The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

The Butterfly Maternity Pillow

See the Best Body Pillows in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Butterfly Maternity

Pros

Makes sleeping much easier
Supports back and stomach
Small and compact size

Absolutely love it

Been using it for about two weeks now and it's so comfortable and supportive. I've been tossing and turning less, sleep has been so much better. Love using the butterfly pillow❤

Amazing pillow!!

Love this pillow. Sleep and sitting much better now, comfortable sleep for mummy’s to be. Thank you so much for helping me & so many other’s!! Keep up the amazing work

Purchased in for $121.90.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Thanks so much for the amazing review! I am so glad you're loving your Butterfly Pillow

Natisha T.
Natisha T.Sydney, NSW

Finally found the one!!

After searching for the right maternity pillow I’m so happy I’ve come across this. The shape, size & comfort is literally what I imagined as it supports my bump & back! It’s also not so big and bulky like some others. Love it!!

Purchased in for $119.97.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Hey Natisha! Thanks so much, I am so glad you were able to find the perfect fit with the Butterfly :)

Life saver!

I love how support this pillow is! I'm no longer waking up in pain during the night and am definitely getting a better night's sleep. I wish I had known about this for my previous pregnancies!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Hey Jade! Thanks for the review, I am so glad you're finally getting a good pain free sleep with your pillow.

JesseF
JesseFAlice Springs, NT

Sleep Soundly, Pain-Free

At 6 months pregnant with twins, I have been experiencing terrible hip pain. The Butterfly Maternity Pillow has been incredibly effective with positioning my body for a comfortable pain-free sleep.

Purchased for $150.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Hey Jesse, thanks so much for the lovely review! I am so glad you're having a pain-free sleep with your Butterfly.

ChloeB91
ChloeB91South East Queensland, QLD

A great gift!

I bought this for my sister during her pregnancy. She wasn’t sure what sort of pillow to buy so I surprised her with this one and she’s so happy with it. I had a similar brand during my pregnancy but this one is much nicer. The option to turn it into a breastfeeding pillow with the special pillow case is very cute. Such a lovely product!

Purchased in for $150.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Thanks Chloe! Glad to hear that your sister is happy with her Butterfly :)

Satisfied customer
Satisfied customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing

Why did I wait so long! Absolute life saver. So supportive of your belly and back. I have struggled with staying on my side but with this pillow it has help support and keep me on there.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Thanks so much! It's so great to hear that your Butterfly has been giving you the support you need during your pregnancy :)

Review collected in partnership with Butterfly Maternity

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

100% perfect!

Love this and has been amazing through my pregnancy!! Highly recommend this to all my friends who are pregnant!! And love that it will also be used when i breast feed too!! Money saver all in one!!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Hey Sky! Thanks so much for this amazing review. I am so glad you've found it to be the perfect option for your pregnancy :)

So comfy!

The butterfly pillow supports my growing tummy and back in just the right way, allowing me to have the best possible sleep during pregnancy. My husband also appreciates that my pregnancy pillow doesn’t take up half of the bed!

Purchased for $150.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Hey Candice, thanks so much. So glad to hear that you are both loving it!

Find out how The Butterfly Maternity Pillow compares to other Body Pillows

This is a constant now, worth every cent!

I was a little hesitant to spend the money on a pillow but can honestly say that it's worth every cent, I've had it for 5 weeks now and I've slept better in the 5 weeks then in a while!

Purchased in for $107.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Thanks so much for this amazing review! I am so glad that you've been loving it :)

Liz
LizGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

really great pillow!

I've been having a lot of back pain during this pregnancy, this pillow supports my belly but also gives good support to my back, while being small enough that doesn't take up too much room in the bed. The company was great to deal with and Talia made communication very easy. Would definitely recommend

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Hey Liz! Thanks for the amazing review. We're so glad you're loving your Butterfly and that your experience with our team was also great :)

Amazing!

I tried a maternity body pillow first and it was sooo bulky and hurt my neck. The butterfly pillow supports my bump and my back and is easy to change positions during the night! Highly recommend

Purchased in for $89.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Hey Kim! Thanks so much for the lovely review. I am so happy to hear that you've found our compact pregnancy pillow option to be the right one for you :)

ParkerG
ParkerGSouth Australia

Love my butterfly pillow!

