Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel

See the Best Cleansers and Exfoliators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Dermalogica? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
    Ellabattista
    EllabattistaNewcastld

All time favourite

I have been using this product for so long and love it I have never had any issues with it at all I have combination to oily skin and always leaves my face feeling fresh. My face felt clearer and smoother soon after I used it

Gosia
    Gosia

Love it

I love this product. I have problem skin and struggle to find products that work, but this does the trick. It removes foundation and makeup easily, but does not leave my skin dry. Im looking forward to trying other products in the range!

Lizzy
    LizzyMurray Region, NSW

Love this Dermalogica product

I've included this into my skin care regime on the recommendation of my Endota lady & it's amazing!

I started by using the dermal clay cleanser only (also a fantastic product) but now have incorporated the special cleansing gel into my procedure. I use the dermal clay at the end of the day (to remove the majority of my makeup) and then follow it up with a quick rinse using this. I then use the special cleansing gel only in the morning.

My skin as improved ten fold, with the above combo being great for my combination skin. I also use the skin smoothing cream!

Cleansers and Exfoliators

Find out how Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel compares to other Cleansers and Exfoliators

Alicia K
    Alicia KSouth East Queensland, QLD

In combo with Pre-cleanse it's a godsend.

Anna
    AnnaPerth

Absolutely Love!

ive only been using this for about a week, but in that week my skin has improved so much! i love it, it removes my make so well, in one wash which is is amazing in itself. i have sensitive skin and found it leaves my skin super smooth afterwards. definitely recommend!

Ruined gave my skin.

This gave me acne. I knew it was the culprit because as soon as I eliminated it from my cleansing routine my skin cleared up immediately.
    Never again!!

marija
    marijaSydney

bad brand, bad skin stripping ingredients

I tried what was recommended from the sensitive range - moisturiser, cleanser, exfoliant, my skin was left after only 4 days irritated, itchy, red and sore and like as if it had been stripped. I went back to the place of purchase and was refused a refund or even an alternative range and was treated very poorly. I was still in discomfort and saw my Dr, after he read the labels, he said the ingredients are skin stripping and I was lucky I didn't continue use so there was no long term damage.

Laura
    LauraAU

Changed formula = unhappy customer

I have been using dermalogica's special cleansing gel for 2 and a half years now and have been happy with the product. Yet my most recent purchase of the gel has left me disappointed. The formula has been changed (you will notice a stronger fragrance) which has frustratingly irritated my skin. Initially my skin became red and hot then itchy. After two days of using the product my skin became all rough (which has persisted even after 4 days of not using the product). I am so disappointed and frustrated that I wasted my money on what I thought was a reliable and trustworthy product.
    The formula pre-change (it had a low fragrance and never irritated my skin)
    Irritated my skin.

Mary
    Mary

Take it back to where you bought it and they will give you a refund. Dermalogica have corrected this problem and you will find that further purchases will be better. BUT make sure it is a fresh product not old stock.

can't live without!

This is a must have product in my bathroom or toiletries bag. I love it. I use it twice a day and it nevers makes my skin feel dry. As far as skincare goes you can't get a better range than dermalogica. Everything about Dermalogica is simple and easy to fit into a daily routine.
    it is simple to use.

Tina84
    Tina84AU

Best cleanser out there- worth the price

This is a really good cleanser and definitely WORTH THE PRICE because makeup comes off so easily if you use it right and it leaves your skin looking and feeling smooth.
    I've tried a LOT of different cleaners and I wouldn't use anything else after trying this, give it a try & you will see for yourselves
    Natural, light, easy to use, works really well

shbro1
    shbro1Eltham

A nice cleanser, but massively overpriced.

I bought this based on the glowing reviews it received here. I only bought a small travel sized bottle from eBay to sample first. It's an ok cleanser. Foams nicely and smells good. It rinses clean and doesn't dry out my skin too much. I don't mind it, but considering the price, it's not that 'special'. It also contains sodium laureth sulfate, which doesn't bother me too much, but it bothers some people and it's a surprising ingredient in such an elite skin care brand.
    lathers well, rinses clean, pleasant fragrance
    overpriced

nay178
    nay178Melbourne

A little bit goes a long way!

I had never used Dermalogica until I had a facial at Endota. The price was a little high so I shopped around online and found it cheaper on Strawberry Net. I purchased the combination skin pack so the cleanser was a small bottle but can I say, it lasted for ages! You only need a pea sized amount with a little bit of water and it foams up well. It left my face feeling fresh however I did need to cleanse twice to ensure I removed all of my makeup. At times I felt it left my skin a little tight.
    Long lasting bottle and fresh scent
    Pricey. Can find cheaper online.

Pex
    PexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best cleanser I've ever used

Having worked in the beauty industry and tried many variations of cleansers, Dermalogica special cleansing gel is by far the best. My skin feels great after using it, no tightness or feeling that there's still layer of cleanser left on my skin (like you get with creme cleansers).
    I feel that my skin is clean as there is no residue left behind, you only need a small amount and it is very well priced.

lp99
    lp99IE

Best Cleanser Ever!

This cleanser is amazing. I find foaming cleansers best for my skin as I tend to get spots with creams etc but as I have combination/dry skin some foaming cleansers leave my skin tight. This however does not. It really cleanses my skin but is so gentle that even if I delay putting my moisturizer on it doesn't tighten.

It's a little pricey but worth it and lasts ages.

I'd highly highly highly recommend this to everyone.
    Gently, cleanses really well, doesn't dry out my skin

Jme
    JmeAU

Good

This is an excellent cleansing gel for normal - oily skin and can be used every day.

It definitely leaves the skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated.

This is the best of the dermalogica cleansers.
    Cleans the skin without drying out