Dell Inspiron 15

Dell Inspiron 15

3000 Series, 5000 Series and 7000 Series

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great laptop

love this computer but had to immediately update the Ram as it could not run my embroidery software programs fast enough. Love that the keyboard lights up so you can type in the dark. Sorry I didn’t look close enough at the keyboard as I don’t need the extra numerals area on the side, which has made the laptop just a bit too big. Found that dealing with Dell themselves with queries was a long drawn out nightmare but sorted out finally. Also finding that I have to charge the battery daily as it doesn’t seem to last long enough. Running the free Classic Shell program as I hate Windows 10. Works very well.

Purchased in July 2019 at Dell Australia.

Absolute rubbish

Worst computer I have ever bought, I gave never known a laptop run so slow. I recently bought a low end surface pro which blows the Dell away. I will never buy another Dell

It is the slowest laptop I have ever had. And I had a laptop in the early 90s!

This laptop was purchased for me in 2014 as a replacement for my old laptop that was running slow. To be honest, this one wasn't much better. It has the modern Windows interface which is nice but seriously the ten minute warm up time from pressing the button to power up, to putting in your pin to unlock it- and then waiting several more minutes for the interface to open, it was very frustrating. Credit where credit is due - it did get slower with age - in the beginning it wasn't as bad, but it still was quite slow. I didn't download anything on to it - I used it for internet and word documents that's it! I did not use it very often and the other day when I pulled it out it wouldn't work at all. Took it to Jaycar and they ran some tests - the battery is cactus and my charger was buggered. The told me to buy a new laptop - so I did (typing this review on my new baby - a IdeaPad S145. (It's so quick I love it!) lol. I'm going to reset my old laptop once I buy a new battery and charger and gift it to my mum as she doesn't mind if it is a bit slow. Other than the slowness, the interface was good and easy to use, I did have an issue with the "@" sign and the quotation marks (") being on the opposite keys - I recently found out that this is because if you select the 'UK' keyboard instead of the US keyboard it reverses those symbols (it did exactly the same thing on my new laptop yesterday so that's why I figured it out!).

Purchased in October 2014 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Frustrating machine!

I really hate this laptop! I bought it whilst my other laptop was getting fixed under warranty which was taking too long and am I regretful! It’s slow, painfully slow. It lags, A LOT! Watching movies etc is very laggy. The start up takes forever! It freezes a lot. The speakers were fine the first 2 weeks, now can barely hear any sound.
My advice, stay away!

Purchased in June 2019 for $800.00.

Think twice about buying

Use less than a year, the screen hinges broke!! And the warranty does not cover! I have not even bring the laptop out or carry around much.Would not consider buying again! So disappointed!

Purchased in December 2018.

A solid budget level laptop

There's some pretty damming reviews on this site about this laptop - I can only assume they paid a premium for the i7 version. I didn't...

My Inspiron is the Pentium 2.3 Ghz dual core, 8Gb mem version. It was never going to be a power house, but I own a desktop for any heavy number crunching I need done. I wanted a reasonably portable laptop with a full sized screen, and I wanted a bargain, so expectations set to a reasonable level. And my expectations have certainly been met!

I paid $550 at JB (end of year sale), and I got my moneys worth. Don't expect big CPU loads and you'll be rewarded. HDMI port, RJ45 lan port and 2x USB3 (plus a 3rd USB2 port). Battery life is HOURS rather minutes as reported in other reviews.

The negatives? Microsoft/Dell configuration wizard is an absolute pain to navigate. I really don't need another Microsoft/Dell/McAfee account to manage; it took me quite a few hours to navigate the setup and then remove the rubbish I really didn't want.

Best thing you can do? Don't accept McAfee as your AV of choice (try Bitdefender or another AV of your own choice); Office365 can be replaced with OpenOffice as a free alternative; go for Google Drive instead of Microsoft OneDrive.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $549.00.

Slow performance, ongoing wifi issues and limited battery life

It has taken 3 weeks and many phone hours to get this laptop to a point where the performance is almost acceptable. The main problem is very slow download, zero upload. The router replacement made no difference. After reading users reviews it seems many others have had the same problems, short battery life, slow performance and wifi issues. One user had success after uninstalling SmartByte, I did the same and it really made a difference. I now have some Upload, not terrific, but some. My main question is that reviews for more than a year are all complaining about the same thing, so why has dell not done something about it. And if someone can provide me direct access to dell by phone or email, I would very much appreciate it.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB HiFi Mackay for $1,189.00.

Never again

A few months ago I made a warranty request for the charger due to a conduit clean break. I had always stored this cable as per the photo on the Dell site. Their reply, I stood on the cable, also chargers and cables aren't covered. I had constant problems with the network cable and wireless adapter. I have performed numerous troubleshoot to fix this. It operates for awhile then it repeats. A technician has advised me to buy a laptop from a company with better products, customer service and warranty. I should have learnt my lesson with my XPS i7.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

waste of time

bought the unit on the 9/6/19 took it home was on it for about 10mins started to play up, did not come back on... JB replaced the unit with a new one on the 10/6/19. . was working.. then internet was dropping out had to keep using the tool to restore the connection, I will be returning this unit as I am spending more time try to connect to the internet an no work is being done.. How is it possible that a company can build a unit that has so many issues.. It was around $700. Will not purchase a dell model again.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $740.00.