This pillow provides enough support and comfort without being too big and bulky. Takes up minimal room in the bed, meaning both my partner and I can get a good nights sleep. No need to adjust pillow if you change sides- support both back and front.

Purchased in for $107.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Thanks for the review! I'm so glad to hear that you're finding the support you need with our Butterfly Pillow :)

J.COOMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

worth the money

At first I was hesitant due to cost and pillow looked/felt 'flimsy'. It is actually really good, doesn't take up too much room in the bed, prevents me sleeping flat on my back and supports my growing tummy when side sleeping.

Purchased in at Butterfly Maternity for $120.

J.COO

Should add that that price inc express shipping

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Thanks so much for the review! I'm so glad to hear that you're finding the support you need with your Butterfly :)

EmMcF
EmMcFCanberra 2600, ACT

Perfect pregnancy bestie

I love my butterfly pillow. I bought it initially to help me stay on me side at night (as I am usually a back sleeper) but it has become something I cannot sleep without and eases the discomfort of sleeping with a pregnant belly! I found the size to be perfect for me (175 cm tall, size 14 ish) and I liked how “plump” it was - not too much, not too little. Also you get a Tim Tam when it arrives in the mail… WINNING !!

Purchased in for $110.

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Thank you so so much for this amazing review! I am glad you have found your Butterfly to be so helpful in getting some easy, comfy sleep.

Susan W.
Susan W.asked

What sort of closure does the cover have? E.g. envelope, zip, press studs?
Also, is the centre of the pillow (joining the two "wings") padded /filled at all, or is it just a flat piece of fabric?
Thanks!

Butterfly MaternityButterfly MaternitySend a private message

Hi Susan, it's an envelope closure. No zips or buttons :)
With the centre, the pillows have separate compartments with the centre between them a flat piece of fabric.

Hope this helps!

Mimi
Mimiasked

Hi I was just wondering about the filling of this pillow. I know the outer is made from cotton but I was wondering about the filling. The website says it's polyester, I find I get very hot and sweaty when sleeping and worry about it because I am going to be heavily pregnant during summer.

Nicky
Nickyasked

Has anyone used this as a breastfeeding pillow? Just wondering if it's actually supportive enough to use after baby is here.
Thanks :)

See all The Butterfly Maternity Pillow questions

Get an answer from our members and Butterfly Maternity representatives

Features

• The Butterfly Maternity Pillow is an ideal way to get comfortable during all stages of pregnancy - pre-pregnancy, during pregnancy, and while breastfeeding.
  • The name is given due to the butterfly shape, also known as a wedge-shaped design. One of the ‘wings’ supports a baby bump, while the other wing supports the lower back. This extra support helps to keep proper alignment in the hips and spine.
  • A Japara cotton filling is breathable and especially comfortable, while included fibre balls provide some density for a smooth texture that reduces clumping and adds support. The pillow cover is made from a blend of polyester and cotton.
  • A selection of non-allergenic materials used to make this pillow reduce the chances of irritability.
  • This pregnancy pillow is made using a smaller design than other pillows made by Butterfly maternity. This makes it compact enough to take travelling.
  • A 30-night risk free trial from Butterfly Maternity makes the purchase easier if you’re umming and ahhing about whether to invest in this $107 pillow.

Points of praise

• This pillow is especially comfortable for the back and stomach, as it provides support for areas that may be affected by pressure from a growing baby.
  • Reviews reported that this maternity pillow made it more accommodating for pregnant women to lie on their sides while sleeping, which is safer during pregnancy.
  • The small and compact size made it easy to fit the pillow on the bed without it feeling bulky and intrusive. This was especially welcome for those sharing a bed with another child, partner, or both.
  • Many women were relieved that this pillow allowed them to achieve a good night’s sleep after experiencing many restless and uncomfortable nights.
  • The versatility of this pillow, which allows it to be used from pregnancy through to nursing, is appreciated by reviewers as being practical.

ProductReview_2022 Awards_logo

The Butterfly Maternity Pillow has led to a positive transformation in the quality of sleep that pregnant women are able to get. This gift has earned Butterfly Maternity a ProductReview Award for Best Body Pillow in 2022. The pillow won over those seeking better sleep with its comfortable, supportive design and compact shape.

CategoryBody Pillows