The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

Listing monitored by Butterfly Maternity

Pros

• Supports back and stomach

• Small and compact

• Made from breathable Japara cotton

Lucy S.
Lucy S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Back pain saviour!

Absolutely loving the butterfly pillow! As a back sleeper I’ve struggled adjusting to sleeping on my side but this has helped ensure I don’t wake up on my back and has helped hugely with my lower back pain! Highly recommend!!

Purchased in July 2021 at Butterfly Maternity for $97.00.

This is ok, but expected a bit more support

Tried this pillow based on recommendations online. I was looking for something that would reduce the likelihood of sleeping on my back, however, I found that I often will still wake up on my back, despite using the pillow.

Purchased in June 2021.

Mixed feelings!

Love it when first getting into bed to take the pressure off the ligament pulls! Personally don't use it overnight as it changes my sleeping position too much. Still love!

KMP
KMP

Great pillow for support

I sleep with my butterfly pillow every night. It helps me with back pain. Although I still need another pillow to put between my knees, so it's not completely encompassing.

Purchased in June 2021 at Butterfly Maternity for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review!

Great pillow

Tried a big maternity pillow and found it uncomfortable so I switched to this one. It’s amazing! Supports the tummy and stops me rolling onto my back. Everything I need. It’s perfect!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your review, it means the world!

Review collected in partnership with Butterfly Maternity

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

Great for price, size and comfort!

I first purchased this to stop me from sleeping on my back, which worked. As I became more pregnant it gave me the added support I needed. Bonus that it's not huge and overly expensive

Purchased in May 2021 at Butterfly Maternity for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your lovely feedback!

Nicole89
Nicole89Perth, WA

Perfect pregnancy pillow.

Ordered this pillow based on previous reviews. So glad I did.
Not only does it not take up much space, I find it comfortable and easy to manoeuvre when I am trying to sleep and don't want to wake my partner.
Highly recommend! Great price, quick postage and great product!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your amazing review, it means the world!

Natalie M.
Natalie M.Sydney, NSW

Every pregnant women's nigh lifesaver

I've tried 3 pillows but this butterfly pillow is the most effective among the rest as it supports your tummy and your back when sleeping side ways at night. Definitely recommended!

Purchased in June 2021 for $87.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your recommendation!

Pepper
PepperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for the growing bump.

Perfect for my growing bump. I've had back pain since 18 weeks. The butterfly pillow helps me sleep a bit longer at night time. Its also perfect for sitting up in bed with as cradles my lower back.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your review, it means the world!

Erin P.
Erin P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hands down, THE BEST

The Butterfly maternity pillow is hands down the best maternity pillow I’ve used.
I’m currently pregnant with my fourth baby and after trying many others, I gave up finding one that worked in my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies.

The size and shape of the Butterfly pillow is great! Don’t be deceived by the size…it does provide ample support.

I’m a midwife and childbirth educator and I will be recommending the Butterfly to all the women I care for.

Purchased in May 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Erin, thanks for your amazing feedback and reccomendaiton! We agree small in size but big on support.

EmmaHunter Region, NSW

Compact and comfy

Happy with the pillow so far, it's certainly comfy and supports my back and tummy without taking up too much space in the bed. I do think it is a little over-priced for what it is but otherwise I am happy with the purchase. It would have been extra nice if it came with a bag for storage and travel.

Purchased in June 2021 at Butterfly Maternity for $82.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your lovely feedback, we are definitely going to take the bag idea on board for travel and storage!

MellyIllawarra, NSW

Needs more support

This is my 1st pregnancy and saw this pillow all over the internet with great reviews so I ordered one. Defiantly NOT worth the money you pay for it. Absolutely no support and had to unstitch and restuff it with more stuffing. Very disappointed & would not recommend wasting your money. Also definitely need support between the knees so had to purchase another pillow anyway.
I was offered a full refund due to stuffing issues. All resolved nicely. Thanks

Purchased in October 2020 for $97.00.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your feedback and resolving with us privately. Again sorry you didn't find the same comfort as other mums-to-be and we hope you do find a pillow that works for you! :)

AMAZING!! So happy

This pillow has saved my back this pregnancy! It is super supportive and so comfortable I could not of got through night sleeps without this. The pillow can also be used as a feeding pillow after!

