Real-u Cleanse

See the Best Cleansers and Exfoliators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Real-u

Pros

Contains aloe vera
No benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid
Affordable

Cons

Some reviewers saw a limited difference after use

Not work it

I have had adult acne for years due mainly to hormones. I started using it because I wanted to stop using the contraceptive pill to control my skin flare-ups. This product made completely no difference and I have been better off using the Cetaphil from the chemist. My advice: don't bother with anything if it is not dermatologically recommended. Cetaphil is recommended by dermatologists. And also the founder is not a dermatologist so has no place being in the acne space.

Melissa
MelissaVictoria

The BEST Cleanser!

Love this Cleanser! Never irritates my sensitive skin, removes all my makeup & never over dries my skin. I use it with their other products which have cleared my breakouts and little bumps on my jaw.. will never use anything else again!

BEST CLEANSER EVER!

It always feel so fresh and soothing on my skin. since I started using the whole range my acne has gone down heaps, but the cleanser is my definitely my favourite. And it's really good at cleaning off my makeup at the end of the night too

Kjay
KjaySydney, NSW

Made hormonal acne worse

If you have hormonal acne or sensitive skin this is not the right product. Tried it for 3 months and it made my acne worse. Thought it was just purging my skin at first but acne got more intense, larger breakout and my face was sooo sore. I am now trying the osea brand , it's natural and It has cleared up my breakouts (I have 3 breakouts at the moment which is alot better than before),they are not sore and my breakout are calming down.

• Smell

Find out how Real-u Cleanse compares to other Cleansers and Exfoliators

Most amazing cleanser ever!!!

I have been using real u since October last year and the results are amazing. Since becoming a teen I have had the worst skin but real u changed that. It leaves the skin feeling clean and soft and got rid of my acne without drying my skin with harsh chemicals. I have no scarring on my face and feel more confident than ever

3 step control+

This stuff is amazing! When i first purchased the control+ starter kit i had no real expectations on how it would help my skin. That mentality comes from spending thousands on medication, face washes and moisterisers that have in the long run made my skin worse. I was staying home as much as possible, hated going to work and the shops and wouldnt leave the house without make up on. In under 6 weeks this starter kit has made my skin 100% better, less oily, itchy and red. My face is less painful when applying makeup, i've been able to ditch the primers and concealers because the moisteriser is perfect and im more confident about going out without it.This stuff is the best thing ever put on this earth!

Purchased in for $95.

Lacey
LaceySouth East Queensland, QLD

Real u 3 step system

Was really excited to try this and was hoping for the best. Unfortunately it made my skin worse. I suffer from moderately bad hormonal breakouts, and ended up with full blown cysts after using the 3 step system. Some of them still haven't gone down. And because I believed it would work I continued to use it thinking my skin was just purging. But it got worse and worse over the month I used it. Pretty disappointed.

Purchased in for $105.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Laura
LauraSydney, NSW

NOT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN. It made my skin worse.

Gracie
GracieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Pretty disappointing

I started using this about 3 months ago... there was no real noticeable difference. As it got to the three month mark, my face started to break out in massive amounts. I’d never had that much acne before, and my skin was more oily then it had ever been. So I stopped using it, and just used micellar cleansing water and the real-u moisturiser. My skin cleared up in a day. Their moisturiser is good, everything else.

Anna L
Anna L

Amazing products

I have been using the 3 step skincare for over a month now. I’m so impressed with how the products control my pimples, but never leaves my skin feeling dry. These products have also improved the overall complexion of my skin, my husband even commented that the redness of my skin has improved. I still wear make up every day, but my make up is so much easier to apply as my skin has less pimples and is hydrated. I look forward to using these products every day and will definitely continue using this skincare regimen.

Lifesaver, I’ve finally regained my confidence.

Not worth the hype, made my skin worse

After suffering with adult acne for the past 3 years I had finally got my skin right and after running out of the normal skincare I would use daily I had seen this all over Facebook and it looked so amazing I just had to try! Well what waste of money, my skin has never been so oily and I had new breakouts poping up each day. I would not recommend this product to anyone and it’s definitely not worth the hype.

Find out how Real-u Cleanse compares to other Cleansers and Exfoliators

Best product I’ve ever used!!!

This product has changed my life!! I use all the Real-u products and am now able to walk out the door with no make-up on! The prices are reasonable and the products last a minimum of 3 months! I have recommended this product to several friends as they have all noticed how great my skin looks now! This product is the reason I don’t cry when I see myself in the mirror anymore. When I first saw this company I was skeptical as like a lot of people I’ve tried so many different things and get no results, so I spent a month researching the company and looking at reviews and decided it was worth a try and since purchasing the products for the first time in January I’ve never looked back!

Brydie
BrydieAdelaide

This product chnaged my life

My skin shifted from being inflamed and painful, to smooth and clear. I had no reaction to the product which is extremely rare because I react to every skin care product and have very sensitive skin. After my acne went down I noticed some scarring, however the cleanser is now assisting in reducing that too. This product is so amazing and I can’t recommend it enough!

jord
jordHunter Region, NSW

What a real waste...

Been using for a month as directed 2xdaily, changing pillow cases, fresh washers ect, I really cant see any difference in my acne. Major changes are my skin always feels like its too oily from the products, like sweating from not soaking in which is horrible and is my main reason for discontinuing. I emailed for help, never got a reply which is misleading for a company that proclaims to be about community and helping.

For what you pay i really don't think its worth it.

Jasmin_
Jasmin_asked
Cleanse

I have been using for over a month and instead of pimples going away they are getting bigger and i have increasingly more blackheads than ever before. this works probably for most people but I’m unfortunately not one of those people. Any ideas?

Tina Sorohan
Tina Sorohan

Habe you tried Avene ?

Yasmin B
Yasmin Basked
Cleanse

Hi! Does Real-U test on animals and are the products vegan? (I’m not vegan just cruelty-free conscious with my beauty products)

Real-u
Aleisha J.Real-uSend a private message

Hi Beauty,
Thanks for getting in touch. Animals are way too cute and cuddly, real-u products are not tested on animals and contain no animal ingredients. Our products are hypoallergenic and vegan.
Kindness
The real-u team xx

C'ya B
C'ya Basked
Cleanse

I do have normal skin but my skin is very sensitive with some breakouts can I use this product as my skin is really sensitive?

Real-u
Aleisha J.Real-uSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Real-u representatives

Details ·

Features:

A gentle foaming cleanser that cleans skin without stripping it of its natural oils. It contains aloe vera for a soft and moisturising feel, making it suitable for those with sensitive skin. In addition, it is pH balanced, hypoallergenic and vegan.

Points of praise:

Reviewers loved that the product effectively combated acne while also being gentle on the skin. It is rated highly for its value for money, ease of application and smell. A few reviewers found that it had no effect on their acne.

CategoryCleansers and Exfoliators