Danoz Swivel Sweeper

Danoz Swivel Sweeper

Max and G2

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nothing like advertised

I have had 3 of the older type red swivel sweeper and they were fantastic. As for the new type it is dreadful. Battery does not last more than three minutes, does not pick up well and flicks pieces of dirt all over the place. As for working on carpet - hopeless. My old ones worked well on short haired mats this one does nothing except lose battery power. I am very very disappointed with this product. Give me back the old red one any day.

Purchased in June 2019 for $49.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Linoleum and Wood

Only used 3 times, Batteries dead or won't charge, great idea though.

Used 3 time only on immaculate polished tilled floors and it moved easily at first, I thought it great.
Then the "Super Sliders" as they're called on the box (white plastic caps on the base of the sweeper in all 4 corners) to make it "Glide effortlessly on all floor surfaces"(Reference from Packaging of the - Cordless Swivel Sweeper G2 , As seen on TV , Danoz) began to SCRAPE the Tiles, and brushes labouring like they were to close to the floor, then nothing......It would switch off. Tried leaving it on charge, it would buzz for seconds then die. Gave up and would urge danoz to send a replacement for the false and misleading information on the packaging and marketing of its features. I was looking forward to trying this and will patiently wait for my complimentary feedback and replacement sweeper from danoz, as I think they'll do the right thing by me as a customer. Thanks

Purchased in October 2018.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used: Rarely
Pet OwnerNo
Please respond Danoz

Life if battery non existant

Bought the first one through Big W. Battery dies after 1 month of use. Got my money back. Bought one via Danoz, gave one to my mum. Really embarrassed when hers stopped working and then mine stopped working. Waste of money. Sticking with my vacuum cleaner..

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Sorry to hear this Peggy. Your machine comes with a one year warranty so please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 135 085 and they will try to resolve this for you. It is advised to charge the battery's for no more than 8 hours, if charged over this time you run risk of burning out the battery. Thank you, Danoz.

What a waste of money.

Don't waste your money . Battery will not hold a charge . Just sitting in the cupboard can't remember who I got it from . Would have been better off getting a stick vaccum . Charge it for hours and it will only vaccum for 4 minutes . Never again

Date PurchasedMar 2017

It is Handy for a couple of things only.

Can not recommend it for hard floor sweeping as the compartment does not securely hold what you are sweeping up. It's a motorised broom only. If you have a lot of human hair around it will tangle around the brushes terribly and will stop brushes rotating and the advertising is not honest, the hair does not just pull off easily..it's a fight! And there are two large and two teeny brushes to remove for cleaning, very awkward. The one and only thing I use it for is for picking up annoying bits of fluff etc on carpets in between vacuuming.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Very disappointed. False advertising must be a camera trick on tv it won’t even pick up

Very disappointed. False advertising must be a party trick. Doesn’t even pick up a granule of bird seed just pushes it along the floor. I won’t be buying anything of tv again. Plus you say it’s quiet it is just about as loud as a vacuum cleaner. Waste of money.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Sim, we are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your purchase. We are surprised to hear it did not pick up the bird seeds. Did you try to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 135 085? Thank you, Danoz.

Best little helper ever

I absolutely love my swivel sweeper max . Makes life easy. I use it every day. I bought 2 gave one away. Then accidentally bought Walter sweeper CHEAPER BUT NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL swivel sweeper. I have just ordered 2 more for friends. Cannot recommend more highly. Do be aware though to only charge battery for 8 hours as per instructions. I have two batteries so i won't be caught out half way through a job. I hope they never go off the market JUST LOVE IT debba953

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to comment. Its always such a pleasure to hear from our happy customers. Take care, Danoz.

Great but incredibly brittle

I loved it at first. Was great for Lino and even carpet. Was picking up heaps of grit and mess.
But my husband was putting it away and it fell off the hook and broke into pieces.
Was really disappointed I thought it would of been more sturdy than it was.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Nicole, we are sorry to hear this. As it fell over it voids the warranty but we are more than happy to work out a replacement machine for a discounted price. This would interest you, please forward an email to customercare@danoz.com.au with your contact information and reference this conversation. Take care, Danoz.I am more disappointed in the materials it’s made out of. Surely it should of been made with more durable materials.

