3D-Link N300 DSL-G225

2.7
3.2
2.3
3.1
Brand Manager for D-Link? Claim your listing.

kanamaluka
kanamalukaLaunceston, TAS13 posts

Poor quality and difficult to set-up

This has been a really unreliable modem router and we've ended up throwing it out.
The instructions to set it up are vague and we had to guess a few steps and rely on our ISP who had a better manual than we could access. Once setup it was really unreliable and would disconnect from the internet. The ISP identified that it was somehow resetting or changing the DNS IP addresses. We were lucky if we could get 3 or 4 hours continuous connection before needing to reboot and reinstall. Show details
S. Walsh
S. Walsh22 posts

CEZ
CEZAU4 posts

Absolute rubbish

It has to be one of the most unreliable modem routers on the market. Instructions to setup are vague but managed to get it set up with ISP support. Found that it is very unstable and having spent hours with my ISP troubleshooting the problem - rebooting, trying different cables, reinstalling firmware and even getting a check on the NBN but eventually discovered that it keeps resetting the DNS IP addresses, even when manually entered, and would disconnect from the internet. I think that the longest continuous connection was about 40 minutes before it’d disconnect.
It’s only useful as an ugly paperweight. Show details
Ben K.
Ben K.

Rubbish

Owned for 2 months over which time I've had consistently low speeds (<10mbps) despite a 50mbps plan. Overnight it just kept dropping out and now has no internet at all. Product support phone line had about as good a line quality as my internet, so could hardly hear them. 40mins later and no resolution except return to place of purchase and try again. Show details
Justaman
Justaman5 posts

Affordable and Good Speed

Got this modem after I got NBN at home. Didn't want to speed a mortgage worth of Modem just to get simple Wifi at home.
The speed is good, make sure you upgrade the firmware from the Modem Support page.
PMC
PMCGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC21 posts

A very good entry level modem/router

I already have a D-Link ADSL modem/router, so I am familiar with the user interface for setting up the modem, or changing settings. I needed a new modem/router that supported VDSL after we were switched over to the NBN FTTN (Fibre To The Node) technology. Setup was simple, but I could not get the file share to work, so eventually contacted D-Link Support. I had to reload the modem Firmware, and now the file sharing works perfectly. This product was discounted as a customer return. Show details
Tim G
Tim GSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Well priced with OK performance

Easy to install and setup. Maintains NBN signal reasonably well. However does need to be restarted every so often. Good value for the price, reasonable range and coverage. Would definitely recommend. Show details
Brett M.
Brett M.South East Queensland, QLD8 posts

slow wifi!

it's an ok router! I do have the occasional drop out supports voip and dual-band wifi
got it from aussie broadband a decent provider highly recommend them but that's for another review Show details
Stone78
Stone78Cloverdale5 posts

Good and easy to use

This modem was the best priced one I cpuld find and Im very happy with it.

It was user friendly for me which was very important. Small in size which is another positive.

Oversll very happy with the purchase snsnd would highly recommend this modem to anyone shopping for one.

Nelson
Nelson6 posts

The connection kept on dropped out

Bought this item from Officework for NBN FTTN. It connected to the internet fine however the connection kept on dropped out every hour. I tried another modem, it worked just fine without dropped out, therefore I brought the item back to Officework and explained to them about the issues and received a refund.

saucy6969
saucy6969Sydney Surrounds, NSW22 posts

Nice little nbn modem

Got this modem as a part of using Mungi Internet. Arrived within 2 days of purchase. It’s small. Lightweight. Vertical positioning so it doesn’t take up too much room. Lights aren’t too bright at nighttime. Super quiet and doesn’t seem to heat up much. Quick installation via D-link and Internet was up and running smoothly.

Daniel
Daniel4 posts

Good product

Easiest setup ever using the one touch app for android. I have my ADSL broadband running and home network devices connected within minutes. It has so many features of a high end router with a fraction of price. Definitely worth it at this bargain price.It's has great range we have no problem with online gaming

Juleen
JuleenMelbourne6 posts

It's okay - not awful but not great

Like a similar reviewer, I purchased this modem out of necessity because of moving to a location that required a modem that was NBN compatible. Admittedly, the reason behind why I bought this model was mostly due to annoyance and frugal-interest. I was annoyed I could no longer use my previous modem and didn't want to spend a massive amount of money for an NBN compatible modem, and thus chose this one. In terms of speed, this modem could be better but for the price, you're more or less getting what you paid for. It's easy to use, relatively easy to set up and I like how small it is compared to other modems. If you're on a budget, living in a household with only a couple people or if you're living alone, it's a reliable modem.

Josiah B
Josiah B4 posts

Perfect, Using as Modem

Been using this as a modem (without any network set up) connected to my more powerful DLINK router, has been working fast and flawlessly. Have not needed to restart yet. Bought as it works with Teleron's VLAN tagging requirement, once set up correctly it does this well. Would recommend completely.

Nana M
Nana MMelbourne4 posts

Not too bad

Got it is because switched over to NBN, need get a new modem which supports NBN, it is not hard to configure, almost 7 months until now, there are 3 downtimes not including the NBN box's downtime, after restart the modem it will reset the password for some how, but all devices are connected ok.