D-Link N300 DSL-G225

D-Link N300 DSL-G225

MPN: ING-3570435

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PeCo

PeCoMelbourne

A very good entry level modem/router

I already have a D-Link ADSL modem/router, so I am familiar with the user interface for setting up the modem, or changing settings. I needed a new modem/router that supported VDSL after we were switched over to the NBN FTTN (Fibre To The Node) technology. Setup was simple, but I could not get the file share to work, so eventually contacted D-Link Support. I had to reload the modem Firmware, and now the file sharing works perfectly. This product was discounted as a customer return.

Purchased in November 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for $60.00.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
ISPMint Telecom NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Tim G

Tim GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Well priced with OK performance

Easy to install and setup. Maintains NBN signal reasonably well. However does need to be restarted every so often. Good value for the price, reasonable range and coverage. Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for $89.95.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
ISPMate NBN 50 (Best Mates)
ModemD-Link N300 DSL-G225

Brett M.

Brett M.South East Queensland, QLD

slow wifi!

it's an ok router! I do have the occasional drop out supports voip and dual-band wifi
got it from aussie broadband a decent provider highly recommend them but that's for another review

Purchased in August 2019 at Officeworks for $50.00.

Number of Connected Devices 16 devices
ISPAussie Broadband Mobile Broadband
ModemD-Link N300 DSL-G225
Stone78

Stone78Cloverdale

Good and easy to use

This modem was the best priced one I cpuld find and Im very happy with it.
It was user friendly for me which was very important. Small in size which is another positive.
Oversll very happy with the purchase snsnd would highly recommend this modem to anyone shopping for one.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Nelson

Nelson

The connection kept on dropped out

Bought this item from Officework for NBN FTTN. It connected to the internet fine however the connection kept on dropped out every hour. I tried another modem, it worked just fine without dropped out, therefore I brought the item back to Officework and explained to them about the issues and received a refund.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

saucy6969

saucy6969NSW, 2780

Nice little nbn modem

Got this modem as a part of using Mungi Internet. Arrived within 2 days of purchase. It’s small. Lightweight. Vertical positioning so it doesn’t take up too much room. Lights aren’t too bright at nighttime. Super quiet and doesn’t seem to heat up much. Quick installation via D-link and Internet was up and running smoothly.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Daniel

Daniel

Good product

Easiest setup ever using the one touch app for android. I have my ADSL broadband running and home network devices connected within minutes. It has so many features of a high end router with a fraction of price. Definitely worth it at this bargain price.It's has great range we have no problem with online gaming

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Juleen

JuleenMelbourne

It's okay - not awful but not great

Like a similar reviewer, I purchased this modem out of necessity because of moving to a location that required a modem that was NBN compatible. Admittedly, the reason behind why I bought this model was mostly due to annoyance and frugal-interest. I was annoyed I could no longer use my previous modem and didn't want to spend a massive amount of money for an NBN compatible modem, and thus chose this one. In terms of speed, this modem could be better but for the price, you're more or less getting what you paid for. It's easy to use, relatively easy to set up and I like how small it is compared to other modems. If you're on a budget, living in a household with only a couple people or if you're living alone, it's a reliable modem.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Josiah B

Josiah B

Perfect, Using as Modem

Been using this as a modem (without any network set up) connected to my more powerful DLINK router, has been working fast and flawlessly. Have not needed to restart yet. Bought as it works with Teleron's VLAN tagging requirement, once set up correctly it does this well. Would recommend completely.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Nana M

Nana MMelbourne

Not too bad

Got it is because switched over to NBN, need get a new modem which supports NBN, it is not hard to configure, almost 7 months until now, there are 3 downtimes not including the NBN box's downtime, after restart the modem it will reset the password for some how, but all devices are connected ok.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Rowan Q

Rowan QMelbourne

Good router, good options, loses configuration after reboot

EDIT: I have changed my opinion as there is a new version of the firmware as of December 2017 that resolves all of these issues. I believe this product does what is says on the box now but have kept my original review below for context.

The device is like any other router on the market. It has the appropriate settings for most options, however, after a reboot of the device, it seems it loses the previous set settings. Mostly in relation to the wireless component of the unit. You then must login with an Ethernet cable and turn it back on.

Date PurchasedJun 2017