Dell Inspiron 15

2.4

Piece of crap computer and dell knows it

Purchased in December 2019 for A$500.00.

Mackay

MackayCentral Queensland, QLD

The worst laptop I have ever bought.

Really upset with this laptop. I bought it from Dell 4 months ago. The screen was the first disappointment. My cheapest laptop had a better screen. The keyboard needs to be hit with your fingers to work.
Windows 10 is very slow and the windows update stopped it working. My Commodore 64 seemed faster. So I tried putting windows 7 but refused to install it. I took it to a computer shop in Mackay to get them to have windows 7 put on it they quoted me $100...after a week they called me and said it could not be done.
Ah well going to Gumtree. ...if that doesn't work I will see if I can flush it down the toilet.

Purchased in February 2020 at Dell Australia for A$650.00.

2pha

2phaAU

Can't recommend it

I received my Dell 3583 in the mail a few days back, bought directly from Dell Australia.
When I bought it I opted for the Full HD 1080p screen option.
Out of the box the screen looks totally washed out and looks terrible.
I was able to make it look a bit better by tweaking the display colors and saturation in the Intel Graphics Control Panel under Display > Color Settings.
But the screen still bad and has really bad viewing angles. Move your head up or down by anything over a couple of cm and the screen colours shift really badly.
Maybe the one with the standard HD screen is better, I don't know.

I was quite surprised at how bad it is. The XPS 15 I have had for 3 years is great.

Purchased in April 2020 at Dell Australia for A$629.00.

Aldrin

AldrinNorthern Territory

Worst Brand!

I've been with Asus for 6 years without any prob, laptop still working. Try upgrading with Dell, only lasted a year! Got a replacement motherboard which didn't last long either!

Purchased in December 2017 at Dell Australia for A$1,699.00.

JasonCentral, TAS

All the features but SLOW and Frustrating

Purchased in August 2018 for A$880.00.

Jacob

JacobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of crap!

Had bought this back in July 2018 and had issues with it and got the issues fixed. Now the lcd is dead. Don’t buy this heap of crap at all.

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$600.00.

Natsully

NatsullySouth East Queensland, QLD

IF you only use one application at a time, it's fine...anything else and it's S-L-O-W

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for A$775.00.

Alen J.

Alen J.Sydney, NSW

Terrible laptop

I bought Inspiron 15 3000 and I have regret.This laptop is useless and so slow.
There is no value for money.I will not buy any dell product any more.This is a shame for DELL.

Biggest Mistake I Ever Made

Purchased in May 2019 at Dell for A$1,299.00.

Justin

JustinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid it if you can.

Avoid it if you can. As soon as the warranty period finished it started breaking down. The mouse pad worked off and on. It randomly turns off and on the 20th month of ownership it has completely died. If you are purchasing from a retailer with an optional extended warranty definitely purchase it and then return it every 18 months to be fixed.

Purchased in February 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$1,250.00.

ThumbsDownKurmond

ThumbsDownKurmondSydney Surrounds, NSW

Screen hinge broke a month after warranty end

that's very disappointing. I paid for this laptop around $1400 and it worked well until like a 1 months after the warranty end. Do they really expect us to pay $1400 for a new laptop every year???

Purchased in November 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

G.Toouli

G.ToouliGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst purchase in my entire life - misleading product listing on website

During Dell's sale, I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop as it was a good deal, but upon arrival, there were no accessories (ie laptop bag etc), which is fair enough considering the deal, but there was also NO CHARGER so it was not a usable product at all. When contacted customer service about this, I was notified that this particular laptop does not come with a charger, and has to be purchased separately. Checking the product listing on Dell's official website again, the description/specifications did not specify that the charger was not included, and under the list of "recommended accessories to purchase" there was no charger under in that list either. This is very poor customer service and very misleading.

Purchased in November 2019 at Dell Australia for A$299.00.

bunkum

bunkumGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Completely shithouse keyboard; trackpad almost as bad

don't really have complaints about slow performance (which is what everyone else seems to be complaining about), it seems as fast as anything else I've used, but I'm just using for web surfing, video watching, email and word processing so far. Mine has 8GB RAM, almost 1 TB HD. My main and HUGE issue is the utterly shithouse keyboard, and the almost-as-bad trackpad. Any typing on it is just totally painful. It's hardware, NOT software-related too, because you get the same problems in Notepad - many keys, such as space bar, apostrophe, Backspace, etc, have to be hit multiple times before they work. Utterly painful. Bought for about $900 at JB Hi Fi, a couple of days ago.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$900.00.

Eesh

EeshCanberra 2600, ACT

Good but not great!!!

Bought it on 2014 and that was the time when it was so powerful,but these days after getting all new updates etc it started showing off its aging signs and then became to worse to use,takes at least 5 min time to start during startup of this machine although I have switched off heavy things that will use up a lot of RAM to start,my friendly suggestion to people who needs to buy this go for 8+GB RAM and SSD as an hard drive rather than default HDD storage.

Purchased at Dell.

What junk

This computer is very unstable and erratic. It is very, very slow. You get a very low end computer that is not worth wasting your money on. I would spend a little more and not have to put up with all its idiosyncrasies.

RedM

RedM

Poor performance improved after Support Assist

Purchased in February 2019 at Dell Australia for A$800.00.

Alberto Rincon

Alberto RinconGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Big Design problem

The computer is good for my needs specs and all in all is a good product.
BUT, there is a big issue with the design, the keyboard is silver and the characters are white with a back lit that make things worst. I can't not even type because I can't see the letters in my keyboard.

I still do not understand how this computer was approved to go to production.

Do not but it, you won't be able to see or type.

Purchased in June 2019 at Dell Australia for A$900.00.

JennjneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great laptop

love this computer but had to immediately update the Ram as it could not run my embroidery software programs fast enough. Love that the keyboard lights up so you can type in the dark. Sorry I didn’t look close enough at the keyboard as I don’t need the extra numerals area on the side, which has made the laptop just a bit too big. Found that dealing with Dell themselves with queries was a long drawn out nightmare but sorted out finally. Also finding that I have to charge the battery daily as it doesn’t seem to last long enough. Running the free Classic Shell program as I hate Windows 10. Works very well.

Purchased in July 2019 at Dell Australia.

gadallmaHobart, TAS

Absolute rubbish

Worst computer I have ever bought, I gave never known a laptop run so slow. I recently bought a low end surface pro which blows the Dell away. I will never buy another Dell

kmitchell_Vic

kmitchell_VicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It is the slowest laptop I have ever had. And I had a laptop in the early 90s!

Purchased in October 2014 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.