DeWalt 18V XR String Trimmer DCMST561N-XE

DeWalt 18V XR String Trimmer DCMST561N-XE

MPN: DCMST561N-XE
See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Dewalt? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Battery Life

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy to recommend

I purchase my DeWalt DCM 561 PB-XE line trimmer 2.5 years ago from Trade Tools for $275. I maintain several gardens/lawns using trimmer weekly. Runs well. I get about 25mins use out of my 2hr DeWalt battery, so I always have spare battery charged ready to go. Light weight, quiet and easy to use. Only complaint, replacing line is a pain the neck. I believe this task is a pain for all line trimmers. I recommend you YouTube De Walt line change video for demo. Note 1: This type of line trimmer is not designed for, or suitable for heavy duty grass / weed cutting. Note 2. I previously owned and used a 2-stroke whipper snipper. To heavy, very noisy, very petrol fumy.

Purchased in March 2019 for $275.00.

JCLTasmania

3rd time lucky - Works great but has broken twice

Purchased in December 2020 at Total Tools.

Lanceasked

Hi, what is the line release like when you tap the bump head on the ground.?
Is it reliable or does it jamb ?
I assume the line being used is the dewalt twist line recommended for the tool when I ask this question. thanks .

JCL

Hey. The line release has always been reliable for me with this trimmer. I have had a few times with jams and needing to respool but this has been rare.
Reloading is very easy once you get the hang of it but instructions could be better

Thanks mate

Mike

I have similar experience with my Trimmer line (string) release mostly being reliable. However line does jam on occasions. I release jam by removing battery, and pulling hard on line. Usually this works. If not I remove spool and reload/string line. This is a pain. Also, to date I've used the hardware store generic brand line to replenish / reload Trimmer spool. Yesterday I purchased DeWalt brand line from Total Tools via their 'click & collect' (DeWalt 2mm x 68.6m nylon grass trimmer line - DT20651-QZ). This line appears to be better quality then the generic brand line. I'm keen to see how it goes, if it lasts longer, and jams less? And yes, reloading line instructions could be better. To get hang of it I recommend the YouTube tutorial video.

CategoryBattery Whipper Snippers