Davis & Waddell DES0186

Davis & Waddell DES0186

MPN: DES0186
See the Best Novelty / Snack Makers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Davis & Waddell? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.9
ann
annNorthern Region, NSW

stinks

i followed the instructions after making kimchee but now the plastic stinks so much I cant't use it
nor does there seem to be anywhere where i can get a replacement container

Purchased in December 2021.

Oolie
OolieSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Its a great little gadget

I liked it so much I got one for my Mum too. I have only used it to make yoghurt (none of the fancy ones though) so far but will give it a go on fermenting when I get a glut of veg in the garden. I love the straining basket and that you get a lit to store your yoghurt covered in the fridge. Its a nice size big enough for yoghurt batches but a goid size to store when not in use.

Ada Harley
Ada HarleyPerth, WA

Grainy yoghurt

I have been using the yoghurt maker for 2 months now and have tried different settings and times but the yoghurt still comes out grainy. Any hints anyone as I cannot find a Davis and Waddell help centre online.

Purchased in April 2021.

Souphead
SoupheadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it.

Like most Yogurt makers I ask the question what does it do?
Yes it does make yogurt, but the reality is, it keeps temperature correct, and its a timer, because making yogurt isn't rocket science. So if things are not working out instead of blaming the machine one needs to look at your processes. For me I use long life skimmed milk two teaspoons of low fat milk powder, add the mother at room temp set C7 38c, 12 hours and the more you strain it the thicker it gets whey is surprisingly not to much
and my yogurt is thick and creamy. if you getting low qualities of yogurt look at your processes not the machine .......Love it, set and forget

Purchased in February 2021 for $39.99.

Novelty / Snack Makers

Find out how Davis & Waddell DES0186 compares to other Novelty / Snack Makers

luna7
luna7Sydney, NSW

E02 error after only few months of usage

I use this for making sauerkraut.
Love that I can adjust temperature and timing.
Hate that error message Is now showing - and I can neither find any info on internet about what problem is nor contact D&W.
That’s a large amount of Organic veggies in the compost! Disappointed at lack of customer support.

Purchased in June 2020 for $50.

Wendy L
Wendy LTasmania

I love how easy this makes yoghurt.

Purchased in January 2020 at Amazon for $39.95.

SimonPG
SimonPGTasmania

Works a treat.

This suits me perfectly. I can set my own time and temperature (yoghurt at 38C for 12 hours). I have been using it for a few months now without problem. Has a 1.8 litre capacity whereas a lot of others have much less.

Purchased in October 2019 for $54.85.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Jung
Jung

It is a perfect yoghurt maker

I brought this from Amazon,for reasonable price. Was little bit suspicious ,because i have used different braNd before. It has mentioned we can use for fermenting other things as well ,which i havent tried yet. While making yoghurt from cold room temperature milk, for me it was bit runny ,than i tried with boiled milk and culture from store brought yoghurt,it comes perferct everytime.a Natural homemade yoghurt without any additives or extra fat Not too sour. Highly recommend for people with family who use Yoghurt on daily basis.

Purchased in September 2019 at Amazon for $44.

Polla
PollaWheatbelt, WA

Excellent yoghurt

Purchased this machine to try and make yoghurt as it was quite cheap and had some positive reviews. I now use this machine on a weekly basis to make delicious Greek yoghurt. Reliable temperature control and consistent results.

Purchased at Kitchen Warehouse Physical Stores for $40.

Novelty / Snack Makers

Find out how Davis & Waddell DES0186 compares to other Novelty / Snack Makers

Annette09
Annette09South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

I’m disappointed in my results for this machine, out of 1.5 litres of milk I ended up with about 200ml of Greek yoghurt. Before I strained it, it was way too liquid. I used Mad Millie starter. I was hoping to make low fat yoghurt but seems low fat milk doesn’t work well. Limited information in the instruction manual. I’ve gone back to buying our yoghurt.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
IronMaiden
IronMaidenBowral

Makes Good Yogurt

My old Easy Yogurt maker was not suitable for making certain probiotic yogurt that required a lower temperature for incubation. I could not find any review for the Davis & Waddell machine and decided to risk $65. It is similar to the Easy machine in size, but has a number of preset temp settings for various Yogurt's, Kimchi, Sauerkraut and similar fermented dishes, there is also a variable temp setting.
In all it works ok and has produced some good results.