Waste of money

It clogs up quickly with animal hair. Spend more time picking it off the brushes than actual cleaning with it. I paid for the two deal, but, each of them had a packing charge so the company makes money this way. The battery for the second one was dead and unusable so the unused item was useless. I contacted the company and could have got another battery if I paid for it.

A terrible and wasteful product.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hi There, We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with your Swivel Sweeper. Do you have the Swivel Sweeper G2 or the Swivel Sweeper Max? How long was the battery charging for? Thank You, DanozIt didn't charge at all. It was the older version.

Terrible

I purchased this thinking it would be even better than the original one I had a few years back but boy was I wrong. It spits everything everywhere and if it does pick simething up it will shoot it back out a minute later. I have called danoz and they told me to turn the brushes around but it made no difference. They also said to take it back to Big W so I did 5 days later (which is a 45 minute drive) to be told they cant refund or exchanged as it had been used. I did everything danoz told me to do including sending thru copies of my reciept on the first phone call and had no reply for danoz. My sweeper just sits in my cupboard. Waste of $59.99

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Zibby, Thank you for contacting Danoz Direct. We apologise that your are experiencing troubles with your Swivel Sweeper. In relation to you sending the receipts, i have double checked this and i can see we have not yet received this email. I have spoken to our retail manager and she will personally look after you and get this resolved. Can you kindly forward your receipts and contact number to sales@danoz.com.au. We look forward to hearing from you. Danoz

Only worked well for a few months

Bought this for my elderly mother, after only a few months it completely stopped working. We thought it was the battery and contacted the vendor who sent one, unfortunately this did not fix the issue the Swivel Sweeper remains dead. We have since contacted the vendor again and they have informed us that Danoz refuse to refund or further investigate the issue as they've already sent a battery. Would not recommend using the product or Danoz.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Tonia, did you purchase through a privately owned store or directly through Danoz? If the item is faulty due to a manufacturing issue within the first year, your machine should be replaced. Thank you, Danoz.It was purchased online through a vendor called Platinum Deals Australia, they have been the middle man between me and Danoz i believe as Danoz instructed me to contact them regarding the matter. The item was purchased in January. Please instruct me how i can get the item replaced in full and the existing one (including the replacement batter that was sent) returned for review.Hi Tonia, we are more than happy to get this resolved for you. Please send an email with your contact details to sales@danoz.com.au, this is our retail department, the manager there is expecting your email. We apologise for any inconvenience you've experienced. Speak soon, Danoz.

Broken

To begin with I loved this quick way to wipe up small messes without having to get out the big vacuum.
But one day the stick broke and now although it works still and does its job I have to bend down to the broken component to do the job.
I found the stick too flimsy and trying to repair it with super glue etc it broke promptly when used.
would buy this again if it had a thicker stick.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hello, thanks for your comment. Where was your Swivel Sweeper purchased as it may be covered under warranty? If it was purchased through Danoz Direct please contact our friendly Customer Care department on 1300 135 085 and we will try locate your account. Thank you, Danoz.It was a giftHi Jan, is it possible for you to contact the person who purchased and request receipt? If purchased through Danoz and purchased within the last 12 months there is a 12 month warranty. Thank you, Danoz.

Not worth the money

I just received mine and it's not worth unpacking! It does not pick up anything on tile or floor boards and to send them back will cost just as much! So save your money use a broom or just pull out the vacuum. My grandson thought he would use it after spilling crumbs from a cake onto the tile floor guess what the swivel sweeper was useless and the good old vacuum came out,

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Michelle, we are sorry to hear your feedback. Are you aware when you purchase the Swivel Sweeper through Danoz Direct it comes with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee? We would be more than happy to help you with a return if you are not fully satisfied. Thank you Danoz.

Fabulous Product - picks up pet hair - ideal for elderly/those with mobility issues as it is so ligh

I don't usually purchase items advertised on TV but I did here & I am thrilled.
It was 2 for 1 - $99 + 2 x handling fees = $138.90 & worth every cent!
Initially I had a faulty unit & it was replaced within a few days without any drama which was great service.