Purchased in February 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for your lovely review!

Very happy with the pillow

Highly recommend this pillow, it’s super comfortable and supportive. It’s made it a lot easier for me to stay sleeping on my side (usually a back sleeper). Glad I made the purchase :)

Purchased in June 2021.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for your lovely review!

Love it!

Only took one night to get used to but now it’s very comfortable to use. I decided to buy the butterfly pillow over other brands due to the great reviews and 30 day money back guarantee. I also wanted something small that wouldn’t take over half the bed. Highly recommend!

Purchased in June 2021 for $82.45.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks so much for the recommendation, it means the world!

Read more reviews - page 2

Ell
Ellasked

I'm interested in trying this but has anyone found they also need knee support? If so what did you use? Any recommendations?

Emma

Hi Ell, I just put a normal pillow between my legs if needed. I’m 25 weeks and find I can still get a good nights sleep without my butterfly pillow but i suspect I will need it in third trimester .

Melly

I agree with Emma, definitely recommend some sort of knee pillow. A normal pillow will definitely do the job. I used the butterfly pillow to support my belly and that helped my hips a bit too. Nothing will make you 100% comfy to sleep while pregnant lol

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi Ell, thanks for reaching out! We find many mums love using a pillow between the knees in addition to the butterfly supporting your side sleeping. Alternatively, if you wish for just bump support some mums-to-be turn the butterfly sideways to support both the knees and bump at the same time!

Anonymousasked

I bought the pillow recently and have tried it for over a week now. However I'm still finding it difficult to get a good position. I toss and turn a lot during my sleep and the pillow hasn't prevented me from doing so, so far. I still wake up with back aches and it's just been uncomfortable. I really like the quality and materials and I think it supports my belly well so I'm trying to persevere with it for my back. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and petite/short, and my main areas of soreness are my mid back. I've reached out to customer service but haven't gotten a reply yet. Was wondering if you could help me out?

Anna
Anna

I have found the past few weeks I’m better without the pillow. When I do need it, I place it behind my back only as support and this helps. Move the pillow to suit your bodies need. You don’t always have to support back and belly as such. Eventually I know I’ll need it for my belly again though. (16w3d)

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing your experience Anna :) How do you position it behind your back in a way that supports it?

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Hi there! Thanks so much for reaching out. Sorry that you haven't had the best experience with your Butterfly so far. I have messaged your Product Review account privately to go through the steps on how to best position yourself and ways we can help better your experience using your pillow.

Thanks so much
Tahlia x

ShivangniS
ShivangniSasked

Hi, I just wanted to know does this pillow give support to plus size women? I’m 19weeks and I’m plus size, I will be gaining more weight as time goes so just wanted to make sure that I will have that support.

Meg
Meg

I am plus size and yes! It's definitely big enough!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly Maternity

Thanks for reaching out. We have mums of all sizes using them from 20 weeks all the way to full-term and even after for breastfeeding support. Our pillows are a one size fits most, however, we do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so if you do buy one, try it out and see how it goes, if it’s not right just message me and I’ll be happy to issue a full refund!

See all The Butterfly Maternity Pillow questions

Get an answer from our members and Butterfly Maternity representatives

Features:

• Wedge-shaped design supports lower back and stomach
  • Made from Japara cotton, which is an especially comfortable material
  • Smaller design than other pillows made by Butterfly maternity, so they’re compact enough to take travelling
  • 12-month warranty and a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the pillow

Points of praise for the Butterfly Maternity Pillow:

• This pillow is especially comfortable for the back and stomach, as it was designed to provide support for areas that may be affected by pressure from a growing baby
  • The small and compact size made it easy to fit on the bed and didn’t feel bulky and intrusive
  • Many women were happy that this pillow allowed them to achieve a good night’s sleep after experiencing many restless and uncomfortable nights.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Winner of the 2021 ProductReview Award for the Body Pillow category, the Butterfly Maternity pillow has won over many pregnant women with its comfortable design and compact shape.

CategoryBody Pillows