Digitech 5W VHF Marine Transceiver

Digitech 5W VHF Marine Transceiver

Dave H

Dave HNewcastle

Back from the dead..

I have used this on my boat with no problems, a great little unit for the price.
It did get wet and wouldn't work, screen showed all characters, and no button response, but instead of throwing it out, I kept it on the kitchen bench, and after a period of about 2 weeks tried it again, and it worked and nearly 6 months later, continues to work fine, first peice of electronics I've had that resurrected itself.
The only problem was when I was enquiring about service / repair, there was nothing available, either through Bias, (where I purchased it), or Jaycar who sell them. The unit apparently has no backup available in Aus.

sands123

sands123brisbane

5 Watt Marine VHF hand held works well

I purchased a 5 watt marine VHF hand held from Jaycar at Booval near Ipswich Qld recently. I took it out boating a few days later and tested it at the mouth of the Brisbane River. On my first call I received a return message from Sandgate Air Sea Rescue who picked up my request for a radio check and responded. In all, a very good first response and a pleasing one. It did all I wanted in a 5 watt hand held and Jaycar Booval gave me a good deal.
Worked well with good distance and the price was right.
Too early to tell, but return to store exchange policy if problems arise.