Dodge Nitro

Dodge Nitro (2007-2011)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Dodge? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.1
  • Features
Fiona B
Fiona BSydney, NSW

Awesome for the price!

My nitro not worth any stars

BadgeSX
Date PurchasedJune 2011
Kanye
KanyeBelconnen 2615, ACT

Awesome car

heaps of room and big i own a 2008 Dodge Nitro SXT running cost not bad, its a big car but handing and performance is awesome.
its a strong car people say lot of plastics don't have any issue with the car never missed a beat.
good for long drives with great pulling power

BadgeSXT
rob77
rob77Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Go the diesel

I've got a sxt diesel great pulling power, heaps of torque, I was looking at a rav 4 or Nissan but I love the look of the nitro. Not much looks like the nitro and not very mainstream which is what I like.
136000klms average about 10.5 liters per 100k. Hasn't missed a beat.
I drove the v6 petrol for 2 days but it really has nothing in the diesel especially since I was averaging over 17liters per 100klms
A lot of reviewers complain about handling poor plastics but to be honest the average person would be none the wiser.
The only worry is parts and panels but with comprehensive insurance it's not my problem.

BadgeSXT
Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Dodge Nitro compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

rokdaisyNSW, 2460

Love my Dodge Nitro

I own a SX-R 4x 4 2009 Dodge Nitro. Being a female, i've always owned "little" cars, so this is my first "big" car, lol, and i just love it. It didn't have the high price tag like some other so-called "prestige" cars, has a full leather interior, very powerful acceleration, and great handling. It does attract a fair bit of attention though. I am not a snob/ poser, but hey it's nice when people walk up to me at shops/ servo and tell me how much they like the looks of it. I have never ever had any problems with the car, and hope it stays that way too. But, then again, i am a good careful driver and keep the car regularly serviced.
Price, comfort, leather seats, space, looks, handling, and the acceleration.

Nitro 2008 SXT 4x4

Transmission4x4

It could be better

It's great car ,really,but it can be greater if it doesn't have that showoff bumper things,and some fix at the front of that car really can boost the selling,my advice is use sharp shapped head lamps like range rover Evoqe and don't use that grill,and please decide if dodge want a good offroader please give me a favor , give it more ground clearance,if not(it just gonna be a show-off cars) ok thanks.
It's basicly good on design
The grill and the headlamps

seth.ofosu.54
seth.ofosu.54

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

TransmissionAuto
katebirch
katebirchperth

love my dodge

we have had our dodge for just over a year now and havent had any problems with it, drives really well, lots of room, big boot. looks good and gets lots of compliments. feel really safe in it.
its big but not too BIG, i like how easy it is too drive, doesnt cost too much to fill up, it has reversing sensors.
the only thing is that the fabric seats are black with grey inserts and they mark really easy, think im going to have to have them steam cleaned to get the marks off.

Midsize / Medium SUVs