Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series

MPN: A511051AU

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Alberto Rincon

Alberto RinconGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Big Design problem

The computer is good for my needs specs and all in all is a good product.
BUT, there is a big issue with the design, the keyboard is silver and the characters are white with a back lit that make things worst. I can't not even type because I can't see the letters in my keyboard.

I still do not understand how this computer was approved to go to production.

Do not but it, you won't be able to see or type.

Purchased in June 2019 at Dell Australia for $900.00.

Jennjne

JennjneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great laptop

love this computer but had to immediately update the Ram as it could not run my embroidery software programs fast enough. Love that the keyboard lights up so you can type in the dark. Sorry I didn’t look close enough at the keyboard as I don’t need the extra numerals area on the side, which has made the laptop just a bit too big. Found that dealing with Dell themselves with queries was a long drawn out nightmare but sorted out finally. Also finding that I have to charge the battery daily as it doesn’t seem to last long enough. Running the free Classic Shell program as I hate Windows 10. Works very well.

Purchased in July 2019 at Dell Australia.

gadallma

gadallmaHobart, TAS

Absolute rubbish

Worst computer I have ever bought, I gave never known a laptop run so slow. I recently bought a low end surface pro which blows the Dell away. I will never buy another Dell

Maree S

Maree SPerth, WA

Don't waste your money

Its only a few months old and keeps on blacking out. So slow and just keeps on blacking out and stopping. Always have to do a hard shut down to get it working.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $900.00.

Remya

Remya

Very slow

This boots up very slowly. Applications take forever to load. Moreover, support for this laptop is non-existent. I could have done better for the price that I had paid for the laptop.

Purchased in September 2017 at Dell Australia for $800.00.

DON'T BUY

DON'T BUY. Laptop is the slowest I have ever seen in my life, even if the configuration are the highest, this doesn't mean it will work any better. Chrome can barely open, pressing on things take forever, internet keeps dropping, laptop keeps heating up. I already asked for a refund. This is one of the worst products I have ever bought in my entire life. DON'T BUY!

Purchased in December 2017 for $1,080.00.

Anju

AnjuSydney, NSW

Bad connectivity

At first the laptop looks good and is light weight as well, but within 3 months of use the internet connectivity drops out every 10mins, or sometimes in 3 mins. This is a bad choice for online working environment . I bought this for my university assignment but never allow me to upload something because of the connections dropping problems . Waste of money and time . Never buy this , this laptop seriously has problem with wifi connections .

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Upfront momma

Upfront mommaGold coast

Great laptop great price up to 1 Terabite of memory

This dell laptop is a great price and does everything you will ever need in a laptop . With 1 t rb of memory. Extraordinary for a laptop
Easy set up i love the screen size and the picture clarity is superb. Windows 10 is the perfect os giving you every option you will ever need..
I had to purchase norton antivirus separately which i feel should be built in,
Also Very heavy would be my only negatives
I love the card reader slot making it very user friendly when viewing photos, videos etc and the picture quality is vibrant.All in all, A very good price and a breeze to use.. Whether for home, study or work i highly recommend this Dell laptop

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Sezzle

SezzleMaryborough

Mega Disappointment

I purchased my Dell after loving my previous Dell. When it arrived it had no sound, so Dell arranged a tech to repair, hey were efficient with that. However the laptop performance is absolutely terrible. Slow to turn on, start up, takes literally minutes to open a photo, it's so unbearable I barely use it. The newer models feel cheaply made too compared to my previous one. I won't buy another one that's for sure!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Download sometime is very slow

My Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop computer download is very slow (about 70% time is slow) if compare with my 8 years old Dell Vostro desktop computer (about only 10% slow) both use the same internet provider, the other operation is reasonable ok, the help service from Dell's agent is quite good.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

A Huge Disappointment

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

ASeb

ASebNSW, 2135

Really good

impressive quad-core performance. If it is with a ssd its performance is great. COmes with reasonable price and tablet-morphing abilities make it a compelling—and powerful—mid-range ultrabook.
The Dell Inspiron 15 5000 is an affordable 15-inch laptop with solid 8th Gen Core performance, but it's hindered by a horrible display and brief battery life

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Paul EasthamAU

Just dont buy Dell

I bought an Inspiron 15 5000,,, paid top dollar,,, it had trouble from when I first turned it on...
After 2 weeks it refused to turn on,, 2 weeks later I'm still battling with Dell for warranty.
They admit over the phone they have a problem with this Laptop,, hence no replacement parts are available..
I have spoken to Dell in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, India, Sydney and Melbourne,,, but just get pushed off..
They dont have an answer

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Ropeable!

Ropeable!Kyneton Victoria

Happy with this computer so far...

Just bought one of these and so far I can say that it is a little ripper. My son uses auto cad at work and has loaded it on. Runs beautifully. So far a great unit, love it!. I love the backlit keyboard and also the lack of weight, my old Acer weighed a ton.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Brendan

BrendanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just crap

Locked down computer with terrible driver support. Cannot get Windows USB drivers to work. Good lick with WiFi.... Intel chip sets are probably to blame locking down the system. Very unhappy with this frustrating piece of crap. Regret having to get a dell. Overall performs poorly. Such a dodgy practice.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Joseph

JosephSydney

Terrible!!! Awful!!!

I changed twice! First the computer presented a bitlocker bug. Second the Bluetooth doesn't work and also appeared a strange message always when turn it on. I tried to do a lot of things to correct the problems but DELL Inpiron 13 / 5000 series seems to be worst all the time. In short, the computer never worked.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Amanda

Amanda

Basic everyday laptop.

Good laptop for your basic everyday use - emails, letter writing, web surfing. Not overly impress with the screen resolution and encountered a major problem with the laptop as it would not turn on one day because I did not have it charged, the battery went flat and I could not boot it up. Considering the fact that I had just recently bought it when this happened I went into panic mode and stayed up till 4 am to try to google fix it successfully. I have always used Dell but I think for its price, there could be better mid-range models out there.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Review for a model 5567

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Nicky P

Nicky PMelbourne

Very poor performance and issues with charging

This laptop was a bad purchase. Although it does have an adequate amount of internal storage, that is about the only positive I can say for this laptop. The most annoying feature is the charging cable. From the first week the laptop has failed to recognize the cord as a Dell product, and therefore does not charge the battery. This makes the performance terrible, to the point of basically being unusable. I have tried updating the BIOS, bought a new cord and tried all the other suggestions online to no avail. This product should not have been released due the the major issues it clearly has. This will definitely be my last Dell purchase.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Terrible Battery

It is about 2 yrs I got Dell Inspiron. The first year of the purchase, I had a Keyboard problem and replaced with the refurbished one. Now, again some of the keys stopped functioning. In the second year, I have a battery problem. Now, it is not a laptop but is a desktop. The battery won't even last for a 10 min.

I had a Sony VIO from 2009 to 2016. In terms of money, I paid nearly half the amount of Dell laptop I have. Battery life, it was excellent and even in 2016 before the laptop screen broke, it had a minimum of 1 hr battery backup. Never had any keyboard issues.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016