6Doctor B's Barf Dog Food

62% · 85 · 38%

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten, Adult and Senior
Side Effects Yes · No
2.8
Smell
3.0

Nicolette W.
Nicolette W.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Combo Recipe

Food is great, smell and packaging puts me off

My experience is in line with other reviews I see and this made me write one as it seems it is not just me being difficult. The packaging having to use scissors to open it and scrap the food of the plastic is a major put off for me So many other products have easy Peel here to open solutions that this should be resolvable. Second point is the garlic stench, so over powering that it puts me off. Luckily my dog is not so sensitive and he loves the food and it is doing wonders for his skin and itching so I will keep coming back for the product but please please do something about the packaging. Show details ·  3
Smell
Miss E.
Miss E.

IMPOSSIBLE to open

This packaging is so difficult to open!! You need a knife or scissors and then it all sticks to the packaging. Cannot comment on taste as my dog eats it. As a regular buyer of this product the packaging is a big turn off. Any tips welcome!! Show details
Smell
Doctor B's Barf
Michael O.
Michael O.Sydney, NSW2 posts
  Combo Recipe

Can't open the individual patties without a knife

Decided to try the combo as it was on special at Woolworths. So far tried 2 patties and I had to use a knife both times to open it? Definately not easy peel. Show details
Smell
Doctor B's Barf
Doctor B's Barf   DM

Hi Michael, Thanks for the feedback. We're sorry to hear this and have sent you a DM so we can look into this for you. The Doctor B's BARF Team

Sandy W
Sandy WSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts
  Beef Recipe

Disappointed

My 4 month dog is a fussy eater so after reading the Barf reviews decided to try it. Unfortunately it only comes in a huge box. The first patty she rejected was in its raw state, so I ended up giving that to my chickens. The second one I lightly cooked but she didn't like that either so that went to my chickens again. I have 10 patties left taking up space in my freezer. I rang the place I purchased it from and they were very happy to take it back and fully refund my money as this product does have a money back guarantee. It was interesting to note that this product is the most refunded product sold at the store I purchased it from. Show details
francesca
francesca

My dog run away

My 9 months kelpie didn’t even want to be around the food. She sniffed and run away.
When I tried again the next day, she was running and hiding. Not sure why.  Show details
HeikePerth, WA39 posts
  Dog Food
Smell
Doctor B's Barf
VBh
VBh2 posts

Palatable and convenient

My border collie loved the Combo recipe, the patty was very finely minced but not slimy. It did smell very garlicky but he didn’t seem to mind at all. Price-wise it’s not the most economical for feeding medium or large breed dogs on sole raw, but I think it’s a great way to feed part raw for busy pet owners. I only thaw what I need, I don’t keep thawed portions in the fridge. Cannot comment on how long it lasts once thawed. Show details ·  2
Smell
Janine W.
Janine W.2 posts

Picky whippet pup

So its so important to me to feed. My 12 month old pup the best food. Ive tried Somerford food, Frontier pet food and making it myself. My pup is apparently fussy and this food never fails. He loves it, always eats it all up and never leaves anything in his bowl so im just ditching the million dollar puppy food and sticking with this food.  Show details ·  1
JenPQLD, 402060 posts

My dog loves it

After researching some raw food products I decided this product was the best choice. My senior dog is 11. Molly loves this food. Having said that, she isn’t a fussy eater and hoovers down all food given to her. I like the fact it comes frozen in smallish pouches which last her for about three nights. I give her good quality dry kibble in the mornings, a good quality treat or dental chew for lunch and wet food for dinner. She’s not spoilt! Ha ha! Show details ·  1
Smell
phil
philSydney, NSW3 posts

Only food she can eat

My dog loves barf, it's the only wet food that I trust and that she can eat without getting a bad stomach. It's a bit expensive to give her one every day though.

TheLoneRanger
TheLoneRangerSouth East Queensland, QLD61 posts
  Dog Food

Don't leave your mutt without it!

I've been feeding my MaltiPoo raw Kangaroo and/or chicken breasts for 9 years, plus adding in some veges and rice now and then...... very messy and time consuming business!

The BARF wet food is a huge improvement coming in Frozen packs, convenient and cheaper than the way I was doing it!

Go get it, you won't regret it!

David J. Mallett
David J. MallettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA78 posts

Almost Perfect

At last, our silky terrier loved the variety of Dr B's natural raw satchel food. The problems were that our dog's stools were inconsistent over the four months trial period and also that our dog lost interest given the taste of excessive blood in the satchel.

Rich72
Rich72Perth7 posts

Allergy reducing pet food

We have been using this dog food for 7 months now with amazing results - within a day of introducing it our dog stopped itching and scratching. He had been mouthing at himself hurting his legs for months. This food really works. Everytime we give our dog something else he reacts, back to Dr B's it resolves - it is that straight forward. We are currently using the chicken and have not tried the other types.
Happy healthy dog. The only thing that we have found to work.
Expensive but still worth it, packets could be easier to open

Chez68
Chez68 · Dog Food

I notice garlic in the dog food will this make my dog sick because since feeding it to her she's been vomiting and feeling off

Sue E.
Sue E. · Dog Food

How many calories are in ine pattie of Doctor B's Barf Frozen Chicken Dog Patties

HeatherW · Dog Food

How much barf combo should I feed my female 5 yr old border collie ? She needs to lose at least 3 kgs ..Thankyou Heather

JenP

Hello. I would ask your doggy's vet on how much to feed her, and if Barf Combo is appropriate for a dog trying to lose some weight. I hope this helps.

HeatherW

The vet suggested using Barf but reading the box it seems a lot to feed if I followed the suggestions .. thanks for responding.. she loves the food btw

See all Doctor B's Barf Dog Food questions

Special Needs
  • Pregnant / Nursing
  • Pregnant / Nursing
  • Weight Management
TypeFresh & Frozen and RawFresh & Frozen and RawFresh & Frozen and RawFresh & Frozen and Raw
Life StageAdult, Mature / Senior and PuppyAdult, Mature / Senior and PuppyAdult, Mature / Senior and PuppyAdult and Mature / Senior
Dog SizeLargeLarge, Medium and SmallSmall