David Jones Storecard

• Special Purchases (2)
  • Application Process

Betty B

Betty BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling service trying to activate DJ store card.

I have been sent 2 DJs store cards and had 6 phone calls to Amex as although I’ve activated them online they were declined. Each time the person I spoke to (Anna) said they were registered. However they weren’t. The ladies serving in DJs did their best to help but it’s obviously an Amex problem. One way to lose Customers!
Shop at MYER and you’ll be happier!

Rates and Fees
Online Experience
Card Start DateJanuary 2020
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used For
  • Special Purchases

Elizabeth

This is not at all good.

I give no stars. I have been on live chat, have phoned various phone numbers,I have been cut off, I have wasted 40 minutes, and still not been able to activate my new store card.
If the store card is discontinued how come I have just been sent one.

Terrible - experience was so bad and stressful that I will never shop at David Jones again

Rates and Fees
  • Special Purchases
Rudi

RudiSydney, NSW

Old World Loyalty

Today, my wife and I shopped at both Myer and DJ’s. Myer has a simple loyalty system. A number that gets you benefits. DJ’s requires you to sign up to an Old World credit card linkage with Amex. No thanks. Thankfully most retailers now have a simple App based loyalty programme. DJ’s - look at Woolies.

Store Card Activation - keep trying!!

Well done Maxine!!

I am also sitting here trying to 'activate' my store card, and having great difficulty. Not that I am unable to find my way around a computer, I just find their website very difficult to navigate.

I have also had my store card for around 30 years.

I too believe they have also lost their customer service to those who have stood by them, and 'shopped no where else' for many years.

No accolade for activation

The electronic activation site provided with a new card does not exist as a directly accessible domain. Why is it that this process is not made SIMPLE?

Nannsie

NannsieSYDNEY

David Jones Card.

Not Satisfied. Have tried twice to have my address changed on my DJ card and cannot believe that it would be so difficult. Still not changed so will cancel. American Express no wonder and I have had my card for over 35 years.

Piglet

Piglet2519

No more

Disgusted with the $ 3.00 charge for paying my account at the PO. I had been sick rather than not pay on time and get a huge charge paid kt at PO. When did this start?I am sure it is another way for Amex to get more money. Never again. Istopped all our personal Amex cards hears ago because of similar tactics. This may be my las caccount with so called Daviv Jones ruled by Amex .

Diana

DianaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

CARD DECLINED

I totally agree with Lizard. After spending huge amount of money at David Jones and paying my Amex card completely before I went shopping again. A simple purchase of $13.50 was declined with my Heritage (over 50 years) card and Amex David Jones card. I had some shoes on order and when the salesperson rang several days later for details of card, I advised that both cards had been declined. She said we will try cards again. Guess what, the sale of $200.00 was accepted!! What happened? This was about 8th November, 2018.

THISEN

THISENPerth, WA

MY BEST CHOICE WHEN SHOPPING...especially having to attend birthday celebrations right through the y

I am really pleased to have my David Jones Store card which I have had for the past 20 years. For an example..it is not possible to give a cheep gift to a loved one, when you were invited for a celebration. Having a David Jones Storecard has been very helpful for me at such occasions.

Chin

Chinsydney

David Jones has no responsibility on its issued storecard

I was charged over the counter fee due to a misleading statement at the store card account statement. I called the contact number and my claim was rejected. I emailed my complaint to DJ but was asked to refer back to the number that I had called ( apparently it was AMEX). It appears to me that DJ has no accountability to the payment charged to the customer. If there’s an issue talk to AMEX. I’m very disappointed on David Jones Customer Service.

ERROR messages to every request

This card is the most user unfriendly card I have ever had the misfortune to own. Not only are you embarrassed and confused when your card is declined at the counter but Amex card services dont know what is going on either (after spending nearly an hour on the phone to them instore) Not only this, but I can't get any information online without coming up with ERROR messages. What the hell went wrong??

Card renewal frustration.

A new DJs storecard arrived in the post. I followed the guidelines to activate it but like others have written, there was no option to activate a storecard. I already have an AMEX, I don't want one from DJs. Such a waste of time.

fred

fredSydney, NSW

D J Store Card

as long as it is DJ Store card and not Amex, it's great.
Service at DJ is unsurpassed, as always.