The sweeper is lightweight, easy to use & picks up my cats long hair which is what I was hoping it would do.
I use it most days just to get any problem areas tidied & it only takes a couple of minutes.
The charge lasts for 3-4 weeks with my usage.
It gets closer to the skirting boards than my vacuum cleaner does & is great for steps & getting under chairs & other items.
I have picked up spilt rice & glitter without a problem but it doesn't like leaves off my potplants.
Due to my long-haired cats, the brushes also take a bit more cleaning than what was shown on TV as it gets stuck in the bristles but I don't mind as it is easier to clean them than be bending down all the time to pick up bits of hair &/or getting the full sized vacuum cleaner out all the time.
It doesn't replace the full sized vacuum cleaner but goes awfully close.

I could see it being ideal for small units, caravans, cleaning up after children, places with stairs & for people with mobility/lifting difficulty.
An elderly friend on a walking frame saw mine & had to purchase - she also loves hers as it allows her to do some of the cleaning that she previously couldn't do.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Some great feedback there, thank you for sharing Sue!! Glad to hear your loving your Sweeper. We could not agree more, this machine is ideal for small units, other small spaces and cleaning up after pets. Take care, Danoz.I am still very impressed with my Swivel Sweeper Max after just over 12 months of use. The only issue is that the hook to hang it away has snapped off. This was rather flimsy. It doesn't affect the use of the sweeper at all but does make storage a little harder. I still say this is "One of the best products" that I've purchased. I do not generally buy items advertised on TV but am so pleased I purchased this one. Most of my friends now have them too!

Only works well for few months

Purchased about a year ago. Black plastic clip on top of see through shield that opens the top to separate for cleaning fell off. Them machine stopped picking up properly. Had to attach tape to keep cover on when plastic clip fell off. Now after several months, one length of brush at front stopped spinning. Have to clean this product every few uses,cempty catch tray & clean brushes. Hair etc also gets caught around inside spinners of brushes. Elderly could not use this product due to constant cleaning maintenance.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Gail, thank you for sharing your feedback. When you experienced the issues with your Swivel Sweepers did you contact our customer care department to report? We are always more than happy to assist our customers. Danoz.Dear Danoz, I have spoken to your customer service team on Monday. I received a reply offering me a $20.00 'discount' if I purchased a NEW SWIVEL SWEEP!! I also received an offer to NOT CHARGE ME FOR SHIPPING. I now refer you to my emaled reply as detailed below. It is quite obvious that no one employed by Danoz understands Australian Consumer legislation. Dear Mary, Thank you for your email. I know that you are just a staff member employed by Danoz, but staff need to be ‘educated’ by the company in Australian Consumer legislation. Legislation states that “a product must be FIT for the purpose for which it is advertised”. The Australian Consumer legislation also states that a person is entitled to a full refund. If you look on productreview.com.au (of which I have been a ‘long time’ member), you will also see that I was very successful in gaining a COMPLETE refund from the company who markets/sells the ‘Eurobed’ on television. I was also successful in giving ‘consumer advice’ to ALL the thousands of members on the productreview site who had experienced major problems with gaining a refund for their faulty Eurobeds. All Eurobeds are faulty and all were doing the same thing. It is a design fault. Same with the Swivel Sweep. If you care to look at the bottom of my email signature here, you will see that I am a Social Scientist. I am qualified in several aspects of law. I have also worked as an ‘advocate’ for people in many capacities. I am now going to pass on your email comments onto the relevant legal authorities for their action. You can’t just ‘offer’ me a $20.00 discount for a seriously faulty product, plus not charge me for ‘shipping’. I also refer to the productreview.com.au site members comments about the Danoz Swivel Sweep product and its inherent faults. There have (to date) had 38 ‘Terrible’ comments and 14 ‘bad’ comments. Below is a small ‘sample’ of same. Please pass these comments on to the Danoz management. I see that ‘someone’ from the Danoz company is making comments in ‘reply’ to members who are unhappy with the product. This person also needs to be aware of Australian Consumer legislation. Mary, I draw your attention to the comment made by a Danoz staff member on the productreview.com.au site where they state that they will refund the customer. So why am I not being refunded as well? Danoz staff member comment…. “Hi Reply from Danoz to the customer who placed a complaint on productreview.com. au "Christiana, that is unfortunate to hear. If you still have the product we will be happy to replace it for you as it may be a fault in the one you have. Please do not hesitate to contact our serv"... It seems that Danoz has different answers to customers! Only the answer above, is correct. The customer is entitled to a FULL refund because the product is quite obviously "not fit for the purpose for which it is advertised". Sincerely GAILHi Gail, I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you do give us the chance to make it right! I would also like to take this chance to comment on your points…. Re:The Australian Consumer legislation also states that a person is entitled to a full refund, This is absolutely right! I believe our customer care team have been emailing you and have requested proof of purchase. This information allows us to get the ball rolling for a refund. This can be a receipt, bank statement etc. Re: In your last email, you mentioned your Swivel Sweeper was not purchased through Danoz Direct. In this case, we have no record of a purchase or an account as it was purchased through a privately owned store. This is the reason why a proof of purchase is needed. I hope you don’t judge the entire company by this one experience. We strive to do just one thing…. Create Human Connection. We will wait for the proof of purchase to come through and look forward to resolving this for you. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or comments or if there is anything we can do to help remedy your experience. Take Care Danoz.

