DJI Mavic Pro

DJI Mavic Pro

MPN: 3388138

See the Best Drones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

chastleton

chastletonSydney

Not much after care...

My Mavic Pro crashed over water and I lost it. It might have been operator error, it might have been a technical problem. Even though DJI requested the flight log etc, they later got back to me to say that they wouldn't investigate it as it was just out of its 12 month warranty.

I then looked at getting a replacement and although one is listed on their online shop (ie. drone without remote controller and without battery charger) it is only $100 less than replacing the entire kit! But, in any case, they are out of stock and I was told they didn't know when (or if) it would become available.

So my only option? Purchase another entire drone kit.

I feel like I've been conned.

Carlowe1

Carlowe1Brisbane

Went rouge!

Update on review! We took our other one back got a new one, lasted 6 months than we flew it outside. It went up fast, slammed itself down , came back up than threw itself into the wall of the house than refused to land. Very DISSSPOINTED for a $2000 product! Flight data showed that no inputs made by the the person in control it went totally rouge. Lucky no kids around. Got a full refund!! THIRD one in 12months never had it in sports mode.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Rolls

RollsMelbourne

Think long and hard before your purchase. Very buggy device considering the cost.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Lara T

Lara TSydney

The DJI insurance is a complete scam

I've reported this to the ACCC but want to make sure that no-one else falls for the same illegal trap. When I bought my DJI Mavic Pro I thought the best way to insure it would be through DJI Insurance as there would be no confusion. WRONG! They accepted my money for the insurance for 2 years running and have subsequently told me the insurance is not valid for their product. DJI Refresh insurance will not cover their DJI Mavic Pro??? This is nothing short of illegal and a complete scam. BEWARE.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

They don’t want to know you

When I first bought the Mavic Pro it was fantastic! But it soon started to fail with updates, gimbal and battery issues. I bought the dji care package and when I sent it in, they just reset the drone and sent it back. From a thech company they do not notify you that your dji care is running out and give you the option of renewing it. You need to do the hard work, go through there website and find out when this expires. You would think that this would show up on your app since they will be making money on people buying it. And when you try to speak to customer service to try and renew, they don’t want to know you. Poor effort dji.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

J Ferguson

J FergusonNSW, 2207

AMAZING ENGINEERING

Ive had this little gem for about 3 months and it is amazing.

You can tell alot of thought has gone into the design of this, all the way to the controller. The performance of the Air is great and the fact it collapses down to the size it does is perfect for travelling and generally taking it places

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Sam

SamNorth Parramatta

Mavic Pro still the winner

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Hugh

HughGold coast

Dji care refresh waste of money

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Milord

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

• Selected Review

Bought this because didn't want to spend $$$$ on camera lenses

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Steve

Steve

From beginner to advanced users

This drone has some of the most advanced features on the market. It is so easy to fly and with hands off the controls its perfectly steady. Flick the sports button and it is incredibly fast and responsive, and almost a little scary. Battery performance is impressive, with about 25 minutes out of a charge. The photos and video from this drone are stunning.
The app can be a bit glitchy but the return to home button gives you plenty of peace of mind, and works a treat. Not a cheap toy but its an beautiful piece of engineering and extremely well made. Ive never flown a drone in as strong winds as this one. Despite high wind warnings on the controller it compensates nicely.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Kane

KaneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

impressive! very happy

im im pressed with this product.

5/5! However batteries even when fully charged don't hold charge so make sure you charge them up right before you wish to use them.

My little rubber foot fell off in week one, the store couldn't help me find a new one and the online parts don't offer the feet as an option spare part. Lucky for me I ended up finding it in the carry bag weeks later, bit of super glue and all fixed.

if you don't mind spending the $$ get one you'll love it! I do!

David B

David BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Almost perfect - the ideal drone

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Lisa

LisaMandurah

Great Drone - Great Fun - So easy to use

So easy to use - almost flies by itself !!! There are some great tutorials on "youtube" to watch that actually helped more than the DVD provided with the drone...take some time before you start to watch the content it makes it really easy to understand. We discover new things all the time. It takes great photos and footage, and I love the follow me operation - took some great pics of the family in our boat !!! So happy with the drone - I bought extra batteries and really pleased we did as we only get about 20 minutes out of each battery.

ptiva

ptivaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Warning Great ideas that can quickly pear shaped - but terrible support from a company that ignores

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dduck

DduckSydney

Awesome fun & easy to use !

This is so easy to use within an hour I was flying long distances and taking amazing shots. Love it would recommend to anyone read the instructions if you don't have drone experience especially the camera which is 4K and can take amazing footage ( photo & Video ) Syncs to I phone in seconds.

Jamie h

Jamie hWoongarrah

Best product Iv bought in a long time

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Good - when it works.

This is not a Mac Book or a VW Golf, it doesn't just work effortlessly all the time.

When everything is running fine it is great, easy to control, great footage, long battery time and the fold-away compactness is fantastic.

Problem is the Mavic is temperamental, fragile, prone to software problems, constantly needing big updates and massively effected by minor environmental changes.

Every time I take the drone out it's a will it or won't it work situation. Today for example it was completely disconnecting from my phone and controller so sadly no footage.

My first drone so I don't know if there is anything 100% reliable on the market??

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Trey

TreyCharlotte

Horrible company

When I hit the home button the drone went into another direction and then dropped. I have called the company several times only to be transferred or told I would be called back. Which never happens. I had the drone only for a few days. We have sent the flight patterns in several times. Followed up with the company but zero response.

raghav

raghavBunbury

Great product even for beginners

with No personal experience of flying drones. I was surprised how easy it is to control the drone. The feature to come back home is quite precise . it ia fast in sport mode But it does not have rear camera which is available with DJI phantom 4 pro. does not have anti collision in reverse direction. Range is amazing . reception and display on my mobile screen of live streaming is remarkable. picture quality is amazing worth for its money

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Address and business licence request

My mavic pro flew away on it own I sent a video of it to them and they say it was pilot error. I took the remote and the video to a flight analysis and they told me it got disconnected and flew away, I keep asking Dji for the address where to send s summons they will not provide the address or business license number. Buyer beware they are a bunch of crooks oh and before I sent the video 7 times they said they were reviewing it when I called they said they didn't have it until I got the dept of consumer affairs and the better business bureau.

Date PurchasedMar 2017