No way to activate a new David Jones Storecard

I tired to help my wife to activate her new David Jones Storecard, and found it always gives an error wheh submitting the activation request on its activation website. Thought it was a temporarily issue, and tried it again and again in different time of the day and on different days, but to no avail. Did a research about this card and found this discussion in Product Review. Realized it has been a problem for a long time. Wondering why a sales assistant still recommended this card to my wife while she was shopping in David Jones, if this card can't be activated.

They need to be contactable

Last year I rang to get a pay out figure for my washing machine which I purchased on a interest free plan. Now I have been hit. with a statement saying I owe $232.20. I did previously receive a letter from American Express saying I had accredit for that amount they said they would pay into my bank account. I do not have a direct debit set up on my account. Today I found that they have deducted the amount from my savings. They did this without any authorisation from myself. I have been with DJ,s for 48 years and have cancelled my card.

Marly
Marly

Previously submitted a review on David Jones,now they are sending accounts with interest on it.Can anyone advise me what to do next,as I cant get through to them.

Robin

RobinAU

Frustrating in every perspective

After finding my David Jones store card had expired months ago without me noticing or being informed, I finally after two previous requests, received a new card. Next came the difficulty of activating. Not only is the lack of details in the accompanying letter unhelpful, when I finally managed to find the correct page, every time I filled in the details required for the first step, the page froze. American Express get your act together. David Jones what about finding a better operator for your credit cards : it reflects poorly on you.

Kristene

KristenePerth West Australia

Trying to Activate David Jones Heritage Store Card

After been ing a DJ's card holder for over 30 years and been extremely happy with it I am so disappointed in the card service now.
I didn't get a replacement card when mine expired in 2017 but was still able to use it until I was in SSydney in March.
Tried to shop but card declined so then waisted 2 hrs in office on phone to American Express and they where going to replace my card. No luck.
Was again able to use old card on return to Perth until I went to pay last bill.
Another long call and have now received new Heritage Card.
But try activating it!!!!!
Have tried online and by phone.still no luck.
Where do I go to now????

Annabelle

AnnabelleSydney, NSW

David Jones and American express rip off customers

David Jones is making it very hard to be a customer

I rated card as terrible as it was near impossible to activate, some people may give up altogether.
There were technical problems when i tried to purchase online this morning as a result i wasted a lot of time and eventually had to make purchase over phone.
This afternoon I tried to activate store credit card following all directions with no success, another waste of my time
Eventually activated over phone.
What is happening to our once service driven David Jones?

sally nasr

sally nasrasked

Can I activate my card on line

Elizabeth

David Jones would like everyone to use an AMEX card, these cards cost $90 a year and I continued with my store card. This year I found it impossible to activate, I have not had trouble before and I was so annoyed that I cancelled my account after 36 years. Good luck.

wolemai S.
wolemai S.

Many years ago I was asked to be part of a market research group meeting where David Jones asked us about different types of card. A very dominating man flashed his black Americam Express Card around and virtually took over the meeting. Several of us stated firmly that we did NOT want American Express cards because they are very unpopular with countless stores because of the outrageous fees they charge the retailers.
A number of us at the group made it clear we did not want David Jones to adopt the Amex Card, but for some strange reason the woman running the group kept coming back to the loud American Express Card owner and it was obvious that she was listening to him and not to us.
When David Jones adpoted the Amex Card we were pressured every time we shopped there to change our card from the old store card to the Amex Card. We finally told them to stop hounding us or we would stop coming to their store!
Our old store card used to give us:
a discount on the purchase of products
an extended warranty on electrical products.
Both of these benefits were dropped some years ago.
Now the store card gives us virtually nothing except some obscure point system that offers little.
We gain far more from our Myer One card which regularly gives us $10 or $20 gift cards.
To cut a long story short - I have have had a David Jones Card since university days, many years ago! It had great benefits which have long gone.
I will NOT use Amex. I found it far too embarrasing to find store after store politely tell me they did not accept it, though most now have a prominent sign on their front desk telling customers that the Amex Card is either not accpeted or will cost noticeably more to use.
David Jones has gone downhill fast. Their service is alsmost non existent due to staff cutbacks and their store card is useless. It is obvious in fact that they are phasing out the Store Card in favour of the Amex Card.
So bye bye DJ's! Someone at the top has NO idea how to run a department store and NO idea how to keep loyal customers.

Jill

Jillasked

How do I find out my balance online

Lorna F

Lorna Fasked

How do I activate my Storecard?

Get an answer from our members and David Jones representatives