Dell Inspiron 15

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Justin

JustinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid it if you can.

Avoid it if you can. As soon as the warranty period finished it started breaking down. The mouse pad worked off and on. It randomly turns off and on the 20th month of ownership it has completely died. If you are purchasing from a retailer with an optional extended warranty definitely purchase it and then return it every 18 months to be fixed.

Purchased in February 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,250.00.

ThumbsDownKurmond

ThumbsDownKurmondSydney Surrounds, NSW

Screen hinge broke a month after warranty end

that's very disappointing. I paid for this laptop around $1400 and it worked well until like a 1 months after the warranty end. Do they really expect us to pay $1400 for a new laptop every year???

Purchased in November 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

G.Toouli

G.ToouliGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst purchase in my entire life - misleading product listing on website

During Dell's sale, I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop as it was a good deal, but upon arrival, there were no accessories (ie laptop bag etc), which is fair enough considering the deal, but there was also NO CHARGER so it was not a usable product at all. When contacted customer service about this, I was notified that this particular laptop does not come with a charger, and has to be purchased separately. Checking the product listing on Dell's official website again, the description/specifications did not specify that the charger was not included, and under the list of "recommended accessories to purchase" there was no charger under in that list either. This is very poor customer service and very misleading.

Purchased in November 2019 at Dell Australia for $299.00.

bunkum

bunkumGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Completely shithouse keyboard; trackpad almost as bad

don't really have complaints about slow performance (which is what everyone else seems to be complaining about), it seems as fast as anything else I've used, but I'm just using for web surfing, video watching, email and word processing so far. Mine has 8GB RAM, almost 1 TB HD. My main and HUGE issue is the utterly shithouse keyboard, and the almost-as-bad trackpad. Any typing on it is just totally painful. It's hardware, NOT software-related too, because you get the same problems in Notepad - many keys, such as space bar, apostrophe, Backspace, etc, have to be hit multiple times before they work. Utterly painful. Bought for about $900 at JB Hi Fi, a couple of days ago.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $900.00.

Eesh

EeshCanberra 2600, ACT

Good but not great!!!

Bought it on 2014 and that was the time when it was so powerful,but these days after getting all new updates etc it started showing off its aging signs and then became to worse to use,takes at least 5 min time to start during startup of this machine although I have switched off heavy things that will use up a lot of RAM to start,my friendly suggestion to people who needs to buy this go for 8+GB RAM and SSD as an hard drive rather than default HDD storage.

Purchased at Dell.

What junk

This computer is very unstable and erratic. It is very, very slow. You get a very low end computer that is not worth wasting your money on. I would spend a little more and not have to put up with all its idiosyncrasies.

RedM

RedM

Don't buy this lemon

It was a mistake to purchase this laptop. I've only had it for 6 months, it hardly gets used, but It is either frustratingly slow or it just freezes. It cannot handle Microsoft Office and even takes a long time to open a picture or create folder. It should not have been allowed for retail sale. Decision made = never purchase another Dell!

Purchased in February 2019 at Dell Australia for $800.00.

Alberto Rincon

Alberto RinconGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Big Design problem

The computer is good for my needs specs and all in all is a good product.
BUT, there is a big issue with the design, the keyboard is silver and the characters are white with a back lit that make things worst. I can't not even type because I can't see the letters in my keyboard.

I still do not understand how this computer was approved to go to production.

Do not but it, you won't be able to see or type.

Purchased in June 2019 at Dell Australia for $900.00.

JennjneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great laptop

love this computer but had to immediately update the Ram as it could not run my embroidery software programs fast enough. Love that the keyboard lights up so you can type in the dark. Sorry I didn’t look close enough at the keyboard as I don’t need the extra numerals area on the side, which has made the laptop just a bit too big. Found that dealing with Dell themselves with queries was a long drawn out nightmare but sorted out finally. Also finding that I have to charge the battery daily as it doesn’t seem to last long enough. Running the free Classic Shell program as I hate Windows 10. Works very well.