Complete Fraud!

Slowest computer I've ever seen in my life and i grew up in the 80's during the green screen. Completely worthless to even open takes hours to open a email, and its brand new!!!! I dont even know what else to say other than never ever ever will i buy a dell computer. And i suggest you do the same and spend your money on something that actually works.

Purchased in June 2018 at Staples.com.au for $500.00.

Slowest laptop ever

I cant believe that this laptop can be so slow for something so new. Good processor but just doesn't work. I will never buy a Dell again, Had an MPS years ago. Never again!!

Purchased in March 2019 for $640.00.

Don't waste your money

Its only a few months old and keeps on blacking out. So slow and just keeps on blacking out and stopping. Always have to do a hard shut down to get it working.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $900.00.

Pathetic

Worst laptop I ever used.. it's lagging when i'm writing this.. so slow that sometimes i fear to start ms excel. purchased it one month back now i am thinking to purchase a new laptop. it takes a long to start up. wifi detector stop working frequently... even i'm connected on it and working its suddenly shows no wifi no internet connection.

Purchased in March 2019.

Very slow

This boots up very slowly. Applications take forever to load. Moreover, support for this laptop is non-existent. I could have done better for the price that I had paid for the laptop.

Purchased in September 2017 at Dell Australia for $800.00.

DON'T BUY

DON'T BUY. Laptop is the slowest I have ever seen in my life, even if the configuration are the highest, this doesn't mean it will work any better. Chrome can barely open, pressing on things take forever, internet keeps dropping, laptop keeps heating up. I already asked for a refund. This is one of the worst products I have ever bought in my entire life. DON'T BUY!

Purchased in December 2017 for $1,080.00.

Terrible laptop, do not buy

Just needed laptop for simple Microsoft office use and internet browsing. So so so SLOW! Takes about a minute per click to do just the simplest tasks, internet always drops out and requires restarting. Took back after two weeks of frustration

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $750.00.

very nice 2 in 1 laptop

This 2 in 1 laptop (the Inspiron 7586) is very handy and easy to use, the keyboard is silent and backlit which make it easy to work within darkness also priced reasonably plus comes with Dell tech support

Do Not Buy it

I purchased it via Dell official website about a month ago. The new computer is painfully slow and it took about 30 seconds to load a graphic picture from Facebook. I called the warranty hotline 3 times over a month but nothing is fixed. First the technician asked me to run a diagnostic and said everything should be okay but it was not. Second I were told to reset everything to the factory setting. It took me about 2 half days trying to follow the instruction but nothing has been changed. I asked them where can I send the computer to fix but was told my warranty is limited so they wont fix it.

The new computer is slower than an ipad i bought 3 years ago. Do not buy dell, their warranty does not cover anything, and they sell a malfunction computer with design defect to begin with.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,200.00.

Bad connectivity

At first the laptop looks good and is light weight as well, but within 3 months of use the internet connectivity drops out every 10mins, or sometimes in 3 mins. This is a bad choice for online working environment . I bought this for my university assignment but never allow me to upload something because of the connections dropping problems . Waste of money and time . Never buy this , this laptop seriously has problem with wifi connections .

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great laptop great price up to 1 Terabite of memory

This dell laptop is a great price and does everything you will ever need in a laptop . With 1 t rb of memory. Extraordinary for a laptop
Easy set up i love the screen size and the picture clarity is superb. Windows 10 is the perfect os giving you every option you will ever need..
I had to purchase norton antivirus separately which i feel should be built in,
Also Very heavy would be my only negatives
I love the card reader slot making it very user friendly when viewing photos, videos etc and the picture quality is vibrant.All in all, A very good price and a breeze to use.. Whether for home, study or work i highly recommend this Dell laptop

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Suddenly after not being in use for ten days my computer, a Dell Inspiron won’t turn on. What is the problem and how can I fix it
Hi Cecil, I'm sorry I cannot help you with this problem.I had the same problem. The battery went so low that I had to leave it on charge for over 24 hours to get it going again. My lappie is only 3 months old too. The only other problem could be a virus.

Why has it been ranked terrible?
The laptop was faulty from the first moment I turned it on. It took 2 weeks and many many phone calls to get a replacement.

Will running my InspironnR without the battery harm my laptop?
I mostly used my laptop with mains power - battery plugged in so the battery was always fully charged. Having said that, I was advised to occasionally disconnect the battery and run the computer on battery until the battery was empty then plug battery back in and charge it up again. Not sure what you are wanting to do - you will need the battery if you are using it without mains power. Perhaps contact the people from who you purchased your laptop.

Dell Inspiron 15 3000 SeriesDell Inspiron 15 5000 SeriesDell Inspiron 15 7000 Series
CategoryLaptopsLaptopsLaptops