DeLonghi HCM2030

DeLonghi HCM2030

MPN: HCM2030

Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

• Heating Speed1/5 - 5/5 (7)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (0) · No (7)
Caroline

CarolineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does the job.

I bought this at the beginning of winter. It did a great job of warming up a lounge/dining area. Nice and quiet, no smells, but it definitely pushed my quarterly electricity bill up a good $150.00. Worth it, though!

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$70.00.

Room TypeLiving/Dining Area

Great lil heating appliance

Just got a model of this heater, I have a small lounge/kitchen combo room with high ceilings, its doing the trick already and heating up my day room really fast- yup a leg come off mine too, but found a longer and similar sized screw and it fit, so no more leg issues, love the heating ranges....

Purchased in July 2020 at Noel Leeming for A$64.00.

Room TypeLiving/Dining Area
Ambarish Nanda

Ambarish NandaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good Heater

We found it really good. We do not need to switch on the heater for the whole house instead we have it in the bedroom and it heats up the room very quickly and effectively.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$40.00.

Room TypeLarge Bedroom
Electric Heaters

Find out how DeLonghi HCM2030 compares to other Electric Heaters

Lily S.

Lily S.Sydney, NSW

Faulty leg, weak heating

Brought 3 in preparation for winter 2020 I opened 1 box for my home office that’s about 6sqm on the highest setting it failed to heat the space so turned it off after an hr.

The screw holding the leg in place is so tiny the legs just fall off.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$70.00.

Room TypeSmall Office
FlamedTofu

FlamedTofuGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent heater, warms quickly & great value

Purchased this heater based off reviews and the price and it surly did not disappoint, it was easy to attached the legs which seem solid (you need to make sure you attach the screws straight). Once turning on there is an instant heat within seconds, this heats our mid sized bedroom very quickly, however in our large open kitchen/living area it does take quite a while to take the chill off the space, but this is to be expected given the room size. We previously had a target convection heater at this masiivly out performs that heater, it is an extremely good heater for the price.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$59.00.

Room TypeLarge Bedroom
TNP

TNPCanberra 2600, ACT

Small heater, Big impact!

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hifi Home for A$49.00.

Room TypeLarge Bedroom and Living/Dining Area

KirstieToowoomba

Does the job

Easy to use with a few levels of heat. Bought it for the spare bedroom and it heats the room quickly and stays warm. I also have the issue of the legs coming off. It took a few uses before the new smell disappeared but now it’s not noticeable. There is the option of using a wall mount but I am renting and I can’t try that. I don’t move it around much so I just balance it on the legs in its spot. The electricity bill skyrocketed after buying and using this last winter! Now we only use it for the coldest mornings/nights.

Purchased in June 2018 for A$49.00.

Room TypeSmall Bedroom
Monty

MontySydney, NSW

Legs are issue

Bought this for bathroom. Extremely quiet heater. Warms up enough in a small room. Biggest issue is attaching legs. Have seen many reviews with same issue. Screws are hard to get into really tight and awkward spot. Had to get my brother with electric screw driver to put them in and even then legs still feel wobbly and not very secure. Really bad design on this part.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Roxy A

Roxy ABrisbane

Would be great if the legs were stable!

Heating wise- fantastic!
Only takes a few minutes to heat up my daughters room. It’s definitely small but mighty! We only need to put 1 bar on level 2 and it’s warm enough all night for a Brisbane winter.
Massive down fall is the legs!!
You screw them in with the tiniest screws imaginable mind you and then the smallest bump the legs fall right out!!! With one bump the tiny plastic dowels broke straight off!!
This should come with hard set legs with NO assembly and this would of been a 10/10 review! I’m second thinking to even have this in my daughters room now! Just in case something were to happen.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Electric Heaters

Find out how DeLonghi HCM2030 compares to other Electric Heaters

Mexu

MexuMelbourne

Best thing ever!

Bought it for $49 only and it works like magic since day one.

It's extremely quiet and gentle and heats the room fast and evenly. Unlike a noisy fan heater, I hardly notice its existence. Definitely a good buy. Would recommend it.

Didn't notice any of the wobbly feet issue someone mentioned at all. As long as you screw them on properly, it's fairly stable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
jdw

jdwmelbourne

quite good, get warm quickly

Recently bought a delonghi convection heater, easy to carry and move it as its weight is so light, heating power is strong and get warm quickly, so convenient, also the cable is long enough for you to move it always without changing to other socket in your room. If it has a indication light, that would be better.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Mat1311

Mat1311AU

Does what it says on the box

I bought this one for my mother-in-law. Temps dropped sub 10deg in SEQ and with no heating in her bedroom we needed a quick cheap solution as it'll be back to hot in a few weeks so there was no need to go for an expensive option. I picked this one up for $45 at GoodGuys and I have to say it's not bad.

It says on the box that it's rated to heat 20sqm which I can confirm it does more than adequately, in fact her bedroom which is exactly that size was toasty warm in no time at all so it's a good buy if you're looking for some cheap heat.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Fanfan

FanfanSydney, NSW

Working without a prob

We bought it from Bunnings 3 weeks ago, and have been keeping it on basically 24/7, it's been working without any problems so far. It gets warm very fast, light and easy to move. The only inconvenient thing I can think of is the numbers showing heat level are not colored so it's a bit hard to find out how warm it is.

Date PurchasedJun 2017