Purchased in July 2019 at Dell Australia.

gadallmaHobart, TAS

Absolute rubbish

Worst computer I have ever bought, I gave never known a laptop run so slow. I recently bought a low end surface pro which blows the Dell away. I will never buy another Dell

kmitchell_Vic

kmitchell_VicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It is the slowest laptop I have ever had. And I had a laptop in the early 90s!

Purchased in October 2014 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

MumTo3

MumTo3

Frustrating machine!

I really hate this laptop! I bought it whilst my other laptop was getting fixed under warranty which was taking too long and am I regretful! It’s slow, painfully slow. It lags, A LOT! Watching movies etc is very laggy. The start up takes forever! It freezes a lot. The speakers were fine the first 2 weeks, now can barely hear any sound.
My advice, stay away!

Purchased in June 2019 for $800.00.

Think twice about buying

Use less than a year, the screen hinges broke!! And the warranty does not cover! I have not even bring the laptop out or carry around much.Would not consider buying again! So disappointed!

Purchased in December 2018.

Stuart C.

Stuart C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

A solid budget level laptop

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $549.00.

Jackie

JackieCentral Queensland, QLD

Slow performance, ongoing wifi issues and limited battery life

It has taken 3 weeks and many phone hours to get this laptop to a point where the performance is almost acceptable. The main problem is very slow download, zero upload. The router replacement made no difference. After reading users reviews it seems many others have had the same problems, short battery life, slow performance and wifi issues. One user had success after uninstalling SmartByte, I did the same and it really made a difference. I now have some Upload, not terrific, but some. My main question is that reviews for more than a year are all complaining about the same thing, so why has dell not done something about it. And if someone can provide me direct access to dell by phone or email, I would very much appreciate it.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB HiFi Mackay for $1,189.00.

Never again

A few months ago I made a warranty request for the charger due to a conduit clean break. I had always stored this cable as per the photo on the Dell site. Their reply, I stood on the cable, also chargers and cables aren't covered. I had constant problems with the network cable and wireless adapter. I have performed numerous troubleshoot to fix this. It operates for awhile then it repeats. A technician has advised me to buy a laptop from a company with better products, customer service and warranty. I should have learnt my lesson with my XPS i7.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

JJJ

JJJGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

waste of time

bought the unit on the 9/6/19 took it home was on it for about 10mins started to play up, did not come back on... JB replaced the unit with a new one on the 10/6/19. . was working.. then internet was dropping out had to keep using the tool to restore the connection, I will be returning this unit as I am spending more time try to connect to the internet an no work is being done.. How is it possible that a company can build a unit that has so many issues.. It was around $700. Will not purchase a dell model again.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $740.00.

Complete Fraud!

Slowest computer I've ever seen in my life and i grew up in the 80's during the green screen. Completely worthless to even open takes hours to open a email, and its brand new!!!! I dont even know what else to say other than never ever ever will i buy a dell computer. And i suggest you do the same and spend your money on something that actually works.

Purchased in June 2018 at Staples.com.au for $500.00.

mwnew

mwnewHunter Region, NSW

Slowest laptop ever

I cant believe that this laptop can be so slow for something so new. Good processor but just doesn't work. I will never buy a Dell again, Had an MPS years ago. Never again!!

Purchased in March 2019 for $640.00.

Maree S

Maree SPerth, WA

Don't waste your money

Its only a few months old and keeps on blacking out. So slow and just keeps on blacking out and stopping. Always have to do a hard shut down to get it working.

November 26th 2019 Update: Worked only for 2 months

It stopped working after 2 months, it took the tech to come out twice and replace parts but it never really worked again. I buy 2 laptops a year, and will never buy another DELL again. Support is good but it should have been replaced. Cant ring support for my warranty on the parts as that expired. I will never recommend DELL to anyone.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $900.00.