2Dentons Pregnancy

83% · 102 · 17%

Shopper101
Shopper1016 posts

Really made a difference

Very comfy pillow to use at night. Also used a pillow between my knees to help with pelvic pain. Highly recommended. If your back pain is caused by the weight of your belly this pillow should help. Wondering if the folk who didn't like it were using it in the correct position.

angej
angejGeelong6 posts

Love, love, love it!

Used mine with all 3 pregnancies. Easy to wedge under your tummy for extra support. no back/hip/alignment issues in any of my pregnancies (lucky) pregnancy pillow helped. Easy to move if you roll over in bed. Removable machine washable cover - awesome! Used it early on and first month post.

charliepascoe
charliepascoeAU5 posts

Does the trick!

This pillow is the perfect size (to fit under breast and above hips) and isn't too stiff like other cheaper pillows. I am 21 weeks (been using since 20 weeks) and look forward to using it as I get bigger. Size is good to travel with. You can unzip it and wash the cover. Worth the money.

SecondTimeMumma
SecondTimeMummaBrisbane2 posts

Excellent! Money well spent

This pillow keeps hips and spine aligned as baby gets bigger. I found it essential from the beginning of the 2nd trimester. Fantastic size - take it to yoga / stretch class to support belly there. Fits into carry on luggage for overnight travel. If you're a mummy-to-be who travels, this is perfect. A small price to pay to avoid back and hip pain (and to get a good night's sleep).
* good value for money * keeps hips aligned * great for travel
* nothing
Wendy
WendyMackay3 posts

erin23
erin23

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!

This pillow is fantastic! Supports the bump all through the night. The bump doesn't feel heavy at all with this pillow. I am 28 weeks and I am sleeping through the whole night! I would recommend this pillow to every pregnant woman. I picked mine up for $30 which I think is a small price to pay for a great night's sleep. I just put a little cushion between my knees also to help separate my knees and keep my hips aligned through the night. I was told that it could double as nursing pillow when Bub arrives, so hopefully it is excellent for that too! Excellent!
Comfortable, small, well priced, great for travel, supports the bump all through the night - the bump doesn't feel heavy during the night.
michimet15 posts

Great pillow

This pillow is small so is very practical. Fits nicely under the bump and keeps your hips in alignment too.
Size, practicality
rockdoves
rockdovesSydney, NSW12 posts

Good

My comments are based on using it only in exercise class- pilates to be exact - so please take that into account. I don't know the cost of this preganacy pillow. It is best to lie on your right side for circulation reasons.
A pregnancy pillow is essential- however at home in bed I just used small a small cushion and a normal pillow. This pillow I used in my exercise class. It was essential as I could not lie on my back due or (obviously) my tummy.
This pregnancy pillow does not support the knee, the knee should be raised when sleeping or doing exercise.
amanda_01
amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD119 posts

I'm surprised to see that other reviewers have listed price as a con, I picked mine up for $30 (from memory) and I thought that $30 for a good nights sleep was a small price to pay!! I loved this pillow. I had a full length body pillow too, but it was way too bulky, and I didn't feel like it supported my bump as well as this one did. I loved that I could just wedge it under my belly and it really took up no extra room in the bed (so did my hubby!). I've told every pregnant person I know to buy this pillow!
Small, I travelled a lot while pregnant, and it was so easy to fit in my suitcase; easy to move with you as you roll side to side; fits perfectly under your bump!
meljenkins
meljenkins5 posts

Bad

I bought this when I had pelvic girdle and lower back pain to try and keep my spine more aligned. Despite the tapered edge, the pillow still felt bulky and uncomfortable under my belly. This may, however, have been because my belly was not big enough to need supporting. I was more comfortable just using an old pillow between my knees.
Tapered edge. Compact size which did not take up much room in the bed. Washable cover/
Price. Despite tapered edge still felt a bit bulky and uncomfortable.
katherbig
katherbig29 posts

I was sceptical when I first bought this pillow. I had a big bump all through my pregnancy and struggled to get comfortable enough to sleep at night. I tried various sized cushions under my belly and then I had a few friends (in isolation to each other) mention this pillow was fantastic and they were right! It tucks right in under your belly and I slept soooo much better without the weight of my belly twisting my back and straining the muscles down my side. It was the most used item in my box of maternity 'stuff'!
Small and light - I was able to take it with me when I travelled. Contoured really well to the shape of your baby bump. Removable cover for washing.
It does cost a bit - but is definitely worth it!
Brownbear