

Other Modems

Shaun C.
Shaun C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed

Quite disappointed, modem was dead on arrival, powered up but wouldn’t connect, even had NBN co come to site as my ISP thought it was an issue with my connection. Couldn’t get the modem to work, super disappointed.

Purchased for $180.00.