DeLonghi DCH7092ER

DeLonghi DCH7092ER

MPN: DCH7092ER

Perfect bedroom heater

I bought this as a second heater for my daughters room to heat up the room before bed. It certainly does the job!

We only need to turn it on an hour before bedtime and keep the door closed and the room is incredibly toasty for bed time.

Being a ceramic heater the element is inside so is safer than most posrtable heaters which is a major positive for our family as we want to heat the space safely.

It's very quiet and efficient. The controller is easy to use - my 3.5 year old has mastered it.

It is a really nice size and is a good looking heater. I cannot fault this heater it was exactly what we needed.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $139.00.

Noise Level
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Safety
Room Type Small Bedroom
SmellNo

Good alternative option for small bedroom

I have used 2 heater fans so far, this is my second. The first fan was from unknown brand provided by landlord. It was extremely noisy, but had very strong fan. Contrary, this fan is relatively quiet but fan is quite weak. Unlikely I could feel heat from 2M away with the other one, I should place this fan less than 1 M to feel direct heat to warm up body after shower. However, this is a great choice to keep my small bedroom warm. This heater can keep a room on certain temperature so there is no worries of waking up middle of night to turn on / off a heater. I often set temperature of 18 C before the bedtime, then fall asleep. This heater on/off by itself to maintain the temperature - I think this is very energy efficient and I am very happy with this because I can sleep in a warm (not hot or cold) room throughout night!
Of course, this fan is noisy, personally feel like a little bit louder than air conditioner (in a living room- Samsung). Sometimes I get up when fan start working middle of night as room temperature drops, but this never kept me awake - when I passed out, this does not wake me up at all.
Remote controller did not impress me at all when I first purchased this, but now this is important part because I don't need to get out from bed to change temperature. - Also to use fan in the dark. - this is a important downside of this fan. Buttons look pretty under the light but hard to use in the dark because these are invisible. Besides, buttons are operated by touch not by physical push, therefore, it is nearly unable to even turn on/off heater in the dark - every single touch in the dark change settings so I have to turn light on to fix settings without remote controller. (This is why I give 4 stars) Therefore, remote controller with push buttons is compulsory to have to change setting after turning off light for bed. - buttons are simple and in exactly same order, so handy and easy to use. So far, I have used this nearly 2 months and I am quite satisfied with this product.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

OK heater but didn't heat well

OK i have had it a week and the hot air gets pushed up to the ceiling right out of the machine, if you stand not even a meter away you can feel it hitting your waist and higher, my room is not that big and it does not seem to heat it unless you crack the hell out of it, which i should not have crack it seeing as it was a top rated heater, its coming back today cause i think they need to look at the way the air flow is set and why it does not heat a small room properly.

brought from the good guys its not there fault.
getting a kambrook instead.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Only survived one winter!

Bought this heater from the goodguys in May 2017. Last week ( now June 2018) it has stopped working completely. The temperature gauge clicks, sounding like it is recognising to turn on, but instead of blowing hot air it starts to smell burnt. It is very unfortunate as we had only used it for my now 15 month old daughter through one winter. We paid $120 or so for this and for this price we expected it to last longer. Sadly we are also just one month out of the 1 year manufacturer's warranty so are unable to send it back for fixing.

I thought DeLonghi was a trustworthy, quality brand. I thought wrong.

Good room heater

Good little heater, doesn't take up much space but powerful enough to heat up our main bedroom (4m x 4m). Can be a little bit noisy but you get used to it quickly. This heater is very affordable and thermostat is easy to set. I chose this over others also for energy saving reasons. Electricity bill didn't change much during winter.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Heats up the room well but very loud

Heats up the room well but very loud. This heater works well but makes the loudest whirring sound, which is very distracting and annoying. I was disappointed with it at the start but have learnt to deal with the sound. I probably could have found a cheaper heater that was of better quality.

Broke down on day 10

My husband and I bought one to use for our bedroom. It was really nice and heats up the room pretty quick. I though we got it for a good deal at 109aud from the Good Guys and boy, were we wrong. We placed it on a corner of the room so no one would bump/dodge it. On day 10 my husband couldn't turn it on anymore as it indicated that the "tip over switch" was activated (it's supposed to be a safety feature when it drops or tilts over - mind you, it never fell nor was it moved from it's place ever since we placed it there). Brought it back at the store and had an exchange card.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

powerful little heater great for small to medium rooms.

Got this heater last week as an interim measure as our wall furnace stopped working, very light, portable & powerful little heater with oscillation, remote control, temperature control and 3 fan settings. Also has an eco mode and a timer mode. it can be a little noisy on full power but was the least noisy of the small heaters we tried in this category. Suitable for bedrooms and bathrooms etc or as a space heater fairly close to you, not powerful enough for a main living area. Was marked as $129 but the good guys gave us $10 off so it was $119.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Small heater but packs alot of power - small rooms recommended

This is a tiny workhorse. Its very compact for its size, good heating and comes with a remote control. In a 3m X3M room, expect this to take about 5-10 minutes to really make the room nice and toasty. this heater has additional options such as rotiating 45 degrees, timer, temperature control and also cool fan. The great thing about this is that the fan grills never get hot and are cool to the touch even having the machine on all nice. It also has the standard safety feature such as tip over and overheating auto switch off. Bought this about 6 months ago when it was on sale to use as a fan at bing lee knowing that winter was just around the corner. Still working fine and no issues.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great for small rooms

We bought this little heater for our newborn baby and use it mainly at the bathroom when we bath him. It warms up the whole area very quickly and able to keep the temperature consistent from start to finish of the bath. One of the best features that I really like is its safety design of auto-off when it gets knocked down by accident. If you are looking for something small and can be take it to anywhere around the house, this heater is one of the best products that you can choose.

Practical heater

This heater is practical and compact, perfect for putting in rooms or bathrooms. It has timer, swing mode function and also an eco mode to help save electricity. However, if you are thinking of putting it in a bigger size room it may take a lot longer to heat up the room.

Powerful, small, portable

Love this little heater. It really packs a punch and heats up my bedroom quickly.

My favourite features are the fact that it rotates, and that it has a remote. I know it's lazy, but I love turning it on without even having to leave bed!

Would highly recommend, even thought it is over $100.00.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Does the job but broke within a month

I bought the heater to move between bedroom and study. Does a good job at warming the small rooms up, but the temperature sensor broke after one month. I'll be returning it today to get a refund as I don't trust something that breaks so soon after I purchased it!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Not so good for sitting in front of

The heater works, and is reasonably quiet for a fan heater. However, apparently to protect its electronics, it blows cold air forwards from the right side of the air outlet, so if you're sitting in front of it to get warm, you have this stream of cold air coming at you as well. Best avoided if this is how you use your fan heater.