3rd Time Around

3rd time around with the Swivel Sweeper started with G2 then 2 x Max. Same problem with all three at around six months with the plastic cog giving out. This causes as you place the sweeper on the floor the brushes from spinning. Plastic parts cannot take wear and tear. Only vacuum tile floor and carpet bedrooms. Sweeper cleaned regularly and not abused. Disappointed as it works well at the start when new, but only to get 6 months use not worth purchasing.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
HI Jack, we are sorry to hear about your experience. You mentioned your Sweeper only lasted 6 months, have you tried contacting our customer care team on 1300 135 085 as our Swivel Sweepers have a 12 month warranty. If you are having issues with your swivel sweeper, our team are more than happy to help. Thank you, Danoz.Thank You Danoz. Since we made contact to Danoz Customer Care the Max has been replaced.Great news Jack, was a pleasure resolving the issue for you. Take care, Danoz.

Great little battery operated sweeper

I sent for this fully expecting to be disappointed, but what a surprise, its great so easy to use and very light to lift and so easy to store close to where I mainly use it that is in the kitchen (we have two dogs so lots of dog hair on the floor) and it goes from Vinyl to floating wood floor to carpet with ease. Its great for everyday use. So easy to empty. Would recommend to anyone

Great for every day floor cleaning

Love the ease in which it moves it is very light and it swivels to get in all corners.We are in a rental at the moment which has vinyl flooring and carpet.It works perfectly on both and always amazed at the dirt it picks up.The house has 4 bedrooms a lounge and dining room and does the lot without having to recharge.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Worked for awhile

Bought this from Danoz direct at Munno para shopping centre last year it worked very good for awhile but after A few months stopped working it would be okay for someone with no pets as their hair gets.stuck in the wheels and around the brushes stopping it from working would buy if I had no pets

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Lee, did you have the G2 or the Max model? The Max has been designed with removal brushes so it is now easier to clean. If you wish to purchase a new one at a discounted price, please contact our customer care team on 1300 135 085. All you need to do is reference this website/ conversation. Thank you, Danoz.Thank you but I can't afford one at the moment it was aG2 but I will buy the new type when I can save thank youHi Lee, contact our customer care department on 1300 135 085 to opt for a special discount. All you need to do is reference this website/ conversation. Take Care, Danoz.

Excellent cannot recommend this enough

good charge lasts the whole house. not too loud.picks up everything. greats for spills kids pets teenagers. love this thing and cannot recommend it enough wish i could have one at work! dont have to drag out the big vacuum everyday. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT i have a back up still in the box for when the old one dies. wish Big W still sold them

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Robyn, great to hear your feedback! Some good news - Danoz still sell this product!! Its currently at a buy one get one Retail price FREE! You can contact us on 1300 135 085. Thank you Danoz.